opening a ppt file and says: there any text converter installed

trying to open a ppt file with pp 2007 it says:
can not open because there is any text converter installed.

whtat does it mean and how can I solve it???

mofa wrote:

>trying to open a ppt file with pp 2007 it says:
>can not open because there is any text converter installed.
>
>whtat does it mean and how can I solve it???

It could mean that the power point slide was created using Office 2010
beta or it could also mean that the file you have got is corrupted.

The solution is to install Office 2010 beta but this is absolutely not
advisable on your only or main production system;  Unfortunately,
Microsoft hasn't developed any Office 2010 compatibility packs so you
are in a limbo.

I can see you have got Office 2007 but do you know whether you are able
to create and read power point slides with it?  Have you tried creating
a test document and sending it to a friend to open in/her system?

hth

ps1: Peter Foldes <okf22@hotmail.com> is a convicted paedo using
his sister to work for him as prostitute.

ps2: Jeff Strickland <crwlrjeff@yahoo.com> has forced his mum to
prostitute herself by working for Peter Foldes so that he (Jeff)
can finance his drug habits!

--
THE INFORMATION IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY
KIND. LD55ZRA DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EITHER EXPRESSED OR

Copyright LD55ZRA 2010.

0
LD55ZRA
4/21/2010 1:56:33 AM
In article <33D65DA3-F9AF-4897-804A-7D42443A085A@microsoft.com>, Mofa
wrote:
> trying to open a ppt file with pp 2007 it says:
> can not open because there is any text converter installed.
>
> whtat does it mean and how can I solve it???

It might mean that the document uses some obscure properties that're
features of PPT 2010 beta but aren't supported in 2007 (unlikely).   Or
it could mean that the file's corrupted.  A fairly common cause of this
sort of thing is copying the file to a USB flash drive then removing
the drive before you've properly ejected it.

0
Steve

Word hangs when I try to edit text

Prohibited File Type?
If someone sends me a picture file as an attachment to an email message I get shown "Prohibited File Type..file deactivated". I can see the pic in the body of the message but can't open and view the picture file by clicking it? Similarly if I try to attach a picture file to a message I send that also gives the same warning both before sending and to the recipient? The files In question are jpg files. Anyone advise please? Tools/Safety/Options/Security Uncheck - do not allow attachments to be save or opened - block images and other external content Check (op...

.xls files opening in IE rather than xls
When opening files downloaded from the web, they are opened in an IE windo rather than the appropriate Office 2003 tool (word, excel, etc.) From a previous post: There's a setting in Windows that you can change. In win98, I can do this: Start Windows Explorer View|Folder Options File Types Tab scroll down to MS Excel Worksheet Select it click the edit button There's an option to "browse in same window". Uncheck it. That's where you can toggle the "confirm open after download", too. How to Configure Internet Explorer to Open Office Documents in the Appr...

CRM 3.0 Reports:Error when trying to open reports on client m/c
I am unable to access CRM Reports from any other machine except the CRM Server (Physical) box. I logged in as different users on the CRM server and was able to open and see all of the reports based on roles. But I am not able to view reports from any of the client machines. I am accessing Reports through a web-client. Upon trying to access reports through a client machine, I get the message " An error has occurred. For more information, contact your system administrator". This does not tell me anything I do not see anything unusual in the Web server (CRM Server), or the Da...

Hidden Folders and Files
I am using Windows XP pro, 2nd, service pack. For some reason, I am now unable to see my hidden files and folders, even though I was able to a short while ago. I don't know what I have done to change this. Under folder options I have selected "Display the contents of system folders" and "Show hidden files and folders" However they are not visible. Any advise? Thanks. leasider<SPAM> wrote: > I am using Windows XP pro, 2nd, service pack. > > For some reason, I am now unable to see my hidden files and folders, > even though I was able to a short ...

PERSONAL Workbook is not opening
WHen I open Excel, my PERSONAL workbook is not opening, then I can't access to my Macros. I have checked if its located in the XLSTART folder and it is. Can you help me to solve this out? Maybe personal.xls was disabled... xl2002+ has the abililty to quarantine what it thinks are bad workbooks. They can keep track of them so that it doesn't even try to open them. If you look under Help|About MS Excel, you'll see a button called: "Disabled Items...". Check under there to see if it's marked not to open. You can enable it there, too. If the workbook is real...

