Reactivating Office on a new computer.

I had a downloaded copy of Office 2007 on a laptop which has been destroyed
beyond repair.  I have now bought a new laptop.  How do I re-download my copy
of Office, please?
--
Steve

Contact the vendor from where you purchased it.

"stemac" <stemac@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
:I had a downloaded copy of Office 2007 on a laptop which has been destroyed
: beyond repair.  I have now bought a new laptop.  How do I re-download my
copy
: of Office, please?
: --
: Steve

0
Tom
3/15/2010 4:38:09 PM
The vendor was Microsoft!!  Have you tried to contact them??  I just go
around in circles and keep coming up against "£46 for a support call".
--
Steve

"Tom Willett" wrote:

> Contact the vendor from where you purchased it.
>
> "stemac" <stemac@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> :I had a downloaded copy of Office 2007 on a laptop which has been destroyed
> : beyond repair.  I have now bought a new laptop.  How do I re-download my
> copy
> : of Office, please?
> : --
> : Steve
>

> .

If you don't have a copy of the original installation file or copy of the
receipt, and copy of the activation key you have made an expensive mistake.
Generally its cheaper to buy from e.g. Amazon, than on line from MS, and you
get the cd with key

"stemac" <stemac@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I had a downloaded copy of Office 2007 on a laptop which has been
> destroyed
> beyond repair.  I have now bought a new laptop.  How do I re-download my
> copy
> of Office, please?
> --
> Steve

0
DL
3/15/2010 7:22:52 PM
Cheers DL, you just made me think.  I have dug out the original order
confirmation from my Archive folder - it has the Full Licence number and the
download link, so I will try pursuing it from that as a starting point.

"DL" wrote:

> If you don't have a copy of the original installation file or copy of the
> receipt, and copy of the activation key you have made an expensive mistake.
> Generally its cheaper to buy from e.g. Amazon, than on line from MS, and you
> get the cd with key
>
> "stemac" <stemac@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I had a downloaded copy of Office 2007 on a laptop which has been
> > destroyed
> > beyond repair.  I have now bought a new laptop.  How do I re-download my
> > copy
> > of Office, please?
> > --
> > Steve
>
> .

Move Exchange 5.5 to new HW
Thanks Mark Arnold and Kirill S. Palagin, I already join site w/ the old server. Now I perform Step 2: 2. In the old server's Information Store properties, change the location of the mailboxes' Public Folder server to be the new server. This will take care of any newly created public folders. (You'll have to stop and restart the Exchange services before this will take effect.) Question: 1. Where can I found the "Information Store properties" pages? 2. Should I upgrade to SP4 and install NAV before step 1? Regards, Chris Lee Chris Lee wrote: > Thanks Mark Arnold a...

new graphics book
Dona Wong's "The Wall Street Journal Guide to Information Graphics" is pretty good http://www.donawong.com/ ...

VB.NET Web Programmer in New York $40/hr
VB.NET Web Programmer in New York $40/hr We are looking for someone to work as a VB.NET Web Developer. In this role, you will design and develop application software for a successful global corporation. You will also support and install software applications. Additional duties are to participate in the testing process and utilize formal development methodologies. A bachelor's degree is required and a BSCS is preferred. Candidates must have skills in: Microsoft .NET (ASP.NET, VB.NET) and Microsoft SQL Server 7.0/2000. 2-4 years of experience in applications programming for a major corpora...

Conflict in Office...
I'm using v11.3 of Office:mac on three iMacs. One G5 and two G3's on a home network. The G3's can run simultaneously all the Office applications but not with the G5 running an app. I know the G5 had a trial version of Office, did that somehow interfere to cause this problem and is there a fix that I can apply to the G5 to resolve the conflict. My Office:mac has three Product Keys. The G5 was upgraded from a G3 and it used to work fine simultaneous before the hardware upgrade. The G5 runs the apps just fine. Running latest Mac OSX on the G5 and OS X 10.3.9 on the G3's. ...

Trouble creating new smtp address for user
I am trying to move an email address assigned from one user to a different user in the same OU. I removed the address from the original user and tried to add it to the new user but it keeps saying This Email address already exists in this organization ID no: c10312e7 Microsoft Active Direcotry - Exchange Extension I thought maybe since I just removed it I had to wait a bit to re-add that address...so about 40 minutes later I try it and same thing. I checked all the other accounts in that OU and none of them have that address assigned. I even did a search on the system for any accounts with...

