Can't install 2007 compatibility pack after uninstalling 2007 test

Hi. My computer came with Office 2007 preloaded but unpurchased. I had a copy
of Office 2003 Student with available licenses, so I uninstalled the 2007
test and installed 2003. Now, when I try to install the 2007 compatibility
pack I get an error message stating the program is already installed. I think
there is some remnant of 2007 stopping the compatibility pack installation.
To be certain, I tried to open a 2007 document and got gobbly-gook. Any ideas?

Did you also uninstall the Activation Assistant?
Do you have an Microsoft Office \ Office 12 folder in your Programs Folder?

"Woo" <Woo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi. My computer came with Office 2007 preloaded but unpurchased. I had a
> copy
> of Office 2003 Student with available licenses, so I uninstalled the 2007
> test and installed 2003. Now, when I try to install the 2007 compatibility
> pack I get an error message stating the program is already installed. I
> think
> there is some remnant of 2007 stopping the compatibility pack
> installation.
> To be certain, I tried to open a 2007 document and got gobbly-gook. Any
> ideas?

0
DL
6/5/2010 3:41:53 PM
Yes I did uninstall the Activation Assistant. I am at work right now, so I
don't have access to the computer. If there is an Office 12 folder should I
delete it?

"DL" wrote:

> Did you also uninstall the Activation Assistant?
> Do you have an Microsoft Office \ Office 12 folder in your Programs Folder?
>
> "Woo" <Woo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi. My computer came with Office 2007 preloaded but unpurchased. I had a
> > copy
> > of Office 2003 Student with available licenses, so I uninstalled the 2007
> > test and installed 2003. Now, when I try to install the 2007 compatibility
> > pack I get an error message stating the program is already installed. I
> > think
> > there is some remnant of 2007 stopping the compatibility pack
> > installation.
> > To be certain, I tried to open a 2007 document and got gobbly-gook. Any
> > ideas?
>
> .

Check what is shown for Office in Add/remove dialogue first.
Also check http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928218/en-us

> Yes I did uninstall the Activation Assistant. I am at work right now, so I
> don't have access to the computer. If there is an Office 12 folder should
> delete it?
>
> "DL" wrote:
>
>> Did you also uninstall the Activation Assistant?
>> Do you have an Microsoft Office \ Office 12 folder in your Programs
>> Folder?
>>
>> "Woo" <Woo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi. My computer came with Office 2007 preloaded but unpurchased. I had
>> > copy
>> > of Office 2003 Student with available licenses, so I uninstalled the
>> > 2007
>> > test and installed 2003. Now, when I try to install the 2007
>> > compatibility
>> > pack I get an error message stating the program is already installed. I
>> > think
>> > there is some remnant of 2007 stopping the compatibility pack
>> > installation.
>> > To be certain, I tried to open a 2007 document and got gobbly-gook. Any
>> > ideas?
>>
>> .

0
DL
6/5/2010 7:59:12 PM
"Woo" <Woo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi. My computer came with Office 2007 preloaded but unpurchased. I had a
> copy
> of Office 2003 Student with available licenses, so I uninstalled the 2007
> test and installed 2003. Now, when I try to install the 2007 compatibility
> pack I get an error message stating the program is already installed. I
> think
> there is some remnant of 2007 stopping the compatibility pack
> installation.
> To be certain, I tried to open a 2007 document and got gobbly-gook. Any
> ideas?

Did you reboot after uninstalling Office '07 and the Activation Assistant,
then again after loading Office '03?

0
Jeff
6/5/2010 7:59:48 PM
Thanks for the help, DL and Jeff. I decided to just put 2007 on there. Thanks
again.

"Woo" wrote:

> Hi. My computer came with Office 2007 preloaded but unpurchased. I had a copy
> of Office 2003 Student with available licenses, so I uninstalled the 2007
> test and installed 2003. Now, when I try to install the 2007 compatibility
> pack I get an error message stating the program is already installed. I think
> there is some remnant of 2007 stopping the compatibility pack installation.
> To be certain, I tried to open a 2007 document and got gobbly-gook. Any ideas?

