Office 2007 11-23-09

Of all the choices out there (community discussion, dashboard, live, etc.)
how can I contact someone with input on Microsoft's software.  For example,
I want to know why any one would not display the most common commands on the
HOME tab in Office 2007.  Print, Save, Open, Close, Spell Check, Undo, etc.
etc. etc.   Yes, I know you can customize your own Toolbar, but not a
beginner.  How can I emphasize how important this is, I don't suppose you can
customize the Tabs.

I would like to ask someone why they can't get input from those of us who
teach their products.  It seems Microsoft is focusing on business and have
forgotten about those home users.  Maybe it's time to go back to Works.

> Maybe it's time to go back to Works.

You may be right.

0
Tom
11/23/2009 8:11:27 PM
"I want to know why any one would not display the most common commands on
the HOME tab..."

What if /my/ idea of a 'common command' is different from /your/ idea?

I actually find the ribbon to be a big improvement over the old menu system,
which was becoming just too unwieldy.

The ribbon took some getting used to...everything new does...but now that
I've spent some time with it, I hate going back to the 'ancient' menu system
in Office 2003, which I have to use at work.

Fortunately for me (and you), there's a ton of helpful information on the
internet to help us navigate the new Office layout which I found very
useful. As a teacher, you might find some excellent resources there.

Tell you students that they've been using a ribbon in many of their programs
for years: It's called a toolbar. A ribbon is just a toolbar with extra
icons. Once you get to learn where things have been grouped, it's a breeze
to navigate.

Which is not to say that everything about Office 2007 is perfect; nothing
ever is. But the 'old' versions of Office weren't perfect, either.

Daddy

"Teacher" <Teacher@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Of all the choices out there (community discussion, dashboard, live, etc.)
> how can I contact someone with input on Microsoft's software.  For
> example,
> I want to know why any one would not display the most common commands on
> the
> HOME tab in Office 2007.  Print, Save, Open, Close, Spell Check, Undo,
> etc.
> etc. etc.   Yes, I know you can customize your own Toolbar, but not a
> beginner.  How can I emphasize how important this is, I don't suppose you
> can
> customize the Tabs.
>
> I would like to ask someone why they can't get input from those of us who
> teach their products.  It seems Microsoft is focusing on business and have
> forgotten about those home users.  Maybe it's time to go back to Works.

0
Daddy
11/23/2009 8:33:28 PM
"Teacher" <Teacher@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> I would like to ask someone why they can't get input from those of us who
> teach their products.  It seems Microsoft is focusing on business and have
> forgotten about those home users.  Maybe it's time to go back to Works.

Err probably because the VAST majority of installations ARE in corporate
bodies?
MS has ALWAYS focussed on businesses.

0
Gordon

error 1335 office.1 cab
i can no longer get into my sent items from my outlookthe folder the first message said: Unable to display Errors have been dectected in the file C:\Documents and Settings\pmargolis\My Documents\Outlook\outlook.pst Quit all email-enabled applications and then use the Inbox repair tool. ok so i do this and then following message: ERROR 1335 OFFICE1.cab file required for this instillation is corrupt and cannot be used. the disc is new and the cd drive works fine as i've tested it. what to do? ...

Upgrade 2004 Small Biz to 2007?
A message on my 2004 Money said online services would not be available to me after end of this calendar year. Does this mean I will not be able to download my banking activity after this expiration date? Is 2004 upgrade to 2007 smooth? If I do not upgrade in 2007, do I risk further problems waiting for another year to upgrade? Yes downloads are stopped. M2004 > M2007 upgrade in the same region i.e. US > US, should be OK. If you wait another year you still won't be able to download! -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.mic...

How can I export my rules from Windows Mail to Outlook 2007
I've upgraded to Outlook 2007 and have transferred all my emails. However I also want to transfer my rules from Windows Mail to Outlook 2007. How can I do this? Thanks, Vincenzo What does Windows Mail support? --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, Vincenzo asked: | I've upgraded to Outlook 2007 and have transferred all my emails. | However I also want to transfer my rules from Windows Mail to Outlook ...

Publisher 2007 #15
I am attempting to print a legal size poster, but the page splits into 2 pages on print view and print even though it appears correct on the page. I have reset all the margins, page size, etc., and it continues. It was correct in 2003, but this started with the 2007. I have started from scratch, but it does the same thing. Help! Create your legal sized document, when you are ready to print... File, print, this is the dialogue box you will need to change. Change the paper size to legal, look at print preview, it should preview correctly and print correctly. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP...

