Office 2007 Suite

I purchased Office 2007 suite through my compnay home use program.  I
purchased a download and a disk to be sent to my home.  All this, of course,
is for my home use.  I have two desk tops and one lap top at home.  Out of
the two things I purchased I received one key number.  Can I load what I
purchased on all three machines and be able to have them activated?

Thanks.

Nope, ONE machine is all the Home Use program provides for.

Penny wrote:
> I purchased Office 2007 suite through my compnay home use program.  I
> purchased a download and a disk to be sent to my home.  All this, of course,
> is for my home use.  I have two desk tops and one lap top at home.  Out of
> the two things I purchased I received one key number.  Can I load what I
> purchased on all three machines and be able to have them activated?
>
> Thanks.

0
Bob
2/19/2010 3:00:31 PM
"Penny" <Penny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I purchased Office 2007 suite through my compnay home use program.  I
> purchased a download and a disk to be sent to my home.  All this, of
> course,
> is for my home use.  I have two desk tops and one lap top at home.  Out of
> the two things I purchased I received one key number.  Can I load what I
> purchased on all three machines and be able to have them activated?
>
> Thanks.

No.  Home use license for Office Enterprise edition is generally for 1
device and then one portable device for the exclusive use of the primary
user of the first device just like a retail version. I can be almost 100
percent sure that you can not install it onto 3 devices.  The only way to be
sure what the EULA says is to either read the documentation that came with
your home use product or to install it onto whatever will be your primary
device and then start Word, click the Office Orb, Options then go to the
about and read the license agreement.

One other thing about home use licensing is that it normally expires upon
leaving the employ of the company thorough which you purchased the product.

0
LVTravel
2/19/2010 3:06:58 PM

LVTravel wrote:

> "Penny" <Penny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>
>> I purchased Office 2007 suite through my compnay home use program.  I
>> purchased a download and a disk to be sent to my home.  All this, of
>> course,
>> is for my home use.  I have two desk tops and one lap top at home.
>> Out of
>> the two things I purchased I received one key number.  Can I load what I
>> purchased on all three machines and be able to have them activated?
>>
>> Thanks.
>

> No.  Home use license for Office Enterprise edition is generally for 1
> device and then one portable device for the exclusive use of the primary
> user of the first device just like a retail version. I can be almost 100
> percent sure that you can not install it onto 3 devices.  The only way
> to be sure what the EULA says is to either read the documentation that
> came with your home use product or to install it onto whatever will be
> your primary device and then start Word, click the Office Orb, Options
> then go to the about and read the license agreement.
>
> One other thing about home use licensing is that it normally expires
> upon leaving the employ of the company thorough which you purchased the
> product.

I stand corrected on the one PC, I see that they use the standard retail
EULA. The other thing that invalidates the Home Use Program is the
company not maintaining their Software Assurance licensing.

0
Bob
2/19/2010 4:11:36 PM
So when I purchase a down load and then purchase the disks (two seperate
fees) then that doesn't give me a license for each?

"LVTravel" wrote:

> "Penny" <Penny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I purchased Office 2007 suite through my compnay home use program.  I
> > purchased a download and a disk to be sent to my home.  All this, of
> > course,
> > is for my home use.  I have two desk tops and one lap top at home.  Out of
> > the two things I purchased I received one key number.  Can I load what I
> > purchased on all three machines and be able to have them activated?
> >
> > Thanks.
>
> No.  Home use license for Office Enterprise edition is generally for 1
> device and then one portable device for the exclusive use of the primary
> user of the first device just like a retail version. I can be almost 100
> percent sure that you can not install it onto 3 devices.  The only way to be
> sure what the EULA says is to either read the documentation that came with
> your home use product or to install it onto whatever will be your primary
> device and then start Word, click the Office Orb, Options then go to the
> about and read the license agreement.
>
> One other thing about home use licensing is that it normally expires upon
> leaving the employ of the company thorough which you purchased the product.
>
> .

If the discs are purchased as a backup for the download, no, there isn't
another license. If you are purchasing a download version, and pay full
price for it, and purchase a disc version and pay full price for it, that's
another story.
: So when I purchase a down load and then purchase the disks (two seperate
: fees) then that doesn't give me a license for each?
:
: "LVTravel" wrote:
:
: >
: > "Penny" <Penny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
: > news:4728A9B5-1C2B-4A68-8AAF-15776BF91156@microsoft.com...
: > > I purchased Office 2007 suite through my compnay home use program.  I
: > > purchased a download and a disk to be sent to my home.  All this, of
: > > course,
: > > is for my home use.  I have two desk tops and one lap top at home.
Out of
: > > the two things I purchased I received one key number.  Can I load what
: > > purchased on all three machines and be able to have them activated?
: > >
: > > Thanks.
: >
[...]
: > .
: >

