Office 2007 Recovery

Is it possible to recover office 2007 that was installed on an extended
partion?  Neighbor has windows vista 32 bit on a 320Gb hard Drive partioned
as primary and 2 extended partitions.  Vista crashed and she reinstalled it
but office 2007 and all apps were installed on the extended partion and is
there from backup but I cannot get it to start any ideas how to get this
working?

You need to have the original disks/CDs.  There is no other way to get
Office back.  What people don't know is that it is the registry entries that
make office run.  Without registry entries, you are not likely to get
anything run "efficiently".  That is why, when you want to reinstall or you
want to crack a trial software, you need to tamper the registry entries ----
not the actual folders on your C - drive.

Your neighbour does have the disks right?

hth

"Rick" <Rick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is it possible to recover office 2007 that was installed on an extended
> partion?  Neighbor has windows vista 32 bit on a 320Gb hard Drive
> partioned
> as primary and 2 extended partitions.  Vista crashed and she reinstalled
> it
> but office 2007 and all apps were installed on the extended partion and is
> there from backup but I cannot get it to start any ideas how to get this
> working?

When it was installed, all registry entries are registered with the
operating system.  When Vista was reinstalled the registry entries went with
it.  Installing programs on a separate drive/partition is useless and a
waste of time.

--

"Don't pick a fight with an old man.

"Rick" <Rick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is it possible to recover office 2007 that was installed on an extended
> partion?  Neighbor has windows vista 32 bit on a 320Gb hard Drive
> partioned
> as primary and 2 extended partitions.  Vista crashed and she reinstalled
> it
> but office 2007 and all apps were installed on the extended partion and is
> there from backup but I cannot get it to start any ideas how to get this
> working?

0
Michael
2/6/2010 9:18:45 PM
Rick

Obviously you are not able to recover and install from that partition.
You need it re-install Office 2007 from the original install media. You do have it
do you not?

--
Peter

"Rick" <Rick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is it possible to recover office 2007 that was installed on an extended
> partion?  Neighbor has windows vista 32 bit on a 320Gb hard Drive partioned
> as primary and 2 extended partitions.  Vista crashed and she reinstalled it
> but office 2007 and all apps were installed on the extended partion and is
> there from backup but I cannot get it to start any ideas how to get this
> working?

0
Peter
2/7/2010 12:01:54 AM
Yeah She the full install which is what she did but she had a few contacts
she wanted to get back  so I guess they are gone.

"Peter Foldes" wrote:

> Rick
>
> Obviously you are not able to recover and install from that partition.
> You need it re-install Office 2007 from the original install media. You do have it
> do you not?
>
> --
> Peter

> "Rick" <Rick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Is it possible to recover office 2007 that was installed on an extended
> > partion?  Neighbor has windows vista 32 bit on a 320Gb hard Drive partioned
> > as primary and 2 extended partitions.  Vista crashed and she reinstalled it
> > but office 2007 and all apps were installed on the extended partion and is
> > there from backup but I cannot get it to start any ideas how to get this
> > working?
>
> .

How do I upgrade from Office 2003 to 2007?
We bought several volume licenses for Office 2007/2003 that allowed us to install either 2007 or 2003. We installed Office 2003 for most of those licenses and would now like to upgrade several of the users from Office 2003 to 2007. Is there an upgrade program we could run to make this happen? Or do we need to unistall Office 2003 and then install the 2007 version? If you have the media for installing Office 2007, you can install it on top of Office 2003 and let it perform the upgrade. -- Susan Ramlet -- please reply to the newsgroup so all may benefit. "SkipJ" <...

Installing CRM 1.2 with Office 2003 and BCM
I am trying to install CRM 1.2 onto a Windows XP PRO SP2 laptop. I have already made the needed configuraitons in IE. Office 2003 SBE OEM was preinstalled by Dell. Install hangs at installing Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Desktop Engine (SP3a) about 1/2 way through and just sits there. Upon investigation, there was already an instance of MSDE installed via MS BCM. I uninstalled BCM and restarted and thought that would fix it. No go. MSDE for CRM will not complete. Any one have an idea of what to do? On the PC, is the network component "File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Netwo...

Office 2004 for Mac Installer and Intel Core Duo
I have a MacBook Pro and tried to install Office 2004 for the Mac. The Installer says it can't run on my OS (10.4.6) but I'm sure it's a Core Duo issue. I've intalled other products and have never had any installers fail to work. MS support was unable/unwilling to assist me. Anyone else see this problem, or know of a solution? I don't have personal experience with setting it up, but Office 2004 *is* compatible with your version of OS X - That's what I run on my G5. You are correct that the IntelMac is the issue. Office is not written for that processor & needs ...

modifying text within word 2007 document
Okay, here is what I am trying to do in Word 2007. I have finished writing a large amount of text with minimal formatting (page numbers and caps and fonts, spacing, etc). I would like to accomplish the following: I want to select all this text and have numbered lines appear to the left (far left margin) as, say, an archaic legal deposition might retain. I do not want to disturb the text formatting (font, spacing, etc.). I used to do this task quite easily in Word Perfect yet I cannot find this feature with Word. All help is greatly appreciated. Okay I think I {self} discovered t...

how to view 2 tables in design view side by side (access 2007)
I used to use access 2003 and was able to show side by side two tables in design view. How is this done in access 2007. Click on the Office Button, at the bottom right click the Access Options, select Current Database, under Applications Options - Data Window Options unselect Display Document Tabs and select Overlapping Windows. You will need to restart Access to take affect. -- Build a little, test a little. "celeste" wrote: > I used to use access 2003 and was able to show side by side two tables in > design view. How is this done in access 2007. ...

