open/save dialog title broken

The title bar of any Office 2003 program's open/save dialog has just a
single letter. Any ideas what's broken?

tbone
0
tbone

Cannot open the money program
I have been using Microsoft money for about 2 years. I got it pre-installed on my win XP Os via the Microsoft works suite 2003 that was also pre-installed for me. Now when I click to open the program, I get the following error message: "Cannot display the End User License Agreement which must be displayed and accepted before you can use the application. To display the agreement, reinstall the application" I cannot understand what has suddenly gone wrong to cause this problem. I have run the EULA fix but to no avail. Re-installing is a problem as I do not have the stand-alone money ...

The database is in an unexpected state; Microsoft Access can't open it.
This morning I encountered an unusual and scary problem. While trying to open one of our databases I recieved this error. The database is in an unexpected state; Microsoft Access can't open it. This database has been converted from a prior version of Microsoft Access by using the DAO CompactDatabase method instead of the Convert Database command on the Tools menu (Database Utilities submenu). This has left the database in a partially converted state. If you have a copy of the database in its original format, use the Convert Database command on the Tools menu (Database Utilities submenu) ...

Saving Question
Why does Excel sometimes ask me if I want to save my spreadhseet even though I haven't made any changes? For example, I just brought it up, made no changes, did nothing, and when I close it out I'm asked if I want to save. Never understood that. Some functions are "volatile" and force a recalculation upon opening the workbook. These commands include TODAY(), NOW(), AREAS() and some others I can't think of right now. Once the workbook is recalced, Excel assumes that it has changed, even if you didn't really change anything. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft...

Trigger Macro on Open Spreadsheet
How can we force a macro to execute whenever a spreadsheet is first opened? Hi do you mean the file? If yes either name your macro Auto_Open() or put your code in the workbook event Workbook_Open() -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Beckie Davis wrote: > How can we force a macro to execute whenever a spreadsheet > is first opened? ...

Saving size of CSplitterWnd
Hello! This is a rather long winded question but I hope that someone will read it! I have a MFC application with a Splitter Window. I use CreateStatic and it only containes two rows In CMainFrame::OnCreateClient !m_mainSplitter.CreateStatic( this, 2, 1 ) I then Create 2 views using !m_mainSplitter.CreateView( 0, 0, RUNTIME_CLASS(CCAMLaserView2), CSize(cr.Width(), cr.Height()/2), pContext ) !m_mainSplitter.CreateView( 1, 0, RUNTIME_CLASS(CCAMLaserView2), CSize(cr.Width(), cr.Height()/2), pContext ) I save the view sizes when ending the application so if this is the second ...

Check if Form is Open
I need to check to see if a form is open in the Onclose of another form. And if it is to requery it, if not do nothing. I did find a Function on The Access Web web site but I'm not sure how to utilize the function. Function fIsLoaded(ByVal strFormName As String) As Integer 'Returns a 0 if form is not open or a -1 if Open If SysCmd(acSysCmdGetObjectState, acForm, strFormName) <> 0 Then If Forms(strFormName).CurrentView <> 0 Then fIsLoaded = True End If End If End Function I need to run this in the OnClose of a form to see if frmHome is o...

cash drawer not opening but reciept is printing
I have installed Microsoft RMS 2.0 on Windows Vista. I had issues installing my EPSON printer TM-T88IV. It would not work when i put it as "OPOS" device but it worked when i switched it to a "Windows" Device. Now the reciept prints but the problem is that the cash drawer wont open when the reciept is printed. The cash drawer is APG VB 320-BL1616. Any ideas whats wrong with it? thanks Bad cable perhaps? Can you switch cables with another register that IS working to see if it's the cable/pin configuration? Just a thought. "Akbar Mian" wrote: > I...

Syntax to save ActiveCell to MyActiveCell then select later
Using 2003 Have been attempting to capture the range (or whatever I need) of an active cell to reselect later. I would like to perform the essence of the code below (but the syntax is not correct) Sub ReturnToOriginalActiveCell() Dim MyActiveCell As Range MyActiveCell = ActiveCell.?????????? [Other VBA Code] MyActiveCell.Select End Sub TIA Dennis Hi try sub foo() dim old_cell as range set old_cell = activecell 'your code old_cell.select end sub -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Dennis wrote: > Using 2003 > > Have been attempting to capture the range (or wh...

