Office 2010 and Basic Authentication on IIS fails to open documents

Hi,

I have just upgraded my Office 2007 to 2010 (yes the RTM build) and am
running into some serious trouble accessing documents stored on a web server
or SharePoint server configured to only allow Basic Authentication.
Word opens as expected but does not do anything else (no prompt, no document
download, nothing). Accessing any Office document on a server or SharePoint
2007/2010 server that has e.g. Integrated Windows authentication enabled,
all is good I get prompted for credentials and the document downloads and
opens as expected and as in Office 2007.

Where is the setting or registry key to make Office 2010 work with IIS and
SharePoint configured to only use Basic Authentication? This can't be gone!
I know this is less secure but in an Intranet environment acceptable. This
is causing major trouble and a resolution or hint is greatly appreciated!

Thanks for a hint
Jascha

0
Jascha

For me the same :(
Unable to open data connection to the external sharepoint portal with the
"non-windows" credentials.

Try this solution:
open "regedit"
go to: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\14.0\Common\Internet
Create a registry key called BasicAuthLevel as a DWORD
And set it to 2

It works for me.

VB Procedure Onclick Button to open Report
I've been trying to write a bit of code that will print a particular report, if the form fiters are active, if not all records are displayed and i cant get it to work I've tried the following Private Sub CmdPrintList_Click() If Me.FilterOn = True ( <------------------------------That line is Giving me a GoTo Error) DoCmd.OpenReport "View All Projects", acViewPreview, , Me.Filter Else: Me.FilterOn = False DoCmd.OpenReport "View All Projects", acViewPreview End If End Sub Try this: Private Sub CmdPrintList_Click() If Me.FilterOn = True Then DoCmd.OpenReport...

OWA and IIS Lockdown
Hello all - I am running Exchange 2000 on a Windows 2000 box. I am wondering if running the Microsoft IIS lockdown tool to secure the server will effect Outlook Web Access. Our top executive uses web access to get his mail and I would hate to run the lockdown tool and have it screw up accessing his mail. Thanks! -joe http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=309508 http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=309677 -- John Oliver, Jr. MCSE, MCT, CCNA, Exchange MVP Microsoft Certified Partner "Joe Williams" <TheJoeMan@anywhere.com> wrote in message news:uksl0IwzDHA.1760@TK2MSFTNGP10.p...

Auto-Transfer of sales documents with eConnect
Great Plains eConnect should be enhanced with an object that will allow for the transferring of sales documents from one type to another (i.e. Order to Invoice). This feature would greatly improve efficiency for clients doing high volumes of transactions using the Great Plains distribution modules. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microso...

Outgoing mail fine from Outlook, fails from IMAP
We've got Exchange 2003 running, and everyone can connect using Outlook or OWA and can send mail with no problems. I just configured the server to allow IMAP access, and that works well for some mobile users and Outlook Express users - for reading their mail. However, outgoing mail (outside our Exchange Server) seems to just disappear. The IMAP users have "requires authentication" turned on, and there are no errors returned to the IMAP client. I also cannot find any warnings or errors on the Exchange Server - the messages just never get sent. I've been through the ...

Tabbed Document Style ?
Hello NG First of all I want to thank, all the nice people that reply to questions and try to help others. I want to create an MDI program with a “Tabbed Document” style like the default style of Visual Studio itself. I could not find any VC programming information on tabbed documents, maybe my keywords were not good enough. I thought about using CProperty Page and CTabCtrl class and capturing events, but I’m not sure that it is a good idea. I really appreciate your help and tips Regards, Ebrahi Hello, I think this will help to you, http://www.codeproject.com/docview/tabbedmdi.asp http...

My mail merged document won't save the mailing info.
I have created a postcard in publisher 2002 and performed a mail merge. After Step 3 of 4 in the mail merge wizard, my addresses appear in the publisher file. Step 4 of 4 asks me to print. I want to save the file to upload to OfficeMax's website. So, I have tried both saving the file and also Pack and go..., however both options, when I save then reopen the file, my merged addresses do not appear. All I have is the templated post card or a blank file with the letters MSCF at the top. Help! Erin This can only be done with Publisher 2003 unless you choose to print your mailm...

outlook won't automatically receive/send when opened
outlook won't automatically receive/send when opened how do i get it to do this? An answer would require knowing your Outlook version, mail account type, and connection type. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "newbiejw" <newbiejw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EDBE10B5-2D8E-4684-99A8-C8C0F4FDC25F@microsoft.com... > outlook won't automatically receive/send when opened > how do i get it to do this? ...