Lost Office Software
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel We purchased the Office 2008 Software for our Macbook and somehow misplaced it. We now have an iMac desktop that we would like to install it on. Is there a way to do this using a registration number from the Macbook? Do we need the actual software to install it on a second computer? In order to install Office you need a source disk and your Product Key... The source disk can be any Office 2008 disk but the Product Key is unique to your copy. The Key is on the sleeve the disk came in, so if you've lost th...

Outlook 2007 receives Emails as OPENED
Hi, I am using Outlook 2007 at client end and the server is Microsoft Exchange 2007. Outlook receives the incoming mails as Unread but it suddenly changes it to Read in a few minutes without opening those emails. This problem is going on with only one user profile so I am sure that it would not be a problem at mail server. Please advise. Thanks, Brij Mohan Is the user using the preview pane? Is the mail set to be marked as read after X seconds? That would be the problem. "Brij Mohan" <smart.brij@live.com> wrote in message news:AA984A28-BEBF-4FDD-A165...

Integration between CRM, OA 2007, and Commerce Server
Suggesting... 1) Tight integration between OA 2007 and MS CRM 3.0 2) Tight integration between OA 2007 and MS Commerce Server 3) Tight integration between MS CRM 3.0 and MS Commerce Server. In brief, it would be really nice to see the tight integrations between these 3 packagtes. -- Regards, Andy ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microso...

Trouble installing Office 2004 on iMac G5
Hi. I recently purchased a 17" iMac G5, with OS X 10.4 Tiger on it. I am unable to install Office 2004 Standard for the Mac on it - the combo drive will not recognize the disc. When I insert the CD, it spins for a few seconds and then ejects automatically. I initially thought this was a defective CD, since my drive seems fine. All other types of discs play perfectly - DVDs, CD-Rs etc. So, I exchanged the Office for Mac disc for a new one, twice. I've got the same result so far on 3 discs. They are all original factory sealed Office discs. I tried getting support through the Appl...

Email forwarding #11
While looking for the article on email forwarding which tells how to do it using a contact, I found article 555187 which says another way to do it is just to create a contact, then give its primary address as its external one and a secondary as its internal one. When I send to the internal address, it goes nowhere (doesn't even seem to bounce back). I noticed in System manager, there is no mailbox listed for the contact I created. Is this why it doesn't work ? If so what did I miss ?? Also, someone told me there is a way to do the same thing in Outlook, is there ? Thanks t...

where is the flowchart toolbar on excel 2007
Klog - > where is the flowchart toolbar on excel 2007 < Insert (ribbon) > (Illustrations area) Shapes > (Flowchart) - Mike http://www.MikeMiddleton.com "Klog" <Klog@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A0413275-EF1D-43FA-BEA3-84CBF27BA3CB@microsoft.com... > ...

.csv Attachments won't open outlook 2007
Hi When i double click on .csv attachement in outlook 2007 wiht SP2, It is not asking to save or open the file. Rather it opens the file. Regards, Boopathi This is not controlled by an Outlook configuration but by a Windows configuration. The solution depends on your version of Windows. See http://www.msoutlook.info/question/352 -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "...

Query Trouble 02-23-10
Hellow, I'm using the filter below to filter a query. However when "All Grades" is selected it will not display the "is not null" filtered query. It is balnk. If I change is not null to one of the grades in use, the filter is applied. =IIf([forms]![frmGroupEmail]![emailfilter]="All Grades", Is Not Null,[forms]![frmGroupEmail]![emailfilter]) Access 2007, Vista Thanks, Eoin You actually want to do away with the iif statement altogether and replace it with a simpler Boolean operation. This is what you want for criteria i think, give it a tr...

Does Office 2008 include/support Apple's VoiceOver Technology
Does Office 2008 include/support Apple's VoiceOver Technology (Part of Universal Access)? I have a parent who is visually impaired and I would like her to use Entourage but she can only use it if it comes with VoiceOver technology. Thank you. Theresa In article <b0803c73-f333-4cce-b5e0-5eeff7e9eb9f@e10g2000prf.googlegroups.com>, tlassek@nebrwesleyan.edu wrote: > Does Office 2008 include/support Apple's VoiceOver Technology (Part of > Universal Access)? > > I have a parent who is visually impaired and I would like her to use > Entourage but she can only use ...

