Office license in Business Continuity (Commerical customer)

Hi Office Expert,
I would like to ask some questions regarding Office.
My company has around 500 users and working on a BCP enviroment (Business
Continuity).

Questions:
1) Given that Office via volumn license has secondary right, do I need to
buy another 500 Office licenses for Business Continuity purpose?
2) Does it only apply when the user has a portable notebook; the portal
notebook doesn't need another Office license?

Thanks!

http://www.microsoft.com/licensing/about-licensing/how-volume-licensing-works.aspx

--

db·´¯`·...¸><)))º>
DatabaseBen, Retired Professional

"Need Office license expert" <Need Office license expert@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi Office Expert,
> I would like to ask some questions regarding Office.
> My company has around 500 users and working on a BCP enviroment (Business
> Continuity).
>
> Questions:
> 1) Given that Office via volumn license has secondary right, do I need to
> buy another 500 Office licenses for Business Continuity purpose?
> 2) Does it only apply when the user has a portable notebook; the portal
> notebook doesn't need another Office license?
>
> Thanks!

0
db

Password Protection doesn't interop between Office for Window and Office for Mac 2004
I have an excel file that was created in Office for Windows and certain cells were password protected. When I open that same file with excel for Mac the password protection doesn't work. I tried tools>unprotect> .... I plug in the password and no luck. When I open that same excel file with another windows machine with Office for windows I'm able to access the protected cells after entering the password. Is this a known issue? Is there a fix for office for mac? I'll be forced to buy a windows version of office which would make the mac version useless. I'm currently r...

Installation of Office on Netbook
I recently got a Netbook, and I have MS Office Home and Student 2007. My netbook only has 1.25 GB of ram. I was wondering if there is anyway to at least download MS Word & Powerpoint? It says I have 3 licensed and I've used one on my main PC. When I downloaded it to my netbook, then tried to install it, it said that it failed to install. I thought it may have to do with the ram. My hard drive has lots of space on it. I'd like to be able to use at least MS Word to do Resumes on my netbook. Any help is appreciated. Thank-you You have got plenty of RAM to run Office...

Custom formatting #7
How can I do the following custom formatting – I need trailing dots before the number ……..1,234.00 Thanks for any help Right Click > Format Cells > Select Custom Enter "........ "0.00 "John Knoke" <JohnKnoke@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:586761E6-32A9-4911-BF50-3790614145B2@microsoft.com... > > How can I do the following custom formatting - > I need trailing dots before the number > ....1,234.00 > > Thanks for any help > > John, Use a custom number format of *.#,###.00 Note the period between the * and the f...

Can Update Office 11.0
I am trying to give Office a whirl on my powerbook however I need to upgrade to 11.1 for it to work with my ofices Lotus Notes e-Mail. When I try upgrading I get the 11002:2,-14 error I've heard talked about in this newsgroup. I've tried all the suggestions but still no luck. I tried repairing permisions, re-installing, turning of Entourage notifications. Nothing works! Please help. Haven't a clue. Previous threads didn't offer anything? Try re-downloading the update. Maybe previous updates haven't been run yet. Use Help | Check for Updates and let it tell you what...

Configuration restarts each time an Office module is opened
Hi All I am going quite mad. I have installed Microsoft Office Home and Student 2007 on one Vista notebook. Well and good. I try it on another notebook, register it successfully and now each time I open Word it tries to perform a setup again, with a Configuration Progress dialogue popping up. A few decades later Word appears. There is absolutely no indication what the problem may be. Any ideas are welcome. Cheers Andre Never mind. Problem solved. The registry needed manual editing. "J Andr� Labuschagn�" <technical@eduadmin.com> wrote in messa...

Continual conflict/errors with Outlook/Outlook Express on startup
Hello, I have Outlook AND Outlook Express set to come up automatically on startup. For quite some time now, I sometimes get an error message, saying something to the effect of "switch identities" being turned on in one application, which is conflicting w/ the other. What can/should I do in either program to fix this? Lately (not sure this is related), OE isn't coming up at all -- w/ some Microsoft message coming up saying it had to be shut down (I copied down as much of the technical info as I could today, and it was saved even to a '.txt' file in \Temp, but when...