How does POP3 authenticate mailbox permissions?
Hi All, How does POP3 authenticate mailbox permissions? background: I working on a project to implement a Mailbox Management tool whichs uses POP3 to grab mails sent to about 300 mailboxes. I was using mailbox enabled generic accounts to configure the application (worked OK) but this is screwing up our enterprise directory. the only other solution is to create disabled mailboxes and add and non mail-enabled generic accounts to have full control of the 300 mailboxes. but the application throws up errors that the account hasn't got permissions on the mailbox. any ideas!! ...

Cannot open PDF in OWA
Users can't open PDF or other attachments when using OWA. Is this by design or am I missing something in administering our SBS 2003 server? Hi, Is this the errors you experience? http://support.microsoft.com/kb/812935/en-us Leif "jeckert" <jeckert@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FBD8ED6D-233F-4F85-8048-B73427FE711E@microsoft.com... > Users can't open PDF or other attachments when using OWA. Is this by > design > or am I missing something in administering our SBS 2003 server? Leif, No error is given. IE reports that the page is done...

Office 2004 Upgrade from Office 98 Macintosh Edition Upgrade
I am looking into purchasing the Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac Standard Edition Upgrade - and would like some clarification on my eligibility (along with the installation procedure)... 1. Could you confirm whether I am eligible for the Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac Standard Edition Upgrade as a registered user of Microsoft Office 98 Macintosh Edition Upgrade (as the literature on the Microsoft website does not specifically mention the Office 98 Upgrade version)? 2. I am intending to install Microsoft Office 2004 on Mac OS x 10.4 Tiger. However I do not have Mac OS 9.2 [Classic] installed - m...

Problem With Opening Attachments
For some reason, when I click on any attachment in received e-mails Microsoft Publisher opens and the attachments cannot be viewed. Does anybody know how to prevent this? It started just a couple of days ago and I haven't been able to find a solution anywhere. Thanks in advance. ...

Is 2003 and open relay by default?
I have recently sent up an exchange 2003 server in our company. It was a fresh install on a 2003 server which is also a fresh install. Is 2003 Exchange an open relay by default? If so, how can I close it? no. by default it is closed to relaying "eotrue" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0d5b01c3d949$36fe2090$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I have recently sent up an exchange 2003 server in our > company. It was a fresh install on a 2003 server which is > also a fresh install. > > Is 2003 Exchange an open relay by default? If so, how can &g...

Excel sheet (OLE object) sometimes open on the form sometimes in E
Hello there, I have an Excel sheet (OLE object in the table) on a form , I have setup the Property in "Auto Activate" as Double-Click , so when I double click the object the sheet open. But sometime the object appears on the form as an Excel Icon - then when I double click it open in Excel - that is what I want. But sometime it appears as a table of data and when I double click it open on the form - I want to avoid that and instead always have the sheet open in excel. Any idea? Many many thanks, Dan Hi Dan, By default, you can directly double click the OLE Ob...

How can I access my documents on OW free trial ?
When i receive a doc. I cannot alter it because it tells me the doc. is locked. How can I get roung this? If it's locked, you either haven't activated your copy of Office, or your trial period ended in which case you will have to pay for it. Yves "Ben" <Ben@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8F75A123-D010-4B85-AA39-838E567413E6@microsoft.com... > When i receive a doc. I cannot alter it because it tells me the doc. is > locked. How can I get roung this? ...

Outlook 2003-Failing remember name when typing into the To: field
I just got Outlook 2002 and I was informed that when you send a message and typing in the To: field that if you have emailed someone before it would remember the name. For example: If I send an email to Shawn Hedrick the next time I send one I would only have to type maybe the first few letter and then it would prefill the rest. Does anyone know about this or how to set this up? tools, options, email options, advanced options - is suggest names checked? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStar...

How can you show the new items in a refreshed document?
When refreshing a spreadsheet that is pulling information from a different database, is there a way to highlight the new lines? ...

Can Import Email Data Filed from Office XP to Office 2003
My HD failed but I had a backup of my Office XP Pro personal file folder with a lot of emails I needed. The file is about 128MB in size. I put a new HD in and installed Office 2003 Pro. When I go to open the old file Outlook 2003 says that the file "is not a personal folders file". (It was backed up to a CD ROM prior to the crash so the source file should be good.) I really don't want to uninstall Office 2003 and put back Office XP. Any idea why 2003 won't open the file and how to work around that? Many thanks in advance to anyone who knows the solution. Alan. The only pro...

