Sub Procedure for File Save As PDF or XPS menu option

Hi,

I need to give a message to the user once he/she clicks on the File Save As
PDF or XPS menu option in Word 2007.

I have tried with Sub FileSavePdfOrXps() but it is not working.

Can any one let me know which is the exact sub procedure which is invoked?
Thanks in advance.

You haven't placed any of the code you tried in the Sub, so it would be hard
to troubleshoot.

Have you used the Office 2007 Developer Reference on MSDN? It's really
great. Perhaps you can customize what happens when someone uses that
command--there may be other ways to accomplish your objective.

Here's a link to the Word Developer Reference:

Here's a link to how you might modify a Word command:

Hopefully that will get you going.

--
Susan Ramlet
--

"gsbakshi" <gsbakshi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I need to give a message to the user once he/she clicks on the File Save
> As
> PDF or XPS menu option in Word 2007.
>
> I have tried with Sub FileSavePdfOrXps() but it is not working.
>
> Can any one let me know which is the exact sub procedure which is invoked?
> Thanks in advance.

0
Susan
2/20/2010 3:05:32 PM
Hi Susan,

Thaks for replying. I did go through both the links provided by you but
could not get an answer to my question.

I am trying to figure out the Sub Procedure for File Save As PDF or XPS menu
option so that i can display a customized message in clicking this menu
option.

I have tried the following Sub Procedures:

Sub FileSaveAsPdfOrXps()
MsgBox "Hi."
End Sub

Sub FileSavePdfOrXps()
MsgBox "Hi."
End Sub

Sub AdvertisePublishAs()
MsgBox "Hi."
End Sub

But none of the procedures are being invoked on click of the menu option.

Please let me know which is the correct Sub Procedure that is invoked when
we click Save As PDF or XPS menu option.

Thanks in advance.

Gurpreet.

"Susan Ramlet" wrote:

> You haven't placed any of the code you tried in the Sub, so it would be hard
> to troubleshoot.
>
> Have you used the Office 2007 Developer Reference on MSDN? It's really
> great. Perhaps you can customize what happens when someone uses that
> command--there may be other ways to accomplish your objective.
>
> Here's a link to the Word Developer Reference:

> Here's a link to how you might modify a Word command:

> Hopefully that will get you going.
>

> --
> Susan Ramlet
> --
> please reply to the newsgroup so all may benefit.
>
> "gsbakshi" <gsbakshi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > I need to give a message to the user once he/she clicks on the File Save
> > As
> > PDF or XPS menu option in Word 2007.
> >
> > I have tried with Sub FileSavePdfOrXps() but it is not working.
> >
> > Can any one let me know which is the exact sub procedure which is invoked?
> > Thanks in advance.

SQL 2005 Saving Stored Procedures and Saving / Implementation
I am not totally familiar with the proper terminology and I really appreciate help with the following problem: My two databases, originally from a third party, have over 250 stored procedures each. I have changed about 150 of them in one database. Due to the testing and implementation requirements of the application, I need to save these stored procedures from the one database, restore the two databases according to what I received from the third party, and then implement my stored procedure changes onto the two restored databases. Any suggestions as to easiest and most foolpro...

Missing file
I'm getting an error message telling me I'm missing C:\Windows\system 32\mshtml.hlp. How can I get a copy of the file? The message appears whenever I try to save a picture from a newsgroup. Jeff -- "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity." Richard Feynman Nobel Prize Physicist IE version? Jeff Stanton wrote: > I'm getting an error message telling me I'm missing C:\Windows\system > 32\mshtml.hlp. How can I get a copy of the file? The message appears > whenever I try to save a picture from a newsgrou...

Proper Backup Procedure
I have GP 9.0 SP-2 running on SQL 2005 SP-2 on an HP Server. Can anybody recommed the proper backup procedure using ntbackup for the whole system. I also have Symantec Backup Exec 12 with SQL Agent. Thanks! Hi Create_share in My opinion, with your setup i would do the following: 1) create an SQL maintainance plan that backed up all of you DB's on a nightly basis. This solves 2 issues, it commits the transaction logs and it also creates a backup of the DB as file. 2) backup the backup files created by the SQL maintenance plan. you can put this on tape or another secure location. ...

Stored procedure wont insert Fields, RadioButtonLists and CheckBox
Hello Community I have a CheckBox and a RadioButtonList and fields on an aspx web page form. I pass the fields on the form to a method that creates the parameters and executes a stored procedure and the stored procedure is supposed to insert this information as a row into a table. For some reason the stored procedure executes but the row does not get inserted. I can’t see why the row doesn’t get inserted especially since I put BreakPoints in the code all along the way and I see the values just as they get passed into the stored procedure but maybe someone looking at this ...

