Save Button - Floppy symbol can be changed

For save or save related button, Floppy symbol is used. Since Floppy is
obsolete now, this symbol can be changed. Because new generation people don't
know about Flobby.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=521da8ed-e6c0-432b-9b49-45ae7aa20b47&dg=microsoft.public.office.misc

It's a symbol, what does the image even matter as long as it is
consistent. Changing it would only result in confusion.

Chagla wrote:

> For save or save related button, Floppy symbol is used. Since Floppy is
> obsolete now, this symbol can be changed. Because new generation people don't
> know about Flobby.

0
Bob
1/20/2010 1:38:30 PM
In article <e4YvbXdmKHA.4872@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl>, Bob I wrote:
> It's a symbol, what does the image even matter as long as it is
> consistent. Changing it would only result in confusion.

As anyone who's tried Office 2007 knows all too well.  ;-)

> Chagla wrote:
>
> > For save or save related button, Floppy symbol is used. Since Floppy is
> > obsolete now, this symbol can be changed. Because new generation people don't
> > know about Flobby.

0
Steve
1/20/2010 3:38:30 PM

Steve Rindsberg wrote:

> In article <e4YvbXdmKHA.4872@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl>, Bob I wrote:
>
>>It's a symbol, what does the image even matter as long as it is
>>consistent. Changing it would only result in confusion.
>

> As anyone who's tried Office 2007 knows all too well.  ;-)

Umm, the symbols were changed on your copy? ;-)

0
Bob
1/20/2010 4:15:38 PM
In article <e1R#OvemKHA.1536@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl>, Bob I wrote:
> Steve Rindsberg wrote:
>
> > In article <e4YvbXdmKHA.4872@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl>, Bob I wrote:
> >
> >>It's a symbol, what does the image even matter as long as it is
> >>consistent. Changing it would only result in confusion.
> >

> > As anyone who's tried Office 2007 knows all too well.  ;-)
> >

> Umm, the symbols were changed on your copy? ;-)

Relative to what they were in 2003 and previous?  Yep.  A wee bit.  <g>

0
Steve

sentence format changes in email
Trying to help a friend who receives email that was sent in a list format with tabs to 2nd, 3rd, or 4th columns, but when opened, the email message changes format and all info line up on left side of page. Any ideas why this happens? Sorry, I don't know much about how the sender formats his mail. Also, the receiver can read mail either on a PC or Blackberry. Not sure if that makes a differece. Thanks, ...

Can't login #2
I can log in to my passport account via the web, but starting today, when I fire up Money, it tells me that Money can't verify my login. What gives? The MSN Money web-site is updating. See: http://support.microsoft.com/money -Mark "joealtus" <joealtus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7C42C72C-C1D0-49CC-A421-2EA0714D57CA@microsoft.com... > I can log in to my passport account via the web, but starting today, when I > fire up Money, it tells me that Money can't verify my login. What gives? Thanks - that needs to be reflected better in the error ...

How can I clear historical information under custom headers?
I'm trying to clear all the historical information listed under the custom header and footer buttons. Is there a fast easy way of doing this? Try a macro like this: Sub ClearAll() Dim ws As Worksheet For Each ws In ThisWorkbook.Worksheets With ws.PageSetup .LeftHeader = "" .CenterHeader = "" .RightHeader = "" .LeftFooter = "" .CenterFooter = "" .RightFooter = "" End With Next End Sub --- To use, press ALT+F11, go to Insert >...

can't find
i have a small problem...i have windows xp professional, when i got it my boss deleted many programs to save room for design programs...and now i don't know if it came with excel on it...and now i need it. How would i find out if it should have had it and is there any way to get it back without having to go buy a whole new program? You don't get Excel with an operating system. Excel would have to be installed either o its own or as part of an installation of MS Office. -- RMC,CPA "sabrina" <sabrina@coluccisjewelry.com> wrote in message news:020601c36294$6f4d61d0...

Can data files for mailmerge be updated?
I have a 4 year old 3.5 disc with addresses that I update each year. Last year I updated using Windows 98, with Office maybe Publisher 2000. Now I am unable to access the info with my Windows XP and Publisher 2003. Is there a way to get to this data, edit it, and make labels in 2005? Thanks Robin from Alaska Copy the list to "My Data" folder in "My Documents." Is it a Publisher list? If it is a .mdb file, Publisher should read it. I think your problem is mainly the floppy disk. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews...

How can i make outlook emails "NON RECOVERABLE" after deleting?
How can i make outlook emails "NON RECOVERABLE" after deleting? It is really important to find a way, i do not want anyone accessing my computer to recover my emails that i have deleted. You can try compacting your PST file after you empty the Deleted Items file. That should throw a reasonable roadblock in front of those trying to recover your items. "Kat" <Kat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C4F80DAD-7BBF-4758-91A6-7BF7014E7646@microsoft.com... > How can i make outlook emails "NON RECOVERABLE" after deleting? > It is really imp...

