Why must I agree to a EULA each time I open MS Word?

Every time I open an Office 2003 program, I am presented with a EULA to agree
to first!  I have activated the  MS Office programs on my new computer and am
told the activation has been completed!
--
ah

"ah" <ah@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Every time I open an Office 2003 program, I am presented with a EULA to
> agree
> to first!  I have activated the  MS Office programs on my new computer and
> am
> told the activation has been completed!

Version of Windows?

0
Gordon
1/12/2010 7:42:36 AM

See: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/884202
--
G�rard
"G�rard Oomens" <gj.news@inter.nl.net> wrote in message
> On Mon, 11 Jan 2010 21:59:01 -0800, ah <ah@discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote:
>
>>Every time I open an Office 2003 program, I am presented with a EULA to
>>agree
>>to first!  I have activated the  MS Office programs on my new computer and
>>am
>>told the activation has been completed!
>
> See: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/884202

Windows 7 is different - that's why I asked the Windows version. In 7 boot
up into safe mode then open office, accept the EULA, close down and re-boot.

0
Gordon
1/12/2010 8:35:28 AM
On Tue, 12 Jan 2010 08:35:28 -0000, "Gordon" <gordonbparker@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>"G�rard Oomens" <gj.news@inter.nl.net> wrote in message
>> On Mon, 11 Jan 2010 21:59:01 -0800, ah <ah@discussions.microsoft.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>>Every time I open an Office 2003 program, I am presented with a EULA to
>>>agree
>>>to first!  I have activated the  MS Office programs on my new computer and
>>>am
>>>told the activation has been completed!
>>
>> See: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/884202
>
>Windows 7 is different - that's why I asked the Windows version. In 7 boot
>up into safe mode then open office, accept the EULA, close down and re-boot.

I didn't know that. Thank you.
--
G�rard

MS RMS Store Operations Study Guide?
Does any one have this? I would like to get certified but I don't have the $298 to buy it. http://www.microsoft.com/businesssolutions/retailmanagementsystem/using/rms_elearning.mspx Thanks, Jho After purchasing RMS in January I was told that the User's Guide (which could bethe basis of study) was no longer available in printed form. After finally gaining access to CustomerSource, I found it available for download (all 536 pages of it). Yesterday, my RMS tech told me that it is again being shipped with new purchases of RMS. You do have to be a support customer to access the s...

Time Series
I have about 30000 lines of data that looks like so: Time Count 93000 447 93001 1020 93002 1438 93003 2177 93004 3042 93005 3467 93006 2913 93007 3341 93008 3547 93009 2908 93010 3512 93011 4090 Where ColA is time. I am having trouble creating a graph with time on the x-axis and count on the y-axis. Thank you in advance. You need to make an XY chart But with 30,000 data points you could run into trouble; Help says you can 32,000 data points in a single data series. However, if you want markers it will look like heck. You could limit the data like this: assume y-values in B2:B30001 in ...

punblisher and word prcoessing software
can publisher be used as word processing sofware? Not very successfully, it's a desktop publishing program. If you don't have the $, download and install OpenOffice. OpenOffice Writer is an excellent word processor — very similar to MS Word. "shelagh" <shelagh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:834CE68F-4492-466A-91DC-694F807C578C@microsoft.com... > can publisher be used as word processing sofware? It *could* but it's not the best tool for that job. Specifically what do you want to do? -- JoAnn Paules Microsoft MVP - Publisher How to ask...

Outlook 2000 not opening.

Separating Date and Time in a cell

Run time error 5 : HQClient

Opening Multiple Web Links in a Column

Word 2004 and kyocera printer issue
Hi, I am running a fully patched MAC OSX.4 machine with Office 2004 fully patched. I have installed the latest Kyocera OS X English 10.2 drivers from the kyocera website, for KM7530 model. The driver installs a job accounting feature in the printing presets for that particular printer. The function will work fine for every program other than word, word will not allow you the option to enter a pin code. all the features seem to be greyed out. If i reinstall and go immediately to anotherr program such as Eudora or Firefox or even Excel I can enter and lock the pin number in and it will print...

