Office Products

Hi,

I did a newsgroup list reset in Outlook Express on msnews.microsoft.com and
lost the following groups:
microsoft.public.excel
microsoft.public.excel.newusers
microsoft.public.powerpoint
microsoft.public.word.newusers

Are those no longer available?  Were those replaced by another group
name(s)?

Thanks,

Mark

0
MarkC

Microsoft is in the process of transitioning from newsgroups to
moderated forums.  Please visit:
http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/group/Office

MarkC wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I did a newsgroup list reset in Outlook Express on msnews.microsoft.com and
> lost the following groups:
> microsoft.public.excel
> microsoft.public.excel.newusers
> microsoft.public.powerpoint
> microsoft.public.word.newusers
>

> Are those no longer available?  Were those replaced by another group
> name(s)?
>

> Thanks,
>
> Mark

0
Leroy
6/6/2010 9:27:25 PM
Thank You,
Mark

"Leroy" <leroy@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> Microsoft is in the process of transitioning from newsgroups to moderated
> forums.  Please visit:
> http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/group/Office
>
> MarkC wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I did a newsgroup list reset in Outlook Express on msnews.microsoft.com
>> and lost the following groups:
>> microsoft.public.excel
>> microsoft.public.excel.newusers
>> microsoft.public.powerpoint
>> microsoft.public.word.newusers
>>

>> Are those no longer available?  Were those replaced by another group
>> name(s)?
>>

>> Thanks,
>>
>> Mark

0
MarkC
6/6/2010 9:36:05 PM
On Sun, 06 Jun 2010 16:27:25 -0500, Leroy wrote:

> Microsoft is in the process of transitioning from newsgroups to
> moderated forums.  Please visit:
> http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/group/Office

In addition to Leroy's answer, my company has a blog -

Microsoft Forums NNTP Bridge - Instructions to use
http://profileexchanges.com/blog/?p=397

to help those who want to continue to use their Newsgroup client (reader)
to post and view forum messages in their Newsgroup client.

Instructions are also available at Microsoft Connect -

https://connect.microsoft.com/MicrosoftForums

but our blog gives some step by step instructions that might simplify the
process for some.

There are TWO NNTP Bridges available.

* The Microsoft Forums NNTP Bridge can be used to participate in MSDN,
TechNet, Expression, and General Microsoft forums.

* The Microsoft Answers NNTP Bridge can be used to participate in Answers
forums only.

David

--
From David Troxell - Encourager Software
Email - mailto:office2010_Remove_@_Me_encouragersoftware.com
Microsoft Forums NNTP Bridge - Instructions to use
http://profileexchanges.com/blog/?p=397
0
David
6/6/2010 10:08:21 PM
Unfortunately, the performance of the bridges -- both the two Microsoft ones
and the open source Community one -- leave a lot to be desired.

Assume you have setup a forum in Agent 6 and download current messages
through one of the bridges.  If you close Agent and close the bridge the
next time you startup the bridge and Agent and try to download new headers
from a forum with a few new headers but a large number of posts (i.e. 10K+)
you will wait for a very long time.  While Agent can identify and download a
few new headers from any size newsgroup in a few seconds the bridge
interface requires tens of minutes for large forums.

David Troxell - Encourager Software <C3P_Remove_@_Me_encouragersoftware.com>
wrote:

>On Sun, 06 Jun 2010 16:27:25 -0500, Leroy wrote:
>
>> Microsoft is in the process of transitioning from newsgroups to
>> moderated forums.  Please visit:
>> http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/group/Office
>
>In addition to Leroy's answer, my company has a blog -
>
>Microsoft Forums NNTP Bridge - Instructions to use
>http://profileexchanges.com/blog/?p=397
>
>to help those who want to continue to use their Newsgroup client (reader)
>to post and view forum messages in their Newsgroup client.
>
>Instructions are also available at Microsoft Connect -
>
>https://connect.microsoft.com/MicrosoftForums
>
>but our blog gives some step by step instructions that might simplify the
>process for some.
>
>There are TWO NNTP Bridges available.
>
>* The Microsoft Forums NNTP Bridge can be used to participate in MSDN,
>TechNet, Expression, and General Microsoft forums.
>
>* The Microsoft Answers NNTP Bridge can be used to participate in Answers
>forums only.
>
>David
>

