Trouble with downloading attachments

Just recently I have been unable to download email attachments that require
word. I have Office 2007. When I download a mail attachment (any mail, Yahoo
etc, not just Outlook) I get a File conversion message pop up. It doesn't
matter what I click on, nothing opens, well it does but you can't read it.
This never used to happen.

mail with big attachment cant be sent
hi everyone, i have an exchange 5.5 server. every time that i am trying to sent mail with attachment bigger than 900k i recieve the folloing message: "Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: test Sent: 11/12/2003 10:27 The following recipient(s) could not be reached: 'kadum_le@yahoo.com' on 11/12/2003 10:28 Unable to deliver the message due to a communications failure The MTS-ID of the original message is: c=US;a= ;p=BOOKTTCUK;l=MAILTTC-031211102658Z-9717 MSEXCH:IMS:BOOKTTCUK:London:MA...

Emails containing emails as attachments
Hello all - I've got a mildly irritating problem with CRM 3.0: Customers occasionally send us an email that contains another email as an attachment. Using Outlook, you can see - and open - this attachment in the incoming Exchange mailbox, but the copy that is sent to the CRM system (using the email router) arrives without the attachment. Other attachment types - Word or Excel files, PDFs, etc - get through to CRM without problems. Has anyone come across this problem before, and is there a way to fix it? Robert T. Fleming ...

template downloads
using Excell 2000, wont allow dowloads from office online, the templates. It starts to then gives the window, "has encountered a problem and needs to shut down". I can DL all other product templates. I have dl'ed all patches available. ...

XmlSchema - validation trouble
Hello, I have error when reading schema using XmlSchema. Read and then .Compile: System.Xml.Schema.XmlSchemaException: May not be nominated as the {substitution group affiliation} of any other declaration. An error occurred at , (11, 3). Schema compile error: System.Exception: Schema error ---> System.Xml.Schema.XmlSchemaException: May no t be nominated as the {substitution group affiliation} of any other declaration. An error occurred at , (11, 3). --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at XBRLMainClass.SchemaErrorHandler(Object sender, ValidationEventArgs vea) i n c:\...\Main...

Dowloaded transaction keeps downloading although I've matched it up.
I had three transactions that I entered manually into Money 2003. Two were paychecks with all the tax information entered and one was a cash deposit. I deposited all three of these at the bank at the same time under the same deposit. When I received the downloaded transaction, I clicked the option that says it applies to transactions that I manually entered. So, I checked the three transactions I had entered on my own and clicked "done". It then gave me the chance to accept all three on my account register, which I did, and listed them as "E" for electronic t...

creating a rule to print attachments
Good morning, All! I am having a problem with the following rule creation: If I receive an e-mail that has an attachment (let's just limit this to .pdf files for the moment...I am sure that there is a flaw in that thought-process...I am more interested in the rules creation thought-process at the moment) and I would like to print both the e-mail itself and the accompanying attachment how do I do that? I can print just the e-mail no problem. I can open Adobe Acrobat Reader no problem. However, I can not get Adobe Reader to open that specific attachment and I can not get that atta...

Slow opening messages with attachments
In recent days, my OL 2003 install has begun to "hang" on any message with an attachment. It takes 30-45 sec to open any message with an attachment (5k text fiels take just as long as 5M PDFs). No difference whether using preview pane or not - as soon as I try tio look a tht emessage, it's coffee break time. AFAIK, I haven't done anything to trigger this - no recent updates, no config changes, etc. Attemptintg to resolve this I've tried the following: - Cleaned up & compacted the .PST file - Disabled "IM integration" - Renamed the outcmd.dat file None of...

WinMail.Dat Attachments Between InterOffice Users...
Hi All, we have two exchange server 2003 servers. one in NY and one in London. client is running outlook 2003. the two offices are connected via a WAN Link. when one user sends a big (over 7-8mb) power point presentation from one office to another user in the other office, the recepient gets a winmail.dat attachment instead of the ppt attachment. these emails are not going over the internet. when they send small attachments, no problems occur. Both offices are using Rich Text Format to send emails. when using html format, it works sometimes and sometimes it does not and the user g...

Handler for Outlook attachments
The default handler for JPEG files on my system (XP) is the Windows Picture and Fax viewer. If I click on a JPEG (JPG) file, the picture and fax viewer opens that file (picture) by default. BUT, if I click on a JPEG (JPG) attachment in an outlook E-Mail, it opens with Corel Photo-Paint instead of the Windows Picture and Fax Viewer. Clearly, the "file association" used by outlook to open attachments is different from the overall Windows XP "file association" for the same filetype. How can I change this behavior so that the Windows default handler for the filetype ...

how to put a sent email as attachment
I want to put a set email as attachment & send to someone, but I don't know how to do it, can anyone help?? Open the message | click on Message | Forward as attachment Yokee wrote: > I want to put a set email as attachment & send to someone, but I don't > know > how to do it, can anyone help?? Right click on the message and select Forward as attachment. "Yokee" <yokeekwan@hotmail.com.> wrote in message news:E8E84C9C-78AE-4332-AEA7-453C080BDBEE@microsoft.com... >I want to put a set email as attachment & send to someone, but I...

How to make printed email header include list of attachments
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop This may be the thing I miss most since my IT guy got me to switch from dear Eudora. I don't print out email unless I must, but it's really annoying that the list of attachments doesn't appear. Please help! On 2/25/10 9:07 AM, dufois@officeformac.com wrote: > but it's really annoying that the list of attachments doesn't appear. > Please help! See if this script will help: Print Message w-Attach X 1.0.2 http://scriptbuilders.net/files/printmessagewattachx1.0.2.ht...

Animation only working as an attachment, not embedded in a message
Something very odd has just happened. I made a gif animation (11 frames). Then, in Windows Live Mail (Windows 7): New>Insert>Image>in line to embed it into the body of the message, as I have done many times before, without any problems, using Outlook Express. The file size was 1.53MB. I sent the message to myself to see what it looked like and it arrived as 317KB, meaning it just showed a static image (1 frame), no animation. When I send it as an attachment there is no problem. I sent the embedded version to my husband, who uses Vista and it didn't work there eith...

Location of attachment files
I need to locate and recover attachment files from Outlook on an old=20 disk that is no longer the boot disk. How can I do this? Background: This is a Windows 2000 system with Office XP and the source disk had=20 Office 2000. An employee purchased a new system and needed to=20 migrate. I used Outlooks Export function to create backup.pst of all=20 folders and subfolders. I did not know the user kept their attachments=20 with the original emails. Now the user can not locate the files = although=20 there is a file path in attachment properties. Thanks Jeff >I need to locate and recove...

Unable to view .jpg attachment

Missing RTF File Attachment
Hi Guys Not sure where to post this one, so I've posted here and microsoft.public.exchange. Please don't flame me for cross-posting. One of my users is experiencing a strange email problem. We have Exchange 5.5 running on NT4. Mail client is Outlook 2000. When this user sends his customer an email with an RTF file attached, the recipient gets the message but the attachment is missing, with no indication of why e.g. no message from firewall, AV etc... However, if the user resends the same message by forwarding it to the same recipient from his Sent Items folder, then the recipient in...

Attachments stripped from email
I have two exchange enterprise servers in my LAN, one Exchange 2000 and one exchange 2003. When a user on the Exchange 2000 server sends a message with attachments to a user on the Exchange 2003 server the attachments are unreadable. The error message is "The operation failed. An object could not be found." Has anyone seen this and if so how to you fix the problem? Anything in App Event log on either server? Tom wrote: > I have two exchange enterprise servers in my LAN, one Exchange 2000 > and one exchange 2003. When a user on the Exchange 2000 server sends a > message wi...

OE removing "unsafe" attachments
Just starting using Outlook Express as my mail client at home and am having a problem with it removing attachments that I didn't configure it to. For example, I emailed myself a powerpoint presentation from my work email to home. When I opened the email there was a message above the address header that said: "OE has removed access to the following unsafe attachments in your mail" followed by the filename of the attachment. With the exception of a jpg, OE has deleted (or removed access to) EVERY attachment I've gotten. I attempted searching for various permutations ...

Adding Annotation Attachments in CRM 4.0
I have having a hard time figuring out how to upload a file to an annotation from code in CRM 4.0. It appears that the old UploadFromBase64 etc is no longer in the API. Any ideas? Thanks Nevermind, I figured it out. You just have to send the encoded file to the documentbody property. ...

Allowing access to blocked attachments
With Outlook 2002, my attachents are blocked due to downloading "fixes".....I need access to all attachments. What is the simplest way to undo what the security fix blocked....and allow immediate access to my attachments. Don ...

picklist trouble
The situation is this: I have 3 entities Account: with standard the field adres type 1 (picklist) Contact: with standard the field adres type 1 (picklist) Lead: with NO standard field adres type 1 (picklist) I've created the field "adres type 1" on the lead entity. I've mapped the relationships between the attribute "adrestype 1" so that when you convert a lead, it SHOULD convert the values chosen in lead picklist. The fields mapped correctly The piclist values did NOT (whenever i set visitor adres in a lead, it sets postal-adres after conversion to an acco...

Bad attachments.
Hello, We are running exchange server 2003 on a windows 2k server Sp4. We have a customer using a Linux based email server, all attachments we receive from this customer are not usable and cannot be opened with their respective programs. For example, MS Word attachment are not readable. Is there something we can do to our sever to receive attachment correctly? or this is a problem on our customer's end? thank you in advance. If you receive attachments from all other domains then more than likely the problem is on the remote domain. You can use ARCHIVESINK or NETMON to get a better u...

Money auto-assign category to downloaded transactions
It's happened several times, but I can't quite pinpoint the trigger to it. Every now and then, when I download transactions into Money, it random assigns a category to all the transactions, and the category is the same one. For example, just earlier today, every transactions downloaded was assigned "automobile" as the category. I have tried different options under Tools - Setting - Online Sevices Setting, but I can't quite figure out how to prevent this from happening. Any idea? In microsoft.public.money, namsilat wrote: >It's happened several times, but I can&#...

chart trouble
I'm making a simple chart, with 2 series with 2 data points in each series, but only the first set of data points are graphed Are you making an XY chart? Excel might be using the first series as the X values for the second series. Try this kind of data arrangement: Srs-a Srs-b X1 Y1a Y1b X2 Y2a Y2b Srs-a and Srs-b are the series names (legend entries) for the two series, and you are explicitly providing X values for both series in the first column. Select this 3x3 range, run the chart wizard, and in step 2, make sure the series are in columns. [BTW, shouldn'...

Trouble getting an XmlNodeList from flickr atom feed
Hi Guys, I'm having some trouble selecting the some XML nodes from a Flickr atom feed. He's the a cut down version of the code to illustrate my problem: using System.Xml; protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e) { XmlDocument xmlDoc = new XmlDocument(); HttpWebRequest webRequest = (HttpWebRequest)WebRequest.Create("http://api.flickr.com/services/ feeds/photos_public.gne"); webRequest.Timeout = 10000; // Makes sure the connection is not persistant webRequest.KeepAlive = false; HttpWebResponse webResponse = null; we...

trouble exporting / importing .pst files to CD-R
Need advice on writing personal folders to a CD-R disk. Have windows XP home edition and get a access denied (may not have permissions) on the import after writing the file to the CD. Do not know how to troubleshoot this. thx, john fender Microsoft Outlook requires read, write, and exclusive access to perform any action with *.pst files. Therefore you must copy the *.pst file back to the hard drive and remove the read-only attribute if you want to import items back into your mailbox at a later date. "john" <jfender@rtconnect.net> wrote in message news:082301c35bee$563...