Windows6.1-KB917607 Help file 86.msu or 64.msu?

I have upgraded to Windows 7 and am trying to download WinHlp32.exe for
Office from the MS web site. I've validated and jumped through the hoops, but
as is so often the case Microsoft has left me hanging. See, there is no link
to download WinHlp32.exe as such, only to a choice of two:
Windows6.1-KB917607 - 64.msu or Windows6.1-KB917607 - 86.msu. It says to
download the version most suitable, but doesn't tell you how to tell. It
tells you how to identify whether you have a 32bit or 64bit version of W7,
which I know anyway, but how does that relate to a 64.msu/86.msu choice?

I'm left not having a clue which one to download.

64 is 64bit
86 is 32bit

....Alan
http://dts-l.com/index.htm

On Wed, 10 Mar 2010 21:57:01 -0800, in microsoft.public.office.misc,
Kevryl <Kevryl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I have upgraded to Windows 7 and am trying to download WinHlp32.exe for
>Office from the MS web site. I've validated and jumped through the hoops, but
>as is so often the case Microsoft has left me hanging. See, there is no link
>to download WinHlp32.exe as such, only to a choice of two:
>Windows6.1-KB917607 - 64.msu or Windows6.1-KB917607 - 86.msu. It says to
>download the version most suitable, but doesn't tell you how to tell. It
>tells you how to identify whether you have a 32bit or 64bit version of W7,
>which I know anyway, but how does that relate to a 64.msu/86.msu choice?
>
>I'm left not having a clue which one to download.
0
Alan
3/11/2010 6:36:49 AM
Thanks Alan. I thought the 64 might have been 64 bit, but wasn't prepared to
take it for granted given the "86" seemingly having no releance to a
description of 32 bit.

Unfortunately, MS seems to have a culture of often expecting folk to
mind-read. Perhaps it exists between their programmers too and thats why
Vista was a ..., er less than ideal :-).

"Alan Edwards" wrote:

> 64 is 64bit
> 86 is 32bit
>
> ....Alan
> --
> Alan Edwards, MS MVP Windows - Internet Explorer
> http://dts-l.com/index.htm
>

> On Wed, 10 Mar 2010 21:57:01 -0800, in microsoft.public.office.misc,
> Kevryl <Kevryl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >I have upgraded to Windows 7 and am trying to download WinHlp32.exe for
> >Office from the MS web site. I've validated and jumped through the hoops, but
> >as is so often the case Microsoft has left me hanging. See, there is no link
> >to download WinHlp32.exe as such, only to a choice of two:
> >Windows6.1-KB917607 - 64.msu or Windows6.1-KB917607 - 86.msu. It says to
> >download the version most suitable, but doesn't tell you how to tell. It
> >tells you how to identify whether you have a 32bit or 64bit version of W7,
> >which I know anyway, but how does that relate to a 64.msu/86.msu choice?
> >
> >I'm left not having a clue which one to download.
> .

Alan, for yours and others information, I have downloaded the file and
installed, but for some reason (discussed by MS only in technical jargon) MS
have disabled the majority of the Help functions, so that only the "Contents"
function is operative. The Index and the Answer Wizard are inoperative. If
you use the "Office Assistant" its links sometimes work, sometimes don't.

"Alan Edwards" wrote:

> 64 is 64bit
> 86 is 32bit
>
> ....Alan
> --
> Alan Edwards, MS MVP Windows - Internet Explorer
> http://dts-l.com/index.htm
>

> On Wed, 10 Mar 2010 21:57:01 -0800, in microsoft.public.office.misc,
> Kevryl <Kevryl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >I have upgraded to Windows 7 and am trying to download WinHlp32.exe for
> >Office from the MS web site. I've validated and jumped through the hoops, but
> >as is so often the case Microsoft has left me hanging. See, there is no link
> >to download WinHlp32.exe as such, only to a choice of two:
> >Windows6.1-KB917607 - 64.msu or Windows6.1-KB917607 - 86.msu. It says to
> >download the version most suitable, but doesn't tell you how to tell. It
> >tells you how to identify whether you have a 32bit or 64bit version of W7,
> >which I know anyway, but how does that relate to a 64.msu/86.msu choice?
> >
> >I'm left not having a clue which one to download.
> .

Importing a Lotus file with a *.123 extension
My company uses Excel 97 and 2000 and we've received a Lotus file with a *.123 extension. Excel will not allow me to open it as it does not have the *.wk? format. I searched the web and while I found numerous people with the same problem I found no one who had the conversion answer. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Find someone with Lotus ver 9 or higher. Have them open the file, and save it as *.wk4 If you dont have Lotus available and want you can send it to me and I will do it for you Thanks "jim" <jimsto@gorbel.com> wrote in message news:088d01c35...

