scorm compliancy features

Does anyone know if office 2007 includes any scorm compiant elements to
create courses? we are operating Moodle at school and wandered if word,
powerpoint could be used?

http://www.scorm.com/scorm-explained/

"geoff" <geoff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Does anyone know if office 2007 includes any scorm compiant elements to
> create courses? we are operating Moodle at school and wandered if word,
> powerpoint could be used?

0
DL
11/14/2009 9:27:22 AM
In article <C7E99341-310D-445A-8BAD-B18E16523F39@microsoft.com>, Geoff
wrote:
> Does anyone know if office 2007 includes any scorm compiant elements to
> create courses? we are operating Moodle at school and wandered if word,
> powerpoint could be used?

Look into Articulate ... pretty sure it can generate SCORM-compliant
modules from PowerPoint.

0
Steve

MS Database template design features
I have been asked to create a new database, and in looking through recent MS templates I like the layout and color schemes. Many of the forms have icons at the top left where you can tell at a glance what the form is about, e.g a picture of a notepad, or people, a flag, etc. The icons have a background which fades from left to right. I tried looking through the clip-art at MS but wasn't able to find anything like these. MS Paint won't do the fade effect! Is there a souce where I can find these icons and others like them? Thanks, Mich ...

Outlook Security features make life hard!
Hi, I am a reasonably skilled user of Outlook 2003 on XP Pro and use my Mailmerge options to create Email and Word marketing messages to my clients, say 50 at a time. Since May 2005 an unknown Office Update has made the process a real nightmare. When sending out Mailmerge Emails, I now see a Security alert for each Message, telling me that a process is accessing my Address List; might me a virus and asks me to confirm access - FOR EACH SINGLE EMAIL. Now I realise I might me able to disable this Security Feature in Outlook, so does anyone have an idea how this might be done. Paul Patti &l...

Tracking Feature in Outlook
I recently got a new computer with Microsoft XP installed. When using Outlook and viewing the tracking on sent emails I noted that the email message prints after the tracking list. I preferred the old format where the email message was listed first and the tracking was listed after. Does anyone know if there is a way to change that format? ...

BP 3.0 features or hacks?
I installed our BP a few months ago and we have been in various stages of testing before we roll it out to all of our users. Our main goal is to utilize the HRM module and allow employees to access their pay stubs and print them off if needs be. My administration has tasked me with 3 major features that they would like to see before we roll it out. I will list them and what I have done to try and implement them: Feature 1: require a password - I have changed authentication in IIS, requiring all users to enter a username and password before accessing their data. It works, but does n...

SEC Compliance with Exchange 2003
I found the Microsoft white paper entitled "Supporting Regulatory Compliance with Microsoft Exchange Server 2003" which was published in April 2004, and would like to know if anyone here has experience to share with any of the 4 third-party solutions (IXOS, KVS, LEGATO, ZANTAZ) in the small-business arena (5-30 seats)? Thanks, -Jason ...

Manager Crashes after Feature Pack 1 Install
I've installed the Feature Pack 1 on my units here and it seems to have some really nice information, specifically in the purchase order modules. Good information provided that would have required multiple reports to be viewed before. The problem is that the Manager is crashing when multiple computers are using the purchase order module at the same time. Gives an error about temporary tables already being open (TEMPORDER1). Please help. Thanks. ...

"Find an event" feature in the Windows Live Mail/Calendar
In the Windows Live mail it is quite simple to "Find a message" as we type something in the search box and enter. But, I do not see any search box with the Calendar. Are there any ways to "Find" something in the Windows Live Calendar? Looking forward to hear from someone. Thank you. ...

Use "Insert Hyperlink" feature to point to a specific section of a doc
On a cell. I right click and select "Hyperlink" which prompted by the "Insert Hyperlink" window. I select the file (document or spreadsheet). and then click Ok to save. I then click the cell, it successfully opens the intended file. However, I have specific section within a doc or a cell within a spreadsheet. I have created Bookmarks in the document of various sections that I'd like to be pointed at. Can someone please tell me how can I use the "Insert Hyperlink" feature to point to a specific section of a word doc or excel spreadsheet that had ...

