template for printing payroll checks

Is there an free template I can download, run in Office 2008 in order to
print payroll checks that reflect withholdings/gross/net etc?

"Searching" <Searching@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there an free template I can download, run in Office 2008 in order to
> print payroll checks that reflect withholdings/gross/net etc?

Office 2008 is a MAC program and you have found your way into an Office for
PC newsgroup.  You may have better luck by asking in a MAC specific
newsgroup such as microsoft.public.mac.office or the like.  Don't know of
any predesigned check forms. Even if they exist, the form would have to be
customized for the check form you are using especially if they were
preprinted checks.

But:

If you are running your calculations in Excel it would be relatively simple
to create a form in Word to do such as you want using the label mail merge
format using the Excel data as the merge input.  Of course you could do the
same as an output in Excel but I am not as familiar with Excel printing as I
am with Word.

1
LVTravel
5/6/2010 8:35:25 PM
"Searching" <Searching@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there an free template I can download, run in Office 2008 in order to
> print payroll checks that reflect withholdings/gross/net etc?

You mean PaySLIPS not "checks" (sic) don't you? All a cheque is is an
instruction to a bank to pay.
Most payroll software these days includes payslip print outs...

0
Gordon
5/6/2010 8:55:28 PM
In article <#wX105V7KHA.4208@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl>, Gordon wrote:
> "Searching" <Searching@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Is there an free template I can download, run in Office 2008 in order to
> > print payroll checks that reflect withholdings/gross/net etc?
>
> You mean PaySLIPS not "checks" (sic) don't you? All a cheque is is an
> instruction to a bank to pay.
> Most payroll software these days includes payslip print outs...

Given the spelling, OP's probably in the US, where payroll checks usually
include gross, withholding information and so on on the check stub.

0
Steve

Check Register #4
I experiencing a few entries in the "Num" column on the Check Register showing an envelope with a small red indicator of some kind on the right hand side of the envelope. I've been unable to determine the meaning of this. Does anyone know what causes this? Many thanks. L> I experiencing a few entries in the "Num" column on L> the Check Register showing an envelope with a small L> red indicator of some kind on the right hand side L> of the envelope. I've been unable to determine the L> meaning of this. Does anyone know what causes L> this?...

can i print the training presentations?
Can someone tell me how to print the pages of the training courses like excel?? When i used print all it did was print the top and last line on eacg page but not the info in between?? Is it possible to print it?? Thank you ...

borders don't appear in print preview?
Hi, I'm using Excel 2003 and I have a spreadsheet which I have set up so that 'gridlines', 'black and white' and 'draft' are unchecked. The cells where information is to be entered have black borders. When I select print preview, most of the cells are fine but there are 5 rows where the borders aren't showing at all. They're not even together, they're throughout the spreadsheet! I've tried manually drawing each border, I've tried changing the colour but it doesn't seem to work. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks in ad...

Print Preview Different than What I see in the Excel File
When I created an Excel file and inputed text data, it shows that it is within the column width in the file, but when I do a Print Preview, it shows that the text is not fitting in that cell and is cutting out. What should I do to make sure that the way I type the text and it shows in the file, is the same way it will show in print preview and also print the same way. ...

Amount paid on check stub to reflect the exact amount paid
I had multiple invoices to pay including a credit to one vendor. Instead of referring to the remittance advice that I sent along with the check, they posted the payments according to the info on the check stub. This is what appears on the stub: Inv amt 165.10 amount paid 0.00 " " 279.67 " " 38.64 " " 7.00 " " 7.00 " " 145.50 " " 145.50 " " 161.40 " " 161.40 " " (406.13) " " 0.00 The total comes to 352.54 and the check was...

how to print autocad dwg's from excel vba
If I have a dwg # in a sheet cell, how can I print that dwg. from excel vba. This is as far as I got: (I need help with the last 3 lines) Sub print_dwg_from_excel() A = ActiveWindow.ActiveCell.Value B = Dir("c:\AUTOCAD\" & A") C = "c:\AUTOCAD\" & B Set fs = CreateObject("SCRIPTING.FILESYSTEMOBJECT") Set f = fs.GetFile(C) s = f.PrintOut End Sub thanks in advance Al alram wrote on 5/13/2010 : > If I have a dwg # in a sheet cell, how can I print that dwg. from excel vba. > This is as far as I got: (I need help with the last 3 lin...