Error 0x80040216 when trying to export customization
Hi, Does anyone has any idea what is causing 0x80040216 xml error when trying to export customization? Thank you in advance. ...

Business Portal Req Management
It would nice to display vendor name and Gl descripition when adding requisition lines. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=79a610a0-cc0e-42ae-971d-8475ebe909d...

Out of Office Assisatnt Forwarding
I'm having a weird issue. I've turne don out of office assistant and set it uo to forward to email to an outside email address so I can get email. Unfortuantely its not forwarding the email. Why is this? Mentioning the version of Exchange you're on helps a lot when answering these questions. Did you set up an OOF in Outlook - which simply auto-replies to senders about your out of office status - or setup up forwarding in AD Users & Comuters | recipient properties | Exchange General tab | Delivery Options? (You would need to create a Contact for the external address to...

Business Contact Manager #33
Is anyone else experiencing ongoing problems with Business Contact Manager/Outlook 03. It operates ok then for no reason it just crashes & burns. Where can i go for help? agreed! it has never worked well for me either! I need to uninstall and reinstall about 1/mo. Thought I would find some answers here, but no luck. I am going to check for updates >-----Original Message----- >Is anyone else experiencing ongoing problems with >Business Contact Manager/Outlook 03. It operates ok then >for no reason it just crashes & burns. Where can i go for >help? >. > i...

Office 2007 Ribbon
In the majority of other Windows applications, the menu system allows me to click one menu item (eg. "Edit") and then just move my mouse left and right in order to see what is under the adjacent menus. Is there any way to make the Ribbon do this? As an advanced user of previous versions of Office, I know that Microsoft "invented" this new Ribbon interface (aka "a bunch of Tabs") to enhance my productivity, so I assume that there should be *less* clicking and /faster/ access to functionality. I am sure that it had _nothing_ to do with growing compe...

How can I transfer Hotmail contacts to MS Office Outlook?
I'd like to transfer my "contacts" in MSN Hotmail into my MS Office Outlook Express. How does one go about this? Try posting this in an Outlook Express news group - this is not one of them. Outlook is a part of Microsoft Office and is what this group supports. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and has its own news groups. You can also find some good Outlook Express information here: http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, al...

Can I reference a filtered item in the Custom Header
I would like to include the currently filtered item in my custom report header. For example: "Dummy Bills for Agency xxxxxxxx", where xxxxxxxx is the currently filtered agency. Can this be done? Here's a link that returns the filter criteria via a userdefined function. It's a procedure posted by Tom Ogilvy (posted by Debra Dalgleish). http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=40BE8AD9.5040505%40contexturesXSPAM.com Jack wrote: > > I would like to include the currently filtered item in my custom report > header. For example: "Dummy Bills for Agency xxxxxxx...

Updating MS Office 98 for Mac to newer MS Office version & other questions
Hi! I have a Mac iBook with a Power PC G3 Processor, Disk Cache: 4096k, Virtual Memory 129 MB, Built-In Memory 128 MB, Machine Speed 600MHz (so it says in the system profiler...I don't really know what all this means and if someone has an easy explanation, I'd appreciate it). Though it came with OSX, I have been running it on OS 9.2 because I purchased Microsoft Office 98 for Mac (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) back in 1999 for my last Mac (a desktop), so I loaded it onto this iBook when I got it. My question is, can I qualify for an update of MS Office? From browsing the web I noticed ther...

MSCRM 4.0 ISV Custom buttons not visible in Contact Detail Toolbar
Hello, After enabline isv integration in 4.0, I can see in the Accounts detail level toolbar the sample isv buttons, but when I goto Contacts detail toolbar, none are visible. I just added a button to the detail level toolbar in CRM 4.0. It was added basically to the same place as my old 3.0 in the isv.config, but after adding it wasn't visible. I then went to the ReadyServer image from Microsoft, and noticed that the isv.config was not present! (isv.xsd was present and accounted for). Since I could see the isv buttons in the account entity detail toolbar, I added my custom butto...