0
Tom
2/19/2010 4:49:00 PM
nope
(the download & disk are the same, the latter is your hard copy cd)

"Penny" <Penny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> So when I purchase a down load and then purchase the disks (two seperate
> fees) then that doesn't give me a license for each?
>
> "LVTravel" wrote:
>

>> "Penny" <Penny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > I purchased Office 2007 suite through my compnay home use program.  I
>> > purchased a download and a disk to be sent to my home.  All this, of
>> > course,
>> > is for my home use.  I have two desk tops and one lap top at home.  Out
>> > of
>> > the two things I purchased I received one key number.  Can I load what
>> > purchased on all three machines and be able to have them activated?
>> >
>> > Thanks.
>>
>> No.  Home use license for Office Enterprise edition is generally for 1
>> device and then one portable device for the exclusive use of the primary
>> user of the first device just like a retail version. I can be almost 100
>> percent sure that you can not install it onto 3 devices.  The only way to
>> be
>> sure what the EULA says is to either read the documentation that came
>> with
>> your home use product or to install it onto whatever will be your primary
>> device and then start Word, click the Office Orb, Options then go to the
>> about and read the license agreement.
>>
>> One other thing about home use licensing is that it normally expires upon
>> leaving the employ of the company thorough which you purchased the
>> product.
>>
>> .

0
DL

Exchange 2007 removal
trying to uninstall after evaluation Im having trouble removing the mailbox role the error message is a bit baffling uninstall cannot continue. Data 'Public folder database' the public folder database that you specified is in use by a mailbox database. Mailbox database: Mailbox database. I tried to remove the public folder database and i get the same error ? any clues mark There might be a more sophisticated way to fix this, but my first thought was to use AdsiEdit from the Windows Server Support Tools and delete all the storage groups under the following location in the Co...

Word 2007 Macro
Forgive me if these are silly questions, but I am very new to writing macros. I have a .dotm template with an AutoNew() macro, and I am trying to figure out how to do 2 things: 1) When I have the file save, I want it to save in the same directory as the template is in, rather than in My Documents. How do I do this? 2) The macro inserts content into the document from a number of external files. Once this is done, I'd like to have it update the table of contents. How do I do that? Thank you! Kaiti With ActiveDocument .TablesOfContents(1).Update .SaveAs .At...

seeking way to expire excel documents after certain date in Office
I was trying to find out if there is anything avalible out there which would allow me to set an expiration date to excel documents in Office 2003. I know there is an IRM feature in Office Professional 2003, but what about Excel 2003? Try this, Rajat: http://vbaexpress.com/kb/getarticle.php?kb_id=540 ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "Rajat" <Rajat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9E9F0F90-DD5E-4840-A75A-11CD9E1719F2@microsoft.com... >I was trying to find out if there is anything avalible out there which >would > allow me to set an ex...

Re: Two Outlook 2007 issues..
Hi, Forgot to mention, help about shows 12.0.6514.5000 sp2 mso 12.0.6529.5000 Thanks, Alan "Anonymous User" <nospam38925@forme.com> wrote in message news:... > Hi, > > Issue 1 : Dismissing a reminder will not permanentely dismiss it. It will > go away then, but come back later. > > Issue 2 : When sorting the inbox on something other than received date, > the ability to delete messages is impacted. You can try to delete a > message, and sometimes it will delete, but many times it will act as if it > did delete it, but the message is still present...

maximum number of printed pages allowed in a report access 2007
I am a CIS student at Sinclair Community College in Ohio. Can't find a answer to this question. What is the maximum number of printed pages allowed in a report? On Sat, 19 Jan 2008 18:41:00 -0800, Robin C. <Robin C.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: There is no maximum. In reality you may be limited to some system resources. -Tom. >I am a CIS student at Sinclair Community College in Ohio. >Can't find a answer to this question. > >What is the maximum number of printed pages allowed in a report? ...

Excel 2007 query
Question: In Excel 2007, when clicking on the: 1) =91Data=92 Ribbon/Tab=85 and choosing.. 2) =91From Access=92 and selecting any Access mdb, the database will be opened in =91exclusive=92 mode and will be locked for all other users on the network! Why??? When recording these steps, I see that the default system query uses =93Mode=3DShare Deny Write=94. Any workaround? In Excel versions, prior to 2007, the default query connected to the mdb in =91readonly=92 mode, which was fine. Thanks. mj ...

