Office Programs "hang up" on Send Attachment

I am using Office 2007.  When I attempt to send an open document from Excel
or Word using the Email icon in my small toolbar, the originating program and
Outlook "hang up" for about a minute and a half.  The document being emailed
is saved on a network.

Any ideas of what could be causing this issue?

might try to see
if it hangs via
safe mode /w
networking.

--

db·´¯`·...¸><)))º>
DatabaseBen, Retired Professional

"MReed" <MReed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7134932A-6CE4-45F2-A296-6F8C79B79480@microsoft.com...
> I am using Office 2007.  When I attempt to send an open document from Excel
> or Word using the Email icon in my small toolbar, the originating program and
> Outlook "hang up" for about a minute and a half.  The document being emailed
> is saved on a network.
>
> Any ideas of what could be causing this issue?

0
db

RMS Hang up
Hi All On RMS-POS, after we issued transaction it's come Change screen ,cashier will returned change and close cash draower after that press enter to close change screen. The problem when he press enter POS is hang up to 15 secound and that problem it's happen so many time. Is there anybody khnow about this? we use RMS 1.2 with dongole 1.3. -- MOH.OWN THE BODY SHOP K.S.A MOB:+966 557266607 In Register Properties, Cash Drawer Tab, make sure "Wait for drawer close" is unchecked. This may not be the problem, but it's the only thing I can think of that might ca...

Office Programs "hang up" on Send Attachment
I am using Office 2007. When I attempt to send an open document from Excel or Word using the Email icon in my small toolbar, the originating program and Outlook "hang up" for about a minute and a half. The document being emailed is saved on a network. Any ideas of what could be causing this issue? might try to see if it hangs via safe mode /w networking. -- db·´¯`·...¸><)))º> DatabaseBen, Retired Professional - Systems Analyst - Database Developer - Accountancy - Veteran of the Armed Forces - Microsoft Partner ...

Slow downs and Hang Ups when using Outlook
I currently have three users noticing issues when accessing thing in Outlook. All are using W98 and Outlook 2000. The first user has "slow downs" when moving from e- mails without attachments to e-mails with attachments (preview pane open). It will take 10 to 15 seconds for the message to load. The other two users are noticing severe slow downs and their system will often hang when scrolling through their Address Book. Navigating the address book is taking 15 to 20 seconds to respond or it stops all together. Also, at times when trying to send a message to several addre...

Downloads that hang up at 99%
Since IE8 was installed on my computer, many downloads hang up at 99%...any help? Hi, Easiest procedures listed first. Test after each step. 1. Clear the Temporary Internet Files and set the Temporary Internet Files to no larger than 100 MB. 2. Start Internet Explorer without add-ons by right-clicking the IE icon on the desktop. Choose Start without add-ons. or from Start> Programs> Accessories> System tools> Internet Explorer (no add-ons) If the problem goes away, you have an incompatible browser add-on installed. For troubleshooting information see: IEBlog ...

send/receive hang ups
I've searched for this exact content and haven't found it listed here, so I apologize if this is a topic you've solved before ;). When I create or reply to a message and hit send/receive, sometimes the message goes immediately. Often however, the display first says 100%, but the message is still processing. Then it times out, tries again, but drops to 66%. Then 33%, etc.. The only way to send the message now is to reboot completely. But invariably during the new session it will happen again. This happens more often when replying to a message. It is unrelated to file s...

Outlook 2003 on Exchange Server 2000 hang ups
If a user installs OL 2003 on a computer and access their 2000 exchange e-mail folders, then tries to access the exchange e-mail folders with OL 2000. OL2000 will no longer function properly (hangs, will not close, must be closed with end task.) :dc Try starting Outlook 2000 with the /cleanreminders and /cleanfreebusy command line switches. "dcook" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:e5a201c43c66$1571d950$a301280a@phx.gbl... > If a user installs OL 2003 on a computer and access their > 2000 exchange e-mail folders, then tries to access the ...

Excell and Word Hang up when attempting use Save As command
I have just installed latest updates for office 2003 and now find that when I attempt to use the save as command the application hangs up and prompts me to send a report to microsoft when I terminate a non-responding program. Any ideas as to what is wrong? Maybe... http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/918165 Problems in Windows Explorer or the Windows shell after you install security update MS06-015 Microsoft Patch Snafu Grows, Users Seek Workaround http://www.techweb.com/wire/security/185303742 Scuta wrote: > > I have just installed latest updates for office 2003 and ...