Show userform at spreadsheet open
How do you make a userform open when you open a spreadsheet? Can anyone help? Thankyou, Roger [excel2003] hi sheet or file? sheet..... Private Sub Worksheet_Activate() Load userform1 userform1.Show 0 End Sub lookup modal and modaless forms in vb help. file.... Private Sub Workbook_Open() Load userform1 userform1.Show 0 End Sub also see this site.... http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/getstarted.htm regards FSt1 "Roger on Excel" wrote: > How do you make a userform open when you open a spreadsheet? > > Can anyone help? > &g...

How do I install when "file ZF561407.CAB can not be found"

Excel 2000: File >> New menu command causes application crash
This is occurring on only one machine on a network! After saving an emailed Excel template to a standard network location for Microsoft templates, when selecting File >> New this installation of Excel 2000 crashes ("Excel not responding" on Close program dialog). On other machines there is no problem. Have "repaired" Microsoft Office using that option from the installation CD-ROM, have removed Excel from Office installation, rebooted and reinstalled Excel. No change on the problem behaviour. Everything else appears to be working just fine in this copy of Excel. We ...

How to convert to absolute value?
Hello! How do I convert numbers to absolute value? Thanks Edit - Copy. Edit - PasteSpecial - Values - OK. Or do you want a code solution ? HTH. Best wishes Harald "Betsy Marlow" <cmarlow22@bellsouth.net> skrev i melding news:5WmHg.12873$j8.11911@bignews7.bellsouth.net... > Hello! > > How do I convert numbers to absolute value? > > Thanks > > Print abs(-12) 12 On Thu, 24 Aug 2006 15:16:31 -0400, "Betsy Marlow" <cmarlow22@bellsouth.net> wrote: >Hello! > >How do I convert numbers to absolute value? > >Thanks >...

What firewall ports to open to manage server through ESM?
Hi, Got 2 Exchange 2003 servers (in separate RGs) which are connected via WAN and separated by Firewalls. What are the Firewall ports I need to open in order to manage the remote Exchange server, using a local ESM? TIA, Shel Shel: I don't know the answer, but why can't you use Remote Desktop Connection (port 3389) for this? From my experience, it is at least 10x faster than directly using ESM or ADUC and works great even over 56k dial-up to a VPN. Regards, Martin "Shel" <shel@msnews.forum.com> wrote in message news:OJlNgOwcEHA.1644@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > H...

"Do you want to save" when Excel OPENS
I understand about the "Do you want to save" message when you close Excel, even if you didn't make any changes: Excel doesn't distinguish between real changes and the recalculation of volatile functions. But at work we've had a user claim that he gets the message when he OPENS Excel when our add-in is checked (having been checked when Excel was open before). Specifically, it asks "Do you want to save changes to Sheet 2?" I'm sure it's not our add-in as such, since no one has ever report this before. But it may be some interaction between our add-...

how to change the icon text
To all, What event to I do to handle when my app get iconified? I Need to set the window text for my icon differently than my app title bar text. When I run my app, the window text for the app title bar is "foo", when the user iconifies the app, I want the icon text to be "bar". How do I do that? Thanks for the help, Reza Take a look at CWnd::OnSysCommand. SC_RESTORE and SC_MINIMIZE is what you want to look for in this method. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "reza razavipour" <rrazavipour@stbernard.com> wrote in message news:uK18XkXH...

caption, text box, and frame
I inserted a picture (a bitmap), cropped and sized it to fill the page from side to side, and positioned it 1.5" from the top "margin" so that it would be at the top of the text area. I then clicked on Insert Caption and got the usual panel offering "Figure 1" as its label. Instead of simply inserting a paragraph in Caption format as usual, it inserted a text box with the caption label in it. When I typed the content of the caption, the following body text reduced to a single line. Dragging the picture's anchor to a different paragraph made whole paragrap...

Add Text Field Columns
PFDB: IIf(Nz([PFDirect])+Nz([PFBulk])=0,"",Nz([PFBulk])+Nz([PFDirect])) I have two fields both of which are text. When I try to add them as above, I get a concatenated result, not the sum. How does one add them? -- On Fri, 18 May 2007 17:38:49 -0600, bw wrote: > PFDB: IIf(Nz([PFDirect])+Nz([PFBulk])=0,"",Nz([PFBulk])+Nz([PFDirect])) > > I have two fields both of which are text. When I try to add them as above, I get a > concatenated result, not the sum. How does one add them? How does one add "This is text." + "this is also text&qu...

