Using the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility for Office installation

Windows XP Professional, ver 2002,  (9.0.6926) SP2 NTFS
Office 2000 Professional SP3
Internet Explorer 7.0.5730.11   128 bit cipher strength

I'm using Shenan Stanley's cleanup procedures, prepping for install of
Windows XP SP3.

Confirm answers regarding instructions for using the Windows Installer
CleanupUtility to remove Office 2000, Office XP or Office 2003.

(1)  Right now, I'm running Office 2000 Professional SP3.  I know Microsoft
article 290301 says the Installer Cleanup Utility it is not going to remove
the actual Office program; it is only going to remove the installation
files. To clarify, If I'm going to continue using Office 2000 Professional
SP3, does it mean I will have to reinstall it from CD again following
Windows XP Professional SP3? Otherwise, at some point in time, if I were to
uninstall Office 2000 Pro SP3 to install, say, Office 2007, what does Office
2000 Pro SP3 use for the files to uninstall itself?

5 tulips

0
5tulips

Peter

http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"5tulips" <5tulips@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Windows XP Professional, ver 2002,  (9.0.6926) SP2 NTFS
> Office 2000 Professional SP3
> Internet Explorer 7.0.5730.11   128 bit cipher strength
>
> I'm using Shenan Stanley's cleanup procedures, prepping for install of
> Windows XP SP3.
>
> Confirm answers regarding instructions for using the Windows Installer
> CleanupUtility to remove Office 2000, Office XP or Office 2003.
>
> (1)  Right now, I'm running Office 2000 Professional SP3.  I know Microsoft
> article 290301 says the Installer Cleanup Utility it is not going to remove
> the actual Office program; it is only going to remove the installation
> files. To clarify, If I'm going to continue using Office 2000 Professional
> SP3, does it mean I will have to reinstall it from CD again following
> Windows XP Professional SP3? Otherwise, at some point in time, if I were to
> uninstall Office 2000 Pro SP3 to install, say, Office 2007, what does Office
> 2000 Pro SP3 use for the files to uninstall itself?
>
> 5 tulips

0
Peter
5/3/2010 7:49:12 PM
To uninstall Office 2000 completely you will need the Office 2000 install CD. No way
around that with the exception of a reformat

--
Peter

http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"5tulips" <5tulips@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Windows XP Professional, ver 2002,  (9.0.6926) SP2 NTFS
> Office 2000 Professional SP3
> Internet Explorer 7.0.5730.11   128 bit cipher strength
>
> I'm using Shenan Stanley's cleanup procedures, prepping for install of
> Windows XP SP3.
>
> Confirm answers regarding instructions for using the Windows Installer
> CleanupUtility to remove Office 2000, Office XP or Office 2003.
>
> (1)  Right now, I'm running Office 2000 Professional SP3.  I know Microsoft
> article 290301 says the Installer Cleanup Utility it is not going to remove
> the actual Office program; it is only going to remove the installation
> files. To clarify, If I'm going to continue using Office 2000 Professional
> SP3, does it mean I will have to reinstall it from CD again following
> Windows XP Professional SP3? Otherwise, at some point in time, if I were to
> uninstall Office 2000 Pro SP3 to install, say, Office 2007, what does Office
> 2000 Pro SP3 use for the files to uninstall itself?
>
> 5 tulips

0
Peter

Office XP LDAP problem
Whenever I press the Check Names button to complete an address, I get error window that says Can't Contact LDAP Directory Server. I don't have an Exchange Account set up, although I did at one time. You can remove the LDAP address book provider from you profile. See Tools | Email accounts | View/Change address book | Highlight LDAP and remove it. -- Neo [MVP Outlook] Due to recent events in spam and malicious programs, all e-mails sent to this account will be deleted w/out reading. "Greg" <gwikle@triad.rr.com> wrote in message news:%23$tEiIW8DHA.1356@tk2msftngp1...

Using Publisher with a GroupMail Program
OK, I built a one-page e-mail newsletter and converted it to an HTML format. I try to import it into a mass e-mail program called Group Mail. When I preview it prior to sending, I see that none of the images or WordArt is there (I just get those little white boxes with the red "x" in them.). According to the Graphics Manager all of the images are embedded. What's up? CSJohnston <CSJohnston@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > According to the Graphics Manager all of the > images are embedded. This means that the graphics are embedd...

Why is it that every time you install a security update you get vi
I installed the latest upgrade for IE8 security update and my computer crahed the next day. What ever it let in, it wiped out all of my backup points. It will go back to something but once windows is able to come up, it freezes and shuts down. I have heard of other people having the same problem with IE8. What can I try with out wiping everything off the hard drive or taking it to some one to recover data? And I dout Microsoft will pay for the repairs. -- ICS Hi, Did you install anything between the update and the next day? We need to know your windows version and serv...

keyboard command used to select a range of nonadjacent cells?
does anyone know the keyboard command used to select a range of nonadjacent cells? 1)Use the arrow keys to select the first cell of the range 2)Hold down the [Shift] key while you extend the selection using the up, down, left, right arrow keys. 3)After the range is selected, and while still holding down the [Shift] key, press the [F8] key (they release all keys). You will see the word 'ADD' in the lower right of the status bar. Repeat above steps until done selecting non-contiguous ranges. Does that help? •••••••••• Regards, Ron "Jessizzle123" wrote: > does an...

