office xp pro academic edition

Can i set up xp pro academic edition if i'm not a student?

"jds" <jds@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Can i set up xp pro academic edition if i'm not a student?

Depends on license version.  May be while in school only or employed only or
it may be a perpetual license while you were a student.  We can't answer
that question.  If you have never been employed or a student and obtained it
through the school, you would be in violation of the license agreement but
this version is no longer supported by MS so....  It still needs to be
activated.

0
LVTravel

Access 2007 Special Effect Text Box Won't show Sunken with Windows XP
Hi All I am just getting to grips with Access 2007 and one of the quirks I have found is that when I design using Windows in XP Windows-Classic colors and set the text boxes on forms' special effect property to "sunken" They appear as sunken in the correct manner. However, when I change to the Windows XP color scheme the forms text boxes appear flat even though the special effect property has not changed. Any ideas or is it a new quirk we have to live with. I haven't tried it with Vista yet. That should be interesting Thanks Bob I am quite sure this is the same for acce...

Office 2007 non-commercial use + Code 78F when updating
Hi All, Have a couple questions relating a Vista/Office 2007. We bought a sony vaio laptop that came pre-intalled with a trial license of office 2007. I un-installed Office completely and install a fresh copy of our partner license copy of office 2007, but when loading any office application now its shows 'Microsoft Outlook non-commercial use' and same for word,excel, etc. Anyone have any idea why this is? Second question is relating to windows updates in Vista; I get an error Code 78F when trying to install any update, and the soultions i try doesnt seem to resolve this issue....

Can I download embedded midi file in XP ?
Hi, I am using IE7 with XP. Would it be possible to download an embedded midi file from a web site? The source code is something like: if(ap_name=='Netscape') { document.write('<embed src="/data/midi/music/ss100.mid" autostart =true hidden=true loop=2') } else { document.write('<bgsound src="/data/midi/music/ss100.mid" autostart =true hidden=true loop=2') Thanks Patrick wrote: > Hi, > > I am using IE7 with XP. > > Would it be possible to download an embedded midi fil...

2003 exchange standard edition
I have a 2003 domain controller with exchange 2003/one storage group/store. I want to setup a mailbox management policy to manage the users folders. I have done this before with enterprise edition but a different way than I am trying now. I setup the policy to find any exchange user with the word 'Limits' set as their number 1 extened attribute. When I setup the policy the find now feature finds my one test user but when I run mailbox management it runs against everyone on that server/store. In the policy I did not specify a server/storeage group. And when I test the policy it fi...

Mac Office 2004 Select Version & purchasing Office 2007
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3282203639_150809 Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit Hello, All through the Fall, our University advertised a deal from Microsoft similar to the Super Suite Deal wherein purchasing Microsoft Select Office 2004 Standard Mac for $75 would qualify one to purchase Mac Office 2008 for the $10 (just the S&H charges). Now they inform me that that Microsoft reneged (their word) on that deal and t...

Trying to configure two exchange accounts with Office 2007 and Exc
Hi, A few months ago at work we switched servers. We sent from the Exchange 2003 to 2007 and all computers had to be re-added to the domain. While we've had some problems here and there, there is one I have yet to solve. We have a computer running Vista, I think 32-bit, that we to configure two exchange accounts on. We use Office 2007 Enterprise edition. And while I can get both accounts working within the same view in Outlook 2007, I can't get them configured like I had before. One account is my own personal bus account and the other is a shared account. ...

Microsoft Office 2000 error 1706
I have a reoccuring error with Office 2000 on multiple machines, where it attempts to install the program every time it loads. The program install was done as a custom where all features were installed to the hard disk. The only personel that have the problem are those that are not administrators to the local machine. And even after an Administrator has used every application, a common domain user still has recieves the 1706 error. Each install is updated to SR-1 and Service Pack 3. Any input on this problem would be greatly appreciated. ...

