attempting to use help in Office 2007 goes to the "Configuring ...

I am trying to use the help in various Office apps, but it isn't working.
When I click the help, it goes into a "Configuring Microsoft Office Ulitmate
2007..." dialog.  After it runs for some period of time, the Microsoft Office
Help Viewer window opens.  A setup dialog then opens that says "In order to
complete setup, a system reboot is necessary.  Would you like to reboot now?"
 If I click No, another setup window pops open that says "Please wait while
Windows configures Microsoft Office Word MUI (English) 2007".  That
disappears and then it says no help topics were found.

I have tried rebooting, uninstalling and reinstalling Office but it hasn't
worked.  I don't see any errors in the event view for Office or Application.

I have tried running Word as an administrator.  I have tried running word by
double clicking the winword.exe file in the Programs directory and from the
shortcut in the start menu.

I am running on Windows 7 x64.

I had the same problem when I had to reinstall Office 2007 after a
system failure.  After the 2nd or 3rd time of trying to get the help
files, I decided to forget it. Those help files weren't that good
anyway.  You can get better help from numerous places on the net.

--
Hairball
Hairball's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/171473.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

0
Hairball
1/6/2010 11:40:36 PM
Try deleting the help folder under C: Program Data\Microsoft Help. Program
Data folder is a hidden folder, hence you need to enable the hidden folders
and files
Once you delete the folder, repair office 2007
Even after if the help does not work, then you need to uninstall Office 2007
by following the Microsoft Support Article
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928218

"Hairball" wrote:

> I had the same problem when I had to reinstall Office 2007 after a
> system failure.  After the 2nd or 3rd time of trying to get the help
> files, I decided to forget it. Those help files weren't that good
> anyway.  You can get better help from numerous places on the net.
>

> --
> Hairball
> Hairball's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/171473.htm
> View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/office-setup/1289958.htm
>
> http://forums.techarena.in
>
> .

Thanks for the info.   I'll give it a try.  But if it doesn't work, no
big deal. Like I said before, the MS Help files are (in my estimation)
pretty lame and not very helpful.

--
Hairball
Hairball's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/171473.htm
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/office-setup/1289958.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

0
Hairball

Mac office 2004 install question
Where does the normal install normally place the "Microsoft User Data" folder that contains, among other things, the Entourage message database? Thanks, -gb In username/documents. In fact, Office requires the MUD folder be there, you have to trick it to put it elsewhere. On 2/18/05 4:34 PM, "Geoff Brandt" wrote: > Where does the normal install normally place the "Microsoft User Data" > folder that contains, among other things, the Entourage message database? > > Thanks, > > -gb > -- Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word Word FAQ: http://ww...

Using friendly Avatars in Powerpoint simple import
I have read many posts throughout the web regarding using Avatars within learning content and Powerpoint presentations and the benefits that exist using such, and thought this could be an interesting link for your members. www.alteregos.com its a wizard driven software solution that produces video output in either AVI, SWF or Flash video, the content can be instantly imported directly into most compositions tools such as PowerPoint, Camtasia, Microsoft Video Editor etc, giving dramatic flexibility of use. It was initially designed as a generic avatar tool, but its major uptake is...

Configuring IPSec between FE and BE servers
Hi, Can anyone tell me where I can find some step by step instructions to set up IPSec communications between Exchange 2003 Front-End and Back-End servers (the back-end is running a 2 node A/P cluster)? Thanks, Curtis. -- Please reply to news group only. Thank you. On Wed, 12 Jul 2006 12:55:40 +0100, "Curtis Fray" <xxx@xxx.com> wrote: >Hi, > >Can anyone tell me where I can find some step by step instructions to set up >IPSec communications between Exchange 2003 Front-End and Back-End servers >(the back-end is running a 2 node A/P cluster)? > >...

SDI with multiple views using the wizard
Hi all, I would like to build a Doc/View SDI Visual C++6 project using multiple views as (CFrameWnd) for the same document. In some documentation is mentioned just MDI support multiple views. Could someone please explain the steps for doing that, using the wizard? Thank you, Chris ...

Report from Access 2003 to 2007 problem

New Chart in Excel 2007 is NOT showed unless preview
I have a sheet with multiple charts in Excel 2007 one of the new created charts is hidden when I open the file Unless preview is selected, then finally turned on BUT many formats are changed and objects on charts (titles,...) can not be moved ! what's wrong ? Make sure you have installed SP2 for Office 2007 as this fixes some (not all) chart problems best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps from email "Rolando" <Rolando@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0B0A3E5C-AABD-4982-962B-8C5C09A2CC5A@microsoft...

