Office Home & Student 2007 11-30-09

I recently purchased Office Home & Student 2007 upgrade for my Sony computer.
 I inadvertantly deleted Works prior to the installation.  As a result, I
received an error when trying to install and unable to proceed.  Any advice
on working around this?

Thanks

Use the original Works media to insert when Office asks for a qualifying
upgrade product.

"Doctor D" <Doctor D@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
:I recently purchased Office Home & Student 2007 upgrade for my Sony
computer.
: I inadvertantly deleted Works prior to the installation.  As a result, I
: received an error when trying to install and unable to proceed.  Any
advice
: on working around this?
:
: Thanks

0
Tom
11/30/2009 7:04:43 PM
Software was pre-loaded so I don't have the disk.  Any alternatives?

"Tom Willett" wrote:

> Use the original Works media to insert when Office asks for a qualifying
> upgrade product.
>
> "Doctor D" <Doctor D@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> :I recently purchased Office Home & Student 2007 upgrade for my Sony
> computer.
> : I inadvertantly deleted Works prior to the installation.  As a result, I
> : received an error when trying to install and unable to proceed.  Any
> advice
> : on working around this?
> :
> : Thanks
>

> .

Sony provides reinstallation media, at least they did in my case when I
purchased a Sony with Works preinstalled. Check out the disks provided,
since how else would you reinstall win etc, if your HD failed?

> Software was pre-loaded so I don't have the disk.  Any alternatives?
>
> "Tom Willett" wrote:
>
>> Use the original Works media to insert when Office asks for a qualifying
>> upgrade product.
>>
>> "Doctor D" <Doctor D@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> :I recently purchased Office Home & Student 2007 upgrade for my Sony
>> computer.
>> : I inadvertantly deleted Works prior to the installation.  As a result,
>> : received an error when trying to install and unable to proceed.  Any
>> advice
>> : on working around this?
>> :
>> : Thanks
>>

>> .

0
DL
11/30/2009 8:29:17 PM

"Doctor D" <Doctor D@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I recently purchased Office Home & Student 2007 upgrade for my Sony
> computer.
> I inadvertantly deleted Works prior to the installation.  As a result, I
> received an error when trying to install and unable to proceed.  Any
> advice
> on working around this?
>
> Thanks

Considering that Home and Student is NOT an upgrade product, it is only
available as either a retail full install or as a license key for activating
the downloaded trial version, you are having another issue than having Works
not on the computer.  Please post the exact error messages you are receiving
and double check that you do, in fact, have Home and Student and not another
version of Office.

Office Home and Student 2007 $149.95/NA Upgrade not applicable.
(line copied from
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/products/FX101754511033.aspx)

0
LVTravel
12/1/2009 4:52:10 AM
Error message is:  error 1311 Source File Not Found
C:1Y1561403.CAB

> Error message is:  error 1311 Source File Not Found
> C:1Y1561403.CAB
>
> "LVTravel" wrote:
>

>> "Doctor D" <Doctor D@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > I recently purchased Office Home & Student 2007 upgrade for my Sony
>> > computer.
>> > I inadvertantly deleted Works prior to the installation.  As a result,
>> > received an error when trying to install and unable to proceed.  Any
>> > advice
>> > on working around this?
>> >
>> > Thanks
>>
>> Considering that Home and Student is NOT an upgrade product, it is only
>> available as either a retail full install or as a license key for
>> activating
>> the downloaded trial version, you are having another issue than having
>> Works
>> not on the computer.  Please post the exact error messages you are
>> receiving
>> and double check that you do, in fact, have Home and Student and not
>> another
>> version of Office.
>>
>> Office Home and Student 2007 $149.95/NA Upgrade not applicable.
>> (line copied from
>> http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/products/FX101754511033.aspx)
>>
>> .

Have you totally deleted any pre-installed trial version of Office software
and it's activation assistant from the computer and rebooted the computer
prior to attempting to install the software package you have purchased.
Missing CAB file error message is a common complaint when attempting to
over-install a trial version.  Also make sure that the disk is clean with no
fingerprints or scratches on the shiny side of the disk.

What anti-virus, anti-malware program and version are you running on the
computer as this can also interfere with installation of Office programs in
some instances.

0
LVTravel

Office XP Exel
Scenario: User's A,B, C, and D all have access to an excel XLS on a 2003 server. Users A & B have modify rights, users C&D only have read rights. If user A updates the file, the general tab in properties reflect the exact time the file was modified. After user A saves and closes the file, user D goes in. The changes are there, but in the properties general tab, the modify date in an old date (probably the actual creation date). Is this normal ? Any idea's ? ...

CRM causing Outlook 2007 to crash
My outlook constantly crashes on me if I try to open random CRM linked emails, or I get message that says "This item cannot be opened". Here is the message I get when it crashes: Faulting application outlook.exe, version 12.0.6212.1000, stamp 46e03e45, faulting module outlook.exe, version 12.0.6212.1000, stamp 46e03e45, debug? 0, fault address 0x00013ca0. I have wiped this PC, and reinstalled everything (XP, Office 2007, CRM) and the error still occurs. Any help here would be appreciated. thanks How much memory does the client have? Ive seen some odd Outlook behaviors on cli...