Problem installing free trial of Office 07
My Dad's just bought a new laptop and with it comes a free 60-day trial of Microsoft Office 2007. However, when he clicks on it, he simply gets a message telling him "You are not authorised to view this page - HTTP error 401.2: Unauthorised, access is denied due to server configuration." What does this mean, and how do we correct it and download the free trial? Try this URL: http://us20.trymicrosoftoffice.com/default.aspx BTW, This newsgroup is dedicated to the Microsoft Access database product. The Microsoft website may have misdirected you. -- Arvin Meyer,...

xp peers to peer networks
I will be running an MSAccess 2003 application split into front end and back end on an xp peer to peer network. If the 'server' computer which holds the 'shared data ' is XP Pro system how many clients can I link to it. Is it a lesser number if I run XP Home on the server. If I split the data on the 'server' into more than one mdb file does that have an implication on the number of clients. thank you .... You should be fine if you run it as a split database. It should be a split frontend/backend with each computer having the frontend on their computer. How many...

Reinstalling Office X After a HD Failure
My HD had a catastrophic failure and I had to replace it. Now I am = trying to=20 reinstall Office X from the most recent upgrade disk (I've purchased = every=20 upgrade for as long as I have been using Office) and the software is = looking=20 for the older version for upgrade verification. =20 I've systematically "browsed" to the CDs from every earlier verion I = have, but=20 the verification is not accepted. Suggestions? Rodney Dixon <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > My HD had a catastrophic failure and I had to replace it. Now I am trying to > ...

How do I install Access 2003 under MS Office 2007
I am trying to install Access 2003, but because I have Office 2007 installed, the system is telling me that I need to have Office 97, 2000 or 2003. Is this correct? I loaded my old Access 97 CD, but the system tells me that it can't find Office 97, 2000 or 2003. Is there an upgrade for Access 2003? What do I do? Thanks... It is generally recommended to install versions of Office/Access in the order they were published. I have done otherwise though. It is imperative that you install each version in it's own directory, otherwise they will overwrite one another and crea...

Excel and open office
I have made an excel file and protected sheets in it and even hidden some of the worksheets with macros. But when i open the xls file in Open Office (linux) It shows all the worksheets and there is no protection. I dont want to display the hidden sheets in any OS(or Package). any work arounds? Kindly help Hi Priya, workaround: Don't use Open Office or pretend it doesn't exist. Open Office is a different software program, it can read Excel files but it is not Excel. It's great for recovery of Excel files. Possibly features of exposing data while helpful in some areas a...

windows 7 pro 64bit installing 32bit app
i am installing a 32 bit app on a 64 bit win7 platform it registers regsize32.ocx in the install but when i try and load the app it fails on that file and i can not run regsvr32 as the file is not present where does win7 place 32 but drivers like program files x86 You will find the 32bit version of regsvr32 at c:\windows\syswow64. The ocx might be in the same folder as regsvr32 or could be in the folder where you installed the app (\program files(x86)). "Stuart Macleod" <StuartMacleod@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A82A204E-43C3-4BB6-9691-6DB4...

Out off office
Have a problem: A user try use his Out Off Office, but when people are sending him a mail they dont get an answer... When i use the Out Off Office.. There is no problem!! Are the people who do not receive the Out of Office message internal or external? If external, this is by design. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer Martin <hogies12@ofir.dk> asked: | Have a problem: A use...

Can i edit layout of the "Navigation Pane" #2
I would like to specifically remove the "favourites folder" section as well as the "Buttons" by the bottom and just simply have the folders structure... Can this be done? FYI, Outlook 2003 SP2 Cheers, It's OK.. Based on the searches i have done, looks like you cannot remove these options.. Cheers, vwboss@gmail.com wrote: > I would like to specifically remove the "favourites folder" section as > well as the "Buttons" by the bottom and just simply have the folders > structure... > > > Can this be done? > > &g...

Outlook XP SP2 and McAfee
I am running Outlook 2003 on a XP Pro SP2 machine. McAfee VirusScan is configured to scan outbound messages. I do not appear to have any trouble sending out email. Although, occasionally, after the email is sent, the McAfee VirusScan - Outbound E-mail Scan Status popup window does not close. Even though it states that '2 of 2 e-mail messages were sent', it also states 'McAfee VirusScan is currently scanning e-mail content and attachments prior to sending'. In these cases, I have to kill the VirusScan process through the Task Manager. Like I said, it appears that the...