How to draw a regression line on 7000+ dated data with Excel 2007
How to draw a regression line on 7000+ dated data using Excel 2007 Are your "dates" actual Excel dates or just text? With actual Excel dates, pre-2007 versions have no problem doing simple linear regression. To interpret the results though, you need to remember how Excel dates are stored: An Excel date is the number of days since 1900, so the numeric value of today's date is 39736, and the intercept of the regression will be the value of the relationship extrapolated to 30Dec1899 (since Excel mistakenly considers 1900 to be a leap year) "Gordon Lee" wrote: >...

upgrade path from Windows to Mac versions of Office
Is there an upgrade path from Windows to Mac versions of Office? I'm a licensed Word 10/XP user and am planning to switch from Windows to a MAC. Thanks, Kyle Kyle, There is no upgrade path from Windows to Macintosh versions of Office, nor from Macintosh to Windows. The most current version of Office for Macintosh is Office X. If you purchase Office X now, you will be entitled to Office 2004 for free when it is released later this year. This is called the "Technology Guarantee". You can find more information about it at the following web address: Technology Guarantee http://...

Using PERCENTILE with *specific* cells in a column
I am trying to use the PERCENTILE function with specific cells in a column. For example, lets say the column is: A 1 5 2 6 3 7 4 8 Using PERCENTILE on say A1:A3 is easy enough, but I want to do say A1 and A4. I can achieve this by defining a named range such that it would be equal to A1 and A4, but would rather not use named ranges, as the above is a very simplistic example of what I want to do -- using named ranges would require a substantial amount of effort to achieve my end goal. I also realize I could re-order the rows such that I swap A4 with A2, therefore could use perc...

Setting Out Of Office
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange I am having a problem setting out of office. I can connect to the Exchange Server (Exchange 2007 - I don't know what SP) and send/receive mail, access the GAL, view public folders, view free/busy information and other people's calendars, etc. However when I try to set Out of Office I get a message saying I cannot connect to the Exchange server. Any ideas where I can start to diagnose this problem. On 2010-04-17 03:31:46 -0400, Brendan_O_Rourke@officeformac.com said: > Exc...

Use the important patch that comes from the Microsoft
--evwrdebjxmg Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="gzajfkxd"; type="multipart/alternative" --gzajfkxd Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="ihjeuwundidfxm" --ihjeuwundidfxm Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to mainta...

emails being lost
Hi we run an SBS2003 server with exchange. We also have GFI Mail essentials One student is sending us an email with an attachments. I can see that GFI are receiving the email and processing it OK if I then look at Exchange Tools > Message Tracking Centre, I can see the email. there are 5 entries: SMTP: Message submitted to advanced queue SMTP: Started message submission to advanced queue SMTP: Message submitted to catagorizer SMTP: Message catagorized and queued for routing SMTP: Non-delivery report generated. Can some tell me what is happening please? This student can send messag...

Multiple Conditions Formula Help Needed
I currently have a formula that I have used to calculate commisio rates. We had a 2 rate plan. If sales were below a certail threshol then apply this rate and if above apply this rate. I used an IF/THE formula. We have recently switched to a 4 rate plan, and I am unsur how to create a formula to reflect this. Please advise.. thanks dav -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com One approach would be a table to use with VLOOKUP. In the formula, where you now have a rate, use VLOOKUP. On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 16:53:11 -0500, chiwavdg <<chiwavdg.19rkim@excelforum-nospam.com>...

Using workflow to "share" a record with a "team"
Hi everyone, We were working on a project where, for one example, when someone creates a lead depending on some conditions the lead needs a "share" added to it for a particular "team". Any ideas? I can only see a way to "assign" the lead to someone. Thanks, Todd ...

IIS authentication configuration/web client login issues
I have a fresh install of CRM 1.2 Suite Professional w/ 5 MSDN partner licenses. - Win2K Active Directory domain users can authenticate to the CRM web client only when IIS is configured for basic authentication. Unfortunately, with basic authentication, I can not view users within User Manager (User Manager: The server localhost is not responding. ... you know the rest of the message) nor can I publish customizations (CRMsrvr: ***Error*** Failed to download XSL template files from Web Server). - In order for me to view users within User Manager and publish customizations I must enabl...