Save As #6
After opening excel, try to do a "save as" and it always want to go back and save in XLSTART directory, rather than where all the excel work is saved. Please tell me what I have to tell Excel to only pull from XLSTART at the beginning but save as where it says in the options section. Maybe I'm not following but when you do a Save As Excel always defaults to the path the workbook was opened from. The Default File Location sets the current path when Excel starts but the current path follows each Open or Save As. -- Jim "John McCabe" <jlmccabes@cfl.rr.co...

Excel file takes a long time to save
I have a 1,000 x 15 straight worksheet with no formulas - about 100K. I went to auto-format a pattern, but didn't select the area and if formatted the entire spreadsheet. It's since gone from 5 seconds to 60 seconds per save and I can't reverse this, even by changing the auto-format setting to "none." I'm backed-up, but the current version is about three hours ahead and it will take longer to retrace the work by hand. Any suggestions? Thanks, Ben Try resetting the last used cell. Debra Dalgleish has some techniques at: http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#Un...

Autocomplete File Editor for NK2 file
Whew, At first I started writing to each person with a problem about this utility that I found to open and edit the NK2 file. I didn't know there would be so many so I thought I'd post this. The utility is called Owtlook File Editor It can be found at www.dcs-imaging.com/products.htm Good luck ...

Sub Menu in CTreeCtrl
Hi, are there any examples that add a sub menu showing when the user right clicks the tree item? thanks again. You could catch the WM_RBUTTONUP message and call following function: { CMenu menu; menu.CreatePopupMenu(); menu.AppendMenu(MF_STRING,1,"String 1"); menu.AppendMenu(MF_STRING,2,"String 2"); menu.AppendMenu(MF_STRING,3,"String 3"); menu.AppendMenu(MF_STRING,4,"String 4"); CPoint pt; GetCursorPos(&pt); int ret = menu.TrackPopupMenu(TPM_NONOTIFY | TPM_RETURNCMD,pt.x,pt.y,this); switch(ret) { ...

save only filtered results to csv/txt file
Excel 2000, Win98SE. I need to filter an xls file and then save only what is shown to a csv/txt file. The master xls file has new data added in a single import each day. Then I will have to filter the file 2 or 3 ways and save the filtered results to seperate csv/txt files, so I need to streamline the process. Also is there a means, comparable to scenarios, that I can use to set up different filtering combinations and then easily switch between them? Suggestions welcome. Thanks. -- Igor Igor You should be able to copy and paste the data to a new workbook and save that. Alternative...

Autonaming a PDF report?
Hiya, I am making my PDF report just fine but I would like to autoname the report and even the save location if I can. I have done this in the past but for the life of me cannot remember exactly how I did it. I am currently using the: DoCmd.OpenReport stDocName, acNormal with the stDocName being my specific PDF report with the PDF printer defined. I remember sticking my own file name in there somehow and it was easy to do. I saw the other ways on here to do it but all our computers already have Adobe Professional on it and it doens't have to be 100% user input free. thanks Th...

Signature option disappears when using word as e-mail editor
Hello, I've got a weird problem. When I try to use word as my e-mail editor, I lose the ability to add signature. As soon as I check the box to use word as my e-mail editor, the signatures buttons are greyed out. Any advice? Thanks! Jeff Jeff Brooks-Manas wrote: > Hello, > > I've got a weird problem. When I try to use word as my e-mail editor, > I lose the ability to add signature. As soon as I check the box to > use word as my e-mail editor, the signatures buttons are greyed out. > > Any advice? > > Thanks! > > Jeff The signature option within ...

Visio2k7 has two PDF export methods
I have a floorplan diagram that is 20"x20". On the diagram, there is metadata for the shapes of the offices that tells you the person's name, phone #, etc. When I use the "Publish as PDF or XPS", the Image is exported properly, as shown in the link below: http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/2676/error1kn6.jpg But none of the metadata comes across - and there's no option to include it either that I can find. However, if you use the "Convert to Adobe PDF" option, you get the opposite: http://img503.imageshack.us/img503/2893/error2ou8.jpg The i...

import pdf table

Excell2003 (SP-1) File > Save and File > Save As.. grayed out
Got a user who has Excell2003 and cannot File > Save or File > Save As... He can, however, ctrl-s to save spreadsheets. Any ideas? I"m clueless. JM ...

Multi-User Excel File on a Network Drive
How can I make an Excel file accessible to multiple users concurrently? With all able to make and save changes to the same file. Thanks, Mike "Mike" wrote > How can I make an Excel file accessible to multiple > users concurrently? With all able to make and save > changes to the same file. Tools / Share Workbook Jordon ...