How to Change Target Fields on Import
Hello, Can somebody help me, please. I am trying to import "leads" on CRM 3.0 but there are only 3 fields available and that is "Company Name", "Last Name" and "Topic". Is there any way to customize it based on our company's need. I want to change it to "Last Name","First Name", ... etc. Thanks. Please disregard this... my mistake. I already figured it out! "Maureen Millonado" wrote: > Hello, > > Can somebody help me, please. I am trying to import "leads" on CRM 3.0 > but there ...

pervious saved publication of the same document?
Help! I am in the process of printing half page flyers in the booklet format. Everything was printing fine, until I switched printers. When I went back to the orginal printer, my margins, text, and pictures sizes stayed and would not revert back to the orginal placements. Is there a way that I can goto a pervious saved time for this document? -- truckrwolf Might look in the temp folder. Publisher saves a temporary file. What version Publisher are you using? -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "truckrwolf" &l...

Can't send emails #4
Hi I am getting this error when sending emails 'No transport provider was available for delivery to this recipient.'. This problem is intermittent and does not happen all the time. I have repaired the personal folders using scanpst but this has not eliminated the problem. This is on a win xp laptop. The laptop also connects with exchange server (sbs 2003) when in the office under a different username. The offline folders have been turned on under the office username/profile. Anything I can try to fix this mail sending problem? Thanks Regards Checked with your ISP lately -- Pe...

How to Save or Export Junk Mail Sender list
Hi I am using OUTLOOK 2002 - SP3 under XP -SP1. I have set up Junk Mail sender filter and over a period of time, I have identified and compiled a big list of Junk Mail Senders. Now I want to export this Junk mail sender list to Text or CSV file. Can any one suggest how to do it. Even if it is a round about way, I do not mind trying it. I am mainly interested in the Junk Mail sender list, not the general PST backup / Export / Import. My advance thanks for any suggestion that I could get. Thanks Durai Ashok See http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm for the file locations. ...

Deleted stock symbol
When I first started using money when I sold a stock, I deleted a stock symbol by actually deleting the symbol. Now I have bought the stock again and Money will not let me enter the stock because it can not find a symbol for it. Also I have a stock that has changed its name but kept the same symbol, I can't change the name because Money thinks the symbol is for a different stock. How do I re enter the deleted symbol and correct the name change problem? Thanks Guy zil442@yahoo.com I'm assuming you deleted the investment and left the symbol in it rather than deleted the symbol ...

Can't SEND SSL email out!! Please Help... it HURTZ!
OKay... being a bit silly about he hurting part. I have a strange email issue with some of my computers at home that I use for work. We have 4 computers. 2 of them work FINE, the other 2 have issues. I know the email accounts are working correctly because if I run them on the 2 *good* computers they work like they should. Configurations: (GOOD Notebooks) 1 - HP AMD-XP notebook with WinXP-Home SP1, Office 2000 2 - Sony P4 Notebook with WinXP-Home SP1, Office 2000 (Bad systems) 3 - Dell P3 notebook with WinXP-Pro SP1, Office 2002 4 - Compaq AMD-XP with WinXP-Home SP2, Office 2000 ALl ma...

Can Exchange 2003 drop invalid SMTP recipients?
For the past year we are inundated with bogus spam to non-existent users in our organization and would love to be able to stop them at SMTP connect. Exchange 2003 SP1 and above has the nice feature to "drop connection if address matches filter" at SMTP connect which is available under Global Settings -> Message Delivery Properties -> Sender Filtering Tab..... Why doesn't Recipient Filtering tab also have this check box? Is there any way to get this "drop" check box extended to the Recipient Filtering tab? Is this something Microsoft PSS could implement if we ha...

Can't delete read receipt that won't send
I received an e-mail with a read receipt request on a POP3 account I can receive from but not send to. Outlook keeps trying to send the read receipt and displaying the following error message every minute or so: Task 'pop.compuserve.com - Sending' reported error (0x800CCC78) : 'Unable to send the message. Please verify the e-mail address in your account properties. The server responded: 554 5.1.3 Denied' The read receipt msg is not in the outbox so I can't delete it. How can I get rid of this problem? Thanks. Greg http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/delete_rr....