Need to set up a slide with 4 text boxes on same page.
Want to end up with 4 "bulleted" boxes that I can to show 4 strategies and associated task on same page. Also, if possible have each one drop in individually to allow flow conrol for the presentation Are you asking a question about how to do that or having trouble with part of that? If the former, just create four separate text boxes with bulleted text, you are not limited to only one text box per slide. Use the Custom Animation, Effects Options, Text Animation settings to control the entrance of the bullet points. Since you didn't say what version of PowerPoi...

amount convert
Hi, I want to convert $1234.56 (numeric - dollar) to one thousand two hundred and thirty four & cents fifty six. How? ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Take a look at the links found on David McRitchie's site: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/strings.htm#numberstowords In article <raymondsum.vuley@excelforum-nospam.com>, raymondsum <raymondsum.vuley@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote: > Hi, > > I want to convert $1234...

Open windows explorer
Does anyone know how to have a cell "hyperlink" to windows explorer open to a particular folder? Right-click the cell, select Hyperlink and point to your folder. -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Only 1 taskbar button when i open 2 excel documents
Hi all. When i open 2 excel documents i have only 1 taskbar button on the taskbar even though i did not choose the option to group similar taskbar buttons under taskbar properties. Hence when i want to switch between the 2 documents i need to go to window and select them. Hence how do i solve this so that i can have 2 taskbar buttons of the excel documents on the taskbar? Thks in advance. Tools>Options>View, check Windows In taskbar -- HTH Bob Phillips "inenewbl" <inenewbl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6F715432-2EB2-47AC-B737-56D63F37537A@mi...

automatically sizing text with graphs
hi, is there a way to make the text in my charts size proprotionally with the graphs when i move them to another location (eg: a different sheet or chart)....I seem to have a problem with the way the graphs shrink but the text retaining their original size after i move them. -- Shoque ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Shoque's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=36320 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=566948 Right-click on the axis labels and choose Format Axis. Go to the Fon...

Convert 2002 D/B to 2000 shows no details
When I attempt to use the [Tools];[Database Utility]; to [Convert Database]; to Access 2000 format from Access XP, the resulting database doesn't display anything in the Detail View. All tables and queries appear to be present in LIST View and ICON Views but when DETAIL View is selected the entire display is blank. Is there a "Select Details" option in Access as there is in Windows Explorer? "Tom" <tvandeveer@ldmi.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:000701c3dea6$9c1b5440$a301280a@phx.gbl... > When I attempt to use the [Tools];[Database Utility]; to > ...

a larger window to view the files
Hello, When I click on the "FILE, OPEN" menu items I get a dialogue box showing a list of all the Excel files on my directory and then I can chose the file I want to open. Often, before I select which file I want, I need to resize the columns (Name, Size, type, modified) within that dialogue box to look at various properties and it would be ever so useful if there existed a Macro or utility that presented the list of files in a somewhat larger window so that I did not need to move the column widths each time. Needless to say, this does not just apply to Excel but that is a prog I ...

Unable to import Quicken file to Money
I am trying to import my QUICKEN 2004 data file (QDATA.QDF) into Money 2004. I followed all the directions and validated the QDATA file first, but NOTHING imports. All I get are messages that indicate "Your Quicken file contained invalid transaction types". The only transactions I have are account (Checking and Savings) transactions - debits and credits. I have tried this a number of times, and downloaded all updates to Money, but nothing ever converts. Can anyone help? You can not import Q2004 into M2004. You'll have to wait a few more days and then import it into M2...

outlook cant find file MSOE.DLL
when i try to open outlook an error msg comes up - cannot locate file MSOE.DLL. when i went to start, find, folder/files and searched for it i found it. how can i fix the problem please help. If you're using XP, it should be in the Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\Outlook Express. This implies that it associates with the user who's logged into the system. Are you logging in as User Name in the above example? If not, that's why it can't find it. Further help is available in MSOE.TXT in the same sub-directory. Good Luck! <dinky_devil@hotmail.com> wrote...

get a list of file in a directory
Hi. what would be the best way to return a list of files in a directory. I know in VB you could use the dir function, but what should i use in MFC. Doen anyone know of a class available where I could say return all the file in a certain directory and its sub directories Regards Dylan Take a look at the CFileFind MFC class. -- Cheers Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP] ----------------------------------- "Dylan Franklin" <dyl2000@lineone.net> wrote in message news:eHHBr0MxDHA.2436@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Hi. > > what would be the best way to return a list of files i...