Table question

I have WinXP.  I created a Table in WordPerfect (6.1) and then opened it up
in Word (2003) so I could send it to some people who only have Word.   In
both instances (WP and Word), there is a blank page at the end that I don't
know how to get rid of.  Doing Delete on the last table page, or Backspace
on the blank page, doesn't work because the cursor is inside the table at
the end.   Any suggestions would be appreciated.  Thanks!

0
Joy

"Joy" <joymp2@nospambellsouth.net> wrote in message
> I have WinXP.  I created a Table in WordPerfect (6.1) and then opened it
> up in Word (2003) so I could send it to some people who only have Word.
> In both instances (WP and Word), there is a blank page at the end that I
> don't know how to get rid of.  Doing Delete on the last table page, or
> Backspace on the blank page, doesn't work because the cursor is inside the
> table at the end.   Any suggestions would be appreciated.  Thanks!

If you have "Formatting Marks" turned on so that you can see the Paragraph
Marks, you will notice that there is a Paragraph Mark following the table.
Highlight the Paragraph Mark and format the font to the smallest size
possible and make sure that there isn't any space Before the Paragraph Mark
in the Paragraph formatting.

If the last page still show up, you may have to make slight adjustments to
the size of the table and/or to the size of the Footer and if you have them.

0
Bogey
12/14/2009 2:45:24 PM
Thanks for the reply, but when I went back to view the table (in both WP and
Word), that extra page wasn't there!

"Bogey Man" <spam@kwic.com> wrote in message

> "Joy" <joymp2@nospambellsouth.net> wrote in message
>> I have WinXP.  I created a Table in WordPerfect (6.1) and then opened it
>> up in Word (2003) so I could send it to some people who only have Word.
>> In both instances (WP and Word), there is a blank page at the end that I
>> don't know how to get rid of.  Doing Delete on the last table page, or
>> Backspace on the blank page, doesn't work because the cursor is inside
>> the table at the end.   Any suggestions would be appreciated.  Thanks!
>
> If you have "Formatting Marks" turned on so that you can see the Paragraph
> Marks, you will notice that there is a Paragraph Mark following the table.
> Highlight the Paragraph Mark and format the font to the smallest size
> possible and make sure that there isn't any space Before the Paragraph
> Mark in the Paragraph formatting.
>
> If the last page still show up, you may have to make slight adjustments to
> the size of the table and/or to the size of the Footer and if you have
> them.

0
Joy

after input, IF THEN to compare 2 #s & select answer fm a table
Using Word 2003, I would like to create a cell in a table. I want the user to enter a number in the cell. I want word to reference another table and find the cell or row where that number fits in. Example: I have a table with four cells. Cell A1 has 1-10 in it. Cell A2 has 11-20 in it. Cell B1 has 'YES' in it, and cell B2 has 'NO' in it. Then, I have another table or possibly, I add a row below the first table. It has three cells. In cell A1 I have text reading: Enter a number between 1 and 20. Cell B1 is where the number will be entered. Cell C1 is wh...

Pivot table numbers turn into dates on refresh
This mystery occurrance has happened to me before but I can't remember how to correct it. Any one with similar experience and a solution please? Visit www.ExcelGoodies.Com...

Question about autocoloring cells?
Hi all, I have a question about autocoloring cells, rows, columns, etc. This is not about conditional formatting - it's about, for example, coloring every other row automatically per some function or style setup. The example I have is a row-based database of recruiters. As my contacts list grows and shrinks, I have been having to manually recolor every other row light blue for visibility purposes. Not that much of a hassle but (a) I'd prefer not to do it and (b) if Excel has a way to do it for me, so much the better, I learn a new feature of Excel. Is there a way that Excel can a...

Copy to a Word Table
Hi I am trying to write some vba code in Excel 2007 to paste a range into a Word (either 2003 or 2007) table. My code so far, selects the correct table and selects the top (blank) row in the table. I cannot get the next part correct. I need to: 1. Insert the correct number of rows in the Word table to accommodate the Excel data. I have used noRows = Selection.Rows.Count 2. Select those rows that have been inserted and paste the data to these rows. When doing this manually it seems to produce the best results, rather than paste as a nested table etc. Any suggestions of the corre...

Basic Pivot Table Question (using 97)
Prior to a week ago I had never heard the term "Pivot Table." I am now working on building a fairly complex workbook and I am thinking that maybe some of what I am doing might be best accomplished using one, but I don't actually understand what it is, or what it does. The various lookup functions just don't seem to be strong/flexible enough for what I am doing. Would someone please explain in "plain english" what a pivot table is and what it does/allows you to do. All the information I have seen seem to assume the possession of this basic knowledge, an...

