Sharing Office 2007

Hi. I have two laptops at home. I usually use both, but sometimes my wife
uses one. I'd like to have Office 2007 installed on both, but cannot justify
the expense. Is it legal to have it installed on both with one license?
Thanks.

Yes.  The retail version is normally licensed for two systems; H&S for 3
systems; VLK on ## numbers of systems while hackers version is licensed
to be used on infinite number of systems.  A Microsoft Pig (or its
sympathizers) will tell you that an OEM version cannot be installed on
any systems other than it came with but I buy OEM versions and I install
it on any systems I like!

hth

crowbraid wrote:

> Hi. I have two laptops at home. I usually use both, but sometimes my wife
> uses one. I'd like to have Office 2007 installed on both, but cannot justify
> the expense. Is it legal to have it installed on both with one license?
> Thanks.
0
EN59CVH
3/8/2010 9:03:07 PM

"crowbraid" <crowbraid@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi. I have two laptops at home. I usually use both, but sometimes my wife
> uses one. I'd like to have Office 2007 installed on both, but cannot
> justify
> the expense. Is it legal to have it installed on both with one license?
> Thanks.

Totally depends on the license and the use of the Office suite.

Retail license says one primary device and one portable device for the
exclusive use of the primary user of the primary device (so that is two
computers but basically one operator on the second computer.) This version
(Pro, Small Business, Standard or Ultimate depending on your program
requirements) may suffice for your use as you would be the primary user on
both machines and the wife would be the sometime user for one computer.
This link gives what programs are within each suite
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/products/FX102464411033.aspx.  Search for
best prices but generally Amazon.com has excellent prices.  Purchase only
from reputable sources and eBay is not a reputable source for software.

Home and Student says three computers within the same household but not for
commercial use.

OEM says on one computer only and the license dies with the computer.

0
LVTravel

Outlook 2007 and Sharepoint Services 3.0 : Contact duplicated in t
Hi, I have installed the Outlook 2007 and configured for using SharePoint Contacts Library as a "Company wide" address list. The system works but in the Sharepoint contacs library all contact are duplicated by the system. the infrastructure is Windows SBS 2008 (with all service pack intalled) and Outlook 2007 with SP2 installed Thanks for any suggestion ...

2003 Macro not working in 2007
Can someone please help. I have macro for IE automation in 2003 but I do not know VBA. Here is the code that works in 2003 but will not run in 2007. Does anyone know what the new code would be for Excel 2007. This is the VBA code Dim objIE As Object Set objIE = CreateObject("InternetExplorer.Application") With objIE .Navigate "http://mywebsite.com" Do While .Busy: DoEvents: Loop Do While .ReadyState <> 4: DoEvents: Loop .Visible = True This is where Excel 2007 gets stuck. Do While .ReadyState <> 4: DoEvents: Loop Then it ge...

Finding a deleting duplicate emails in OL 2007
How can I find and delete duplicate messages in Outlook 2007? Thanks Bruce Bruce, you wrote on Sun, 19 Aug 2007 11:00:57 -0700: > How can I find and delete duplicate messages in Outlook 2007? http://www.mapilab.com/outlook/remove_duplicates/ -- Best Regards Christian Goeller http://www.outlookfaq.net ...

Sharing Accounts 07-19-05
I have problem, while trying to delete sharing of accounts. Sometimes it successful to unshare them, but sometimes it also can't be done. any security roles that covering this problem ? Thx in advanced. Best regards, Arwin ...

Not even Office Live Using Document Connection
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3331376369_11931625 Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit While others are saying they can use the SP2 version of Document Connection to Office Live but not Sharepoint I can�t even get connected to my Office Live Workspace which I have been using via the browser for a long time. I can't add my Office LIve Workspace location to Document Connection. The gear just spins and what�s almost as bad it...

Office 2004 update 11.3.9 weirdness
Installed Office 2004 update 11.3.9 when microsoft auto update pushed it down this morning. Any idea why it changed the name of my hard drive to "v bc"? Any idea what to do about that? mac book pro, OSX 10.4.10 In article <1194878374.217619.309200@19g2000hsx.googlegroups.com>, pattigibbons@nycap.rr.com wrote: > Installed Office 2004 update 11.3.9 when microsoft auto update pushed > it down this morning. Any idea why it changed the name of my hard > drive to "v bc"? Any idea what to do about that? > > mac book pro, OSX 10.4.10 The Office updat...