>> MarkC wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I did a newsgroup list reset in Outlook Express on msnews.microsoft.com and
>>> lost the following groups:
>>> microsoft.public.excel
>>> microsoft.public.excel.newusers
>>> microsoft.public.powerpoint
>>> microsoft.public.word.newusers
>>>

>>> Are those no longer available?  Were those replaced by another group
>>> name(s)?
>>>

>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Mark

0
Stewart

Office 2007
Hi all gurus, I have information typed into word 2007, what i want to do now is insert all that information into a table with 3 columns and 10 rows. Is there a simple way to do this? Thanks. "Neil Holden" <NeilHolden@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B0B36A19-E6DE-4F2B-88B8-2A201C06B0F6@microsoft.com... > Hi all gurus, > > I have information typed into word 2007, what i want to do now is insert > all > that information into a table with 3 columns and 10 rows. Is there a > simple > way to do this? > > Thanks....

how many computers can I put my office 2007 on?
heard so many different answers... I have 07 pro, and was wondering how many in my house can use it. Kids have a pc. I have a 2 LT the den has a pc.... so that is 4 here.... can I put it on all of them? thanks in advance to those from MS that answer. Joe (friendly Manitoba canada) The answer is in your EULA. Read it to find out. "How many computers/Office 07" <How many computers/Office 07@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CAEB27EF-0ED3-4824-94C4-A895B96D0146@microsoft.com... : heard so many different answers... I have 07 pro, and was wondering ...

Merging excel office data into a publisher office project(Australi
Having problems when I get to the point in the merge wizard "catalog merge template", with the DOB format to be entered into the membership card that I have made in Publisher. It reverts back to American date format. Could the problem be in the edit record section? All seems to be okay till then. I have checked the regional settings etc., all okay. When I have finished template of merge & highlighted the DOB field gone to language on tool bar and set language it still doesn't work then preview, it has reverted to American. ...

Out of office reply #8
I have Outlook 2000 and I wish to set up an out of office reply. How do I go about setting up? Thanks Danielle ...

Back Office Computer operating system choice
I get stufff dumped in my lap. Customer has 2 computers and 8 POS terminals all running Windows XP Pro. Wants to add more terminals, which means upgrading the operating system on the computer acting as the pos "server" The hardware is up to the task, Intel motherboard with 533 FSB, 3Gb cpu, 2 GB 533 DDR2 memory, SATA drives running Raid 5, GB nic on board. The question is which server software to go with. From reading other posts it looks like Small Business Server 2003 Standard is not the way to go, it wont load SQL server, and the "built in" SQL data base in RMS...

Office 2003 Opening a new Excel Doc.
I just updated to Office 2003 and everytime I open up a new workbook a blank workbook name PERSONAL opens as well. How do I change that from happeneing?? Thanx, Jesse Hi Jesse Window>Hide and save the personal.xls When you record a macro you have the option to save the macro in this hidden workbook so you can use the macro in all your workbooks. You can find the file in your Xlstart folder -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Jesse" <Jesse@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:65505D55-31EB-4BAA-A32D-B052F70E03AD@microsoft.com... >I just...

Moving office 2008 to a new mac
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I bought a new Mac, at this moment i have a MacBookPro width has installed Office 2008 and i need to install my office 2008 in my new Mac how can i proceed? As I understand it: The End User License Agreement (EULA) permits you to install using the same product key on one Desktop & one Laptop system per license. You are permitted to *run* the software on only one of those systems at a time. So based on what I can tell from your message you should be able to just install Office 2008 on the second system. If you'r...