Microsoft Exchange compliance blog & Nominations ...
If any of you read my blog (The P0stmaster's Blog at http://p0stmaster.blogspot.com) regularly on Microsoft Exchange & compliance-related issues (and I know some of you do), I'd appreciated any nominations for the 2004 TechWeb Network Best Independent Tech Blog's Readers Choice Awards ... either in the compliance or the e-mail category. Nominations can be submitted here: http://www.techweb.com/blogawards/nominate.html. Thanks in advance! -- David Sengupta M.T.S., B.Sc., MVP, MCSE, MCSE 2000, CCA Ottawa, Canada The P0stmaster's BLOG on e-mail policy: http://p0stmaster.bl...

problem with test to columns feature identifying odd delimiting character
I have exported some stuff from an outlook inbox into excel for analysis. The boby of the emails I have exported contain data which I need, each piece of data is on a seperate row in the email boby. "CDControls.iAD AnaBACK PRSR MBAR HIGH WARNING !! Reg No: TA656 Serial No: 666069 BATT: 26.9 volts GSM Sig: 20 db MEM:5481/86400 " When I export it it comes in to excel all in one cell with a character seperating each row that I cant reproduce. Its 2 very bold letter "l"'s which seems to the the character that forces the new row i the email. How can I identi...

In PDF format of publisher doc hyperlink feature doesnt work?
Pl help. I have created a publisher document(Publisher 2003). I inserted a hyperlink in this publisher document. Then I converted the .pub file to pdf. But in pdf hyperlink feature doen not work? What should I do? Are you using Acrobat? Do you have the full name of the URL or email address typed? Look in the Advanced menu in Acrobat, Links, Create from URLs in the Document. Or if you haven't the URL typed, Tools, Advanced editing, link tool. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Kalpana" <Kalpana@discu...

Money 2005 Online Features
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------000704040903080006030608 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Anyone have the "sharing" feature working yet? When I go there the icon just spins.... --------------000704040903080006030608 Content-Type: text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN"> <html> <head> <meta content="text/html;charset=ISO-8859-1" http-equiv="Content-Type"> ...

Outlook 2003 - Applying Junk mail feature before rules
Hi There, Recenelty upgraded to Outlook 2003 and despite some annoyances, it's generally seems very good, particualry the junk mail folder. However, if I have set up rules for Outlook to move emails addressed to a certain account (I have many email addresses) to a particular folder, it also moves emails that were destined for the junk mail folder. Is there a way of setting it to move only if it is not junk. E.g. Move emails sent to sales@Company.com to the sales folder, but ONLY if they are not junk emails. Thanks in advacned for any advice on this matter. Kind regards Dave Coul...

Project Server 2007
My team is using Project Server 2007 and PWA to publish their tasks to resources. Unfortunately once the task has been completed by the resource, the task does not automatically delete/disappear for the resources Task View in PWA. The PM must go into Project Server and set that Tasks' publish option to "No". Unfortunately, with the amount of tasks this has been quite unmanageable. Can someone tell me (1) if we can automatically have completed task not show up in the task view in PWA. (2) Is there a setting that we have overlooked? (3) Is there a script that we c...

Replication of Excel formulas [automatic cell update feature]
The automatic update of cell references while auto-filling an Excel formula is undoubtedly an excellent feature, that I have used many times over. However, I now have a need to disable it. Can someone suggest a good way to do that? Let me explain with an example: Here's my formula for row-2: =IF(C2="INR", VLOOKUP(A2,'Forex History'!A2:'Forex History'!B14, 2, TRUE)*D2, VLOOKUP(A2,'Forex History'!A15:'Forex History'!B21, 2, TRUE)*D2) For row-3, I would like the formula to be: =IF(C3="INR", VLOOKUP(A3,'Forex History'!A2:'For...