How to add DHCP mgmt console to XP
Hi Is there a way I can manage DHCP running on SBS2003, or at least look into the current lease list from an XP client? How can I run the dhcpmgmt.msc from an XP client? Thanks Franz Maybe RDC into the SBS from the XP client? -Larry -Please post the resolution to your issue so others may benefit. -Get Your SBS Health Check at www.sbsbpa.com > Hi > > Is there a way I can manage DHCP running on SBS2003, or at least look > into the current lease list from an XP client? > How can I run the dhcpmgmt.msc from an XP client? > Thanks > Franz Tha...

Change way attachments show up in XP Office
In Office XP Pro, my attachments, both received and sent, are now showing up just under the "Subject" box as file names. I want to change attachments back so that they appear as an icon down below the body of the message as they did in previous versions of OutLook. Any suggestions are most welcome. If you have a solution, please email me at: rweeks@cableone.net anytime. Thanks It all depends on your message format. HTML puts the attachment in the header. Rich Text puts it in the body. Plain Text puts it below the message body in a separate window. --� Milly Staples [MV...

outlook outside the office
can you set up an outlook account that works in network and uses a pop3 to work at home off network as long as they have a connection (they use a cable connection at home)? Thanks for any help Use Outlook Web Access to access your emails from home. ...

In Office 2007, how do I get rows to break across pages?
Office 2003 allowed you to format a table, and there was an option to click that a row could break across pages. I have not discovered how to do this in Office 2007. Any suggestions? In article <D883043B-5FC4-43D6-AA0E-D2B5FAC49AE2@microsoft.com>, Powerpoint Queen wrote: > Office 2003 allowed you to format a table, and there was an option to click > that a row could break across pages. I have not discovered how to do this in > Office 2007. Any suggestions? You can't do this in any version of PowerPoint. This being a PowerPoint newsgroup, I had to mention...

Reinstalling Office
I have 2 machines a G4 and and iBook. I have had Office running on both of them as allowed for in the license agreement. However , when I did a clean install of 10.3 on my iBook (in order to get rid of a partition on a 20 meg. HD done when I installed 10.1) I had to reinstall Office X. It was an upgrade from Office 98. I managed to get it installed. But then when I opened Word I was informed I had exceeded the installation limit allowed for in the license. I could not find a reference to that limit in the license. So what am I to do? I only own 2 machines. I use the iBook when I travel but now...

how do I change default editing options in word 2007?
Every time I open a document or restart word 2007, I have to go back into the options and tell it once again NOT to select the entire word. How can I change this option and make it stay changed? Assuming that you are using a stand-alone computer, try deleting the Data key in Word; see http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/MissingMenusEtc.htm. On the other hand, if you are on a corporate network, you may be prevented from saving changes to the Word Options. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Pat Bowne" <Pat Bowne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ne...

Microsoft Office Cracks when Saving Document
Hi guys! I've a problem with the Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac. Whenever I want to save any document (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) it cracks, the little coloured circle appears and the program gets blocked. There's no way to save any document. I've noted, that the problem is the screen resolution. I'm using a 640x 480 resolution, but if I change it to 720 x 400 the program begins to work without problems. The problem is that I'm using a Samsung LCD Television/PC display, but the matrix of the screen is only 640x480. I used a S-video adapter to change the video input, and the...

Outlook and Word 2003 editing and error problem
This is a problem happened on a company PC that IT controls the updates (security, anti-virus) in the night. One day morning, I started having the problems below. I didn't install anything before, but was sure something was installed by company IT that early morning. I turned off the PC and it was on the next day. problems: 1. I can't use mouse to move the cursor to a specific location in the editing window, but I can on the header (to:, subject). I have to use arrow keys to navigate when editing. 2. I can't launch Word whenever Outlook is open. Once Outlook is quit, Wo...

out of the office/office assistant
outlook 2002 under tools I do not have a out of the office slection I tried to change a setting under advanced settings but this did not work. I think I need to make a registrey change but can not find one for the 2002 product. please help Out of Office works only if you connect to an Exchange server. Otherwise, you'll have to spoof it with rules - and this means leaving Outlook open & connected to the Internet for the duration of your absence. See http://www.slipstick.com/rules/index.htm jay wrote: > outlook 2002 under tools I do not have a out of the > office slection I t...