Subtleties of color differences are insane for male users

Your color designers have made the Office programs much too difficult to use
for many men.

I have trained users in Office products for 15 years.  Each new version of
the Office programs has been made more difficult than its predecessor to see
and distinguish colors for male users.

Health professionals have confirmed my own observations that thirty percent
of men are color-blind.  I do not mean that they cannot distinguish
fire-engine red from royal blue.  Color-blind means that they cannot
distinguish pastels--light blue, light grey, light green--from each other.
They also cannot distinguish dark shades--dark blue, dark grey, dark green
from each other.  Bright primary colors are no problem.  Men can see,
distinguish, and name bright colors, but not pastels or shades, or slight
variations in colors.

This would be no problem if colors and contrasts were used in the programs
solely for decorative purposes, but it is a huge problem when they are used
to convey information.  These problems are rampant in important features
throughout all of the Office programs, but I will provide just two examples.

First, is the title bars of active versus inactive windows.  Second, is the
Excel sheet tabs of the active versus inactive sheets.  The active title bar
formerly was a bright blue contrasted with the grey of the inactive title
bar.  In  the latest versions, the active and inactive title bars are
indistinguishable.  The Excel sheet tabs formerly were clearly white or
clearly grey, but now the active and inactive sheet tabs are
indistinguishable.

Women possess perfect color perception.  This is one of the many wonderful
qualities of women.

For men, however, Microsoft is causing massive confusion for the thirty
percent of men who do not possess perfect color perception.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=9c63c643-b904-46bc-a1f6-2cf7d96ca577&dg=microsoft.public.office.misc

how to add a resource from a different project in to existing one
I created one project with so many dialogs. But now I hav eto go for another project as there is change in userinterface but much of the dialogs will be useful to me. Is there any short cut so that I can use that project resource in to my project. I am in VS 8.0 Pls guide. Thanks If the dialogs can be reused in both projects, you could wrap these in a dll (resource only or a regular MFC dll). Another option would be to cut paste the resources in resource editor. --- Ajay Bhargs wrote: > I created one project with so many dialogs. > But now I hav eto go for another project as there is...

How to delete user mailbox
Since I no longer have 5.5 installed (up'd to 2K) I had a friend ask how to delete a user mailbox and cannot for the life of me remember the interface for 5.5 and how to do that. Can someone give me the step by step to delete a mailbox cleanly? Thx select the mailbox in the Exchange Admin program and hit the delete key... "aaa" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1380c01c44417$2d87fd40$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Since I no longer have 5.5 installed (up'd to 2K) I had a > friend ask how to delete a user mailbox and cannot for > the lif...

too many different formatting cells
I can't open an excel document because whem I try to open it says that too many different formatting cells. How to resolve this and open this document? Maybe... XL: Error Message: Too Many Different Cell Formats http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=213904 A few people have said that OpenOffice.Org has been able to open the file. Then they clean it up and save it there. Then excel can open that cleaned up version. http://www.openoffice.org, a 60-104 meg download or a CD jo wrote: > > I can't open an excel document because whem I try to open it says that too >...

Big difference in performance
I wrote a class on which I perform unit-testing before integration in the main development line, the unit-testing and main dev being two separate projects. I wrote a routine which constructs a data structure in the class, which uses CArrays, vectors, and the nth_element routine from STL, with the routine being recursive. Now, in the unit-test project, the routine takes ~3-4 seconds to execute. In the main development code, it takes ~70 seconds to execute. This is measured for the routine itself (no setup or cleanup), same data as input, same computer, and both projects compiled for debug. ...

Difference between XML templates and Active Reports
Why does RMS use XML templates (for receipts and P.O.s) and for most other reports Active Reports? I realize that the XML receipts can not be changed or resorted on the preview screen, but why use not all active reports? Active reports are based on formating the results of a SQL Query - if you can work out the SQL to get the result set you want, you can create almost any report you want. The XML Templates are based on objects internal to RMS, like the current transaction for reciept printing, the active PO or Transfer request for PO prining, or a given customer for Statements. Y...

User Name prompts
Hi, I am using Microsoft Outlook 2002 and have a two word username separated by a space. I have been having this problem with Outlook wherein I have entered my username and password in the account setup process, but it still prompts me for it whenever it is checking for new messages. Also, when it prompts, it shows the username without the space. Does Outlook not accept usernames with space, because I tried changing the original settings many times, but every time I open the Edit window of email accounts, I see my user name without space. ...

