Where are my own templates stored?

Could someone explain how I can get my own templates to show up in the list
on my Microsoft Works Launcher?  I have MS Works and Office, in the task
launcher it has a tab to show templates, how can I get it to show my template
for Sales Order?  It would save me so much time rather than having to open up
a new word document then using the open folder to load my template.  I'm sure
it's obvious, but I can't figure it out.  :)

Thank you in advance for any suggestions or help given.
Linda

If you have an unknown version of Office, why do you still have Works
installed? Works and Office are completely different programs, though your
version of Works may feature a version of Word

"Linda" <Linda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Could someone explain how I can get my own templates to show up in the
> list
> on my Microsoft Works Launcher?  I have MS Works and Office, in the task
> launcher it has a tab to show templates, how can I get it to show my
> template
> for Sales Order?  It would save me so much time rather than having to open
> up
> a new word document then using the open folder to load my template.  I'm
> sure
> it's obvious, but I can't figure it out.  :)
>
> Thank you in advance for any suggestions or help given.
> Linda

0
DL

Need template (possibly Excel) for estimating a software project
Hello, I need a template / tool (possibly excel) to estimate a software project. Any one know of anything? Cheers Paul M No such thing! If you think the project will take 6 months schedule 1 year. If you think it will take 1 year schedule 2. If you think it will take 2 years it will probably never finish!! Seriously you have to start from the business deliverables. I recommend getting all key stakeholders into the same room and brainstorm what all their wins and losses will be. The wins are business deliverables, the losses business risks. Choose 20% of the features adjusti...

CRM 4 run time error 5941 using labels template
I am trying to do a mail merge of several hundred labels. We have our own template. If we select the letters option for the merge it works but doesn't provide us with multiple labels across one line. If we select the labels option in CRM, when we go to build the list the get the 5941 error with the additional comment "The requested member of the collection does not exist." Any suggestions? -- Petej-Boston ...

CList and template
Hi guys, I made a template that will works on a CList type, but it doesn't work. template <class T> class CIntFile { // ... void Write(T list); }; template <class T> void CIntFile<T>::Write(T list) { //// list.GetAt(0); list.Next(); //// } ///////////////////////////// in another file: CList<CIntMyClass> listMyClass; /// fill it listMyClass.Add(NewData); /// CIntFile<CIntMyClass> intFile; intFile.Write(listMyClass); -------------- Why? Tnx Define "doesn't work". Doesn't compile? Doesn't execute properly? If...

How do change the amortization of loan template to accommodate pa.
I need an amortization table that can compute on partial years. For example, my immediate need is to amortize $437,410 at 10% over 8.52 years. The current template only allows for years stated in whole numbers from 1 - 30. What are the individual periods of compounding interest? Days/Months/Years/Decades/Biweekly/Semimonthly/??? Once you know that, you can figure out the number of periods in 8.52 years. With that information you can 1) extend your table past the 30 lines you currently have to include the number of periods, 2) use the PMT function to get periodic payments and you'...

Office 2007 Templates & Themes
Is there anyway the content for Office 2007 at the MS Office web site could be made available to Office:Mac users. Currently need to have OGA validation via ActiveX control or from Office for Windows programs. Surely Mac users could be given access! Dave We have asked that question. We don't have an answer yet (at least, it wasn't "No", that would have been quick!). They are trying to work out how to let us in without letting in all the people using the competitor products. I think they will set up a mirror on the MacTopia site that will allow us to reach the ones tha...

Overly large public folder information store
I have an exchange 2000 server (SP3, all patches applied, only one server in the organization) that seems to have a serious problem in regards to the size of the public folder store. The total size of all public folders on the server (according to both the System Manager and Outlook's "folder size" command) is about 3.3GB. However, the actual size of pub1.edb is 5.1GB, and pub1.stm is 8.4GB. Deleted item retention is set to 1 day. Message journaling is enabled (and is what compromises the bulk of that 3.3GB) Quarterly, I copy the data from the public folder containin...

convert to stored proc
Hello. I have been given a conversion assignment to convert Access db (frontend) with sql server 2005 backend to be included in a new webapp that is being constructed. Unfortunately, my stored proc creating is a bit weak and I'm not afraid to admit it. With that said, I came across an Access query that is puzzling me. Here it is; SELECT Purchase Orders *, POSO Relationships.SONumber AS RelatedSONumber, IIf([POSOType], [POSOType], 'Standard') AS POSOTypeFull, POSORelationships.MTXRMA, POSORelationships.SupplierRMA, POSORelationships.POSOType FROM PurchaseOrders ...