DPM 2010 and DPM 2007 SP1
I am looking for a backup solution for a new network consisting of the following: - Primary Server running Windows Server 2008, Exchange, Active Directory (some of this will be in a seperate Hyper-V virtualized Windows Server install). - Secondary Server similar to above but running SQL Server instead of Exchange (this will be virtualized). - An iSCSI SAN for storing online backups - An external LTO tape drive for producing offsite backups I am interested in running DPM but the documentation suggests the need for a dedicated server for DPM. Is this correct or could I used the ...

Need spanish spell checker and thesaurus but cannot find my office
Hello, I have office professional 2002. Now I have started to learn Spanish and would like to use the Spanish support in Office. However, I cannot find my CD. What to do? Do you have any ideas? What language is your Office version? North American English contains Spanish support. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook version. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 After furious head scratching, Frank asked: | Hello, I have office professional 2002. Now I have st...

Visio 2007 "Samples" missing from Getting Started and Help Menu
Hello- I just purchased Visio 2007 standard. I installed the complete program (all features) but the option for the Samples is not available from the Getting Started menu or from the Help menu. I additionally installed SP1 but Samples is still MIA. Any suggestions? Thanks, Cathy On Wed, 4 Feb 2009 18:40:36 -0800, Portland_Girl <PortlandGirl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello- I just purchased Visio 2007 standard. I installed the complete program >(all features) but the option for the Samples is not available from the >Getting Started menu or from the Help menu. I a...

Office 2004 on Intel
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Power PC I am planning to upgrade from a PowerPC G4 Mac mini to the new Intel based Mac mini. I have a copy of MS-Office 2004 which I bought for the G4. My question is: Can I install the version of Office I bought for the G4 on the new Intel machine or do I have to buy a new copy of Office? Or maybe there is a G4 to Intel upgrade that would be cheaper than a new version. Thanks for clarifying this issue for me. Gerry On 5/3/09 5:35 PM, "cloud3@officeformac.com" <cloud3@officeformac.com> wrote: > I am planni...

Excel 2007 formula result
When extending a formula to multiple cells and hit enter, the correct answer does not appear until I close document and save changes. Then when trying to add complete column of the answers obtained with fill down formula, answer is 0(zero) Any ideas will be appreciated. -- handmanager Sounds like you have calculation set to manual. Press F9 to recalculate the worksheet. "handmgr" <DaytonOH> wrote in message news:2C9DCC4D-C2D4-4A95-9F95-5A787EC78F35@microsoft.com... > When extending a formula to multiple cells and hit enter, the correct > answer > does not app...

Mouse dissappears in Outlook 2007 B2
Notice an annoying "feature", my mouse will dissappear in Outlook for some reason and have to drag it off the Outlook window to like the tastbar or desktop and back again to see it. Dang, was hoping 2007 would have a universal selection in turning off that $@%$# GROUP view and READING PANE. I want neither, but have to go through all my folders (26) to change them to "normal" viewing. Also, guess Beta testers know this, but the scanpst.exe doesn't work in B2. Keep getting "procedure entry point DDLUnintInstace@" errors in fixing on ..pst file Outlook ...

excel 2007 edit chart titles
I just upgraded from Excel 2003 to 2007. I am having a problem editing chart titles in Excel 2007. When I try to edit, by highlighting the section to be changed (in this case a model number or year). It only lets me change one character at a time. And to complicate things, it then returns only the new character typed -- and an "undo" brings me back to this onew character change at a time. This has the look of something that needs only a minor setting adjustment, but I have not been able to figure it out. Any help would be appreciated. ...

MOSS 2007 Licensing w/ SQL Reporting Services
After review the installation guide it appears that I will have to install the MOSS 2007 WFE on our SQL Server to use the SSRS Sharepoint integration. So to use the SSRS SharePoint integration do I need to have an additional server license of MOSS so I can install the WFE on our SQL Server? Thanks, You don't need to install SharePoint on SQL. You do need to install the SSRS component on your SharePoint however. -- Daniel A. Galant Imagine what we could be... if we could just imagine. "Kai Stankey" <KaiStankey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in me...

Error adding existing personal folders
I had to reformat my computer, and after re-installing Office 2007 again, I went to add my personal folders back into Outlook, but when I select the .pst file(s), I get the message "The file C:\ . . . \*.pst is not a personal folders file." The files in question actually *are* .pst files -- I was using them in Outlook 2007 before the reformatting of my hard drive. Any ideas why Outlook is not recognizing them? It doesn't matter if I choose "Office Outlook Personal Folders File (.pst)" or "Outlook 97-2002 Personal Folders File (.pst)" when I ...

When opening Excel it ask for Microsoft Office 2000 SR-1 Premium .
I do not have this disk and was wondering if I could download it from online. No. You cannot download from online. Was Excel on your computer when you bought it? You should have been given a disk at that time. Check with the seller or buy Excel or the Office Suite. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Tue, 19 Oct 2004 14:57:03 -0700, birdie <birdie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I do not have this disk and was wondering if I could download it from online. ...