Excel 2007; graph the best fit line from a regression analysis?
Try using this white space to ask you question with a bit more detail best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps from email "mattz" <mattz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:574CCC66-72EA-44D0-8D36-2147B6C7C279@microsoft.com... > ...

I cant use Out look in my office how do i do this
I am having problems using Out Look It deos not allow mw to send messages and I cant schedule appointmets etc Contact you mail administrator to configure Outlook for you with their mailserver. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "pedima04" <pedima04@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E1F47C93-2C31-4C42-9E2A-3CF56A360660@microsoft.com... >I am having problems using Out Look It deos not allow mw to send messages >and...

Can't Print to PDF in Office for Mac 2004 in Leopard
If I try to Print to PDF from Word, Excel or Powerpoint, the application crashes. Print to PDF works in all other applications. Is this a known issue? If so, what is the timing for a patch? Are there any workarounds? Thanks. In article <0bde41c4-8669-4443-8d4a-8a5dcd281016@y5g2000hsf.googlegroups.com>, <marvin.cash@gmail.com> wrote: > If I try to Print to PDF from Word, Excel or Powerpoint, the > application crashes. Print to PDF works in all other applications. > Is this a known issue? If so, what is the timing for a patch? Are > there any workarounds? Thanks...

Default font for pasted text in text boxes
I am having a problem with text boxes in Excel 2007. When I copy text (in Arial font) and paste it in the same text box, it appears as Calibri. I would like it to appear as Arial, just as it was when I copied it. I followed the directions for setting default font in new workbooks to Arial, and I have this problem even in text boxes within new workbooks. I do not have the problem outside of text boxes within new workbooks. I also followed the directions for setting default text box style, and new text boxes have Arial as their default font, as they should. However, when I ...

rearrangimg data in excel2007 for merging into word 2007
Dear sir/madam, I quite regularly have to create a list of numbered labels which are printed on a 10 label sheet in word 2007.the list of numbers is created in excell and then merged into the mailmerge area of word Is there a formula that I can use in excel where I create the list that will re order the list from 1,2,3,4… to 1,11,21,31….dependant on the total number of labels needed From the first “set of labels” to the “second set” assuming I wanted 30 labels printed the formulae would have to take into account the total number of labels needed. The lising I create is like this ...

How do I find Outlook 2007 archive folders that disappeared?
I set up archive folders and could view them, stored onto a spearate hard disk.Today, when Outlook loaded, the archive folder group has disappearedd from view and I do not know how to find/restore.Any ideas? Check again in Folder Tree View Otherwise, within Outlook, File>Open>Data File.........browse to the location and open the Archive If the location is an external drive, if that drive is not connected when you start Outlook, OL will complain "Nigel" <Nigel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5564BC1C-D07C-4820-8CC4-C585F6E7DB5D@microsoft.com... >...

My Office 2007 spell checker is not working.
For some reason, Office 2007 is not finding my spelling errors (in Word or PowerPoint). It is not auto-correcting, highlighting errors, or finding errors when I manually run spell check. When I go to Word options, the dialog boxes indicate that it's on and that auto-correct is also on. What's happening? ...

Antivirus for Win98 04-09-10
What good free antrivrus still supports Win98 please? Avast and AVG stopped. Thanks Henry "Henry" <wa0goz@arrl.net> wrote in message news:hpo0mp$gjl$1@news.eternal-september.org... > What good free antrivrus still supports Win98 please? Avast and AVG > stopped. > > Thanks Henry, Did you look at the other posts in this group before you asked your question? That's a rhetorical question as the answer is apparent. There's a thread running here for the past 9 days, Subject: antivirus for win98 Read it...... -- Glen Ventura, MS M...

Copy from one open workbook to another? 11-22-09
I asked the following question a few days ago and was given a link to a Ron Debruin page (with more code I didn't understand). What I would prefer is for someone to please comment on why my code below doesn't work. I am trying to learn Excel VBA and considering that the help that comes with the program is only marginally better than useless, I was hoping for an explanation here. Please...no more links to Ron Debruin. I'm sure that code is genius, but it hardly helps if I don't understand it. Here goes.... ------------------------------------------------------...

For Office: convert documents into jpg (image screenshot)
I would love this feature! It took me about 20 minutes manually taking screenshots of a document I had and saving it as a picture. I would like Office 2007 and later to have this feature so I dont have to use other programs. Here was the document: http://www.CreationLightship.com/doc/etc/Email_Box_March_2010.doc Here was the picture I created manually via screenshots of the document: http://creationlightship.com//images/email/email_2_25_2010.jpg Thanks a many! Blessings It took me about 2 seconds to spot this as advertising! This is a newsgroup for Microsoft Acces...

Login for Access 2007
Hi, I am looking for a sample login (User name and password) for Access 2007. SF On Mon, 3 Dec 2007 16:17:44 +0700, "SF" <xyz@online.com.kh> wrote: Check out the "what's new in Access 2007" pages on microsoft.com and elsewhere and you'll learn that workgroup security is no longer supported. Nothing prevents you from rolling your own. I'm particularly fond of security that is based on Active Directory. -Tom. >Hi, > >I am looking for a sample login (User name and password) for Access 2007. > >SF > ...