Deployment Office 2003
In my organization we are going to deploy Office2003 Pro with SMS, I am using an MST file, I have some Questions:: 1. How can I config in outlook 2003 the field: SIZE in the inbox/sent items to all of my users in the deployment, Is it with OPS file and how can I do it...??? 2. In the Installation proccess : How can I make the OUTLOOK ICON appear in the desktop, not in a mode of shoutcut but in amode that I can change profile's user from it...??? 3. In the Installation Mode: How can make the CANCEL button to disapear..??? Thax OR 1) You would have to provide a script to ...

Office Accounting Professional 2009
Hello everyone, In looking over our Technet applications, I was wanting to test out Office Accounting Professional 2009 due to limitations we have found in our normal accounting product Simply Accounting. When installing the product, everything goes fine, but we are unable to setup a Canadian company. Is there a version that will allow us to do this? I noticed there are two versions, one being the English - United States version, and one English-United Kingdom. Will the latter one work for Canadian customers? Any help would be very appreciated, Peter Skinner Edmonton ...

office home and student 2007
I am an appraiser and bought a list of e-mail addresses of loan officers that were sent to me through excel. How do I copy and paste so I can e-mail a letter to these loan officers? I now notice on the Microsoft box that this is licensed for noncommercial use. Does this mean I wasted my money on the Microsoft product? Or am I missing something? Help! Thanks. ron5668 <ron5...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote... >I am an appraiser and bought a list of e-mail addresses of loan officers that >were sent to me through excel. How do I copy and paste so I can e-mail a >letter to th...

How get rid of Office Discussion Groups on far left of screen
When I come to this discussion group there is a grey area on the left of my screen that lists the Office Discussion Groups. I would guess there is a way to close this or get it off screen but if there is, I can't find it. It is taking up a significant amout of screen realty. Woody wrote: >When I come to this discussion group there is a grey area on the left of my >screen that lists the Office Discussion Groups. > >I would guess there is a way to close this or get it off screen but if there >is, I can't find it. It is taking up a significant amout of screen...

Recording Macros using Office 97 with Windows XP ( user level not.
Unable to record macros in excell, office97 Using windowsXP as an User but can as an administrator? Hi maybe the location/folder for personal.xls is restricted for your user account -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany sp2 wrote: > Unable to record macros in excell, office97 Using windowsXP as an > User but can as an administrator? ...

Printed product is not as in print preview.
I designed a 6x4 card using gthe photo tray and photo paper. When I use the print setup page I see the correct preview. But when I print or select print preview from the main tool bar I get 2 pages and my project split. I cannot see to force a wysiwyg type print. I assume you are using Publisher 2007. When you are finished creating your publication... File, Print, On this screen re-setup your publication and printer, there is a print preview on this screen, it should preview correctly and print correctly. Have you tried using one of the Avery US Letter templates? -- Mary Sauer MSFT M...

Question on single product key and home wireless network
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel I just want to clarify how a single product key/license works when installed on desktop and laptop. It seems that I can use both, but it won't work when Office detects itself on another computer on a local network. What exactly does "local network" mean? I have a wireless network I use at home; does this mean that if I am working at home, I can't have run Office on both computers? For example, if I needed to send something to print from my desktop, I would need to close Office on my laptop first? Just t...

OL 2002
I am trying to install Outlook 2002 from my CD to a new computer. When I input my 25 character product key it tells me that it is not valid even though I have the disk and the cert. of Auth. to match. If it is an OEM license you cannot transfer it to another computer; those are tied to the computer with which it came. For activation issues you'll have to contact Microsoft. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Navigation Pane Tips & Tricks -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Warren" <anonymous@di...

Out of office is not functioning
We have Exchange2003 and Win2003 running. The client is using office2003. I just noticed that our "out of office" is not working for external email message, but works OK internally. Any idea? Thanks! It's turned off by default, else you'd be sending OOOFs to spammers. :) Turn on from Global Settings | Internet Message Formats | Default (*) | Properties | Advanced | Allow Out of Office Responses - to turn it on for the whole world. Ideally, you may want to create separate settings (containers) for specific domains (important customers, etc.?) and only turn on OOOFs f...

auto saving documents Office 2003
I can not find where to set up auto save in excell I know in office 2000 there was an "addin" for auto save, where I could save just the workbook I was working on or all workbooks. Can someone help? Laurie, 2003 has auto recovery, tools options, save, it saves the file at set times and if excel crashes, or you lose power excel will try and recover the file when you open it back up, if you have 2000 or 97 on another computer, or a disk you can use the Auto Save addin from them and it will work in 2003. -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post...