Very slow booting into windows from bios
Hi My laptop is very slow loading into windows after bios. Have reformatted the hard drive completely. When it leaves the bios to start windows (xp home) the screen is black except for the broken white line this takes a good 5 minutes before going solid and opening windows. Have tried changing the memory sticks still the same. Any ideas please Regards -- B J G MRRIGGA wrote: > My laptop is very slow loading into windows after bios. Have > reformatted the hard drive completely. When it leaves the bios to > start windows (xp home) the screen is black except for the b...

Unable to use my address book
I got a new computer with Windows 7 and began the task of installing all my programs. I then used the easy transfer, as directed by microsoft, from my old xp laptop. when I first opened outlook and set up my profile, all was well until I checked my address book. It was and is blank. There is nothing listed in the scrool down window to even choose an address book to use. My contacts are all there, but when I go to contacts properties and select the outlook address book tab, the box that you need to check is grayed out anf not available. I need help! -- jhp WET a...

Public Folder Rights / ~ Cleanup
Dear all, Since a mailbox needs an associated account in Exchange 2003, I'm planning on migrating all shared mailboxes to Public Folders. I'm looking into the pros and cons, and the only con I can see right now is the rights assignment: via DL's is not an option or working, and AD groups aren't usable. 1. I was wondering how other people are doing this? 2. If I choose for a per-user rights assignment, and I delete the user, the Public Folder will still show NT-USER-S-1-5-etc in the permissions list. Is there a cleanup way for this? Versions: Exchange 2003 SP1 on Window...

2003 office Word doc is locked...how do I unlock in office 2007
I have a 2003 Office Word doc, that I locked [gold padlock icon] it prevents anyone from moving the cursor and therefore modifing my document....Now I have MS Office 2007 and my forms are all 2003 forms that are locked, but I dont see the same gold padlock to click to unlock it so I cant move my cursor around the form. You can add the 'lock' command from the all commands group to the QAT (Quick Access Toolbar) or better still download the add-in from http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Classic%20Form%20Controls.htm to put all the familiar forms tools on the Developer tab of the r...

MS Office Activation Assistant,HELP!!!!
HELP!! Everytime I click MS Office-60 Day Trial it opens Activation Assistant for the 2007 MS Office suites, and it has 2 steps. Step 1 is to request a trial key online which I have but i have many trial keys. Not only that when I click on the Step 1 icon it gives me another trial key already typed in the OEM key display area and it unlocks the 2nd step which is _Now,_click_here_to_launch_MS_Office_and_to_enter_your_trial_key__ so I do but then it says "The Microsoft Office Activation Assistant was unable to launch your 2007 Microsoft Office release. Please re-enter your sele...

Windows licensing question, please help.
BACKGROUND: I have 42 full time employess at my organization and 121 devices (85 fat clients & 36 thin clients). I am purchasing a new Windows 2008 server, running Exchange Standard to replace an existing 2003 Exchange standard server. I have an additional Windows 2003 server, running terminal services. CURRENT LICENSES (FULL TIME EMPLOYEES): 45 Windows 2008 user CALS 45 Exchange 2010 user CALS 40 Windows 2008 TS user CALS QUESTION: We hire a variable number of extra part time staff throughout the year to do computer work. Some may use a thin clients and some may use a ...

SBS 2008 install 01-14-10
Hi to all, Does the 3 install rule still apply to SBS 2008? I am almost to the point of doing the swing migration (waiting for my ram to arrive, the last piece of the assembly puzzle), and was wondering if I should install a few times like I did for SBS 2003. I know I posted this question the other day, but I don't see it anywhere, so forgive me if it gets posted twice. Any other gotchas to be on the lookout for as well? I am preparing for a swing migration soon. You might want to review to the replies you recieved the first time you posted this question. - L...

Use these security patch
--lmzqllutpnhvfiyn Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="qnzroljoq"; type="multipart/alternative" --qnzroljoq Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="xhagewsxvsumebkfb" --xhagewsxvsumebkfb Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Client this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to maintain the security of your computer from...

SCOM RMS install account to use
Security wants to see why we cant use a local account to install RMS. We did. Now running setup for other components such as Reporting, which connects back to the RMS, and the RMS cannot verify that the account being used is in the SCOM admins domain security group. Installing RMS with a domain account rather than local account fixes this. Where's the documentation that says you must install with a domain account and cannot use a local account? And if a domain account is used, what happens if that domain account is later deleted - Security is asking ..... Tks, Joe Wrong...

NESTED IF STATEMENT USING DATE
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C7B250.64254380 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello! Can some review the following IF statement. The error is stating that = there are too many arguments. =3DIF((TEXT((D2),"yyyy")=3D"2007"),"2007",if(TEXT(d2),"yyyy")=3D"2006","2= 006","2005 & Before") If the year of the date is 2007, state "2007", If the year of the date = is 2006, state "2006", otherw...