Novice Question
Ok, firstly, sorry for the very general question! Basically, I have coded a program using MFC. It is Dialog Based and consists of some textfields and a few buttons. My program is called DCP and the App Wizard created a DCP.cpp and DCPDlg.cpp files for me (and a few others). The bulk of the functionality of my program is written in the DCPDlg.cpp file - is this correct? For example, when I created a button and clicked on it in the resource (dialog) view it automatically puts a function for it in the DCPDlg.cpp file i.e. void CDCPDlg::OnButtonPrint() { // Do some stuff here } I have ne...

Delete Rows from Data Table
I used the dummy columns method to create a 2 axes column chart and it worked great! However, I want to be able to show the data table with the chart, but I don't want the 2 dummy columns to show up on the table. I try right- clicking on the chart to delete those 2 rows that I don't want from the table, but it doesn't allow me to clear it. Any ideas? Data tables are hard to work with. You have limited formatting options, and you can't have data in the chart that doesn't show up in the data table. You could make your own data table in the worksheet range under the ...

Importing Journal Entries Using Table Import
Hello I am doing some research to see which methods would work best for importing journal entries created in a third-party application into Great Plains. So far I've completed the process using the integration manager and now I am researching the table import method. The table import process is causing me some problems because I cannot get the account numbers to import. There is a typo in the GL Transacton Entry SDK document I have, so I am trying to work around it. I am not an Engineering, my background is more of end-user. If someone has some suggestions on how to map to the ac...

OWA Question #19
Hello All: We have a public folder containing a shared address book. I would like to have this available in owa in teh drop down menu where the global address list appears......just as it is when using outlook locally. Is there anyway to accomplish this? Thanks ...

how to rotate excel table in word
I insert a excel worksheet in word and like to rotate it Select the area in the worksheet you want to move to Word. While hold down the shift key, pull-down Edit > Copy Picture. In Word, just paste. Because the item is now a picture, you can use the drawing toolbar to rotate it to any desired angle -- Gary''s Student "dro" wrote: > I insert a excel worksheet in word and like to rotate it Thanks, its working just fine for me. "Gary''s Student" wrote: > Select the area in the worksheet you want to move to Word. While hold down > the ...

VB reference to table field
I've got this code, but I need to figure out the syntax for the !COMMENT part. I want it to refer to the master table's COMMENT field. This code, however is in the main form. I've tried [Tables]!Table1.Comment among others, but it gives an error. Any help? Thanks!!! With Me.RecordsetClone .AddNew !Name = Me.Name !DOB = Me.DOB !COMMENT = .Update "Mark1" <Mark1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote > I've got this code, but I need to figure out the syntax for the !COMMENT ...

Producing combined table grouped by categories
Hi! I have two tables: Categories and Expenses. Categories table has 3 fields: CategoryID CategoryName CategoryDescription 1 Stationaries Office materials, pens, paper, etc. 2 Petrol Petrol for company vehicles 3 Vegetables Expenses related to vegetables 4 Fruits Expenses related to fruits 5 Utilities Gas, electricity, water, etc Expenses table has 4 fields: ExpenseID CategoryID ExpenseName AmmountSpent 4 ...

Installation question
Hello, I was requested to downgrade a computer at my office to XP. I used a keyfinder to locate the product key for her office installation since the packaging could not be found. I noticed that the product was Office Pro Plus 2007. There is no install disk for Pro Plus 2007 in the office, only for Pro 2007. I did a test run on a spare computer just to verify it would work with her product key, and it shows invalid. Will the product key only work when installing with Pro Plus or did I just copy it down incorrectly? Thanks for any help. Seth Office Pro Plus is a Volume...

More than one Table
I have an Old table TABLE 1 in an application which has a check fields CHK1, CHK2 in it. I have recently upgraded the application so that the check field are now a series of records in a sub-form TABLE 2. QUESTION I want to increment through TABLE 1 one record at a time, then run a conditional statement to see if CHK1, CHK2 is yes in each respective check field and if it is I want to open TABLE 2 and add record to TABLE 2 so that reflects the respective CHKn. My question is can 2 recordsets be open simultaneously and if so how do I swap between the 2 so that my VBA applic...

Question about the duplicate mail
Do anyone have the question about the duplicate mail? I have question on it. When I send mail to two same address, the receiver will only receive one copy. (For example: I send mail to person 'A', 'B'. And 'B' will forward to 'A'). In the past(I have use another mail server), 'A' will receive two copy. Now (using exchange server) 'A' will receive only one copy. In the case, is it normal for exchange, or is there any option to set exchange server to receive two copy. This is normal. Prevents multiple copies when sending to multiple disti...