Office 2003 rollout
I am trying to roll out Office 2003 using an MST file - deployed from System Center Essentials. The installation is successful on the workstation, and SCE reports the installation as successful. However upon reboot the workstation says that it needs the Office install again. I pretty much accepted the defaults in creating the MST file using the Resource Kit's Custom Installation Wizard. I did make a few changes to the product features, but that's about it. Initially I did have the MST configured to remove any prior versions of Office but suspected that this could...

Security fonctionnality compatibility between Excel 2002 and 97
Hi folks! Let's say I work in Excel 2002 and I protect my workbook using the "Protect and Share Workbook..." functionnality (or any other). Will my workbook be protected if I open it in Excel 97? TIA! :O) -- Best Regards Yanick Lefebvre yes. Zoury wrote: > Hi folks! > > Let's say I work in Excel 2002 and I protect my workbook using the "Protect > and Share Workbook..." functionnality (or any other). Will my workbook be > protected if I open it in Excel 97? > > TIA! :O) > :O) thanks! This may not apply in your situation but...

Clean Install Documentation
Hey, i was wondering if anyone has seen online or posted their steps of SBS 2008 clean install steps that they prefer to get a system running perfect before bringing on clients...i've done clean installs on clients a ton and have little steps i take that make it better from the start, but am undertaking an SBS 2008 install and wanted to make sure i had everything going great from the start - specifically those little steps that are sometimes undocumented, like back in the day with SBS 2003 / Exchange you needed to do the registery fix to allow your mail to go to 75 gig...or the one...

Outlook 2003 New Install Config Issues.
Hi, I've just had my PC reimaged and Outlook 2003 reinstalled. My PST file has been imported and my mail is where it sholud me. Problems is the veiws had changed from what i had before. For example, all folders now have gridlines between emails. I know how to remove these in customise view but is it possible to change the veiw for all folders at once or do i need to do each folder individually? Cheers, D "moox7" <moox7@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:28b14a58-eee6-46c2-ad29-909e710ed2dd@r37g2000prr.googlegroups.com... > For example, all folders now have gridli...

running a Macro in 2007 which was created in 2003
Hi there, I hope you can help, I am not VB literate unfortunately but I am trying to run a macro with the following line of code which creates an error: LastRow = Master_Wksht.Range("N" & Rows.Count).End(xlup).Row Is there a change between versions which means this line won't work any more? Simon, That line is fine in E2007 provided you have 'SET' Master_Wksht but if you hadn't done that it wouldn't have run in earlier versions of Excel Set Master_Wksht = Sheets("Sheet1") What have you dimmed LastRow as it should be long. ...

Access 2007 ControlSource code in Report causing shut down
The following code worked successfully in Access 2002 & 2003 but for some reason, the lines that contain ControlSource are causing Access 2007 to shut down and error out. Any suggestions you have would be greatly appreciated. In short, I’m using a combo box on a form “ReportCenter” to change the GroupLevel and textbox values on a report. If I comment out the lines with ControlSource the code runs successfully, if any one of them are uncommented, Access 2007 shuts down and restarts. 'Group 1 If Forms![ReportCenter]!T2GroupCheck1 = True And Forms![ReportCenter]!T2GroupDescendC...

Install tips
Hi, I'm flying blind and going to do a crm install this weekend. Any tips or advice? Thanks, G RTFM "gavin" <nospam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BCEE8197.7FC%nospam@discussions.microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I'm flying blind and going to do a crm install this weekend. > > Any tips or advice? > > Thanks, > > G > Simple tip read the implementation guide and follow what it says. If this is your first install you may want to set up a test domain using virtualpc and do a test install on that setup before deploying on ...

Can't Open Item after Exchange 2003 Enterprise Install
I just installed a new Windows 2003 Enterprise Server with Exchnage 2003 Enterprise and some of my users have a problem opening some email messages. They get the error "Can't Open Item" Once they close Outlook XP SP-2, reopen Outlook and then try, they can open the email. This may happen to them 3 or more times a day. Any ideas? Thanks Brice P. Duffy Manager of Information Systems Mackall, Crounse & Moore, PLC bpd@mcmlaw.com What version of outlook? "Brice Duffy" <bpd@mcmlaw.com> wrote in message news:utKQV$$KFHA.1608@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... &...

assing macro to an an image, shape, text in Word 2007
I would like to run one of my macros when either an image, or a shape, or a text is clicked in Word 2007 document. Thanks, Use an ActiveX control, as they have a _Click event. Lev wrote: >I would like to run one of my macros when either an image, or a shape, or a >text is clicked in Word 2007 document. >Thanks, -- Gerry Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/word-programming/201004/1 Another method is to insert a MacroButton field and paste the image into the field code where the display text would be. See http://www.word...