FW: Check out the critical package from the MS
--fuaovwil Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="cjzvdgqaixyuup"; type="multipart/alternative" --cjzvdgqaixyuup Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="dljnxoefp" --dljnxoefp Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Consumer this is the latest version of security update, the "September 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to prote...

How do I check search for duplicate entries in an Excel spreadshe.
I have over 4,500 serial numbers on an Excel 2002 spreadsheet. How do I quickly check/search for duplicate entries? Hi see: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm#TaggingDuplicates -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany DC wrote: > I have over 4,500 serial numbers on an Excel 2002 spreadsheet. How > do I quickly check/search for duplicate entries? Do you want to search for duplicates or just get a list of Unique IDs. If the latter then just use Data / Filter / Advanced Filter, Tick copy to another location and tick unique IDs only, select another cell to dump them and ...

Printing problem in excel
Hello, I have a excel file which is formatted in such a way that 1:1 print matches the physical labels.( We have adjusted the height & width of cells.) Now my problem is when we print this excel from two different machines, prints are different, even though it is printed on same printer. My doubt is that it is related to aspect ratio/ screen resolution. When we print it from a machine with 17" square ( regular ) monitor prints are okay, but when we print is from machines with wide monitors prints are off. Can this happen? or am I missing something. Thanks in Advan...

how can you print only odd or even pages on a DJ 1220c
I know I did it before and know I can't find it. I am trying to print on both sides of the paper by printing first odds and then even pages. I am using excel 2000 in windows xp Hi Curtisgriffin Use this macro http://www.rondebruin.nl/print.htm#odd -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Curtisgriffin" <Curtisgriffin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A6B9664B-F438-44C5-BBE4-1588849EDC35@microsoft.com... >I know I did it before and know I can't find it. I am trying to print on > both sides of the paper by printing first odds an...

How do I change the template?
How do I change the excel worksheet that automatically opens when I start the program? You can create a workbook template named book.xlt and store it in your XLStart folder. If that file already exists, you can open it and modify it. If the file doesn't exist, just start a new one and save it to that XLStart folder. You can also create a workbook template named sheet.xlt and if you add a new worksheet to an existing workbook, excel will use this. (Save it in the same folder.) SnobbishJade wrote: > > How do I change the excel worksheet that automatically opens when I start th...

Convert xlusrgal.xls to Excel 2007 Chart Templates
I have some users who used the xlusrgal.xls file stored in C:\Documents and Settings\<user name>\Application Data\Microsoft\excel to store their own chart templates in Excel 2003. This doesn't seem to work in Excel 2007, and I see they have replaced it by Chart templates (.crtx). These chart templates need to be stored in a 'Charts' folder underneath the regular template path. The issue I have is that we lock down the template path for the firm (both user and shared), but we want to allow users to create their own chart templates by storing them to their profile as ...

Check CRM user role
I need to do something that seems pretty easy and there is even some sample code in the SDK -- but I can't figure out how to read the results of the code. "Retrieve the Roles for a User" sample code creates a collection object called "BusinessEntityCollection" but the sample code does not have any examples of reading the roles from the collection. I am not a C# expert and I am racking my brain try to figure this out. Can someone please show me how to read the collection or tell me a better way to check if the user belongs to a specific CRM role? Thank you!! ...

Linking Check boxes to rows in another column?
I currently have data in columns A through CQ. The problem I am having is that the cells in columns Q through CQ are all vlookups and when they change per the import data they are referenced to it sometimes shifts the rows on the sheet. Then the personal entries I make in columns A through P don't line up. When there is an update to the reference data I will often find my personal entries in each row for Columns A through P either above or below where they are suppose to be. How can I accomplish this goal? I have used this macro to place checkboxes in all of column A for e...

Printing only highlighted selection in MS Outlook email
I am trying to print ONLY a highlighted portion of an email; not all 300 pages! (Exaggeration) This is very aggravating. I need to highlight and print selection; how is this accomplished? GiJane <GiJane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am trying to print ONLY a highlighted portion of an email; not all > 300 pages! (Exaggeration) This is very aggravating. I need to > highlight and print selection; how is this accomplished? Usually when you change the message format to HTML you're able to print a selection. Open the message and click Edit>Edit Message, t...

error 91: checking OFSI table is current status for:frl_acct_type_
Hi! When generating FRx reports in report launcher, I keep getting the error "error 91: checking OFSI table is current status for: frl_acct_type_ctrl" in one company. The other companies that are set up in FRx does not have this kind of error. The knowledge base to solve this error did not help because I know I'm using the correct userid and password. I also rename the *.g32 files but nothing happens. All of the users are accessing one frx installation in a citrix environment. I already install service pack 6 for FRx but nothing happens. I hope someone can help me. Thanks...