Pie Chart color
Hi, Excel 2003. I have a 3 series pie-chart, I simply want to change the color of ONE of the 3 slices in the way I want. Thanks for help. Click the slice; pause; click the slice again, it should now have 'handles' around it. Use Format | Data POINT in menu (if it say Data SERIES, try again) best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps from email "Freightliner" <freightliner2006@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:87a8c3a5-2d6e-43d2-a0ec-7aa1b25c1296@8g2000hse.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > Excel 2003. I...

Automatically display set text based on users composition
Hi, im trying to do something really simple, trouble is i dont know what the feature's called to be able to search for tips on how to do it. Basically in outlook messages, when a user begins writing a sentence e.g. "in the terms of" i need a tag to pop up that allows the user to press enter and then the remainder of what they will want to type in will be inserted in, its a yellow tag that comes up above the words. i dont know where it needs to be created and enabled. Cheers, Rhys. ...

Color Laserjet Printers
Hi, We want to purchase an HP3505 to use with Dynamics GP 9.0. It is not on the compatiblity list. Is anyone out there using this now? Does anyone have any recommendations for a color laserjet that they are using now with Dynamics GP 9.0? TIA, Laura Laura, We don't have anyone using a 3505, but we do have a customer using an HP Color LaserJet 2840 and it works just fine with GP. I haven't yet seen a problem with GP and any HP printer. The compatibility list typically only has a few models that are even being sold today, so I find it not to be very helpful. Please let us...

Excel
Excel is the only application that I use in Windows that wipes out the clipboard after I paste. I often need to past the same information multiple times and I wishthere was an option box that allowed me to keep the clipboard after every past ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree&quo...

Tables and banding color in background
I am creating a template where many tables will need to be used. Our standard is to have banding of rows in the table, and when users want to expand the table, I would like them to be able to have the banding automatically occur. This option appears in Word 2007, but does not function well. Has anyone had success with this functionality? Thanks in advance for your help. Color banding can be applied as part of a table style. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "sharon27lily" <sharon27lily@di...

Users not showing up??
I'm having trouble adding users and mailboxes in Exchange 2003. My Exchange 2003 box is connected to a Windows 2003 DC. On the Exchange box, whenever I add a user in the Active Directory, it shows up as an account, and all the Exchange tabs are assigned to the user....however under Exchange System Manager no mailbox is created...even though I've run Exchange Tasks in the AD on that same box. Is it because I have to somehow sync the AD on the Exchange box to the DC, or is it something else? Please help!! On Mon, 8 Aug 2005 15:42:02 -0700, "Scott S." <ScottS@discussio...

re-enabled user, now can't access mail container
i have a user who's account was disabled, i enabled the user and i changed the users password. i then logged in as that user and setup her outlook xp for her exchange account thinking i could then access the user's mail. however i get an error message: Unable to open your default e-mail folders. The attempt to log onto the Microsoft Exchange Server computer has failed. (Exchange) Any Ideas? I have to forward messages to my boss. TIA, Mike Hello Mike, Go to control panel and click on mail, that is where you will verify user account for exchange. Lowell "Mike Smith...

Multi User Application
Hi to all, I am new to access develop applications. I created application for multi user idea I want my application can be accessed by multi users. So I want to know how to distribute or let them access from my computer. I have static ip address 172.28.34.115 and created application in shared the folder. Users have access runtime 2007. Access 2007 used to develop 5 users to connect the database application Please guide me how multi users can access my application with all rights. They can do data entry as well as run query/report. -- Pankaj On Fri, 12 Feb 2010 02:53:01...

Multiple Users for office #2
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Hi, if I have office:2008 installed on my imac and I set up a new user (one of may staff has left and the new person is using the same machine) how do I get office to appear in the list of applications? I am hoping i dont have to reinstall given it is the same licence being used, just by a new person. All help much appreciated CSR > Hi, if I have office:2008 installed on my imac and I set up a new user (one of may staff has left and the new person is using the same machine) how do I get office to appear in the...