Accessing old emails from Outlook 2007 when downloading Windows 7
I cannot open outlook 2007 in my windows.old file after I downloaded windows 7 even after re-installing outlook 2007. It gives me an error mesage that says: outlook.exe - System error. "The program can't start because MSVCR80.dll is missing from your compter. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem." Is there anyway to access all my old email in my windows.old file? Isn't all my emails somewhere located on that file? You need to install Office/Outlook under win7 Configure Outlook Locate the *.pst file in windows old (possibly named outlook.pst) co...

Installing Money 2007 #2
I have Money 2003 on my computer and I just purchased Money 2007 Deluxe. Do I need to have the latest version and where can I find them so that i can use Money 2007. Everytime I try to install, I get a message telling me that I need the latest version or the Service Pack. Can someone tell me what I need to get this Deluxe installed. Thanks! In microsoft.public.money, JMacon wrote: >I have Money 2003 on my computer and I just purchased Money 2007 Deluxe. Do >I need to have the latest version and where can I find them so that i can use >Money 2007. Everytime I try to inst...

Excel 2007
Hi Is there anyway to replace the new Excel 2007 interface with the old interface, for example the menu items "Developer" "Addins", "Review" menus are irrelevant in the majority of spreadsheet cases we use. Using the old-style keysequence: Alt+T -> i to bring up the addins menu, I clicked upon: Analysis ToolPak Analysis ToolPak-VBA Conditional Sum Wizard etc. but after installing them,. nothing was shown under the "Addins" menu.... are they installed by default ... if so why would having doing the above, brought up the "Configuration Pro...

Russian menu for Office mac
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel How to enable Russian menu and toolbars for Office mac. When i choised Russian in Language dialog, i got message "install russian proofing tools". How can i get this tools? Mac Office doesn't have native language menus & toolbars for anything other than the language version you purchase. If you want Russian menus, etc. you need to purchase the Russian version [I'm pretty sure there is one.]. Also, I don't believe Russian proofing tools are included with the English version of Mac Office. There...

Out of office #19
MS OFFICE 2000 SR Pro How do I set up an "Out of office"message on Outlook 2000? All info please! If you don't connect to an Exchange server, there is no automatic out of office autoreply. You'd have to spoof it with rules, and note that this means leaving Outlook open, and connected to the internet, for the duration of your absence. See http://www.slipstick.com/rules/index.htm for help. Also see http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=196718 - it explains how to set up a template so that autoreply fires only once per sender (as Out of Office does) to avoid mail loops. Spence ...

What Level of Cryptography does MS Office 2010 OneNote offer?
The availability of Passwords in OneNote is commendable, however; what good is a Password if there is no Encryption/Cryptography behind it? So far, I have not been able to find any mention of Encryption for OneNote. Perhaps I am expecting too much? Perhaps OneNote relies on the Binary nature of its File Format for Encryption? Can anyone confirm the existence of some form of Cryptography like: AES, Blowfish, etc.? If OneNote does use Cryptography, what "Bit Level" (128, 256, etc.) is available? Thanks for any help. JWheat wrote: > The availability of Password...

Unable to sync a shared notebook
Hello all, I have a notebook stored on a laptop running Windows 7 in the standard OneNote location (My Documents\OneNote Notebooks). My "My Documents" folder is shared and I can access its contents from my Windows XP PC. I have opened the notebook on my laptop on my XP machine, thus creating a shared notebook. The notebook has been working fine for a while, but one day when editing a section on the XP machine, OneNote refused to sync that section, with the following error message: This section contains changes that cannot be synced because access to the section fi...

Opening Links from Outlook 2007
Some time ago, opening a link from an email message in OL2007 stopped working. What will work is if IE8 is closed, then the first link will open IE and the correct link. Any clicks on other links does nothing. Any ideas. P.S. It all works fine in Mozilla. Is firefox the default browser? Go into IE's Tools, Folder options and reset web settings - confirm its working then set FF as default, if desired. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: d...

Roaming Office Errors for Network Users
We have had ongoing issues with Word and Excel, both v.X and 2004. In Word, the problem is usually a Disk Full error, with Excel it is usually a Document not Saved error when the user saves. Our users are network accounts on Xserves running 10.4.9 and clients are both PPC and X86 Macs, running 10.4.7 - 10.4.9. All user IDs are unique and managed via Open Directory. The problems arise typically after the user has been working with the file for some time. In the Word situation, the error pops up unexpectedly, while the Excel error only pops up on a save. In both cases, Word and Excel f...

Sharing a Workbook #2
I'm hoping someone can help me with this. I designed a finance matri for the company I work for so that the phone reps are able to decid whether or not an applicant qualifies for a credit card. The spreadsheet has a bunch of macros, drop down lists, and such. I is important that I track every 'set' of information that is keyed in. Right now, I have a button called "Submit" and it takes the info tha was keyed in, and stores it in another 'hidden' sheet in the workbook. I have 20 copies of the workbook, one for each employee. The proble arises when I need to make...