Unable to install RMS on Home Office Computer
I am trying to get RMS set up on my home office computer so I can manipulate the data, write and test reports, without doing damage to our actual data at work. Unfortunately, the installation routine will not let me install the MSDE. Here's the contents of the installation error log: 2005-03-02 17:00:26.92 server Server Process ID is 3720. 2005-03-02 17:00:26.92 server Logging SQL Server messages in file 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL\LOG\ERRORLOG'. 2005-03-02 17:00:26.95 server SQL Server is starting at priority class 'normal'(2 CPUs detected). 20...

Can't connect a windows 7 computer
I have a brand new Dell server with SBS 2008. I have a brand new Dell laptop running Windows 7 Pro. On the laptop I run http://connect and go through the wizard until I press "Set up this computer for myself" whereupon I get the message "The computer does not meet the maximum operating system requirements for running client setup" Any advice please Many thanks - Anthony Have you installed SBS2008 Rollup 3 on the server? 969121 Description of Windows Small Business Server 2008 Update Rollup 3 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;969121 ...

2 Users, One Computer
I have recently started using Outlook 2007 but my husband still uses Outlook Express (MUCH easier for him). Everytime he tries to check his email (under his user account) Outlook 2007 tries to open because the default email program has changed. How can I permantly change his default email program to Outlook Express? IE's tools, options, programs from either user acct. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outloo...

Display the TEXT of a comment in a new cell
Is there a way to display the comment, attached to a cell, as the 'value' of the cell? I have copied/pasted the comments to a new form (sheet) and would like to have the comment text displayed IN the new cell. Then I can print the sheet. My current macro copies all comments from one sheet and pastes them onto a second sheet. Now the new sheet shows the comment indicator, with a blank cell. I want to replace the blank cell, with the TEXT of the comment. Can this be done? Thank you in advance. JO Hi wojo, You could try this user-defined function placing it in a standard module...

Out of Office auto-reply
If I turn on my Out of Office auto-reply and then someone sends an email to a distribution list that I'm a member of, will my Out of Office reply get sent to that person? If they are internal to your exchange organization, yes. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, AlfredCM asked: | If I turn on my Out of Office auto-reply and then someone sends an | email to a distribution lis...

New domain (child or new forest)?
We have a single active directory domain (internal.com). We need to setup a second domain that will be accessed from the outside for non-employee users (external.com). If we do not want the external.com domain to have any access to the internal.com domain, shouldn't we create a "Domain in a new forest?" Creating a "Child domain in an existing domain tree," or a "Domain tree in an existing forest" will allow a two way trust between the root domain and the child domain correct? Howdie! jktat schrieb: > We have a single active directory dom...

How to roll down a new page
I have a welcome page that show for a instant and then is replaced with the home page. It would be nice if the Home page unrolled on top of the welcome page or slid in from the side like a slide might or the wecome page looked like a page turning. I have no idea how such things are accomplished. Can you give me a place to read up or a sugestion as to what to google? Thank Check out ASP .NET AJAX or Silverlight Develpment. -Scott " Cal Who" <CalWhoQQ@roadrunner.com> wrote in message news:umDEnSHdKHA.6096@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... >I have a we...

Microsoft Office Outlook Cannot be open
I cannot hide my problem anymore, i try and try to me alone no solution, so you can help me out . Each time i start my microsoft office outlook it will tell me cannot start microsoft office outlook. cannot open the outlook window. the set of folders cannot be opened. information store could not be opened. pls help me out . Does it open with the Safe Switch Start > Run > outlook.exe /resetnavpane (notice the space between outlook.exe and /resetnavpane) If Outlook opens with the above then you have a bad Add On. Disable all the Add Ons and then enable them back...

New Account #3
I'm trying Money2007 Essentials. After Money downloads my banks info and transactions I have an adjusted balance of over $2,000. The Bank balance and transactions appear OK. Can I tell Money to download transactions from/to a certain date?? Is there a good way to set up a new account for online banking so I won't see any adjustments?? James Check your opening balance. That might be where the need adjustment is coming from. Usually the starting balance is Zero. "JamesJ" <jjy@Darwin_adelphia.net> wrote in message news:%239%23BKRyaHHA.3272@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... &...

Error after saving new info OTLK 2002
I get an error message everytime I get out of Outlook 2002 after entering or changing info in either calendar or contacts ...