Non local users
Hi all Our company is going to use Exchange 2003 server as our primary mail server. People can send mails via it and they also can receive mails from exchange. Problem is that also non local users can send mails via our server. It is not nice if somebody is using your server as spam server. Could someone advise me how I can block non local users to send mails via our server? Thanks Topi Look at the following links, HOW TO: Prevent Unsolicited Commercial E-Mail in Exchange 2000 Server http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;319356 HOW TO: Prevent Exchange 2000 from Being...

re replicate adc user accounts
Hello all, Some time ago during a migration from exchange 5.5 to exchange 2003. Some of our users were deleted after they were replicated over using the ADC, after contacting microsoft they instructed us to gointo exchange 5.5 admin.exe /r in raw mode and modify a attribute, and then replicate adc and your users will replicate over. I cant seem to remember what these attribute changes were could sombody point me in the right direction. The following KB describes the fix for your issue. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;256862 Stephen Shanks "Brian B" &...

Mail addressed to user delivered to domain
Hi Guys, My client is running SBS2003 and exchange SP1 I have had a meeting request from an external source sent to a user in the organisation. It has then been received by all users within the organisation. I have opened the meeting request and it is only addressed to the user. I have checked the exchange logs and it clearly shows the message received by everyone, then an NDR sent for any users who were disabled. I am at a loss to explain how this could occur. Does anyone have any ideas? On Sun, 5 Mar 2006 23:30:08 -0800, Thorny <Thorny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >...

RPC Error: creating mail in child domain from mmc User and computer.
Hello, I've an active directory on windows 2000, connected to several childs domains. In my father network i've an exchange 2003. Before i could create mail adress in my child domain from the mmc "user and computer" of my exchange server in my father domain. But now when i want to do " task exchange" on a user i get error : "RPC server is not avaiable, error id : c00706ba...." c00706ba". I don't know if this error is due to the exchange SP1, because i'didn't create new mail account for several month. Someone could help me. Forgive my ba...

How to validate User ID creation date in Windows XP
Is there a way to validate the creation date of local User IDs in Windows XP/2003? m_bk wrote: > Is there a way to validate the creation date of local User IDs in Windows > XP/2003? You could query the Security Log but you will only get the information if the log was setup to record events 624 and providing that the log wasn't purged or overwritten: cscript c:\windows\system32\eventquery.vbs /L security /FI "id eq 624" Other than that verifying the creation date on the user's profile folder is the only way that I know of to get the information. ...

how do I change list order in color catagory assignment in office
only 15 color catagories can be displayed in color assignment in office outlook 2007. I wish to change the order of the list. I tried to number them 1-15, but it did not change the list. It did show 10-15 in the top of the list, and 1-9 on the bottom. I wish it to show them in order of 1-15, not necessarily with numbers, but with the color and catagory that I have assigne to them. any help would be appreciated THNX ...

how can i color points in a plot with a third data series?
i have 3 columns of data, i would like one as x, one as y, and one as the color of the points. is this possible? You may wish to visit Jon's site http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/index.html to get more familiar with Excel cahrting. Then come back and get any extra help needed best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps from email "aaron" <aaron@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:70D745A9-7F7C-4222-8562-1480EC930077@microsoft.com... > i have 3 columns of data, i would like one as x, one as y,...

Migrating users
Hi, In my datasource for my migration, there are users linked to records that are no longer in the company. The migration framework guide indicates that to migrate users they must have a domain\username, license, security role. I need to put users into CRM that do not have a license as they are not with the company anymore, but I want to maintain that historical link of those employees to cases they handled while here. Is there a way to migrate the data in this fashion? Thanks, Rick. ...

IF two different conditions are met
How do I enter a formula where two different conditions have to be met? I have a date in G3 and either "complete" or "incomplete" in H3. I wan to put a formula in I3 that states if G3 has a date and H3 i "complete" then return "Yes" otherwise return "No". Can it be done -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi try =IF(AND(ISNUMBER(G3);H3="complete");"Yes";"No") -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > How do I enter a formula where two different conditions have to be > met? > > ...

Sending Word attachments to AOL and/or Mac users
When I send an email from my Outlook to people who use aol and to people who use a Mac, they can't open the .doc Word or .xls Excel attachments. They get only a .dat file which they can't open. What do I need to do as the sender so they can open/read the attachments? rebecca wrote: > When I send an email from my Outlook to people who use aol > and to people who use a Mac, they can't open the .doc Word > or .xls Excel attachments. They get only a .dat file > which they can't open. What do I need to do as the sender > so they can open/read the attachment...