Working with Footnotes

I am using Word 2003 to create an on line magazine.  I do not want the footer
to start on the first page - the cover - how to I stop this from happening?
I tried using "from this section forward" and it didn't work?  Thanks for
your help!
--
Gillian

maybe you can find a
solution here:

http://tinyurl.com/different-first-page

--

db·´¯`·...¸><)))º>
DatabaseBen, Retired Professional

"Gillian" <Gillian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F5C1C0A7-A556-4085-9CB2-D4A2E559D60D@microsoft.com...
> I am using Word 2003 to create an on line magazine.  I do not want the footer
> to start on the first page - the cover - how to I stop this from happening?
> I tried using "from this section forward" and it didn't work?  Thanks for
> your help!
> --
> Gillian

0
db

The Docmd in this IF/Then Statement will not work
I am using the below coding and can not figure out why the "Else" DoCmd will not work. Debug shows no errors yet if "NO" is clicked in the message box the DoCmd.Close fails to work. Any idea why? Function Another_Record() MSGBOX "Do you wish to do another LRU update?", vbYesNo, "LRU UPDATE" If vbYes Then DoCmd.GoToControl "Serial Number" Else DoCmd.Close acForm, "EDIT CDS LRU ASSET" End If End Function Curtis wrote: >I am using the below coding and can not figure out why the "...

Outlook stops working after loading outlook connector
After loading Outlook Connector to use Hotmail on Outlook 2003 my Outlook has stopped working with my exisitng mail service. I cannot use the "email accounts" item, it says the operation failed due to an installation or registry problem. Also it will not respond when I select send & receive. I have tried reinstalling outlook, also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the whole office package (2003) with no success. So currently I have no way to use Outlook at all. Does anyone know what may be causing this? What exactly is the entire error message? That message is lik...

campaign does not work as expected...
TRying to use the marketing module we are testing the CAMPAIGNS in CRM 3.0 The CAMPAIGN ACTIVITIES (Fax and email) are created in the CAMPAIGN. When the Activities are DISTRIBUTED they most be created in each one of the related records (Accounts in this case) as ACTIVITIES. The emails and faxes are not created, are not visible in Accounts, not visible in the CAMPAIGN ACTIVITIE's "CREATED FAX or CREATED EMAILS section, not visible in Campaign's activities "FAILURES". - The application event log of the CRM server records a 16640 event each time the activity is (NOT) d...

Request for "working remotely" status
Currently time can be marked as free, tentative, busy or out of office. I frequently see the need for a "working remotely" status. This would mean you're not at your desk but you are working. It would be great for people who travel frequently or work at home. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsr...

How do I get Pub 98 app to work with Office Student & teacher
I Have Publisher 98 installed on my Computer & use it quite frequently, with excellent results. I also had Office 1997 installed.A neighbour recently purchased Office 2003, & as it had improvements over my Office 97 I decided to purchase Office 2003 Student & Teacher Edition,thinking it would interact with the already installed Publisher Application.I have found that is'nt so, & I have difficulty in using files made in Pub 98,within the Office 2003 Program. Can I purchase a Publisher download to suit my Office S & T Edition Program Publisher 98 will co-exist w...

working offline on client outlook
Hi, I wrote a program for the mscrm. Its run fine on the web but I want to run it on the client outlook in offline mode. I don't know how to use the srf files since the mscrmservices directory not exists. I find those files in bin\service folder but how can I get there? Writing http://localhost:2525/service/... is not working. Is it possible? What should I do to make it happen? Thank you for your help, Nurit Hello This question has been asked many times and the answer in real terms is that it cannot be done. Microsoft have given the ability to view customizations when the outlook ...

Form_Date does not work
I have a form on which I created unbound txt boxes. I have tried using two unbound txt boxes, putting startdate in one and enddate in the other; then tried txtstart; txtend; Then from a post, which I can not find back, I entered the following two expressions, each one in an unbound txt box =" From " & [Start_Date] & " To " & [End_Date] and the other =" From " & Format([StartDate],"Medium Date") & " To " & Format([EndDate],"Medium Date") Then, since I always phrase my query parameter to Between [Enter...