Question about Outlook 2007
Hi guys, I have been unable to view attachments of any file type using Outlook 2007 on Vista Ultimate. * When I try to view an attachment, for example a GIF file, I get a message box saying "The operation Failed. An object could not be found." * When I try to save the attachment, I get a message box saying "Cannot save the attachment." * When I try to "preview" the file, I get a page with a message saying "This file cannot be previewed. Try opening the file in the program in which it was created." I can, however, view, preview and save the same f...

Why Access 2007 donot have the "Data Access Page" Function ? How I can do with 2007 for this issue ?
I notice that Access 2007 doNOT have the "Data Access Page" functionality. 1. Why ??? I think this function is important. 2. How I can make the web page efficiently if 2007 do Not have this function? 3. If I developed the "Data Access Pages" with Access 2003, how I can handle these already existing pages when I use them in 2007 ? Thank you for your prompt answer. Martin The Data Access Pages functionality has been deprecated in Office 2007; so if you want to continue to develop your DAPs, you need to use Access 2003 instead of Access 2007. M...

Section Breaks/Page Numbering in Word 2007
I read through a lot of the posts on here and it sounds like some people were having the opposite problem that I am. I have two documents, each are two pages. They are separate submissions but we have to group them as a single document within our system so that users don't forget to file both together. The problem is the page numbering. I have it set up with a section break at page two. The page numbering is correct - page 1, page 2, page 1, page 2. However, if I try to switch the format to "page x of y" - I get "page 1 of 4, page 2 of 4, page 1 of 4, page ...

Why do excell documents open faster in office 02 thant in Office 0
Why do excell documents open faster in Office 2002 thant in Office 2003? There is a big differnece in performance. It takes an additional 60 seconds for it to open in 2003. BTW - there are alot of Calcs in this spread sheet too. Thanks in Advance, Nick Hi if you have saved the file in Excel 2002 then Excel 2003 may re-calculate the entire sheet the first time you open it with this version. does saving the file in Excel 2003 and re-opening it help? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Nick Alesci" <Nick Alesci@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag ...

Publisher 2007
Hi, I help our local church with their systems. One of the employees had installed Publisher 2007 Trial on their laptop (A Compaq running Vista Basic with 528MB memory) and everything seemed to work fine. A month or so later I helped them buy a volume license for Office 2007 Pro. She installed Office Pro 2007 on her laptop and again everything seemed fine. Last week Publisher stopped working (this is also about the time the trial would have run out). Publisher opens fine but when she tries to open a new file or an existing one it just shows the working icon then acts like it never rec...

Publisher 2007
I have a user that cannot post a picture into publisher from a JPG file, she gets a message that the clipboard is busy. Drag & drop does not work. The picture is 7mg in size. We have tried deleting internet files and this has not helped. thanks Carmen If you are trying to insert the picture it could be the image is too large. Can you open the image in a Paint program or Word? Take a look at the following article (Fourth FAQ). http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/FAQs -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Cmnsol" <Cmnsol@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote...

Gmail not showing in inbox Outlook 2007
Outlook 2007 on MS Windows 7 does not import gmail to in-box. All Mail and other gmail folders contain email in Outlook 2007. Gmail downloads into iPhone but not to in-box of Outlook 2007. Previously using MS Windows Vista and MS Outlook 2003 with no issues accessing gmail to iphone and in-box of outlook 2003. If you are saying your Gmail appears in a seperate data file (Personal Folder set) then you have configured the Outlook gmail account as Imap, and it is functioning correctly. You would need to configure the gmail account as a pop/stmp account in order for it to u...

Word 2003/2007 reading
How do my friends with word2003 read and download my notes done on my word2007 ? -- Bernard Pego Either you save the document as 97/2003 type doc file or the receivers download the Compatibility pack from the site below https://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=941b3470-3ae9-4aee-8f43-c6bb74cd1466 Hope this helps DeanH "Bernardpego" wrote: > How do my friends with word2003 read and download my notes done on my > word2007 ? > -- > Bernard Pego ...

Don't buy SMALL BUSINESS OFFICE.
I recently purchased Office Small Business Edition for 2003 for my computer. It still calculates correctly, but they have changed the help algorithms to make it really tedious to use. Instead of the old key word lookups that I have always found in earlier versions, now they use some kind of computed lookup that take way too much time (after the almost instantaneous waits from the key words), and they have reduced the information content. For instance, I was running Excel and looking for a list of text functions. In the old systems, you could enter "text functions" and get an instan...