I dont even use Free/Busy feature, how to turn off?
I have outlook 2002, and Im not sure why this is happening but, I need get it to stop. I keep getting an error message that says " unable to update Internet Free/Busy Information". I went to tools/ options / calender / and turned everything off possble. Any ideas would help. It pops up about every 3 minutes. ...

No "Chart Option" feature in the Formatting Palette or when double click on Chart
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) I have read a discussion board concerning this issue but it was from 2008 and no solution was offered yet. The problem is as follows: one creates a graph but cannot add a title or format the axis etc. <br><br>When I open a new spreadsheet and enter the data, I can create the graph. However, I cannot select the &quot;Chart Option&quot; to change any specific features. On the formatting palette I only get the "Page Setup" options but nothing relating to the chart and when I double click on the graph t...

Blocked features in Publisher '07 Free Trial?
I am trying to begin a booklet project with the free trial, but it appears certain functionalities are "grayed out" and unavailable to me in the menus. Can anyone direct me to a list of what features are unavailable in the trial version? Thanks in advance. -- -Ali There shouldn't be any features unavailable. Try setting up the booklet through the advanced page setup. File, Page setup, Advanced on the right. What features are unavailable to you? -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "ali" <ali@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ...

"Reply to all" feature
On my computer at work, if I hit the 'reply to all' button, my own email address is included in the recipient list for the new email. On my computer at home, it isn't. The puzzling things is, both setups are similar: both using Outlook 2000 in CW mode on Windows 2000 SP4. I can't help thinking there must be an option that controls whether to include my own address in the recipient list, but I can't find it anywere. Any suggestions? Many thanks -- Adam (Remove 'nospam.' from email address to reply, or better still reply to the group) If you have more than one...

Disassemble feature in Bill of Material
Customer wanting to have a "disassemble" feature in Bill of Material so that they don't need to enter it manually. ...

The best features of Windows Vista
Windows Vista has really great features such as Aero and 3-D Graphics. You have more things to choose from and better securities. It looks more modern than the other computers and it shows signs of more improvement. Windows Vista has changed the my view of how windows might be in the future. Hopefully, it keeps on doing more things that are out of the ordinary. ...

Missing? features.
Hi, I've just been wading through the 2010 beta details, hoping to find the following missing features are finally included. 1. the ability to import/merge publisher native files. 2. the ability to generate a table of contents/title index. To my (very) simple mind the first is fundamental to any such product. If I have a team working on large product, the need for all of them to access the core file set is not only impractical but downright dangerous. They must be able to work on and only on their assigned part of the project. These parts are then compiled into the final produ...

Loss of features in 2005??
OK, I purchased Money 2005 on-line. Had some problems in 2004, so I figured I'd update to the newest... Did the download, installed, had a few glitches. I'm up and running... Except for 2 things: #1: It won't let me register the product and says it's a trial version. Clicking register does nothing. #2: There are fewer features???? 2005 looks like it's nothing but a portal to Microsoft's advertised clients. I can't find the loan comparison calculator. It looks like it's been streamlined into a check register system with a few bells and whistles? ...

Provide a feature to increase the number of columns in a workshee.
Provide a feature to increase the number of columns in an Excel worksheet beyond 256 to either a higher maximum like 512 or 1024 or unlimited. Not possible, 256 is the max. If you want more, you need a re-design or another product. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Exceller" <Exceller@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B393C8E0-8618-4D9C-906B-2F9163384B35@microsoft.com... > Provide a feature to increase the number of columns in an Excel worksheet > beyond 256 to either a higher maximum like 512 or 1024 or unlimited....

Installing Microsoft Graph Feature
Hello, I just installed MS Office 2003 applications to my computer. Whenever I insert a chart to my MS Word document, it installs MS Graph feature even if I already created a chart already. Is there a way to prevent it from installing this feature everytime I install a chart? Any advice or suggestion would be greatly appreciated! Bagia ...