Pivot tables #24
I received a pivot table, how can I change it back into the actual source data that was used to create the pivot table Make sure none of the items in the page, row or column fields are hidden. Double-click on the Grand Total cell (A maximum of 65536 records from the source data will be returned) Deo wrote: > I received a pivot table, how can I change it back into > the actual source data that was used to create the pivot > table -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

Charts and data tables different info
I want 6 lines of data in my table, but only 3 of those 6 lines in my chart- how to I do that? Hi, You need to include all 6 in the chart in order to populate the data table. You can then format 3 to have no Line style. This will remove them from the chart. You can also remove individual legend entries by selecting and deleting them. Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "loller" <loller@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A674EC69-01E6-491A-BDBF-925A6AB35565@microsoft.com... >I want 6 lines of data in my table, but o...

One more question... not quite as idiotic
I've gotten the numerical problem handled, and now I have a differen hitch in the getalong. I have a table in Access and I need to get all the info from the Exce spreadsheet into this table. It won't let me cut and paste the whol thing, maybe because I don't have the same number of rows. I can't seem to get Excel to create new rows for me unless I add the one at a time (and I'm not doing that 2500 times), and I'm not sure ho in the world to get this data over there. Arrgghhh... Any ideas? Thanks in advance, Wheele -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com...

Emial routing question
We've been told that CRM cannot route internal to internal emails only external to internal even though there is an Exchange component. Is this true? If not, how is the internal to internal routing done? Thanks in advance frankm The Exchange Router only interogates inbound SMTP traffic. As a result, it will not see internal email. I remember someone talking on the group awhile back about using some sort of routing rules and another Exchange box outside the firewall to force some routing, but not sure how it was done. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------...

Data from tables
Okay. Think I wasn't clear. Have a table called FDA that contains tons of data. Have table called Log Have table called Daily totals Have a query called Foods_qry The source for the form is the query. The source for the field called Food is the table FDA. This is what I did based on what you said... With Me.RecordsetClone .FindFirst "[Calories] = " & Me.Food If Not .NoMatch Then Me.Bookmark = .Bookmark End If I get an error: Run Time Error '3077' Syntax error (comma) in expression. It points to .FindFirst "[Calori...

Windows Active Directory Interview Questions
Here i have gathered some of the most important interview questions on Windows Active Directory Services. These are related to Windows 2003 AD environment. Please click on the following link to see them http://www2.isupportyou.net/2010/07/some-windows-active-directory-interview.html Cherry wrote: > Here i have gathered some of the most important interview questions > on Windows Active Directory Services. These are related to Windows > 2003 AD environment. Please click on the following link to see > them > http://www2.isupp0rty0u.net/2o1o/o7/s0me-wind0ws-active-dire...

Pivot Tables #30
Doeas anyone know where I can find some basic info on pivot tables? I want to learn the basics. Is there a website with a tutorial that anyone knows about? Thank you, Karen See Debra Dalgleish's intro: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Pivots/pivotstart.htm In article <72154F80-7A1A-4DE0-8BA6-B1273C65C9F0@microsoft.com>, "Karen" <Karen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Doeas anyone know where I can find some basic info on pivot tables? I want > to learn the basics. Is there a website with a tutorial that anyone knows > about? > > Thank...

Using data from one table in another form?
Hi, I have 2 tables.. one called procedures and one called appointments. The appointments has the following fields AppDate AppStartTime (Declared as date/time with a short time format) AppEndTime (Declared as date/time with a short time format) AppDuration (Declared as date/time with a short time format) AppNotes and the Procedures table has.. PrcName PrcDuration (same as above) I also have a Form for Appointments with a dropdown combo box that lets me choose a pre-defined procedure from the list. What i would like is for the AppDuration to be automatically populated when I choose a p...

Newbie and use of lookup question?
I hope I posted this question in the right forum this time. I am newbie here and is having hard time in doing this. I have an excel workbook which has two sheets Grp1 and Grp2 within these sheets i have unit and id columns, what I am trying to do is find out the combination of unit and id column which is on Grp1 but not on Grp2 tab. Can I use the Lookup function for this.Could you all please help? -- manasi ------------------------------------------------------------------------ manasi's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27411 View this thread: ht...

Table of Contents for Files
Does anyone know of a way to populate a column with the names of files that exist in a folder? I would like to use this to create a table of contents for folders. --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi! "eggman4 >", Open "Notepad" and Select next-vbs-code, and Copy it , then Paste it to new notepad file, then save-as any name with extension of .vbs ( For example ListupFolderInXLS.vbs ) and make shortcut onto the Desktop.... *** After making this code file with ,vbs extention You can use it anytime you want. 1. you select any folder, 2. and dr...