Rules not Working #4
Every time I add something to the my Rules (to get rid of spam), it does nothing. To test it, I make the message status as "Un-Read" then run the rules on the inbox. It never works. I'm wondering, when you add more and more rules... how to get them to "OR" together instead of "AND". The Rules should apply if any of the circumstances occur not if ALL circumstances occur. Can someone clear this up. If I understand your issue correctly, when an e-mail fits the requirements of a rule and that rule is used you don't want the next rule that also applie...

Microsoft Works #3
My mother in law uses microsoft works and I have Excel (2000). Is there a way I can open the Works files in my excel program? -- Thanks for the help! She should be able to save her files (file > save as) in a format excel can read like *.xlr, *.csv or *txt It has to be done on her side first Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Angi" wrote: > My mother in law uses microsoft works and I have Excel (2000). Is there a > way I can open the Works files in my excel program? > -- > Thanks for the help! ...

Macros Stop Working
Anyone have any idea why all of a sudden macros would stop working in the middle of a slide show presentation. Using PP2007. The macros start out fine but halfway through the slide show they just quit working and the user needs to use the esc to exit. Otherwise it just sits there. -- Wi11y13 On 12/8/09 10:13 AM, in article DA1F08C0-1BDB-41EA-A0C0-AC184F73E38C@microsoft.com, "Wi11y13" <Wi11y13@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Anyone have any idea why all of a sudden macros would stop working in the > middle of a slide show presentation. Using PP2007. Th...

I can not get outlook connector to work.
I just installed outlook 2007 on my system (first time ever using outlook at home) I downloaded outlook connector. I followed the install insctructions for connector but when I restart outlook the connector screen or the connector mune does not show up. How do I resolve this issue? ...

Autoarchive not working #3
I am using OL2003 SP2 on WinXP Pro/SP2 on my office desktop. I have set multiple folders for autoarchive and I had autoarchive working correctly for months. But then it has just stopped working. The tech support staff at work came back saying autoarchive stops working if the mailbox size increases beyond a certain size. I cleaned up the mailbox and found that manual archiving works. But archiving using autoarchive settings does not work. I also read about the modified date issue in OL. But all my modified dates and received dates are the same and old enough for the mails to be archived. So n...

Schema element default attribute does not work?
I have tried to set a default value in my schema element definition, but it does not seem to work. That is, when I try to "getElementsByTagName()" against a tag that was not specified in the xml, but _was_ defined in the xsd, I get an empty return. I expected to get an element that matches the default value. I am using VBScript and MSXML6.0. This is what my xsd looks like: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1" ?> <xs:schema xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"> <!-- definition of simple elements --> <xs:element name...

Search a word in a work book
Hi, In excel I am able to use the find option to search a word in the current sheet. How do search the same word through out the workbook with multiple sheets. Thanks, Gomathi Select the first sheet tab you want to search, hold down shift and select the last sheet tab, then do the search, once you are done right click any tab and select ungroup sheets -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Gomathi Sankar" <gomathi.sankar@wipro.com> wrote in message news:0a7401c39e1e$3ed0baa0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > In excel I am able to use the find option to search a word > in the cur...

Sending via SSL is not working with Outlook 2003
Hy, I'm working with two systems and two Outlook-Versions. System one with Outlook XP, System 2 with Outlook 2003. Both systems use *identical* account informations. Both are able to retrieve mails via SSL form the mailserver. Only Outlook XP is able to send mails through SMTP via SSL. Outlook 2003 fails with error 0x800ccc7d. (I know, this error means, that Outlook thinks the mailserver is not able to use SSL.) The mailserver has a selfsigned certificate. I guess, this causes the bug. (Maybe the popup window hangs?) Is there a fix available? Benjamin Outlook 2003 does not sh...