Credit Card
What are the code/xml lines I should enter in the 40 col receipt properties or the xml file so that I have an indicator to inform me if the credit card was swiped or hand-entered? There is a tender.Swiped variable, but I don't know WHERE and WHAT XML lines I shoul enter in the XML file to take advantage of this. ...

Creating a new worksheet from a template
I would like to press a button on one worksheet and create a ne worksheet that conforms to a template. However: 1) this is for a series of people who do not work centrally and who ar not technical i.e. the solution needs to be self-contained within m workbook and not involve the creation of xlst templates that have t sit in a certain place on the hard drive. 2) These worksheets will have a series of fields that relate t 'activities'. The user can chose to spawn worksheets for one or mor activities. I would like a summary sheet to add all the activit information from as many activit...

what stops a document from printing when printer ok?
I have a document that appears to be ok and I can send it to our printer but it will not print. If I try and manually feed the document the first page only goes through and this is blank. Document is 'within printable margins' and I cannot see anything wrong with it. I can send other documents to the printer - it is only one document I have a problem with HELP!!!! Is the text formatted as hidden? Is the text in a text box and you do not have the print drawings option selected? Does it display in print preview? -- <>>< ><<> ><<...

Changes to global template
Every time I close Outlook XP, I get a window that says that changes have been made to the normal template. No matter what I do, accept, reject or just cancel, this happens every time. I do not knowingly make any changes to the template (I use Word as the e-mail editor) and this has only recently started to occur. Any clues? sounds like a macro virus dude. If your using word, You will need to delete your normal.dot file from your local machine, don't worry, the next time you open word it will re-create this file. But before you use word again..run a couple of anti-virus prog...

Printing jpg file???
Hi all, with a non-Doc/View mfc project I have to print a jpg file. It is going to be so simple. When I cl�ck a button, the application will open a pre-defined jpg file and it will send it to default printer? I need help and sample code about this issue??? Help please... Thanks in advance Brav "BravoX" <puero@kornelya.com> wrote in message news:%23FxzyzlPFHA.1268@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Hi all, > with a non-Doc/View mfc project I have to print a jpg file. > It is going to be so simple. When I cl�ck a button, the application will > open a pre-defined jpg...

Printing problems, from my application only
Hello - access runtime 2003. XP I have an application that runs on a network computer. Recently i have a problem with the printing from the applcation. The computer that can't print from my application, is capable of printing from other office program such as word etc. the application can print to pdf file. the problem happens like this: the application opens a report, print it, close it. the report reaches the printer - and then the printer get stuck, there is no way to release it but turn it off and then on again. If anyone has an idea how to solve this issue - I would be ...

How do you input savings transfers from checking to savings?
I'll probably find out that this was somethgin simple all along but: How do you categorize transfers from Checking to Savings, if you automatically download all of your transactions from your bank? I have $100 automatically transfer from my checking account to savings, every friday. In effect, paying myself about $400 a month that just gets put away. I don't follow whether that should be counted as Income or Expense. What type? Is it an expense from checking and treated as income in Savings? Similarly, I'm enrolled in the Band of America "Keep the Change" program. ...

Template Customized Save Locations
Hello: I have several templates i have created in word. I need each template to save in a different location. For example: 1) Template 1 will auto default to save in my documents. 2) Template 2 will auto default to save in my photos. Is there a way to have a auto default option for indviduale ms word templates? Thank you very much Vinny Word will start with the documents folder set in Word options file locations, until you open a document from a different folder which will then become the active folder until you either change the folder or re-start Word. However yo...

Printing Multiple Sheets
I know that I've done this in the past without any problems, but I'm using a new (to me) computer running Excel 2003, and am having trouble printing multiple sheets at the same time. I'm trying to select 2-3 tabs and printing them all as a group. The advantage is that page numbers in the footer reflect the group of sheets vs. each individual one. It's also very helpful when converting to PDF. The problem I'm having is that the 2nd page is not printing properly. The right column is being cutoff. I've checked the print range several times, and it&#...