Outlook 2002 & out of office rules
Greetings! I've setup an out of office message with a rule ... that rule specifies that, if a message comes in with the subject of "URGENT", the message should be forwarded to another email address. I have the activation checkbox on the rule checked... but regardless of the subject of the message I receive, it never gets forwarded. Additionally, there is no error information indicating why the rule isn't processed. Can anyone point me to some information on how to diagnose this problem? Thanks! david Are you on an Exchange system? Out of office rules only work when ...

using CFontholder
Hi, When we initialize we have to pass a parameter to CFontHolder constructor. I usually pass a null value. It actually expects a notification(m_xnotification) object. Is it safe to pass a null value to the constructor? Is it necessary to pass a notification object to its constructor? Thanks in advance, Regards, John. -- I don hav a signature..Unfortunately! ...

entourage and windows

How to place focus back after error message window closed?
I have a form with 3 CEdit which are Year, Month and Day fields. If one of them is empty and user click OK or press Enter, an error message will displayed and the focus will back on where it was. I have tried this code but it won't focused back on where it was, it just back to the form but nothing is focused. void CMochikoshiDlg::OnOK() { // TODO: この位置にその他の検証用のコードを追加してください if ( m_edt_mochi_date_year.IsEmpty() || m_edt_mochi_date_month.IsEmpty() || m_edt_mochi_date_day.IsEmpty() ) { MessageBox( "Error" ); return; } CDialog::OnOK(); } How to do that? Thank you ve...

I have got a netbook how do i download office from a cd on it
How do I upload my office programe from a cd to my netbook Using a cd drive plugged into the USB port. Ti wrote: > How do I upload my office programe from a cd to my netbook Buy a cheap USB key [maybe 1GB+], copy the files on the CD to the USB key. Run off USB key. "Ti" wrote: > How do I upload my office programe from a cd to my netbook Assuming you have got a retail version of the CD (and therefore a retail key), you can download the product from here: <http://www.microsoft.com/office/downloads/> Your key will work if it is from a box you bo...

Using Journal to track Project Correspondence ??
I've been trying to read up on the Journal feature, but I'm not sure how I can get it to "compartmentalize" activities related to a project. How would I do this? TIA, Bill Allen You can try using Categories on the journal entries "Bill Allen" <T.W.Allen@cox.net> wrote in message news:sSKef.7316$om5.3819@dukeread04... > I've been trying to read up on the Journal feature, but I'm not sure how I > can get it to "compartmentalize" activities related to a project. > > How would I do this? Hi, Vince. Thanks for your respo...

Using Blackberry to update CRM
I'm almost positive that this will work, but I'd like someone out there to confirm it. If a user has a Blackberry that connects to Exchange using BlackBerry's server integration software, and that user edits a record that syncs to Exchange, will that change be reflected in CRM 3, assuming that the record is tagged for tracking in CRM? I can't see why it wouldn't work, but I want to make sure. Thanks for any feedback! -Eric. Sorry this will not work. YOu might want to check out tendigits.com for a full blackberry integration to CRM ==============================...

inserting rows using visual basic
I have a data set that I have been working on for the past few days. am new to visual basic and could use a little help with my problem. The data is organized by time (0,1,2,3...22,23 hrs) but not every hou is present. I would like to insert any missing hours WITHOU disrupting the present data. And, any row that is missing an hour, th rest of the cells in that row need to read "0". There is an attached file that shows what I have and also what I need. Thank Attachment filename: missingrows.xls Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachme...

Excel 2003 with SP3: border around active cell not moving when using keyboard?
When I use the arrow keys on the keyboard, the border around the active cell does not move to the next cell. Only the horizontal/ vertical scroll bars move. This started happening 2 days ago. Any ideas what options I may have accidentally toggle? Your SCROLL LOCK key is on. Press it again to turn it off. The key is typically labeled "ScrLk" and is above the Insert/Home/PageUp buttons. Most keyboards have an LED indicator lamp that is illuminated when Scroll Lock is on. Also, Excel will display "SCRL" in the lower right corner of the main Excel window when Scroll Lock ...

Excel crashes when opening files from Windows Explorer
Strange error happening here. If I open Excel manually and click Open and go find my files, Excel works just fine However, if I go to Windows Explorer and Dbl Click on an XLS file, it crashes Excel with the "This program has caused an illegal operation and is being debugged" (or whatever that standard error is This is Win2k with SPs, Office 2k with SPs, and everything should be up to date Any help would be great. Only thing I can think to try is to uninstall it and reinstall it. Hi not sure this will help but try the following: goto 'Tools-Options-General " and uncheck...

can't see transactions
I just 'installed' Money tonite, and went through the entire setup. I downloaded the transactions for the last 3 months from my bank - and Money says there are 101 items to review - but not one shows up in the transaction list I see Mark's problem tonite, too... can these be related? I really wanted to get this going this week.... but without the transactions, I'm not sure how. Thanks in advance for prompt response - it will mean less gray hairs :) In microsoft.public.money, Carysue wrote: >I just 'installed' Money tonite, and went through the entire setup. I down...