CSocket, CSocketFile, CArchive... Does it really work?
I've been experimenting with the setup of Windows Sockets using the aforementioned classes. The way Microsoft describes setting up is listed here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vccore/html/_core_Windows_Sockets.3a_.Sequence_of_Operations.asp I have setup my program the way Microsoft describes and I can send data, and it is received in the CSocket buffer for the receive socket; however when I try to extract the Data through the CArchive object (which is attached to the CSocketFile which is attached to the CSocket) using the overloaded >> op...

Chase Direct Access Not Working
My understanding from these newsgroups is that direct banking services should still work after the Microsoft subscription end. I have Chase "Direct Access." I have removed the LiveID from my Money Plus file. When I attempt to set up services for Chase Direct Access, at the "downloading information about your financial institution" stage, I get the message: "Online updates are no longer available for this version of Money. To extend your online services go to Online Services Information and click Extend Services, or you can update this account by entering the ...

How do I create a watermark on an excel work sheet?
How can I create a watermark on a n excel work sheet and also change the background color? Thank you, Sue See your other thread -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "sue" <sue@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:387D92C2-8F29-4346-AFC9-2F52073C42ED@microsoft.com... > How can I create a watermark on a n excel work sheet and also change the > background color? > Thank you, > Sue ...

[Oleg, any idea ?] custom XmlResolver does not work as expected
Hello, I have a class derived from XmlUrlResolver that is supposed to handle URI schemes beginning with "xml", eg. "xml://test/me". This is exactly like the example given by Oleg here : http://groups.google.co.nz/groups?selm=%23ZeWI013CHA.2400%40TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl That is : class DBResolver : XmlUrlResolver { public object GetEntity(Uri absoluteUri, string role, Type ofObjectToReturn) { Console.WriteLine("We are here, resolving " + absoluteUri); if (absoluteUri.Scheme=="xml") return new FileStream(@"d:\test\foo.xml", Fi...

Outlook 2007 Rule dose not work on aditional pst
Hi, I have a rule in outloo2007 that sends all new email form a given account to a secondary personal folder (PST). when a new email comes in I get a "cannot move to the XXXXXX folder" I created a new pst, same thing.! Any ideas? ...

install certificate -- not working?
I installed my co-workers certificate (using Tools>Options>Security>Digital Signatures, double-clicked her certificate and selected Install Certificate... got the message saying "sucessful import" and clicked OK).... in a new file, when I go to add her signature, when I click Add, I only see mine, not hers as well... what am I doing wrong? ...

Need a Key Finder that actually works
Hi All, I have been testing a utility called Key Finder. It is suppose to translate license numbers ( 1234-oem-567 ...) back to key numbers (YHK6S-I2889-...). Only one problem: it always gets them wrong. Any one know of a utility like this, only that gets the key numbers correct? Many thanks, -T On Fri, 02 Apr 2010 21:33:41 -0700, ToddAndMargo <ToddAndMargo@invalid.com> wrote: >Hi All, > >I have been testing a utility called Key Finder. It >is suppose to translate license numbers ( 1234-oem-567 ...) >back to key numbers (YHK6S-I2889-...). Only o...

SFO Working Offline
We are just testing our first installation of CRM, but whan I select the Go Offline option I get a "Metadata Cache Error". I have checked that the MSDE is running. Any idea what could be wrong ? Thanks Ian ...

how do I exit working offline I use outlook
mike <mike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: <nothing> Ask in the body of the message, not the subject. Click File and uncheck Work Offline. -- Brian Tillman ...

Conditional Formatting Not Working Consistently
One of our Excel users is applying conditional formatting on cells within a worksheet that are linked to other worksheets in the same file and he is getting inconsistent results i.e., sometimes it applies the formatting and other times it won't. He seems to have the problem primarily when he selects a range within a column and then applies the conditional formatting. The conditional formatting statement applied to cell C5 is: Formula is =$B$5-$C$5=0 then format as red and bold. He is concerned about the ability to rely on this feature working properly. Since he is our Accounting Man...