Who hates Office 2007? And why did you switch?

I switched and hate it.  The menus are all wrong.  Takes too long to
learn where everything is.  Don't see any speed improvements over
2003.

Why did I switch?  I guess because I felt it would be an improvement.

RL
0
RayLopez99
12/15/2009 3:51:23 PM
office.misc 2235 articles. 0 followers. Follow

11 Replies
732 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 58

And it took even LONGER with the old menu system.

RayLopez99 wrote:
> I switched and hate it.  The menus are all wrong.  Takes too long to
> learn where everything is.  Don't see any speed improvements over
> 2003.
> 
> Why did I switch?  I guess because I felt it would be an improvement.
> 
> RL

0
Bob
12/15/2009 6:15:01 PM
On Dec 15, 1:15=A0pm, Bob I <bire...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > Why did I switch? =A0I guess because I felt it would be an improvement.
>

> And it took even LONGER with the old menu system.

Work for Microsoft, Microsoft Bob?  Or tell us why it's faster now.

RL

0
RayLopez99
12/16/2009 4:23:48 PM

RayLopez99 wrote:

> On Dec 15, 1:15 pm, Bob I <bire...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> 
>>>Why did I switch?  I guess because I felt it would be an improvement.
>>
> 
>>And it took even LONGER with the old menu system.
> 
> 
> Work for Microsoft, Microsoft Bob?  Or tell us why it's faster now.
> 
> RL
>

Nope, here is a brief outline
http://kb.iu.edu/data/auqi.html

0
Bob
12/16/2009 4:52:25 PM
On Dec 16, 11:52=A0am, Bob I <bire...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Nope, here is a brief outlinehttp://kb.iu.edu/data/auqi.html

Too brief.  The only new features I saw was the ribbon and 'live
preview'.  Is that it?

RL
0
RayLopez99
12/17/2009 7:46:39 PM

RayLopez99 wrote:

> On Dec 16, 11:52 am, Bob I <bire...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> 
> 
>>Nope, here is a brief outlinehttp://kb.iu.edu/data/auqi.html
> 
> 
> Too brief.  The only new features I saw was the ribbon and 'live
> preview'.  Is that it?
> 

Is what it?

0
Bob
12/18/2009 1:19:14 PM
In article <O5r0yS#fKHA.6096@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl>, Bob I wrote:
> RayLopez99 wrote:
> 
> > On Dec 16, 11:52 am, Bob I <bire...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > 
> > 
> >>Nope, here is a brief outlinehttp://kb.iu.edu/data/auqi.html
> > 
> > 
> > Too brief.  The only new features I saw was the ribbon and 'live
> > preview'.  Is that it?
> > 
> 
> Is what it?

That.

0
Steve
12/18/2009 3:51:54 PM
On Dec 18, 10:51=A0am, Steve Rindsberg <ab...@localhost.com> wrote:

> > Is what it?
>
> That.

Yeah Outlook 2007 has been a huge disappointment.  But the only
consolation is that as a Microsoft shareholder I guess I added more
money to the coffers of my favorite stock.

RL
0
RayLopez99
12/19/2009 11:01:32 PM
RL, I completely agree with your opinion. However, I used the trial version 
for 2-3 weeks and reverted to Office 2003. I use Excel heavily. The trial 
version of Excel 2007 kept crashing at random and with no provocation at all.

Secondly, the speed matters to me. Eg. to remove a row in Excel, I can press 
Alt+E,D,R much faster than any mouse intensive UI. To do what I need to do, 
the Ribbon didn't make things any faster and/or easier. Ergo, the ROI in 
learning the Ribbon UI was zero.

Of course, MS didn't include an option to revert to the classic UI either. 
Then again, had they done so, they wouldn't be able to make any tall claims 
about the "success" of the Ribbon. As it is, there are plenty of "captive" 
users who don't have a choice and are forced to contend with the Ribbon 
monster on a daily basis.

Hopefully, Office 2010 makes the Ribbon more usable/palatable. IMHO, Office 
2007 Ribbon catered mainly to newbies or light users. IMHO, MS claims of 
productivity improvement, etc. because of the Office 2007 Ribbon UI are pure 
hogwash.

-- Gemini

"RayLopez99" wrote:

> I switched and hate it.  The menus are all wrong.  Takes too long to
> learn where everything is.  Don't see any speed improvements over
> 2003.
> 
> Why did I switch?  I guess because I felt it would be an improvement.
> 
> RL
> .
> 
0
Utf
1/2/2010 6:06:01 AM
"Gemini" <Gemini@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:D1216415-7B30-4984-8E54-B80AD615547A@microsoft.com...
> Secondly, the speed matters to me. Eg. to remove a row in Excel, I can 
> press
> Alt+E,D,R much faster than any mouse intensive UI.

How is that faster than select-right-click-delete? 

0
Gordon
1/2/2010 10:47:49 AM
On Jan 2, 1:06=A0am, Gemini <Gem...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> RL, I completely agree with your opinion. However, I used the trial versi=
on
> for 2-3 weeks and reverted to Office 2003. I use Excel heavily. The trial
> version of Excel 2007 kept crashing at random and with no provocation at =
all.
>
> Secondly, the speed matters to me. Eg. to remove a row in Excel, I can pr=
ess
> Alt+E,D,R much faster than any mouse intensive UI. To do what I need to d=
o,
> the Ribbon didn't make things any faster and/or easier. Ergo, the ROI in
> learning the Ribbon UI was zero.
>
> Of course, MS didn't include an option to revert to the classic UI either=
..
> Then again, had they done so, they wouldn't be able to make any tall clai=
ms
> about the "success" of the Ribbon. As it is, there are plenty of "captive=
"
> users who don't have a choice and are forced to contend with the Ribbon
> monster on a daily basis.
>
> Hopefully, Office 2010 makes the Ribbon more usable/palatable. IMHO, Offi=
ce
> 2007 Ribbon catered mainly to newbies or light users. IMHO, MS claims of
> productivity improvement, etc. because of the Office 2007 Ribbon UI are p=
ure
> hogwash.
>
> -- Gemini

Yes, agreed.  I was shocked to find that keyboard shortcuts no longer
work in Office 2007.  It's amazing since keyboard shortcuts for touch
typists is always faster than taking your hands off the keyboard to
use the mouse.  Right click only?  For a power user that's too slow.

I think (hopefully, as a MSFT shareholder) that Excel 2007 is to the
previous version as Vista was to XP, and when Office 2010 comes out,
it will be like "7" is to Vista--a radical improvement.

RL

0
RayLopez99
1/2/2010 1:53:17 PM

Gemini wrote:

> Secondly, the speed matters to me. Eg. to remove a row in Excel, I can press 
> Alt+E,D,R much faster than any mouse intensive UI. To do what I need to do, 
> the Ribbon didn't make things any faster and/or easier. Ergo, the ROI in 
> learning the Ribbon UI was zero.

And Alt+E,D,R works in 2007 too, so your point is?

0
Bob
1/4/2010 4:17:51 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces: