Transfer a downloaded copy of Office 2007 to another laptop

I've just bought a new lap top and need to transfer Office 2007 from one
to the other. Office (Student & Home) was bought as a download therefore
have no discs and can't find the key, doh!

Any help will be appreciated.

--
dandjhardy
dandjhardy's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/168942.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

0
dandjhardy

"dandjhardy" <dandjhardy.4405rc@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message

> I've just bought a new lap top and need to transfer Office 2007 from one
> to the other. Office (Student & Home) was bought as a download therefore
> have no discs and can't find the key, doh!

But you HAVE saved the file(s) you downloaded?
Belarc will give you the product key. Google for it..

0
Gordon
12/30/2009 11:02:58 AM
What you mean is you purchased on line and could'nt be bothered to pay extra
for the cd.
Niether did you bother to save the email with the key that was emailed to
you
You dont need tech help, you need a dose of common sense

"dandjhardy" <dandjhardy.4405rc@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message

> I've just bought a new lap top and need to transfer Office 2007 from one
> to the other. Office (Student & Home) was bought as a download therefore
> have no discs and can't find the key, doh!
>
> Any help will be appreciated.
>

> --
> dandjhardy
> dandjhardy's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/168942.htm
> View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/ms-office-support/1287731.htm
>
> http://forums.techarena.in

0
DL
12/30/2009 11:38:21 AM
"DL" <notvalid@spoofaddress.co.uk> wrote in message
> What you mean is you purchased on line and could'nt be bothered to pay
> extra for the cd.

That doesn't matter - if the OP has saved the downloaded file(s) then they
can copy those over and install from that. Sounds like they didn't do that
either..

0
Gordon
12/30/2009 11:47:45 AM
obviously

"Gordon" <gordonbparker@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> "DL" <notvalid@spoofaddress.co.uk> wrote in message
>> What you mean is you purchased on line and could'nt be bothered to pay
>> extra for the cd.
>
> That doesn't matter - if the OP has saved the downloaded file(s) then they
> can copy those over and install from that. Sounds like they didn't do that
> either..

0
DL
12/30/2009 1:23:54 PM
Thanks for the help Gordon.

DL: The trouble is that what's common sense to you is not to others
and, even though I don't have to explain myself to you, downloading is
"common sense" to me when considering time, packaging, cost, postage,
etc. On the point of saving e-mails; no doubt you've saved every single
one.

--
dandjhardy
dandjhardy's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/168942.htm
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/ms-office-support/1287731.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

0
dandjhardy

Project Server 2007 Implemenation costs
Hello, I want to implement Project Server for web access to 50 users. We already have MS Project 2007 installed on all PC's running XP operating system. I know I will need a Project Server License and 50 CAL, but what other costs are involved? Thank you. Hi Flyingrat, You'll need to make sure your Project version is Project 2007 Professional. In addition to a Windows Server, you'll also need SQL Server and the relevant SQL CALS, one CAL for each Pro user AND each web user. -- Regards, Ben. "Flyingrat" wrote: > Hello, > > I...

Recurring Paycheck / Downloading from Bank
If i want to set up a recurring paycheck in Money, do I pre-define the paycheck and let Money populate my register, or should i wait for Money to download the ACH transaction data from my bank online? Ive done both, and it seems to think I got paid twice, not once. Whats the standard procedure to ensure you check is tracked, to include gross pay, pre- and post-tax deductions, etc? thanks! Jimmy T. Timbo The best way if you are trying to track deductions is to manually enter them. You can then either match the downloaded info to them or just delete the downloaded info. Cindy "Jimmy ...

Use Copied Outlook PST file as default...How?
If I copy a PST file on my PC, how can I configure my Laptop Outlook to use that copied file as its default. Is it possible to copy new Defined Views in Contacts from one computer to another. Dmahanay <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > If I copy a PST file on my PC, how can I configure my > Laptop Outlook to use that copied file as its default. Outlook version? > Is it possible to copy new Defined Views in Contacts from > one computer to another. I think views are registry items and not kept in the PST. -- Brian Tillman My outlook version is 2002. >--...

Chart wizard funcitonality in Excel 2007?
I hope I'm missing something in Excel 2007. In Excel 2003, the chart wizard gives you access to lots of options when you create a graph--graph type, data range, the various series (including the X axis labels), the chart title and axis titles, gridlines, legends, and others. It doesn't take long to create the graph with most of the options you want and then tweak it pretty quickly. In Excel 2007, it seems that every option is a separate button/menu/choice. Setting the chart title, the x-axis title, and the y-axis title are three different operations. Ditto for pretty much everyt...

Install and set up the Microsoft Office Project Add-in for Outlook
The language used by the add-in must match the language used by Outlook. For example, if Outlook uses Japanese, the add-in must also use Japanese,and If the languages do not match, the add-in will not work. How can I download Japanese add-in for Japanese outlook for Microsoft project server 2007 that installed in Engilish? Have you tried the Project Language Pack 2007 SP1? http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=d322ba67-b199-4503-8aff-6813b320d708 HTH "Bahram" <Bahram@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:...

Updated Office, now I'm no longer Registered
Help. I downloaded the Offixe X updates, and went to open Microsoft Word, and all of a sudden, its as if I was installing a brand new product, asking for my information, and product key (which of course, I can't find). Has anyone experienced this? Or, does anyone know if Macs store any kind of registry information? I appreciate any feedback! (other than "losing your registration key was reeeeeally smart!" :)) Thanks so much. Lisette On 12/23/06 11:58 AM, in article 1166903892.442462.51840@a3g2000cwd.googlegroups.com, "lisettea@mac.com" <lisettea@mac.com> wrot...

divide so no error Excel 2007
I have a simple issue. I have two cells with numbers and I want to divide one by the other and set it up on many cells. Problem is if I enter the folmula befor there are actually numbers in the two cells I get the Divide by 0 error (#DIV/0!) So How can I divide A2 / B2 only if it won't produce an error? =IF(B2=0,0,A2/B2) -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Striker" <striker3070@qwest.net> wrote in message news:%23CnsJAoRJHA.5244@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... >I have a simple issue. I have two cells with numbers and I want to divide >one by the other and set it up ...

Money 2007 fails additional update
I am trying to use Money 2007 Premium on my new computer (Windows XP SP2) and it installs fine, but when I start Money it notifies me that an additional update is required. It looks like it downloads the files properly but fails the add'l install. I have tried the following: uninstall and install again turn off all virus protection (Panda) firewalls, etc. download directly from the web None of these have helped. I saw one article on this problem that said to remove a Core File, but I can not find it on my computer. Please help. -- Josie In microsoft.public.money, Josie wrote...

Outlook 2007 add-on
Hello everybody! Wonder is there any outlook 2007 add-on that can show related email messages (even if exchanged between 2, 3 or more persons), based on the similarity of emails' contents? I know Outlook 2007 has the option to arrange columns per "conversation" but if 2 messages have same content with different subjects, they are not included in the "conversation" display.. Any ideas here? Thanks in advance! Steve Tried Xobni? --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal ...

Cusotm Office 2007 install for English, Spanish, & Chinese users
Hi, I'm working on creating a custom install of Office 2007 for my various sites. These sites include users that speak English, Spanish and Chinese. I am a bit confused on how to use language packs in order to provide multi-lingual support. From my understanding, I need to download the Spanish and Chinese language pack and place the .msp files in the Updates folder on my network install point? Does this mean when office gets installed on a Chinese computer it will be in Chinese automatically? Or does the user need to "flip a switch" to make it Chinese language? The ...

MS Office
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I have Student Teacher version 2008. I have MS Office installed on three different MAC's with three individual codes (Allows for three installs). When MS Office is running on my wife's MAC Book, and I run it my iMAC, I get an error message that I'm exceeding the licenses. I'm not. How do I get this to stop?? <xVVAtc@officeformac.com> wrote: > I have Student Teacher version 2008. I have MS Office installed on three > different MAC's with three individual codes (Allows for three insta...

backup same set of servers from 2 DPM 2007 servers
I am changing the DPM server 2007. However, I would like to take this opportunity to revise all protection groups so that I can restore bare-metal any server from a single lTO-4 tape if possible. During this "transitional period," I would like to leave the existing backup settings on the older DPM server to continue to run while adding jobs to the new DPM server. Looks like to me that I have to re-install the agent on all servers so that they can be recognized by the new DPM server. IS there a better way to do this if my plan is possible at all? Thanks Bill ...

out of office to internet
We r using sbs2003. Out of office only works internally even I've enabled out of office responses for internet from System Manager. any idea is appreciated.. In ESM, under Global Settings/Internet Message Formats. kazi wrote: > We r using sbs2003. Out of office only works internally even I've enabled out > of office responses for internet from System Manager. > > any idea is appreciated.. -- Text from most Windows dialogs can be copied to clipboard with Ctrl-INS. Free productivity applications suit - www.openoffice.org Free Internet calling - www.skype.com Free SQ...

send as another user
i gave one user right to access another user mailbox and enable "send on behalf" of him/her in exchange. back in outlook, when the user highlight the other user inbox and click on send...it still say his send from his name instead of the other user name? am i doing someting wrong? if so, can someone tell me how to make this thing work? thx in advance. "send on behalf" is NOT "send as" theyre 2 totally different things. send as is given via ADUC "vincentnyc" <vincentnyc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F2A6FD12-5080-47...

Moving a row from one sheet to another wrongly leaves blank-row artifact.
Moving an entire row within a sheet in Excel XP is implemented correctly: Select the entire row, cut it, go to the target location, and Insert Copied Cells. The target row is inserted (pushing all rows below it down), and the source row is deleted (bringing all rows below it up, as it were). NOT so when the target is in another sheet in the same workbook. Excel inserts the target row correctly, but fails to delete the source row. The row still exists (only it's blanked out). You have to remeber to, tediously, return to the source and delete the blank row. Which means that if you intende...

How do you copy a cell's content verses it's formula?
I have 2 cells and combined them into a third cell with the following formula... =a1&" "&b1. I was combining a person's first name (cell 1) with a person's second name (cell 2) so cell 3 included the first and second name. Now I want to copy and paste cell 3, but it copies the formula... I need to paste in the content (first and second name) not the formula. Hi Tammy, You could use a macro see JOIN macro on it's page http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/join.htm not what you actually asked because if would change column A with the concatenated const...

Downloading process for Office Standard 2007 online
I experienced a severe computer failure and when it was repaired, I lost my installed programs. I need to get back on Outlook and Word, but only have the program key for the Office Standard 2007 program. How do I get to the screen where I can input my program key to get the process started? You need the Office installation cd in order to reinstall "Jack" <Clear@view.com> wrote in message news:8777DDC2-9BED-4B0D-8EC0-F1A35D5DE37C@microsoft.com... >I experienced a severe computer failure and when it was repaired, I lost my > installed programs. I need to get...

Multiple copies of E-Mail messages
I am using Outlook 2002 (10.4219.4219) SP2 with a Windows XP Professional operating system. Just in the last couple days I've started to experience a problem with incoming e-mail messages. I use Outlook to retrieve e-mail from at least four different accounts, from at least two different servers. When I receive a new e-mail message that is addressed to one of these e-mail accounts, I get two extra copies of that message, and each of these extra copies are addressed to two of my other accounts. So what I end up with is three copies with three different TO: addresses. This only happens ...

10 free copies of iPrep Microsoft 70-290 for your iPhone
iPrep Microsoft 70-290 is an iPhone app which will help you to prepare for Microsoft 70-290 certification exam "Managing and Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Environment". Download the app from the App Store: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/iprep-microsoft-70-290/id335186475?mt=8 Use one of the following codes to get your copy for free: 9TM96E7EMNAY 6AYJTREAHM3A 94P4TJNAEHLW N636934JRPF9 3YKM9E66FF93 ENPN7PALXX9N XN6T993ANXTP TTEWEM4EEWLY 49RKEHHMMYF6 MXXA7HLLJMTM Each code can be used only once, first come first served. The codes are redeemable only ...

Using tables created in 2003 IN 2007
My office has recently upgraded to 2007. I enjoy new features such as the ability to highlight a few words within the table without the ENTIRE table's font changing; unfortunately, this only works in tables I have created since the upgrade. My old tables that were brought over from 2003 do not have this capability. Is there an add-on out there? I do not have to resort to re-typing and creating all new tables. PS. Copy and pasting into a new table does not work. Convertting the file using the office button does not work. Help? please? I think you talking about what is called...

e-mail address for the office
I need to have one e-mail address for all office use. There are 2 ways. If a make alias - distribution group I can get e-mail, but when I Reply mesg then it's going from user mailing address (not from office@...). 2nd way. I made extra user with e-mail address office@..., I gave rights for this user accnt and this address to users accounts (as addictional mailboxes). I'm getting messages on this acc, but when I'm trying to send something, I don't have permission. Give yourself full mailbox access, send as, and receive as, to be able to open mailbox in Outlook as additio...

Out of Office Assiatance issues
Hi all, One of our users (UserA) is having issues receiving an Out of Office confirmation email when he emails a particular user (UserB). For test purposes I emailed this users (UserB) and received the out of office response. The UserA is able to receive other emails and there is no mailbox size restriction in place. What else can be done to investigate and resolve this issue. Version of Outlook the user is using is Microsoft Outlook 2002 ( 10.2627.2625 ) no Service Pack. "Leon" <ap76_at_email.com> wrote in message news:eRH1U3JdEHA.1764@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hi a...

Office Standard 2003, no more activations left by phone or online
I have used all of my activations, online and by phone. Am I out of luck and need to purchase a new key? Is there a way around this? If its a retail version you can install as often as you like providing you dont exceed the number of *working* PC's its licensed for. If an oem version its only licensed for the origonal PC "BettyBlue" <BettyBlue@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A099EC53-A617-4083-83F7-889AECFFAD01@microsoft.com... >I have used all of my activations, online and by phone. Am I out of luck >and > need to purchase a new...

Can I add additional emoticons to Communicator 2007?
I would like to increase the available emoticons in Communicator 2007. Anyone know how? AFAIK, you can't but this would be better asked in the Communication server forums. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM Poll: What version of Outlook do you use? http://forums.slip...