Credit Card Processing Hang Up's?
I have 3 computers running RMS 2.0 two of the registers, and the back office is just the database/Manager. Using the two registers we process credit cards through Mercury, and just as of late I started to have issues with transactions hanging on for a long time (5+ minutes) before they go through...a lot of the times when a transaction hangs we usually shut down and re-boot, and process the transaction using a counter Credit Card processing machine. Any ideas as to why they Credit machine might be having hanging ups? We are connected to the internet using Cable...if that helps! -- ...

mapisp32 hang up
I am using Outlook 97 v 8.02.4212. I had problems which I thought I had resolved after uninstalling and re- installing and running the scan pst utility. Finally I was able to send and receive mail again. However, this morning it is not working again. When it checks for mail, it gets hung up and task manager shows mapisp32 is running, and that seems to be the problem because until I end the task everything just hangs. However, I do not get my mail if I end task. Please, any ideas? ...

outlook 2000 doesn't hang up properly
When I use the auto connect facility to get my email outlook doesn't hang up properly after a few times. This makes my modem unusable until I reboot. Anyone Know what's causing this? ...

application hang up
More often I'm getting an application hang up event ID 1002. Described in my event log. I have windows XP and Office XP. Everything locks up when I try to access word files for e-mail attachments. My hard drive sounds like it's going to fly out of my tower. The only solution I have is to manually shut off power then reboot. What the hey is going on....anybody.. Thanks Denny >-----Original Message----- >More often I'm getting an application hang up event ID >1002. Described in my event log. I have windows XP and >Office XP. Everything locks up when I ...

Hang up when finished
When we are doing send/receive in Outlook Express there is an option "Hang up when finished". What do we have to do in Outlook XP ? Tools/Options/Mail Setup/Hang up when finished does not hang up the modem. Set your connection type to Phone Line. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Tork2001" <tork2001@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:u2WW7I6$DHA.1844@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > When we are doing send/receive in Outlook Express there is an option "Hang > up when finished". > > What do we have to do in Outlook XP ? > > Tools/Options/Mail Se...

microsoft Excel 2003 always hang up
Anyone face same problem? I'm using WinXP Prof (OEM) and OfficeXP 2003 (OEM) Excel will hang up after a few minutes of work. Hi Andy! The most likely cause is that a vital area of the system used by Excel is full of junk and needs clearing out. Close down and re-open the computer just to make sure that all installations are complete. Find and Select C:\Documents and Settings\<user>\local settings\temp They are left behind by installing programs but Excel needs the space. Try again with Excel. Bloated xlb File (A possibility but not previously noted with Office XP) Next is...

Mfg MO Receipt Hang Up
I have a user that was doing a MO Recipt and his workstation locked up. Now I seem to have a MO receipt that is hung. I think I see the problem in the MOP1020 table. I see the component serial numbers i need before it will now let me MO receipt. Can anyone tell me what the MOP1020 table is? and if no one is in Dynamics, should this table be empty? (you cant 'save' a MO receipt to I am thinking this table should only have something in it if there is a MO receipt happening right now that is not posted?) Also, the MOP1025 table and the MOP1090 and MOP1095. Does anyone know ...

Why does Excel hang up when trying to open files?
I have Office 2003 with Excel 2003 installed. When I try to open files from the peer-to-peer network, the program hangs up and will not go any further. At that point I have to shut it down. I can access the network with other programs including Word so I know it's not the network. Anybody have any ideas? ...

Large emails hang up Outlook
My webhost recently changed email servers and since that time I've noted that emails larger than roughly 100K seldom get through. I used a packet sniffer to examine the exchange and it appears to be identical to that for smaller emails that work. When the final packet from the server arrives, I (Outlook) ACKs it with the expected sequence and acknowledgement values but it does nothing further. After 5 minutes the server times out. After several (up to 20-30) tries spanning a few hours to a few days, the large email typically gets through and the exchange looks identical except tha...