DAO is less relevent than Wnidows 3.1
why do you diptards still use DAO again? why would you want to have 2 different DIALECTS of SQL? Anyone using MDB or DAO should be fired and then spit upon " S u s i e D B A [ M S FT ] " <s u s i e d b a @h o t m a i l.com> wrote: >why do you diptards still use DAO again? > >why would you want to have 2 different DIALECTS of SQL? > >Anyone using MDB or DAO should be fired and then spit upon Note that this person is really A a r o n K e m p f and that he is not an employee of Microsoft. Tony -- Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP Please respond onl...

Navigation Bars
I put Navigation bars on my publisher website document. When I try to publish to a file or to the web, the Navigation Bars do not appear on the page(s). How do I resolve this?? Answer found in the web group. DavidF "Tom Snyder" <Tom Snyder@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7A55B689-FE9D-4E1E-9B6C-3ED571156D46@microsoft.com... >I put Navigation bars on my publisher website document. When I try to >publish > to a file or to the web, the Navigation Bars do not appear on the page(s). > How do I resolve this?? Tony, did you get an answer to this...

PNG files not displayed
Help! I have a problem where PNG files I insert into Publisher aren't correctly displayed. The image place-holder is visible, but no image. Other graphics file-types are fine, but not PNG's. Another user with identical hardware and software can view the same PNG's without problems. I've tried resintalling Office and service packs with no success. However, when printing the publication, the PNG graphics are produced with no problems. I'm running Office 2003 sp 1. Thanks in advance! Casey. Casey <Casey@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utte...

Problem to open excel file
Hi to all, I have a problem with all excel file. The user can't open all excel file when she did a double click on it. She has this error message : "cannot find the file 'c:\documents and settings\desktop\......test.xls' (or one of its components). Make sure the path and filename are correct. And that all required libraries are available" Do you know what can I do to solve the issue?? regards Malcolm Your Excel file association may be lost. Start>Run "excel.exe /regserver"(no quotes and note the space before the / mark). You may have to en...

Excel is creating temp files Help!!!
Hi i have to files in excel, i cant figure it out, whenever i open th files, they create temp files into the same location, when i shut dow the program the temp files are left there. Is their a way to make it so temp files are not saved. Or is their a way to make it so that the creation of temp files i turned off. Thanks jaso -- greenfalco ----------------------------------------------------------------------- greenfalcon's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1362 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26182 What do th...

Formula Help (to many expresions)
Could one of you give me a hand with this... I'm trying to put a formula in a spreadsheet that has too many expressions in it. I understand there is a limit to the number of equations that can be in a formula but there must be a way around the cap. Or maybe another way to write the formula? What I am trying to say in the formula is that if... If X is less than 09 then B1 = what's in cell C2 If X is less than 25 then B1 = what's in cell C3 If X is less than 51 then B1 = what's in cell C4 The expression I have written looks like this... =IF(X<10,"N/A",IF(X<...

How Do I Copy My Outlook Files To My New Computer?
I exported my Outlook files from my old computer and burned them to a CD. During the export process, it asked me three times for a password. When I tried to import these files to my new computer I got "File access is denied. You do not have the permission required to access the file." Can anyone help? Apart from the fact that Import/Export options often lead to corruption - you should use a simple pst copy - The pst needs to be on the hd and the read only flag off, before In OL attempting to open it. NB not import <aprice6@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1145746658.84...

mscvr71.dll help
How do I make my VS.net 2003 software not depend on msvcr71.dll? Thanks. Use static linking. I don't know where to set the option in VS7, but it used to be under Code Generation where you selected the desired C runtime library to use. In VS6 we had a choice between a dynamically-linked runtime and a statically-linked runtime. I've not had to make this choice under VS7 so I'm not sure where, in their overly-clever and completely gratuitous reimplementation of the user interface, this has been hidden. joe On Sat, 21 Feb 2004 22:24:56 GMT, anonymous@coolgroups.com wrote: &g...

Help with ShowFilter Macro
I'm trying to use this ShowFilter UDF written by Tom Ogilvy (see bottom of post). It says to use... =showfilter(B2)&CHAR(SUBTOTAL(9,B3)*0+32) ....in a cell to show the criteria for Column B. For one thing, I don't understand the cells B2 and B3 business. What is supposed to be in those cells? I would like this function to appear in the cell directly above or below the Autofilter menu cell. How do I change the function if the Autofilter criteria menu is in, cell A3, for example, and I want the criteria (this function) to appear just above, in cell A2? After trying all so...

Using XP Briefcase with money file

Help with automating file name
I have the following code that exports the below query to excell. I would like the files name to include the month and date. How would I format this? DoCmd.OutputTo acOutputQuery, "qryShopOrderSqFtShippedSummaryExport",_ acFormatXLS, "W:\Cokato\Production\ProdRoomRpt.xls" -- Matt Campbell mattc (at) saunatec [dot] com Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-queries/200708/1 Hi, Matt. > I would > like the files name to include the month and date. Uh, . . . the date _always_ includes the month, unless you're r...