Dynamically generating email as html from a template
Would anyone know of an article/information detailing the creation of templates in word that can be used to create word documents by merging data to be saved as html to be included as the body of an email in outlook. .... or another method of dynamically creating emails in outlook based on a template. Thanx for the Advice Have you looked at Word's mail merge feature? That's exactly what it = does. See http://www.slipstick.com/contacts/startletter.htm=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Us...

Template lookup to SQL Server DB value
I want to build a module that does the following for multiple Word templates: 1. Request the user to input a policy# 2. Look up the policy info in a table in SQL Server Database with the policy # 3. Populate fields in the template (name, address, etc) What is the best way to accomplish this? The data I need is in one table in the database, dbo.STAT1. I want to be able to save this module to a bunch of templates to automatically run when the template is opened. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!! I have some starting points for this, but nothing more than that. If...

PS2010
I heard a rumour that the next version of the Project Server 2010 SDK will include an example of how to extend the reporting database so that it can store historic snapshot information. Can anyone confirm this rumour? I know baseline fields can be used but we often see the need for clients to report against project server data over a defined period (monthly for example). Ideally they would like to report on the snapshot information and track the changes or trend over a range of snapshot periods. Regards, Piet Remen www.projectserver.com.au Piet: Even using Project Serv...

How do I find a template I downloaded to Publisher?
I downloaded a template fom the microsoft site to use in Publisher 2003. I closed the page since I didn't want to use it right away, but now I can't find it. I looked in the "new from a design" pane, but it isn't listed anywhere. Where should I be looking to retrieve the template? If you didn't save it, then it is still at Microsoft. Could be in your temp folder. In Windows Explorer address bar type %temp% , Try, file, new, templates, scroll down to the bottom. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com...

I need a template for writing personal checks
I have a form set up in MS Publisher but I have to revise it everytime I want to write a check, I would like to have a template that would allow me write checks that match my personal checks. Regular size checks? There is a .wmf here, http://msauer.mvps.org/graphics.htm -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Gee Gee Wood" <Gee Gee Wood@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4B060B1D-E7D7-4DA4-9D4D-7B532A19BEBF@microsoft.com... >I have a form set up in MS Publisher but I have to revise it ever...

Top of Store/Sent Items folder is corrupted
Hi We found in doing a backup that for one user, her Top of Store/Sent Items folder is corrupted. A person on the Outlook message board (in the Office section) recommended that I back up the sent items folder file as a pst file and then re-import it. Obviously, you can't delete the sent items folder, so that didn't fix anything I've tried reinstalling Outlook on the user's computer, but the problem is somehow within the Exchange feature. No other files, such as her Inbox, etc., seem to be impacted. How can I fix this? If I do have to delete the user name and reinstall, my co...

make invitation template
I I'm making invitations templates on publisher and everything seem right. i would like to be able to send them to my friends. i made my own wedding invites and they were really nice so everybody want me to help with theirs.I want to know if i send them to people that do not have publisher how would they be able to open it . i would like them to be able the invitation but only the wording of but not the actual template like the color of the design ,how would i do that ? THank you ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the sugges...

newsletter and template?
How would you set up one page newsletter? Front page is full page -- date would change in title at top and back page would have lower third with return address and U.S. Postage Permit. Could you set it up as template somehow? Is there way to have Publisher divide back page so that I know where writing cutoff for last third is? Do I need to get out my paper and ruler with the English system of measurement and figure this out! I have Publisher 2003. Susan Susan, Start with one of Publisher's templates and delete pages 2 and 3 (Edit|Delete Page). That will get you a single sheet...

storing a bitmap
Hi all, in my coding, I used GDI+ to generate a thumbnail of a picture and display it. I'm trying to store this thumbnail's HBITMAP so the next time the same picture is selected, I don't have to re-generate the thumbnail again. I tried using a CBitmap and using LoadFromhandle to put it inside the CBitmap object, but the next time I tried to display the bitmap it is no longer valid. i read from MSDN that the HBITMAP is not stored inside the object but merely express as a CBitmap object. So the problem is how do I store the bitmap's content so that it is valid even when...