How do I convert microsoft office into .ics format
How do I convert microsoft office into .ics format? I undertand how to export, but I need to import my data into another program that uses the .ics format (inbox.com) Henry;112372 Wrote: > How do I convert microsoft office into .ics format? I undertand how to > export, but I need to import my data into another program that uses the > .ics > format (inbox.com) Microsoft Office is a whole suite of applications: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Project, and Access. How would you propose converting applications into text files? -- Brian Tillman [M...

Out Of Office Assistance #4
Hi, I am Running Active Directory 2003 and Exchange Svr Std 2003 on my Domain. I have setup so users can use the Out Of Office Assistant tool. The Out Of Office Assistance only works on Some user accounts and Not all. All users can activate the Out Of Office Assistance using Outlook 2003 but only a few users are able to send Automatic Replies back. Is this a known issue? If someone has a solution please let me know. Thanks, ...

Printing settings affecting all office programs!
I was printing in my Publisher 2000 and a box popped up about saving printing settings. It has now changed the default number of pages to 2 instead of 1. This is now affecting my Word 2000 as well. I try to select factory settings but as soon as I fully close and reopen the program its right back to 2. How can i reset these defaults and why does Publishers printing settings affect Word?! Please help! Thanks Open the Printers and Faxes folder in the control panel, right-click your printer, click printing preferences, change the 2 to 1. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.co...

running publisher 2003 with office 2007 installed
I have a client that only occasionally needs Publisher 2003 and doesn't want to pay for the upgrade on it to 2007. Will Publisher 03 still work once the balance of the Office suite is upgraded to 2007? Yes... -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "oneoff" <oneoff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5B751438-12A8-4713-9A00-80BE8D56F1CE@microsoft.com... >I have a client that only occasionally needs Publisher 2003 and doesn't want > to pay for the upgrade on it to 2007. Will Publisher 03 still work once the > balance of the Office ...

MOM/Office Manager
I'm using OS9.1 and Office 2001. Microsoft Office Manager on the menu won't let me Customize or even view About Office Manager. I get an error box (yellow one) that says something about 'resources missing'. I've removed the Now Utilities because I read of some conflict with those. I reinstalled MOM ... But still can't get to many of the menu items on MOM. I can use it to launch applications ... Just can't get to the Customize and other items on MOM. Any suggestions? Thanks Try the suggestions here: <http://www.rdpslides.com/pptfaq/FAQ00005.htm> Pressi...

newly loaded office not getting past the registration option
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Wondering if anyone can help me? <i>have recently loaded office 2008 onto my mac and it installed ok. all the icons are on and all the files seem to be present in finder. however when i try to open word or any of them it takes me to the setup assistant (to register and check for updates) i have done this several times but after finishing, i try to open word again and it takes me straight back to setup assistant again. it is kind of like microsoft groundhog day! i have tried taking it off and re-insta...

How do I set up my Product Catalog on the interface
I am very new at this still, I have found everything necessary to make changes to fields and add information to the product form that I need. However, my greatest concern now is that I can not find the place to enter my products. Could some one please point me in that direction? Thanks Hi, You need to click on following to create new product. Settings --> Product Catalog --> Products --> New And be aware that the product catalog is only available under Settings in the web client for CRM and may not display if you have the Outlook client open. If you are still not able to...

Office Installation Issue
I have installed Office 2007 on my new PC. This is running Windows 7 Home Premium (64 bit). My old PC had died and was running Windows Vista. The version of Office I am using is Office Enterprise 2007 for Home Use, which allows up to 3 installations. On day one the installation worked fine, the prodcut was activated and everything was working fine. On day two the product stopped working, giving message such as "Microsoft Office word has not been instaleld for the current user. Please run setup to install the application." I get similar messages for Excel, Outlook et...