Cannot Drag Open Desktop Screen
Hi: I have a friend running XP MCE (2005) SP3 and he cannot drag an open screen on his desktop by Left clicking and holding cursor on the top of screen. Any suggestions as to how to remedy this problem of not being able to drag a screen will be appreciated Thanks, ColTom2. On Sun, 14 Mar 2010 16:48:43 -0400, "ColTom2" <noemailaddress@nomail.com> wrote: >Hi: > > I have a friend running XP MCE (2005) SP3 and he cannot drag an open >screen on his desktop by Left clicking and holding cursor on the top of >screen. > > A...

calendar sometimes opens in month view
every once in a while (sorry that i can't be more precise), i find that clicking on calendar, under 'all folders' , causes it to open in month view. i can go back to inbox, and again click on calendar and get month view again. for most of a day. then it goes back to opening on current day. which it does most of the time. i don't remember if this happens after a reboot, standby, or just for no apparent reason. actually i prefer month view and wish i could make it open this way all the time. any ideas about what it happening here? ...

Opening Excel email attachments
When downloading excel files AOL says cannot find suitable program.I then go online to find Excel but only get Uopdates. PC is XP version with Works Suite 2002. A fe months back my dear wife was downloading Excel an got board with waiting and shut down the PC! Any suggestions. Thanks Karl Hi there's no legal way to download Excel!! You have to buy< an Excel version and install it on your PC (or try to open the file with MS Works - but live with the restricted functionality) >-----Original Message----- >When downloading excel files AOL says cannot find >suitable progra...

Time Format Question
Hello, I currently have time entered like this: 173517 90207 I need to look like this: 5:35 p.m. 9:02 a.m. I've done a ton of research but nothing has worked so far. Thank you. With your values in column AA, try: =TIME(LEFT(A1,LEN(A1)-4),LEFT(RIGHT(A1,4),2),RIGHT(A1,2)) -- Gary''s Student - gsnu201003 "Toria" wrote: > Hello, > I currently have time entered like this: > 173517 > 90207 > > I need to look like this: > 5:35 p.m. > 9:02 a.m. > > I've done a ton of research but nothing has worked so fa...

calendar for multiple time zone users: all day events
Users in different time zones post absences and meetings to a shared company calendar. When an all day event is scheduled in one time zone, it shows as spanning two days for other time zone users. How do we make this work properly? For the others it does intrude on a second day. BossLady wrote: > Users in different time zones post absences and meetings to a shared company > calendar. When an all day event is scheduled in one time zone, it shows as > spanning two days for other time zone users. How do we make this work > properly? Until you upgrade to Outlook...

MS CRM Security Service doesn't start
Hi to all, I have a problem with my CRM 1.2 some days ago I restart the Win2003 server where there is installed CRM, and now the "Microsoft CRM Security Service" doesn't start up!!! What can I do? I have not any event about that!!! Can I re-install the CRM server and restore my sql database? Thank a lot Bey Augusto. I would apply the Update Rollup 2 for Microsoft CRM 1.2 "IGBA75" wrote: > Hi to all, > > I have a problem with my CRM 1.2 some days ago I restart the Win2003 server > where there is installed CRM, and now the "Microsoft CRM Secur...

Times
I have an MP3 tag program that exports a list of my MP3's to excel which includes the time for each song. The cell format in the exported file is set to general but I need to have the time entered as [m]:ss so I can total a the time for a number of songs in a cell (with a [h]:mm:ss format) to get a total time which may be over 1 hour. The only way I can seem to do this is by changing the cell format from general to [m]:ss and placing a 0: in front of the time that has already been entered as 04:39, but with over 2000 songs this could take quite a while. Does anyone know if there is an easy...

problem opening up program/file