CDHtmlDialog
Hi I have a class derived from CDHtmlDialog. I have two problems: 1. I really want to NOT have to open a new frame by passing navOpenInNewWindow when I call Navigate but my xml/xsl combination causes a crash deep inside msxml3.dll & kernel32.dll. When I use very simple xml/xsl combinations I have no problems ... any idea? 2. So I pass navOpenInNewWindow to Navigate and give my new frame a name but now I need to be able to control this new IE which has opened - in particular I want to close it and I can't seem to get a handle on it. How do I do this? Thanks in advance! Al...

is Turkish proof supported by office 2008?
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop hi, <br> I've tasted office 2008 in my mac and it is powerful. But, as being an editor, I really really need Turkish proofing support but as I can see I think there is no any support for that.(At least I couldn't find any in my trail version) <br><br>I had sent a feedback about that but I wanted to know any information about this issue. will MS support it or not? if so, when. Or maybe full version support it? If it is possible to know I will be glad. <br><br...

Office CD-Key
I am on business in the Philippines and i updated my office program at mactopia so i could use entourage, when i try and use the applications after update i need my cd key, my wife is back home frantically searching for our original box, does anyone know if microsoft keeps a record on their side and if they would provide that information, i know it sounds like bs but really in a bind Situation 1: Was this a sealed copy? If you bought it opened or from eBay, it's no surprise, as keys which are known to have been pirated have been disabled. Sorry, you'll need to buy a licensed copy. ...

Move indexes to a new file group
Any one knows the best way to move indexes to a diferent filegroup? I have a 700GB dataware house type database , some very large tales and indexes on them. ...

Moving crm3 to new server
Windows 2003 SP1 CRM3 Sp1 SQL2005 SP1 New server has same Name and IP address. Moved MDF and LDF files then started CRM3 install. Install would not recognize the existing DB's. Tried Backup and restore same error. ANy suggestions would be apprecoated. Robert One suggestion could be to take advantage of the CRM Redeployment Tool to move CRM from one server to another. You can find this on the CRM Disk. Regards, Anuj Singh "Robert" wrote: > Windows 2003 SP1 > CRM3 Sp1 > SQL2005 SP1 > > New server has same Name and IP address. Moved MDF and LDF files...

New personal finance resource website open #3
--_NextPart_00009776-0000260A-078B363B-05A4 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit New Personal Finance Resource Website Open http://www.your-personal-finances.com/ - Free articles and information on personal finance --_NextPart_00009776-0000260A-078B363B-05A4-- *** Free account sponsored by SecureIX.com *** *** Encrypt your Internet usage with a free VPN account from http://www.SecureIX.com *** POST ...

New to Access Database Design.
Hi all from SA. I'm new to access and have a question. I work for a service and repair company an we used old Q&A for Dos to enter out day to day service calls. We want to migrate to Access 2007. I started with the database design witch was not so difficult. I ran in to a problem, here is a short description. I created tables for Customer, SubCustomers,Employees, Technicians, Systems,categories and Services. This work well but some of my customer have sub customer where we need to do services. So from a drop down when logging a new service call I can Select the customer but a...

Offline Address Book failure after new exchange server added
I've brought up a new Exchange 2003 server on new hardware on a network with an existing Exchange 2003 server, i've moved all the mailboxes, public folder replication just wouldnt work so I backed up the non system folders to pst and did all the other bits etc and everyone is working fine on the new server whether the old one is online or not but i'm getting errors syncing the offline address book and it will not rebuild, some users get permissions errors and others just say "error syncing" and the exchange event log reports that its the OAB. I've still got access to...

How do I locate my serial numbers on installed versions of Office 2004?
Hello: I have five licenses of Office 2004 Professional running in my studio, and five sets of install discs. Unfortunately, when we did the installs we did not label the sets of discs with their corresponding users, so I don't know which set of discs is installed on which computer. One of those five computers has just been replaced, and I need to re-install a copy of Office on the new computer - but which one? I need to check and verify which serial number is being used on each computer, so I can tell which one can be installed - but I cannot find the serial nubmers anywhere on the co...

How do I force a new page?
I have a report that has a large number of controls for each record. Because the amount of data for each record can vary in quantity the report can have part of a record on one page and the rest on another. How do I force a new page for each record? Thanks Tony Sorry found it in help, Force new page of Details property, Sorry should have looked in help first. Tony "Tony Williams" <tw@invalid.com> wrote in message news:%23KwkRokOIHA.3516@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... >I have a report that has a large number of controls for each record. >Because the amount of data for e...