Cannot get email users email to go to isp email. It goes to exchange server instead.
We are using SBS2003 with EXCH2003. We have branch offices. If I put the branch office in SBS2003 as a user and send an email to the user (i.e. user@user.com) it ends up on the server and never gets sent to the branch office user. I'm using the pop3 connector to connect to our mail provider to send and receive mail. I was wondering if there's a way to bypass the server and have the email go directly to the user at our providers server. The reason why I put the branch office user on the server so that we can have the user in our Global Access List when do a mass email. Please advise. ...

Word 2007 startup slow after installing Windows 7
Why only Word and not Excell and PowerPoint? Do you have a printer installed? -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "Poul Erik" <Poul Erik@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8832AE61-8707-439D-9761-D75C9AC6C1BC@microsoft.com... > Why only Word and not Excell and PowerPoint? ...

help #9
???? There... all better now? -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Having searched the archives, hygdd@eedd2.com <hygdd@eedd2.com> typed: | ???? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0078_01C35EC3.E4226980 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable with what exactly? I only see a questionmark? -- Please go to my website: The Site Resource Vote For The Site Resource! <hygdd@eedd2.com> wrote in message = news:a34bjvk9fvkgdb...

importing excel files into outlook 2007
I did an import and it worked perfectly. I tried to ddo a second, and am receiving a message that - an error occuredwhile importing or exporting and the import/export was terminated. MAPI error 0x80070057 was reported. please try again. I have rebuild the file, changes names and still receive the same message. I looked on ms faq but can't find how to fix the problem. Can anyone help. Thanks Dick Take a look at both of these sights... http://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/thread-854669.php http://support.microsoft.com/kb/329295/EN-US/ Anvil22 wrote: >I did...

Help with linking information from one sheet to another
I'm trying to setup an excel workbook like this: First sheet is a master list with peoples names in the first row and and their stats in 5-6 cataogries along with a final point total in the colums to the left of each name. Then I want to use a second sheet so that when I type in the first couple of letters in a persons name it will finish the name for me and automatically copy the players stats and total into the colums on the left. I know it's possible to do since I've seen it before I just have no clue how they did it and was hoping someone hear could help me. Thanks in advan...

Outlook 2007 Connection takes 2 minute
We have user (remote office where we have Instagate VPN Router so user is connected using VPN connection) on Dell Laptop Latitutde E6500 with Windows XP SP3 OS and MS office 2007 with latest update. When he opens his outlook 2007 it takes 2 mintues (sometime 3 minutes) to connect to Exchange Server while other users in his office have no problem they are connected in 30 seconds. I googled it but could not find right solution. Thanks, ...

Need help plz! Unable to Send/Recv emails in OE.
I'm sorry if this is a dumb question but I just set up my Outlook Express and I'm unable to Send/Recv emails which is strange because I already have an msn.com email account which works perfectly but I wish to make OE my default email and that doesn't work. Whenever I try to send an email or press the Send/Recv button I keep getting these two error messages: 1: "The service is currently unavailable. Try again later. Account: 'MSN Mail Server', Server: 'http://services.msn.com/svcs/hotmail/httpmail.asp', Protocol: HTTPMail, Server Response: 'Service Unavail...

How can you tell "To" address used for spam?
I have a few exchange email addresses on my account. Spam level is to the point that I want to delete the affected account. How can I tell which address is being used? Nick You mean you have multiple addresses for the same mailbox? The easiest way to pin-point the address would be the create multiple mailboxes for these addresses. Emails will get sorted for you automatically. -- Alexander Zammit WinDeveloper Software IMF Tune - Unleash the Full Intelligent Message Filter Power http://www.windeveloper.com/imftune/ "Nick" <nickmirro@spamarrest.com> wrote in message...

Internet Explorer (Browser) Crashes when using CRM Menu Bar
Problem: A user clicks on a menu bar item within CRM and Internet Explorer crashes. The user is asked if they wish to send the error report to Microsoft and closes out the current IE window. (Obviously this is very annoying when attempting to click on "Tools" > "Advance Find..."). This behavior appears to happen on the client machines that have been tested. When trying to duplicate this issue, I have found that on the initial start-up of CRM the menu system works fine. However, after navigating around in CRM (e.g. moving from the initial start-up screen to W...

Publisher Template page??? help
Okay I'm working in Publisher 2003 with a document that somebody else created. Whenever I go to "Insert page... " (by right clicking on the pages tabs at the bottom) and everytime I do I get a "Newsletter Pages" window asking me what kind of Page I want to insert. I have the options of selecting story, order form calender, etc and each option comes up with a different layout for the page. I can tell they are custom because each page has information specific to this company. My question is how to I modify (edit) these pages? They seem to be templates but only fo...