Saving as PDF?
Do there exist routines to save a document as a PDF file? I know there are pseudo-printers around which you can install so that when you 'print' to it it produces a PDF file, but I had in mind library code that would give you a CDC or hDC, let you draw on it, and then deposit the result in a PDF file. Does such exist? Dave -- David Webber Mozart Music Software http://www.mozart.co.uk For discussion and support see http://www.mozart.co.uk/mozartists/mailinglist.htm On Feb 8, 1:17=A0pm, "David Webber" <d...@musical-dot-demon-dot-co.uk> wrote: &...

can't get account to balance
I have tried balancing my checking account in Money2005 Deluxe. I had been able to and suddenly in March of this year there was an amount there that I couldn't, at that time track down. Usually I'd go to the balance account section, enter in my ending balance and date, and the amount of difference was $0, so the account was in balance and it was usually a 30 sec process to balance the account. Somehow I checked something as being reconciled that maybe wasn't. Is there a way to start that process out from where it was originally?? That is, when I first started the proces...

How can I review a Word document for duplicate sentences?
I am reviewing a 100-page document that may contain duplicate sentences. I would like to perform a search to find and remove duplications. Are the duplicate sentences adjacent to one another, or randomly occurring throughout the document i.e. one sentence on page x the other duplicate sentence on page y? -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> &...

saving to cd
When I try to save to cd, either using the "package for cd" feature or just choosing that disk drive, all of a sudden I'm getting a message saying "Press ESC to cancel saving the document" and then it reverts back to the Package for CD dialog box. HOW CAN I SAVE TO CD? Don't press the ESC key and wait for a few seconds "lynnelw" <lynnelw@discussions.microsoft.com> a �crit dans le message de news: 58858FED-6FDE-4518-BCC4-572134A600AB@microsoft.com... > When I try to save to cd, either using the "package for cd" feature or &...

can not send or recive mail
i can not send or recive mail. please help me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Error Message plz? -- Vijay Sites that I would recommend http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/default.aspx http://support.microsoft.com/ Try the Windows Live Mail Beta http://ideas.live.com/programpage.aspx?versionId=5d21c51a-b161-4314-9b0e-4911fb2b2e6d "suad" <suad@moe.gov.om> wrote in message news:1164514539.062706.154920@n67g2000cwd.googlegroups.com... >i can not send or recive mail. please help me > !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! > ...

Report Writer
I want to add a table (HR_EMPLOYEE_EXTRA) to the HR Employee Emergency Contact report. Can this be done? I looked but could not find a way to do it through Report Writer. I'm sure there must be a way but it'll take some more looking. It would be much easier to build a report using SmartList Builder or a different report writer. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Bob Harrison" wrote: > I want to add a table (HR_EMPLOYEE_EXTRA) to the HR Employee Emergency > Contact report. Can this be done? ------=_NextPart_0001_8D212269 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Enco...

Can't logon to OWA with particular username while mine is working fine #3
Hallo, I use OWA at home and it's working fine. When I want to logon with a particular username and password I can't login. The option on exchange for OWA is enabled. When I want to login I get the following error: "The page cannot be displayed" HTTP 500 - Internal server error Internet Explorer Thanx in advance DaKing - you are getting into the server Ok. However, you are not getting to the pages that make up OWA. You need to put in /EXCHANGE in the address field so you point to the correct web pages. NC Beach Bum "DaKing" wrote: > Hallo, > > ...

how to change color of font or background on listbox
Hello! how to change color of font or background in listbox? I want change some selected items (no all). I finding the simplest way to do this (method step by step) or any example... I think that I have to use 'owner draw' option but I don't know what to do later... You will have to use owner draw listbox for that. Here are some examples. http://www.codeproject.com/combobox/xlistbox.asp http://www.codeproject.com/combobox/listboxch.asp AliR. "Cactus" <cactusek@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1163632292.889083.298400@e3g2000cwe.googlegroups.com... > > He...

Can Access 2000 be installed on Windows 7
A client has a 2000 Access database that needs to be modifed, and we don't know if they're ready to be pushed into a version upgrade at this time. I know that I can save an Access program in the ver. 2000 format, but I would prefer to have the actual environment so I don't accidentally use a property or command that doesn't exist in the old version. Can Access 2000 be installed on my PC (OS Windows 7) without screwing up Access 2007? If so, can Access 2000 still be downloaded from Microsoft? On Wed, 3 Mar 2010 13:44:09 -0800, Bev Kaufman <BevKaufman@discussio...

I can't create new messages on outlook
I've linked my aol account to my outlook, but it won't let me create new messages...help What happens when you try? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM You can access this newsgroup by visiting http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx or point your newsreader to msnews.micro...

Can login, then I can't
Using the Web access to the CRM I can usually visit the webpage and see the CRM homepage etc etc, however every so often I am then not allowed access. and presented with a "User access error" Of the 5 users with have I am the only one to experience this, and would like to know what might be happening. The outlook module doesn't suffer from this and I can access that anytime, even when the web browser portion wont let me in ------=_NextPart_0001_90B13679 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi Richard~ It sounds like you may, at times, be using a cache...