I don"t office,but need Excel or some part of it to open a web pag
help me I don't won't to load all of office "cowboy" wrote: > help me I don't won't to load all of office Hi you can buy Excel as separate product. -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "cowboy" <cowboy@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:5B015950-A7AC-49D0-9386-7EFFF9B9404D@microsoft.com... > help me I don't won't to load all of office Hi, When about to load office, choose custom. You can then choose when to load certain parts. You can install them when you use them the first time. The installer will ask ...

Saving customized toolbars?
Is there a file we can back up (like Word's normal.dot and Excel's Excel.xlb) that holds Publisher's toolbars? I have Publisher 2000. Tx. There isn't a customized toolbar menu for Publisher 2000. There are a few options, but nothing important enough to backup. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "StargateFan" <IDon'tAcceptSpam@IDon'tAcceptSpam.com> wrote in message news:45akl1lh36qjejkk01st55sb709qtn5inn@4ax.com... > Is there a file we can back up (like Word's normal.dot an...

VS2003
Hello, I have a dialog resource and have created CDialog and a CFormView classes for this dialog. If I right-click a control in my dialog I can create a variable for the control, but how do I specify which class the variable belongs to, ie. my CDialog or CFormView class? I don't see how I can tell the add variable class wizard to which class the variable should be added. I'm converting a Dialog based app to a doc-view type app and am experimenting with CFormView, which is why I have CFormView and CDialog classes referencing the same dialog resource. Thanks for any help. -R...

Excel files cannot open.
my office version is office 2000 SR-1,when open it ,Only any of the files appears error message" Excel.exe has generated errors and will be closed by the windows.you will need to restart the rogram. An error log is being created."But these files is very important,please ask for help,thanks lot. "benson.chen" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:052001c3d973$fffcf460$a401280a@phx.gbl: > my office version is office 2000 SR-1,when open it ,Only > any of the files appears error message" Excel.exe has > generated errors and will b...

How do I open a .pub file in publisher?
A customer sent me a .pub file. I had 97 version to no avail. Bought 2003 to no avail. How can I open the unknown version in an application with internal inconsistancy. I believe the current version of Publisher, 2003 will open all previous versions of Publisher files. Publisher 2003 requires Windows 2000 or XP. -- Don Vancouver, USA "Oscar" <Oscar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A2829F96-69EC-4E36-92A4-AD2A552F8101@microsoft.com... >A customer sent me a .pub file. I had 97 version to no avail. Bought 2003 >to > no avail. How can I open the...

Suddenly not able to save new or open previous files with name lengths over 45 characters
I'm using Excel 2003 if it matters ... I'm wondering if there is a known bug/issue on this. For what ever reason, when I try to save a new file (or for that matter open something done previously) with a name that has more than 45 characters or so (might be off by a couple), I get message that it can't save and then gives me a bunch of reasons (file path might not exist, might have too many characters, folder might be read only, etc). I know file exists in the folder I'm checking - I can email myself the file and open from the email so its definitely there! Any sane insight? ...

How can I save an email in Outlook to offline storage?
I am new to Outlook. Previously, I saved my emails, after reading, to a zip disk, in a WORD document, and organized them according to subject. I cannot find a way in Outlook 2003 to do this. There is no "save" or "save as" in the Files list; it is greyed out. How can I continue to save my emails as I desire? If you open a mail item you can use the File menu > Save option there to save an item individually or you can copy/export them to another PST file for storage together with other mail items/folders "Sandyc" <Sandyc@discussions.microsoft.com...

Which 'event' to run pivot chart formatting code on file open?
Greetings I have code to change my pivot chart type to a mix of line and column also to refomat colours I need to run the code so that the user sees the changes when the file is opened Ive tried the 'workbook open' event and the chart activate event but noy joy so far. (Once the file is open, manualy triggering the code works perfectly) Any ideas? Thanks I don't know why workbook_open doesn't work. You could use Application.OnTime to run your code a short time (like 2 sec) after the workbook opens. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Peltier Technical Services, Inc. http://Peltier...