Please help with last formula for order form.
I am able to accomplish this with 1 column by the formulas below. Cell H160 is the subtotal: =IF(SUM(H72:H111)>0,SUM(H72:H111),"") Cell H166 the total: =IF(SUM(H160)>0,SUM((H160*H163)+H160),"") Cell H163 is for Tax. I am almost finished creating an order form. I would like to get the SUM of 3 different columns that are separated. I am not able auto fill strait down the column, because the information is separated in groups with titles, and the cells are not identically sized. I tried varations of this formula: =IF(SUM(H72:H111)+(116:131)+(135:154)>0,SUM ((H72:H...

outlook adreddbook file
I want to export the addressbook flie into database to be uses in a quiry. is it possible and how do i do it? Outlook has no separate "address book file." Contact data is stored in your Contacts Folder Use the Export Wizard to export it to the format that best suits your needs. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Helpneeded" <derontayp@aol.com> wrote in message news:261e01c3af79$7d94e740$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I want to export the addressbook flie into database to be > uses in a quiry. is it possible and how do i do it? ...

Contact file not visible when importing or exporting contacts
I'm tidying up all my contacts files for email and also for my mobile ph using outlook. Have done this many times without any problems and am familiar with import export process. I exported all the contacts to an excel file to work on as it's much easier than through outlook. Had a hiccup at first as when I got to the select a contact file to export there was just a blank space. I exited outlook and went back in and it was all OK. Now I've finished the excel spreadhsheet and want to reimport it but it's the same problem in reverse. I can't "see" a co...

Force command to run for each computer in txt file list of compute
I have a few hundred computers that haven't been defragged in years. I was wondering if rather than doing it manually, if someone had a script where if i just put all the computer names in a txt file, it would iterate through the list and perform a "defrag c: -f" on them all from my workstation. The workstations all have the same local administrator password, so the process would be the same for each. I just dont know how to write scripts. I know if i were going to do this manually from my computer I would run the command below for each ComputerName psexec ...

How to remove the /dde from Windows Explorer File Open on Install
I have an MDI app that I would like to open a file on a double click in Windows Explorer. Unfortunately the Explorer File Type (Tools>Folder Options... File Types tab) is set so that the command invokes dde. Ie. The "open" option under the "Advanced" button is C:\Path...\App.exe /dde and the DDE message is [open("%1")]. This never seems to work as my app never sees the dde message and the initialization of m_pCmdInfo via: m_pCmdInfo = (CCommandLineInfo*)(UINT_PTR)m_nCmdShow; sets the pointer to one and the app fails on exit. This is referred as a kn...

SmartList Restrictions help
I built a SmartList that is based on the Year-to-Date Transaction Open file, and has the Account Master linked to it. I want to restrict it to accounts that begin with 36, 38, or 2504. I tried adding a restriction that says "Account Number:Account_Segment_Pool1 begins with 36 OR 38 OR 2504", but I got no results when I did it that way. I also set up 3 separate restrictions, but that didn't work either. Is this possible? I can't find much information about how to write restrictions in SL Builder. ...

Conditional formatting help #4
My problem is that, that i want to ignore blank i mean i had set a conditional formatting say A B C D 24.9 25.9 25 25.8 22.6 23.4 22.5 23.3 If value in ColA is less than value in ColC, cell A1 is shaded blue OR if value in ColB is greater than value in ColD, cell B1 shaded blue. I have done above formatting but my problem is that if i dont enter anything in colC then also colA is shaded in blue similarly if i dont enter any value in colD then also col B is shaded.I mean i want to ignore the blank.I need , if col C is blank then the Col A must be normal .& if col D is blank & i ent...

uploading 2 or more mailboxes on 1 user account
I was able to reconnect 1 mailbox to 1 user account, but what i' looking is the way wherein i can reconnect 2 or more mailboxes into user account because instead of giving a 1:1 user account to eac person we will be replacing it and giving them an account per area Hence they already have their own personal account we will b deleting it; How can i put all their messages from their persona account into the single account that we wil be giving to them Hi, More than one mailbox per account is not possible in Exchange 200x. You can do that with Exchange 5.x Regards, -- Menko den Ouden ...

help plz
my account has been inactive how to i reacctivate it? What account and what does this have to do with Outlook? "heather" <tracyliepke@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:066001c36c53$bb68d180$a501280a@phx.gbl... > my account has been inactive how to i reacctivate it? ...

Help with queries
Hi Guys, This is the first time after school that I am trying to use ms access at work and i need ur help in creating a query. Any help will be highly appreciated!! Here is what I need... I have relatively small ms acces database with about 1000 I have 3 colums date ipaddress sitename 12/09 34.3.3.3 A 12/09 34.3.3.3 A 12/09 34.3.3.3 A 12/09 33.4.4.4 B 12/09 33.4.4.55 C What i need is if an ipadress is recorded more t...