I open 2007 file, it opens as .ppt (2003) read only
When I open up my 2007 files .pptx by double-clicking on it, it opens as a ..ppt (Read Only) (Compatibility Mode). I then have to do a "save as" 2007 file. However, when I open it by doing file-open - it opens as a 2007 file. Does anyone know why yhis happens and if there is a preference I can set to have them open as 2007 files when I double-click on it? Thanks in advance! -- Marc One solution would be right clicking the file and selecting properties and going to the " General" tab and changing the program it uses to open as a default(i am not aware...

How To Align Decimals In A PP 2007 Table
I have financial data with one decimal point where I want to align to the decimal point in a PowerPoint table. How do I select the full column and align to the decimals? Thanks! (B^>)-]=[ You can't. I've asked for this feature ever since about PowerPoint 2000, but it's still not there. Frustrating. You have to do this individually in each cell. Basically, choose the decimal tab option to the left of the ruler, then add a tab (Ctrl+Tab) before the text in each cell as necessary. -- Echo [MS PPT MVP] http://www.echosvoice.com What's new in PPT ...

MS Outlook 2007 mis-type exchange criteria
I have evidently mistyped some data for MS Outlook when setting up an exchange account during a new install. The application completed the first run of the install but when it restarted it can not get past the splash for Configuring Outlook. I do get a sign in dialog box but entering the user id and pw only errors pop up until the app closes down, There seems to be no way to get back into the account set up screens or anything else for that matter to try to correct the problem. I have uninstalled the suite and re-installed but evidently some of the original reg information is ret...

Installer
Help! I'm running Vista Home Premium and theres a glitch of somekind, whenever I try to download a programme and try and run it my installer seems to pop up in the way and says opening installer and then times out with an error...whats happening ? And what might the COMPLETE error say ,if you do not mind me asking -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. http://www.microsoft.com/protect "cooperman" <ralph_cooper@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:u5Za$Ip$KHA....

Best way to install upgrade?
Hi: I currently have Money 2002 Standard OEM edition running on Windows XP. I have purchased Money 2004 Deluxe. What is best w3ay to install the new version, to avoid problems? Should I un-install 2002 version first? TIA Josh In microsoft.public.money, Josh Heller wrote: > >I currently have Money 2002 Standard OEM edition running on Windows XP. I >have purchased Money 2004 Deluxe. What is best w3ay to install the new >version, to avoid problems? Should I un-install 2002 version first? If you install Money 2004 into a different folder, you could have both version on the same ...

Microsoft Word Table design in Access 2007
Is there a method for inserting a table (not an access table, but a word table with columns/rows/header, etc...) in a description field in a form or below the description field? I'm creating a database for development business rules and sometimes a business rule needs a table to explain or identify the heirarchy/relationship of items for the rule. I don't want this to link to anything else but the Business Rule ID that I am currently in. Thanks in advance! You could use a memo field but the data will not be separated by grid lines. You would need to add spacing and ...

office service pack
Hi, I have installed Office X on my G4. Now I want to upgrade the installation as I want to hook up Entourage to Exchange. However, when I install the service packs (in order, coming up to v 10.1.5, I am asked to enter my serial # again. I do this but get a message that the serial # is not valid - what's going on, anyone have any ideas? Christoph In article <vttvq09t4upp63@corp.supernews.com>, "Christoph Lutz" <Christoph.Lutz@mycompany.com> wrote: > I have installed Office X on my G4. Now I want to upgrade the installation > as I want to hook up Entoura...

Exchange Service Pack upgrade
When trying to install MS Exchange 2k service pack on our BlackBerry Server. I get the error: The component "microsoft exchange messaging and Collaboration Services" cannot be assigned the action "update" because" - You can use this edition of Microsoft Exchange 2000 Service Pack Update to update existing version of Exchange 2000 only. Here's the funny thing Blackberry advised us to stop Exchange services on the Blackberry Box, since we are just using the Blackberry service. Help……. ...