Visio 2007
I have a fresh install of 2007. I'm running Office 2003. It has been suggested to upgrade to Office 2007. Pros/cons ? Suggestions please. Also I will need to justify the cost of the MS Office 07 upgrade. I'm assuming the two matched versions work more efficiently together. Thanks-- Still learning. You can upgrade to Visio 2007 without upgrading to Office 2007. I would justify upgrading to Visio 2007 Pro for the Data Linking and Data Graphics "Gary" <Gary@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F22D8A30-A06E-4C15-83B1-49C6EA669906@microsoft...

How to change Menu font in Outlook 2007?
Hi I hate new ClearType font in outlook2007, i can turn off Cleartype and change mail font, but cant change Menu font, now it use Segoe or Calibri without ClearType and it look awful. Thx No, it always uses Segoe UI. Patrick Schmid [OneNote MVP] -------------- http://pschmid.net *** Office 2007 RTM Issues: http://pschmid.net/blog/2006/11/13/80 Office 2007 Beta 2 Technical Refresh (B2TR): http://pschmid.net/blog/2006/09/18/43 *** Customize Office 2007: http://pschmid.net/office2007/customize RibbonCustomizer Add-In: http://pschmid.net/office2007/ribboncustomizer OneNote 2007: http://pschm...

2007 Deluxe update...CRASH
Money Deluxe 2007 just told me it needed to update. I allowed this thing to happen (silly me), and now when I try to start it, I get an error message that tells me it cannot find checksum.exe, and that I must reinstall from the original disks. Silly me also purchased it as a download, and didn't pay an extra 6 bucks to get multiple downloads, or an extra $10 bucks to get a CD (cheap silly me). Am I screwed? Thanks in advance... In microsoft.public.money, villagedweller wrote: >Money Deluxe 2007 just told me it needed to update. I allowed this >thing to happen (silly me), and n...

Using HTML template in 2007/Vista
Not sure if this is the right sub-forum or not.... I'm able to install an HTML page as a template using Office 2007 on an XP machine, but the same process does not work on Vista machines. The template is saved to the proper location but the problem is that when Outlook opens the form, it opens as Plain Text rather than HTML. I haven't been successful finding any solutions googling the problem - anyone here know of a fix? -- rpw ...

Computer Password Displays as Company Name on Startup Screen of Office Programs
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel When I start up an office program (doesn't matter which one), the password that is set up for the computer account displays as the company name under the "This Product Licensed to:" line. I went into the Preferences of Word to delete the company name (which was the password) but it still displays. I also reinstalled Office to see if it would give me a chance to input the data, but it didn't...and the password still displays on start up. Does anyone know how I can change this so the log-on password is no...

Ctrl-H crashing Excel 2002 fixed by Office XP SP3.
In thread "Ctrl-H crashes Excel 2002", a couple of dozen threads before this one, I reported that, in Excel 2002 without Service Packs applied: After you do a search by Values (as opposed to Formulas), henceforth Ctrl-H crashes Excel. (You could prevent that by reassigning Ctrl-H to a macro.) Thanks to Mike Mendelson & Dave Peterson, I found that Office XP SP3 fixes the problem. (I don't know which SP fixed the bug--1, 2, or 3.) Now, Ctrl-H brings up the Search dialog without crashing. *** ...

a globally shared variable among dlls?
Hi, I know it sounds against the object oriented concept. Is it possible to share a global variable among dlls? I am a OO faithful guy. However, in some very rare situations, a globally shared variable among dlls is a good solution to reduce complexity, if it's possible. Thanks. JD >I know it sounds against the object oriented concept. Is it possible to >share a global variable among dlls? Yes, it's possible to export/import a variable. In the MSDN topic titled "INFO: Using _declspec(dllimport) & _declspec(dllexport) in Code" see the section "U...

will office 2004 and/or v.X run under Snow Leopard w/ Rosetta?

Microsoft Office 11.2 update broke help?
I recently installed service pack 2 to Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac, and now Help doesn't work in any of the Office applications. Search works, but Home, Contents, Index, etc. all pop a dialog box: "Could not display the help topic." Has anyone else seen this? How can I fix it? I tried re-installing the original Office 11, but the problem persisted. I called Microsoft technical support. Once I rebooted my computer, help worked again. How strange. I did learn that the preferences are stored in ~/Library/Preferences/{com.microsoft.*,Microsoft}. Hi, If rebooting does n...