Office 2k3 Beta tester woes. Cant import .pst back into xp
Hello, I am sure that there has to be a solution to this problem. I know that MS would not leave it's beta testers without a way to revert back to their old office. I have attempted to import my Outlook 2003 Beta .pst file into my Outlook XP and I get an error stating that it is not compatible. Please tell me that there is a way for me to retrieve all of my old emails. I saved the pst file, and I removed Office 2003 as per the terms of the beta license and saved a copy of my .pst file. I the re- installed Office XP. Thank you for your assistance in this matter. Mike If you c...

Can I import addresses from Blackberry into Outlook 2010?
Is there a way to import from a Blackberry into Outlook 2010? Addresses at a minumum, but perhaps also messages. Most PDA software will offer an option to synchronize with Outlook. Ask Blackberry if they do. This is not an Outlook question. -- Russ Valentine "CHuck" <CHuck@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AC006E4F-736F-4936-9582-4E52CEB7387D@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to import from a Blackberry into Outlook 2010? Addresses at > a > minumum, but perhaps also messages. Check with Blackberry to see if they support Outlook 2010 ...

sharepoint kerberos authentication
Hello all, I got little knowledge in Kerberos authentication could Please answer below questions would be very helpful for me... 1. WHAT ARE THE SPN'S REQUIRED ON THE DOMAIN FOR THE FOLLOWING SHAREPOINT SERVICES: EXCEL SERVICES REPORTING SERVICES PERFORMANCE POINT 2. BRIEFLY DESCRIBE THE PROCESS OF ENABLING KERBEROS AND APPLYING THESE SPN'S 3. HOW WOULD YOU TEST TO ENSURE ALL THE ABOVE SERVICES ARE WORKING ------=_NextPart_0001_F5DBA93C Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hello Yakub, Please find answers to your questions inline. ...

How to open saved .DBX files?
I saved a folder of e-mails to CD from Outlook Express shortly before my last computer died. I desperately need to open the folder (saved as a .dbx file) by tomorrow, to get my husband (in Portugal watching the footie) the details of his hotel!!I am now running Xp and have both outlook and outlook express(office 2003) I tried open with, but selecting OE takes you into the OE files rather than selecting it as a prog.If I try open with outlook, it just appears as a folder attachment in an e-mail Can anybody help me open this wretched thing??? Ask in an Outlook Express forum. This is an...

Installing Visual Studio 2010 Express
Hi, I tried to install Visual Studio Express 2010 (VB, C#, C++, and Web Develloper), and in the installation it need to install SQL EXPRESS (x64), but it always end up with that it is unable to install SQL EXPRESS So I downloaded the installation from the EXPRESS website, for both x86 and x64, and neither can install when they install the SETUP FILES I get an error The following error has occurred: Could not open key: UNKNOWN\Components\43C313DB6EBAD154F901C6B5BFA69F06\C2BF01D69A282F04190DB76EC40FAD2F. Verify that you have sufficient access to that key, or contact your su...

Office 2007 Recovery
Is it possible to recover office 2007 that was installed on an extended partion? Neighbor has windows vista 32 bit on a 320Gb hard Drive partioned as primary and 2 extended partitions. Vista crashed and she reinstalled it but office 2007 and all apps were installed on the extended partion and is there from backup but I cannot get it to start any ideas how to get this working? You need to have the original disks/CDs. There is no other way to get Office back. What people don't know is that it is the registry entries that make office run. Without registry entries, you are...

Unable to Install Microsoft Office 2004 Updates
I tried both the auto-update from within an individual office product (Excel) as well as the download from the Microsoft website. In both cases I am able to download the update, but once it starts it gives me an error message that says: Software could not locate the correct version of the software reqruired to install this update. Upon checking Component Plugin it shows that I have installed 11.2.5 (060523). I have tried to install Office 2004 Update 11.2.6 as well as 11.3.0 and neither one works - both give me the same error as above. Office 2004 works fine and I have no problems running...

Opening page
How do I configure Outlook so that when it opens it displays immediately the weekly calendar? Thank you 'Tools|Options|Other|Advanced Options', set "Startup in this folder" to be "Calendar" Hal -- Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com Senior Engineer/MIS -- MS MVP-Print/Imaging -- WA7BGX http://www.kvoa.com -- "When News breaks, we fix it!" KVOA Television, Tucson, AZ. NBC Channel 4 Still Cadillacin' - www.badnewsbluesband.com "Jorge Bravo" <open@closed.com> wrote in message news:egO6toXKJHA.5904@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... >...