Office 2003
Does anyone know of current plans for making the updated versions of Microsoft Office programs for the Macintosh platform? I have been reading the news of the new release, but I have not noticed that mentioned. In article <c61b112d.0310212238.59aa3a7a@posting.google.com>, squigglee@earthlink.net (David) wrote: > Does anyone know of current plans for making the updated versions of > Microsoft Office programs for the Macintosh platform? I have been > reading the news of the new release, but I have not noticed that > mentioned. There's no necessary tie between (Win) Of...

Outlook 2007 (Writing new mails problem)
Hey I have just installed Office 2007 (and thereby Outlook 2007). It works perfectly except when writing emails the CPU load is beteween 30% and 100% even when i am not typing. (My system is 2.4Ghz / 1 Gb ram) This is somewhat a showstopper so id any one has experienced/solved this problem i would appriciate some help to continue to help with the Beta program. Regards Anders ...

Outlook out of office
1. anybody know how to get the out of the office to delay the workflow timers ? 2. Possibly move the system logical manager (during leave period) to another person? Regards -- Warren O ...

Exchange 2007 Direct file access
Hi all I am testing out direct file access in OWA. From a client machine that is not a member of the same domain that exchange 2007 is when i go to the OWA site then open up the Windwos file share i can see my documents that I have in the shared folder, and i can access them jsut fine, but what i cant do is open any of the documents up in Windows explorer, I get a DNS error page cannot be found. If i do the same thing on the Exchange box itself it all works. My question is how can users who are remote edit data and then save the changes back to the windows file share? must this proce...

Assigning macros to custom buttons in Excel (Office 2007)
I just upgraded from Office 2000 to Office 2007. I have macros already written. I have custom buttons already drawn. Somehow I've lost the connection between the two. In 2000, I would click View, Toolbars, Customize, then while the box was still open I would right click and it would let me go into a list of macros and I could pick which one went with the custom button. Now I don't know how. Any ideas? -- Thanks, PTweety ...

How do I access the Document recovery task pane in Excel
The Document Recovery task pane (where previous versions of files that have been saved using the auto recovery feature are stored) does not seem to appear each time I go into Excel. How do I force this task pane to appear on the screen. On one occasion, I went to the length of re-installing Office and it appeared again when I first entered Excel. This time I did the same and even that didn,t work ? I am using Office 2003 Professional I think that this is one of those things you have no control over. If excel/windows crashed, then the next time you start up excel, it's smart enoug...

Saving chart templates
I have created some charts and saved them as templates (crtx). I can apply them to existing chart and, subject to some occasional odd behaviour (plotting agains the ''wrong' axis) it works ok. Not a huge timesaver but you take what you can get. However, if i 'Insert' a new chart using any of three templates I have created - and then attempt to add data to it the workbook is corrupted when I try to save and ALL charts and Range names disappear. I am using the name manager from peltiertech but that has always worked before and even if i avoid using it the pr...

Bacckup Outlook 2007 Exchange
I am using Outlook 2007 and its on Exchange. I wanted to verify the following: 1. Understanding my .pst file is stored locally on my machine and we are on Exchange can I back it up and be able to restore it to a machine that is not on our domain? 2. What is the best way for me to backup my .pst file so that I can access it from another machine not on our domain? Thanks. "Sixty4" <bradlaw@gmail.com> wrote in message news:92585fe6-037a-4daa-abe5-988cbc7fb969@f41g2000pra.googlegroups.com... >I am using Outlook 2007 and its on Exchange. I wanted to verify the > followin...

2007 Deluxe Trial
I attempted to use 2007 to forecast my cash flow, but I couldn't change to a cash flow based on "Advanced Budget". The radio button was disabled. It was stuck on a cash flow by trends, which I don't like to use. 2004 Deluxe allows me to do this. What gives? Did you upgrade a 2004 file that already had an advanced budget? M07 is trying to make the Advanced Budget go away for new users. It's still supported for legacy users with advanced budgets. You can start a new one, but indirect intervention is required to get there. Details on that when we get there.... "Bob...

Why does my office home and student 2007 Word say non-commercial u
I installed Office Home and Student on my HP laptop and the word program says "non-commercial use" at the top and i cannot save my word files. Please help. Thank you It says "Non-Commercial Use" because the Home and Student Edition is licensed for personal, home use only and cannot be used in a business or commercial venture of any sort. This has no effect on your ability to save files, however, as the HSE is otherwise identical to other editions. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org &q...