Update Office 2008
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Hi all, can I update an older Office version (like 98) in German to a Office 2008 English. Means can the language of previous and update version can be different? Many thx D. ...

Product ID in $2007
I was trying to contact support via Chat (a very helpful tool by the way)...and it would not accept the Product ID (aka Serial Number) that I entered from my registered version of $2007. I assumed this is because the PID validation tool has not yet been updated to reflect $2007, but nonetheless, I'm dead in the water until I can get it to recognize the PID. Has onyone else had this issue? On Sat, 29 Jul 2006 08:37:02 -0700, BobG <BobG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I was trying to contact support via Chat (a very helpful tool by the >way)...and it would not accept ...

Time keeping systems and Project Server 2007
Can anyone suggest the best way to import actual hours from a existing time keeping system? This is my first Project Server deployment, and it has been smooth so far. I would greatly appreciate advice and/or experience in this area. Thanks, and happy new year D.L. Pruett Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice ASP.NET Production Exception Logging for Dummies http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/9bd9164a-8af4-4951-9f1b-e188b80f5c7c/aspnet-production-except.aspx It all depends upon if you want to kept timephased days/hours without any changes or...

I am running Excel 2003 from Office 2003 Professional
I am running Excel 2003 from Office 2003 Professional When I initially go into the program, I have full mouse functionality (ie clicking on menus, the sidebar, etc.), but as soon as I click on a cell, I lose it. When I click on a cell, all of the sudden, the program acts like I have not released the mouse button and highlights all the cells the pointer runs over and it won't free up until i close the programme. Can anybody help me please? Try this, Tillso: http://www.officearticles.com/excel/cursor_keeps_selecting_cells_in_microsoft_excel.htm ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles...

Simple VBA code failure
Hey gang, Guess who's back! I finally broke down and bought Office 2007 (not sure why though)! One of my games is not working correctly and I have no idea why. I have very simple code that hides text boxes, then shows them when needed using VBA. One of the objects shows up but the other one doesn't. Yes, I verified the names of the shapes. I've used this in PPT 2003 for years with no problems. If I go out of Slide Show mode, the text boxes the didn't show up are visible. Is this some sort of known bug with PPT 2007? Any ideas? They are simple text bo...

roles 11-02-04
I am confused about setting up security roles. We have two businesses(Business Units) at our workplace. Let's call them Parent and Child. Users work for either the Parent, Child or both. I would like the Roles within CRM to restrict them to these businesses. It seems that I can only have the user reside in one business unit, not both. We have a role defined called "Parent User" and another called "Child User". But when I go to set a user to have both roles, the role always reflect the business unit in which the user resides, not the business unit of the ro...

Links not working/opening from Microsoft Office 2007
I had been using Microsoft Outlook without any problems until one day Links would not open from my emails in Outlook. Microsoft automatically installs updates however I have no recollection of requesting this 'service'. It seems that every time a new update is installed, I experience yet another set of problems/errors. I am running Vista OS. When I click on a link, the message I receive is: 'This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator.' I tried installing Microsoft Fix it hop...

multiple email addresses 11-07-07
CRM has a few email addresses that can be defined for a contact right out of the box. How do we tell the system to use an address other then 'email' for the delivery of a message? My question pertains to manual emails in the crm web app, automated workflows and templates from the contact list. ...

outlook 2007 reply signature
i have a signature set to reply to messages but the original message appears to the side of my signature instead of below Why? Thanks Simon ...

Excel 2007 03-10-10
Question: Can Excel arrange items in 'alpaphabetical' order all at once if items are all put into one column after a person is through inputting them? Or must everything be input in 'alphabetical' order? Thank you. Dave __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4932 (20100310) __________ The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus. http://www.eset.com Click Data, Sort David Dyke wrote: > Question: Can Excel arrange items in 'alpaphabetical' order all at once if > items are al...

Email Generation Rules in Exchange 2007
Where do I change the Email generation rules in Exchange 2007? Can you provide more details about what you're trying to accomplish? -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: exchangepedia.com/blog ------------------------------ "Zack" <svoiasgfs@sdlgweg90dflg.com> wrote in message news:%23nob88RiHHA.4676@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Where do I change the Email generation rules in Exchange 2007? > In Exchange 2003, This would be under Exchange System Manager > Recipients > Recipients Policies > Property of Default Policy >...

Default font for forms in Access 2007
How do you set a default font for a form or a report in Access 2007?. Mine is always Calibri 11. Changing each time is tedious. I have looked at several "solutions", (one here from 2004). None of which even faintly describe what I see. My copy of 2007 is recent, downloaded 6 weeks ago. I am using W7 64 bit. Am 07.06.2010 02:56, schrieb gg: > How do you set a default font for a form or a report in Access 2007?. Mine > is always Calibri 11. Changing each time is tedious. I have looked at > several "solutions", (one here from 2004). None of...