Exchange 2007/spam/windows mobile
I have just installed Exchange Server 2007 and have moved a couple of mailboxes over to it for testing. I am using the Anti-spam built into EX2007. When a mailbox receives spam, it goes to the Junk Mail folder in Outlook, but it is hitting the Inbox first. I have a Windows Mobile device setup to sync to the Inbox (I checked to make sure that the Junk Email folder is not selected and it is not). I have 2 different problems, but I believe they both are related. The first... when the spam message hit my mailbox, they are first hitting my inbox real quick and then being moved the Junk ...

Exchange 2007
Hallo. we have enabled recipient filtering for our organization as we are requested to reject with a SMTP connection error messages addressed to non existent recipients as follows: EMC - Organization Configuration - Hub Transport - Anti-spam - Recipient Filtering enabled Block messages sent to recipients not listed in the GAL Still, if I telnet on port 25 I get a 250 2.1.5 Recipient OK message to a RCPT TO:non_existent_user@mydomain.com We have 2 Exchange 2007 SP1 servers: both are HubTransport+ClientAccess+Mailbox+UnifiedMessaging Exch1 is Windows Server 2003 Ent R2 SP2 ...

Excel2003 vs 2007 ... :(
Excel2003 vs 2007 ... I have many Templates, charts etc created in Excel2003 & many have Recorded Macro's attached to Forms Buttons ... These Temps work perfect in Excel2003 ... I think they may also work in Excel2007??? However .... Issue is ... some folks have Excel2003 (WindowsXP) while others who update these Files have Windows7 (Excel2007) ... We often end up with File corruption or Excel has encountered an error & must close ... etc etc ... when attempting to work these Files between the 2 Office Systems & 2 Excels .... very disenchanting. We have use...

2003 charts don't format to page size in 2007. any suggestions
I have numerous charts created in Excel 2003 that are formatted to print very legibly on 8-1/2 x 11. Excel 2007 does not seem to make any proportional adjustments base on paper size, resulting in a long flat chart that is not legible because the print is too small. Any suggestions on how to modify the ratios. Clicking on print options "print on 1 page high by 1 page wide" has no effect. the height and width ratios do not change at all as they did in 2003. ...

Activating Trial Visio 2007
Unabale to activate a successfully downloaded trial version of Visio 2007. Keep getting the message now for 3 days running; "A communication error has occured. Your request cannot be processed at this time. Please try again in a few minutes". There is nothing wrong with my internet connection. I cannot get to talk to any Microsoft Technician as the phone no given does not connect. I do not even have the option of activating by phone being a trial version. Can anyone help? -- Ekeneoma ------=_NextPart_0001_2DA4BC8A Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit I...

2007: How to show ribbon in XLS sheets opened with Internet Explor
Our company has the Browse in Same Window flag on for the XLS and DOC file types. This is needed for these documents to work inside of our own application. When opening a Word Doc it shows the ribbon within IE and you can make all your changes and stuff. But when you open and Excel Sheet within IE, it only shows the spreadsheet and the formula bar. There is no ribbon. If you look closely I was able to see the ribbon show for a split second but then dissapear. Also, if you try and do Alt+F to get the ribbon, IE takes it over, so that alternative is out. Is there a way to enable the ribbo...

Use jpg as border
Hi - I have a specific jpg that I wish to use as a border on a Word 2007 document. This jpg will be 3/4 point, and will border the entire document with multiple copies of the picture. In other words, the picture will be copied around the entire border of the document. I looked in Word 2007 'Help' but could not find the info on how to do this, if indeed it is possible. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated. Thanks Joe Hello Joe, if your jpg file is of right dimensions, you can use it as a background image. Therefore you can have it as border as...

Publisher 2007 Color Printing option not enabled
I'm trying to get the best possible printing of my picture on postcards (marketing material). When I upgraded to 2007 the quality improved. I notice that the "Tools", "Commercial Printing Tools" "Colot Printing" option is not enabled. What's it for and why is it not enabled? My printing is very slow with Mail Merge from Excel (55 seconds per page of 4 postcards), but I will post that separately. Thanks. Anyone? "Howard" wrote: > I'm trying to get the best possible printing of my picture on postcards > (marketing material)....