Crystal Reports 9 hang up
Good afternoon! While creating a report in Crystal Reports 9.2.2 using the Crystal Reports Wizard, Crystal just seems to hang indefinitely after clicking "finish". I'm not even sure where to start to give you guys the information necessary to troubleshoot this. I've looked at so many aspects and potential solutions to no avail that I have now lost complete track. Any ideas? ...

outlook send errors and hang ups
I have several email addresses in outlook, 1 is my default. I use 1 ISP for hosting our domain, and Verizon for access through DSL. Most of my messages are sent, but 3-8 times a day, the send locks up and freezes. It simply doesn't send, sometimes sitting in my outbox and freezeing the send recieve progress, and sometimes sending me a note saying the message was unable to be sent. HELP please, no idea. spoke to both my isp's to no avail. Thanks. Jamie ...

RMS POS Hang up
Dear All, We are implementing RMS 2.0.0105 (10 POS machines), On RMS-POS, after we issued transaction it's come Change screen, cashier will returned change and close cash drawer after that all POS is hanging up to 3 minutes and there will be no receipt to view although the sales records in database. That problem it's happen so many times in during the day. This error happened recently after we install mcafee antivirus and we change from Workgroup to domain. Is this change affect RMS or there is something else? Thanks & Best Regards, Ibrahim Zubair ...

Adding Account hang up....
scenario: I am trying to add an exchange account to an Outlook 2002 profile. My exchange server is up and running, with public folders that have to be viewed by all within our intranet. I am reciveing an error message after tools/options/mail setup/e-mail accounts/add exchange server..... " You cannot add a Microsoft Exchange Account[to this profile] while outlook is running. Please exit Outlook and use the Mail Icon under Control Panel to add Microsoft Exchange Account." Mail icon: returns this error..." you need more memory or system resources. Close windows and tr...

Having more hang up problems...
I have had problems with Money hanging up whenever I try to change what M07 automatically matches to the transactions I have downloaded. Never have fixed this, even after removing all bills data and file repair. Now, M07 is hanging up when I try to balance my account. I get it to reconcile with 0.00 difference, hit "Next" and.... nothing. having to force it down. Any ideas that may help? Thanks I'm not sure how to work around this yet, but I have the same problem also. After changing automatically downloaded transactions that have been matched with some bill set u...

Great Plain 9.0 Hang up
i, I upgrade to Great Plains 9.0 from 8.0. Everything seems OK, the only issue is Great Plains 9.0 looked hang-up when I log in one of companies as sa. In DEXSQL.LOG, I found the Great Plains run zDP_SOP10100SS_1 'Order Number', 3 zDP_RM00101SS_1 'Customer Number' zDP_IV40201SS_1 'EACH' zDP_IV00101SS_1 'Each Item in that order' Above stored procedure seems run on each order, and there is thousands orders in that company, I wonder how long it may take. In my case, the Great Plains is just hang there for hours till I kill the process So, i...

Why does this TextOut() sometimes hang up?
I tried to make the equivalent of a simple ProgressBar by displaying a count in the window of the outermost one of several nested loops. This process is very CPU intensive so I have to force screen updates. The count works correctly unless I move the window, and then the window is no longer updated. What is causing this, and how can I fix it? // The TextOut() display code inside a very tight loop ClientArea.TextOut(0, 0, String, strlen(String)); MainWin->InvalidateRect(NULL); MainWin->UpdateWindow(); // Window member data CDC ClientArea; // virtual window device...

point of sale hang up
can anyone help. whenever i run the sales tax analysis report in manager, the point of sales hang up. my tellers cannot perform cashing functions. what could be the problem? i have to run the report before or after the store closes. Please help. Dexter That is very strange. I've never run into that problem, and I've run that report randomly during the day through the years. Is it 1.2, 1.3, or 2.0, and what build? MSDE, SQL 2005 Express, or full SQL? I am probably not going to be any help here, it's beyond my pay grade. :-) But anyone that might be able to ...

Outlook Express hang up when I click on Inbox.
Hello! Please somebody give me the solution in Outlook Express when I click on Inbox Outlook Express is not responding. Regards, Jitendra Jadav. Jitendra <jitendrajadav.edp@sahajanand.co.in> wrote: > Please somebody give me the solution in Outlook > Express when I click on Inbox Outlook Express is not > responding. Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup. -- Brian Tillman ...