Font Size Problem in Options Dialog Box
I recently noticed that the font size on each of the tabbed dialog boxes under Tools > Options is huge and the words don't even fit in the boxes. The font size of the tab titles in normal. Does anyone know what might cause this, or where it can be reset or adjusted? This condition is recent and has not always been this way. TIA -- Wayne Boatwright o�o ____________________ BIOYA Try starting Outlook one time with the /cleanviews switch. start->run->outlook.exe /cleanviews. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ...

Money 2006 freeze on opening a file
I have been helping a friend of mine setup his new computer, and everything has gone fairly smoothly except for using Money. He used to use Money 2000 on a Windows 98 machine, and Money 2006 was purchased for use with the new Windows XP machine. We are running into problems periodically when opening a file. Sometimes when trying to open a file, when another is already open, Money will just freeze up. This does not happen all of the time, and it does not seem to happen with any certain file. I have searched around a bit on Microsoft's Knowledge Base but have not been able to find...

Can't open office documents from my emails until word is openned f
When I try to open a word document or excel spreadsheet that is saved as an attachement to an email, I get the message: Windows cannot find ‘c:/users/mona/appdata/local\microsoft\windows\temporary internet files\low\content.IE5\SB2EHHFL\xxx[1].xls\’ Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again. If I open Word or Excel before clicking on the attachement to open it, then it works. This problem only happens when using my laptop which is running Windows Vista and office 2007. I do not have any problems with this on our desktop which is running XP and office 2003. Wo...

opening an old 1992 Word document, registry error
I tried to open a document created in 1992 but instead of opening I get a message that tells me I cannot because my registry doesn't allow it -- wrb See “Information about certain file types that are blocked after you install Office 2003 Service Pack 3” at http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=938810 -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Seabee74" <Seabee74@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6ADC0871-2FB3-4880-9525-5EFE3C3AD3C5@microsoft.com... >I tried to open a document...

Using Access 2007 to open ADP files from Access 2003
I have a few ADP files created in Access 2003 that connect to a SQL Server 2000 database. They have a lot of complex forms, reports, and extensive VBA code. I just upgraded to Windows Vista and Office 2007 through MSDN, and when I open the ADP files in Access 2007, they are excruciatingly slow and sometimes seem to choke entirely when loading some forms. Does anyone else have this problem or know what to do about it? Hi Scudder, I posted a comment a few days ago noting slowness of Access 2003 and 2007 with Vista in just running queries. So far there have been no responses. Hopefull...

How to track my saving?
Hi, I wonder how i can track my saving in Money 2004 Delexus. I set up some saving goals in my budget, but i don't see how Money provides assistance about how i am doing in fulfilling my saving goals. The feature i am looking for is this, when i have left over money in my budget each money, i want to be able to divide the leftover amount into a couple "virtual accounts", each of which tracks one of my saving goals. Then i want Money to be able to tell me how much i have saved towards each specific goal and how much more i need to save. I heard Quicken has this "virt...

outlok 2000 Wont open
We are runing windows 2000, and outlook 2000. We have someone trying to open outlok and it does not open.. It starts and the outlook screen shows for a short time, then it goes away and is listed in the task manager as not responding. Any suggestions on what to try? FYI: outlook is not runnnig exchange only regular internet email. Thanks With OUtlook closed, find and rename outcmd.dat to .old. Reopen Outlook and it should be pretty snappy. >-----Original Message----- >We are runing windows 2000, and outlook 2000. > >We have someone trying to open outlok and it does n...

XML Load and Save Exclusively
Hi, The following code just appends another copy of Xml to existing one. using (FileStream fs = new FileStream(path, FileMode.Open, FileAccess.ReadWrite, FileShare.None)) { xmldoc = new XmlDocument(); xmldoc.Load(fs); // would like to do something, like add a node. // for example below, do nothing here. xmldoc.Save(fs); } I would like to read an Xml file exclusively, append a node and save. The above code, which does nothing other than just open and save immediately, will attach two copie...

Save a CBitmap to disk, possible?? pleeze help!
i dont know how to do this!!! i know i can attach it to a CImage and then save it, but is it also possible in another way?? thanx ! I don't believe that a CBitmap is actually connected to any bitmap really. If you were to serialize it, you'd just end up with a couple of member variables and maybe a pointer to where the data was at one time. I think what you need to do is call the GetBitmapBits function and save all of that data, then upon restore recreate the CBitmap with SetBitmapBits. >-----Original Message----- >i dont know how to do this!!! >i know i can attach...