templates #8
I would like to create my own template in excel. I know you can save it by doing save as a 'template' format. my question is this: you know how yu can see other templates on file such as "invoice" and it shows up on your screen as a "fill out form" isnt that a template ? or is it that we cant create that? if so how do i get my existing template to look like a fill in the blank form on my screen for my employees? thank yu .. mm Hi there If you want your template to appear in the same area as the others that you can choose when you select File/New, then you ...

erro na store
Se alguem souber que erro =E9 este, estou farto de procurar=20 e nada. Pelo menos uma vez por dia isto acontece e a=20 store vai abaixo. Quando Levanto o servi=E7o o imc vai=20 abaixo com a 0x137bf000 mas se for o 0x132bf000 fica. Application popup: store.exe - Application Error : The=20 instruction at "0x004246a5" referenced memory=20 at "0x132bf000". The memory could not be "read". Application popup: store.exe - Application Error : The=20 instruction at "0x004246a5" referenced memory=20 at "0x137bf000". The memory could not be "read&q...

Outlook isnt storing my sent items
Hi, I have just noticed that Outlook hasnt been storing my sent items for the past 3 weeks, does anyone know why this might have happened? Thanks for your help ...

How do I calculate and store results? 01-25-10
I have two fields in a form. The first field displays a QTY and the second field is used to enter the number of items, NUMI, that are to be taken from the QTY. What I would like to do is to use the NUMI to subtract from QTY when I click on a calculate button. Then when the calculation is complete, the QTY displays the updated value which is stored as the new QTY and the NUMI is cleared. How can I do this with queries? I don't want to store the results in the table. Thanks! Joe... When you have both elements of a calculation, you never need to store the result, u...

Ex2000 Store Size Limit
Hello All, Yesterday we got hit with the dreaded 16GB limit in Exchange 2000 Std for our mailbox store, and I used the temporary limit increase registry value to mount the store. Today we cleared out at least 2GB messages in the store, but, our priv edb and stm files still add up to 16GB. What I'm wondering is, does Exchange go by the size of these files to calculate the store size, or the amount of actual data being used? Do we need to do an offline defrag to actually make our server safe, for the time being? Thanks Maurice Exchange 2000 does go by the file size. Iirc, th...

Trying to create a sermon outline template
I have been trying to created a Sermon outline template using Microsoft Office for Mac 2008. Here is basically what I am trying to do. Document sizes Left 2.39, Right 2.14, Top .25, Bottom 3.38 and a Footer of 3.6. The outline looks something like this. Title (centered) Scripture (centered, Italic) Introduction (left and Italic) 1. (text indented .25 ) A. (would be indented .25 and then text indented .25) Discussion: (Italic, left) I. (Left, Bold then text indented .25) A. (would be indented .25 and then text indented .25) 1. Would b...

Store.exe processes
Every morning I check my exchange 5.5 mail server I notice that Store.exe processes is using over 50% of CPU time. This continues and when user try start to logon the server becomes unavailale and the requires a restart. I have applied various patches that microsoft recommended and it still doesn't help. When the server crashes it logs error "Background Cleanup" "event 1101". Microsoft suggestions doesn't work. If anyone ever had this problem please let me know your course of action to resolve the issue. ps. Once rebooted, the server runs all day with an issu...

DVD case insert templates
Where can I find a DVD case insert template for Microsoft Publisher? Crystal2161 wrote: > Where can I find a DVD case insert template for Microsoft Publisher? Asked and answered, see http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.publisher/search?group=microsoft.public.publisher&q=DVD+case++insert+templates&qt_g=1&searchnow=Search+this+group ...

Cherry Keyboard/MSR: Won't swipe w/ Store Ops open...
Hi all -- Anyone come across an issue with Cherry Keyboard/MSR unit whereby it will beep,but not swipe (not even into notepad) when Store Ops is open, but will scan/read fine once Store Ops is closed?? Regards, -=RFM=- BTW: I'm using a Cherry Multiboard (G80-8113) w/ MSR and Touchpad. Thanks to anyone that can help! Rich "hitman" wrote: > Hi all -- > > Anyone come across an issue with Cherry Keyboard/MSR unit whereby it will > beep,but not swipe (not even into notepad) when Store Ops is open, but will > scan/read fine once Store Ops is closed?? > ...