Adding a new line to an existing graph, using excel 2007
Hi: I would like instructions on how to add a new line to an existing graph (that already has 5 lines), using Excel 2007. The data is already in my spreadsheet. -- jim white EXCEL 2007 1. Right click in the graph. 2. Of the options that become displayed select:- Select Data . . . 3. Select Data Source window should launch. 4. Highlight the extended range of data you want to include in your graph (including the new data). 5. Hit OK. 6. The 6th line should get added to your graph. If my comments have helped please hit Yes. Thanks. "...

Office 2004: Microsoft Daemons in Startup Items?
When one opens System Preferences/Accounts/Startup Items, what Microsoft daemons should show? On 6/9/04 9:44 PM, in article BCED0B0B.14F3%nnager@vnoxsxpxaxmv.fullerton.edu, "Norman R. Nager, Ph.D." <nnager@vnoxsxpxaxmv.fullerton.edu> wrote: > When one opens System Preferences/Accounts/Startup Items, what Microsoft > daemons should show? > There should only be 2: The Microsoft Database daemon, and optionally the Microsoft AU Daemon. The database daemon watches your user database to alert you to alarms and events. The Auto Update daemon regularly (at your option) ...

MS Office Outlook Trial
My observations when I allowed MS Office Outlook trial: Originally my emails came to both my trial page and also to the original Windows mail. I liked that as I felt that if I decided to cancel the trial, I would still be getting my mails in the other mailbox. Some while into the trial, I'm not sure how long, the duplicates stopped coming, or were coming spasmodically. Again, I don't know when they stopped altogether, but they DID stop duplicating altogether. Now the trial has expired and all the mail I had go to the trial account cannot be copied, forwarded, or anything excep...

2008 branch with sbs2003 office
I will be installing a 2008 Server into a Branch where the main office has a SBS2003 Standard edition server R2. I have already setup the IPSec VPN Tunnel between branch and office and a PC at the Branch can now ping the office network PC's due to the SBSserver being installed as a single network card install.... and this now works absolutely fine....so all I need to do now I believe is to add the 2008 server while at the office to the SBS2003 network as a Secondary domain controller using the ADPREP tool and then take it off site to the Branch....This all sounds too easy......

Formating Charts 2007
Has anybody had trouble with formating the series on charts, each time i set up a line with markers chart it gives me the series with no conection between points, when i go into the source data and go to the connect series it is blanked out. Even when I reformat the series induvdualy (painfully). Then I saved it as template and when I apply the template the same thing happens to the new chart, also when i move the chart all the formating i did goes back again to the series with no connections between the points. And each of the formating tasks is painfully slow in responding. I am not im...

Exch 2003: Alternate Server recovery question
Sorry my last post was really long. What is the alternate server recovery scenario useful for (that is when is it necessary to recover exchange to an alternate server that is on a separate AD forest, with a separate DC and DNS server)? I thought that was a thing of the past...exch 5.5. if you want to see what i mean click http://www.microsoft.com/technet/community/events/exchange2003/tnt1-101.mspx and click the "Alternate Server Recovery" link. thank you TM Ayala Well, Recovery Storage Groups don't work for every situation. For example, if the original Exchange server...

For MS office beta version. How do I get the product key
For MS office beta version. How do I get the product key What beta version? Where did you get it? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM You can access this newsgroup by visiting http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx or point your newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com. "raolinga...

Money 2007 and Vista user account control
I have noticed a nasty behavior when running Money 2007 on Vista ultimate. If uer acount control is turned on Money opens the file in program files then writes all its changes to the vitural store. When I close Money and open it again the file that is opened is the old file from program files not the file that contains the changes made last time. Is there another way to fix this behavior other than turning UAC off? Thanks in advance John A. Dwyer, MCSE In microsoft.public.money, John A. Dwyer, MCSE wrote: >I have noticed a nasty behavior when running Money 2007 on Vista ultimat...

Exchange 2007 #5
Is there any date for release of Exchange 2007? Thank you. I'm guessing about 6 months before its ready. Well, it seems it will be released to manufacturing in December 2006. http://hellomate.typepad.com/exchange/2006/11/exchange_2007_t.html "Music Lover" <music@my-heart.org> wrote in message news:%23CDHlZdDHHA.4404@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Is there any date for release of Exchange 2007? Thank you. > > ...

DPM 2010 RC and SharePoint 2007 item level
Hello, We use DPM 2010 RC to protect a SharePoint 2007 server and some of the sites are not cataloged for item level with the following error message: "DPM failed to gather item level catalog for 1 database(s) of the SharePoint Farm Sharepoint Farm\database2009a\SharePoint_Config on [...]. Some of the recovery points for these databases in the farm would be associated with an earlier successful catalog. (ID 3133)" Can anyone tell me how to determine which are those recovery points or how to deal with this association problem? Thanks, Zsolt Can you ple...