Microsoft File Password Recovery
Hi All A friend and I at work have a file that we cannot open because it was password protected and we can't remember the password. Is someone able to recommend some free file open password breaker software? Otherwise, could I send the file to someone to open the file? For clarity, it is not within the excel worksheet or workbook, it is a password to open the excel file! With thanks Nick well if it was a workbook/sheet password, i'd say www.straxx.com as it' a free password add-in, very effective too. but if it's not one o those passwords, what is it? external? v...

How do I Insert 2C Mac EPS file into Publisher ?
In commercial printing we get a lot of logo's and other art that is created as a Mac EPS and I cannot seem to insert it into Publisher. What are the correct steps for doing this and for it to display. According to Pub 2003, you need a graphics filter to insert .eps files. The following is copied directly from the Help file: The Encapsulated PostScript (EPS) graphics filter (Epsimp32.flt) supports the Adobe Systems Encapsulated PostScript Specification versions 3.0 and earlier. The filter supports .eps images from Tagged Image File Format (.tif, .tiff) (Tagged Image File Format (TIF...

Multiple database files created
I have an Access 2007 database that resides on our company's server. The database tracks incoming and outgoing shipments and is used by several employees throughout the day. I've noticed that in the folder where the database resides several additional database files are created throughout the day with names like database.mdb, database1.mdb, database2.mdb, etc. Can anyone tell me why this is happening? The database was created with Access 2007 using the 2003 mdb file format, as most of the end users have Office 2003 applications. Ken Warthen kenwarthen@gmail.com 1. Turn off...

Public Folder File sizes
Hi We have a system whereby files from our students are routed to a public folder, so that everyone in the office can see them. However some of our more unenlightened students seem to be trying to send in emails with 9Mb attachments. (AGHHHH) The odd thing is that if they send them to a persobal mailbox, they seem to get thropugh, but if theu send them to a public folder, Exchange cant handle them, or at least we can see them being received, but then they are not delivered to the public folder. Is there something i need to do to get round this please? Thanks A Do you have Maximu...

Serach option
Hi All, I have 1000 records in access table. one field has some records like ... AECH, AUCH, BACH ESCH, DECH, DKCH GBCH, FRCH, EUCH HKCH, HRCH, ISCH ............................................. I need to run a query where above field contains "AE" or "EU" or "HR" I tried like "*AE" or Like "*EU" But i didn't get desired result. On Apr 19, 12:22=A0pm, "fi.or.jp.de" <fi.or.jp...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi All, > > I have 1000 records in access table. > one field has some records like ... > ...

What kind of savings instrument is this?
Forgive me: this is not really an Excel question. But I know there are a lot of savvy financial people lurking in these newsgroups. I hope one of you will be kind enough to respond. Someone described the following savings alternative offered by a bank. I cannot find any information on their web site. Can someone tell me what kind of a savings instrument this is ...? You contribute a fixed amount each month over a finite period (e.g, 5 years) for a fixed APR. You pay a penalty for early withdrawal. I am not sure about any other details about the plan. In fact, that is what I am looking...

Urgent! How to prevent Saving with VBA Visio?
Hi there, I am working on a small application in VBA Visio and i want to know i there's any way to prevent saving the document, as it exists in VB Word? As for example: Private Sub Workbook_BeforeSave(ByVal SaveAsUI As Boolean, Cancel As Boolean) Cancel = True End Sub Or something like that? with visio, the routine "BeforeDocumentSave" does not have the argumen "Cancel". Is there any one who can help me? Thanks a lot in advance! : -- avalon2 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- avalon27's Profile: http://www.officehelp.i...

my file still exists but is blank please help
I had a virus completely delete a file in my microsoft word 2000. It's old and I don't know what to do. The file name is still there but the text is blank, and I've tried several recovery progrms that haven't retrived it. Was hoping someone knew if word has its own back to retrieve things from and how to use it If the contents have been overwritten (and it certainly seems as if that is the case), there isn't anything you can do, I'm afraid. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "hanna" <hanna@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messa...

Compress an Excel File
I have an excel file that is 36 meg. Do you know how to compress the file? When I zip the file it drops to 3meg so I know it can be compressed. I beleive the file has become large due to the constent changes I need to make to the file. Help Please. Hi Mandy Maybe this will help? http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#Unused You can use Rob Bovey's Code cleaner to clean up your code http://www.appspro.com/utilities/utilities.asp -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Mandy" <mangelo@arbys.com> wrote in message news:42c401c47fa1$ddc405d0$a401280a@...

Closing multiple files independantly
When I have 2 seperate excel files open...and I click on the red 'x' on the top right on one of the files...both files close. How can I get it to only close the 1 file I'm clicking on? Thanks, Frank. Hi Frank, Look just below the red X; the three symbols (miminize, restore and close) are repeated but in a simpler format. These control a workbook while the top one control the Excel application. If you ever want to close all the file but leave Excel open, hold down Shift and open the File menu - look for a new item "Close All". Bernard "Frank DAlessandro" ...