Free/Busy data setting in OWA
We implemented Exchange 2003 and pushed a client setting to all users to extend the number of months available in free/busy to 12 months with a group policy. It works fine if everyone is using the outlook client when they are in the office. But, if a user works at home one day or goes to a conference and does anything that updates the free/busy data, the OWA overwrites the users free/busy data setting it back to 2 months of free/busy available. Where can I set the free/busy data number of months available, in OWA? Is it a policy setting? On Wed, 31 Jan 2007 13:54:01 -0800, SKS <sks...

Restoring Business Portal 4.0 and SharePoint Services 3.0
We are in the middle of trying to restore Business Portal 4.0 and SharePoint Services 3.0 from one environment to another( Dev to TEST). This includes GP data as well. The Business Portal Dev server points to a GP dev server and the I am wondering if anyone else does this? I think we have it pretty much solved. But there a couple things still not working quite right. Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks Scott, Thanks for using the newsgroups. What you're doing is quite common. Customers often set up Business Portal in a test environment and verify prior to going live. Int...

Printing Custom sized booklet in Publisher 2000
The printer settings for a Riso machine on a network do not hold when sending copy to the Riso machine for printing. Anyone have any ideas about settings for custom sized paper in a booklet? If I could have the steps needed in order, it would help. Thanks. Maybe here http://www.riso.com/public/tipsorter.asp I don't know if Riso handles printing any different than other printers. In page setup, set your printer, then the page setup. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Kathryn Ketcham" <anonymous@di...

Out of office Reply #4
Hi, I have a client with Outlook 2003 and 2003 SBS Server. OOO replys etiher do not work or they come through a few hours later. I have checked global settings in system manager to make sure OOO replys are enabaled. Any ideas? Thanks very much. Come through where? The setting you reference applies only to replies going to correspondents outside Exchange. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "TimR" <TimR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:200976E7-264B-4DC7-8FA8-2CD5F7A30B10@microsoft.com... > Hi...

How do I set my out of office in Outlook 2010?
What type of mail account do you have? "Will" <Will@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:21A2498E-F06B-4C4C-87F5-66EA3D755094@microsoft.com... > Have you checked with you Beta support forum about your issue that was supplied to you when the Office 2010 Beta was issued to you as a Beta tester? -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "Will" <Will@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:21A2498E-F06B-4C4C-87F5-66EA3D755094@microsoft.com.....

Expand capabilities of Time Off requests in Business Portal.
The current capabilities of managing time-off requests in Great Plains is very limited. I would like the ability to set-up more than Vacation/Sick time-off codes, and this should flow through to Business Portal so employees can specify if the time-off is vacation, sick, personal, floating holiday, etc... ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the ...

customer Guid from opportunity
I am currently using the web service to retrieve the customerid for a particular opportunity. But when i examine the customerid the properties are available, such as name but the value property is nothing. Does anyone know how I may obtain the customer Guid from an opportunity? Many thanks in advance -- Mike F ...

Custom Formatting numbers question
I have a spreadsheet with lot of millions numbers floating around. When I make graphs out of it, there's too much zeros. I don't want to divide all the numbers per 1 million. Is there a way to custom format those numbers with a mask that would take care of that problem for me ? i.e. 7 456 890.98$ would be represented with 7,457 M$ tia Double-click the numbers on your chart. Hit the Scale tab. From the Display units drop-down, choose Millions. ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "Junkyard Engineer" <jevandenbroucke@hotmail.com> wrote in messag...

Is Publisher 2003 compatible with Office XP Pro Acedemic Version?
I have Office XP Professional Acedemic Version and want to buy Publisher. Is Publisher 2003 compatible with Office XP pro Ac. version? Should be okay. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "DB" <DB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:462F1436-A536-46FB-A801-368F1941EE8E@microsoft.com... >I have Office XP Professional Acedemic Version and want to buy Publisher. Is > Publisher 2003 compatible with Office XP pro Ac. version? ...

Need 5 Business Days...
Hi everyone! Using A02 on XP. I have a query that is pulling all records ">=[StartDate] and < [EndDate]+1" I also have a field [TurnTime] that is a calculation of [DateMailed]-[Complete]. My problem is that our Turn Time Standard is five business days. I can't identify business days here. Is there something I can do to this field or should I have another field identify how many business days exist in the list of dates between [StartDate] and [EndDate]? Then use that field for setting the criteria to >5? I would really, really appreciate any help or advice! ...