2 axes charts in Excel 2007
Has anyone ever received or know of an update to correct the very problematic behaviour of Excel 2007 when (trying to) produce charts with 2 independent axes, each with manually set limits? The program regularly goes off in to a real huff and becomes unresponsive for absolutely ages... There was an issue fixed in SP1 (and before that with a restricted hot fix) but this became even more problematic with SP2. It was accepted as a legitimate bug mid last year but I have never found an update. I note that this behaviour has been cured in Excel 2010 beta... so where is the cure for Ex...

Popups no longer work in Office/Excel help
Has anybody seen an issue with the popups in the Office Help files not working? These are the javascript popups that either show definitions or display windows with more information. I can no longer see any of these popups in any Office help file. When I click on the link nothing happens. I have recently installed Office 2000 service pack 3. Does anybody know how to fix this? Thanks. Tim Do you have a pop up stopper installed? "Tim Zych" <tzych@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:eQEoCZHTDHA.1916@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Has anybody seen an issue with the popups ...

New to powerpoint 2007. How to use macros to move picture.
Hi. I am not very good at ppt but can someone tell me if there is an effect to re-size an image. What I would like to do is have a page that shrinks the image to the top left corner and then displays text. I know there are lots of special effects for images.I want the top corner of the image fixed so that the image retreates up and right. I have been asking this question for over a week now. A reply takes a day. I have a presentation ChildrensTalk.pptm On Slide 8 I have a jpg file called WaterWine.jpg Sub Test() Dim oSh As Shape ' Create a variable to hold a reference '...

Security Roles 06-09-05
I cloned and modified the Salesperson security role. However, the changes I made are not taking affect. When I check the event log it tells me all security descriptors have been updated successfully. Is anyone else having this problem? Danielle ...

Server side rules for Exchange 2007 for auto detaching attachments to a specified location when sender/recipient names match pattern?
Greetings, Some suppliers send us updates to product pricing as email attachments. We would like to process these updates automatically into our SQL product database using SSIS. Can anybody recommend a server side method of automatically detaching these attachments from Exchange 2007 to a specified location when the sender name and recipient address match specified patterns? I believe MAPiLab rules for exchange does it for Exchange 2003 but I need to find a way with Exchange 2007, Cheers Noel ...

Windows Media player 11 won't burn audio cd's
I have had my HP computer for 2 yrs and the Windows media player functioned properly up until 4 months ago. All of a sudden it will either not burn a music disc at all or the first few songs will burn and the rest will either skip or freeze up the disc in the player. I do not receive any error messages. Data CD's burn fine. I first bought new and different CD's with the same result. Then I thought it was a problem with the burner but I then used an alternate software program to burn music CD's and they were fine. Any suggestions, Thankyou -- rmyers8 Posted via http...

using ADO from Excel 2007
We just upgraded to Vista from XP and on some PCs get an error message about MSRDO20.dll not being installed when I try and connect to a SYBASE database using ADO. I have asked the technology group for help installing this (some PCs have it, some don't) My question is - fromteh VBA Developer screen (inside Excel) under Tools - References - which referneces do I need to include to be able to use ADO? What I'm wondering is if in Vista there is a reference I should add in that I have not used before. Is it sufficient that I just downlaod MSRDO20.DLL from the internet an...

Q2010
For you Mid October MS Money expirations....per Amazon - http://www.amazon.com/Intuit-409959-Quicken-Starter-Edition/dp/B002KIJP9M/ref=sr_1_14?ie=UTF8&s=software&qid=1254230033&sr=8-14 Quicken 2010 will be available 10/11/2009. - Ron I looked at Quicken again, and I found the program to be horribly deficient. I am going to stick with Microsoft Money and work on a Microsoft Access database that will be able to replace Microsoft Money at the appropriate time. "Ron Pierce" <ron+MSNews@pierceplace.net> wrote in message news:eTvE1fQQKHA.1372@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.g...

installing outlook 2007 in a netbook
hi, I have outlook instaled in a computer and now I bought a new one, but this time is a netbook that does not have a cd driver. how do I do to install my outlook 2007? 1) Go to computer store and purchase a USB based CD/DVD drive or 2) Copy the entire CD to a USB jump drive. You can then install Office/Outlook onto the netbook from the jump drive. "Maria Fernanda Franco" <Maria Fernanda Franco@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D2897673-AC6D-4E73-9D6F-FB6CB274DFD1@microsoft.com... > hi, I have outlook instaled in a computer and now I bought ...

Excel 2007
Hello, One of our employees has been getting a message that I have never seen before, and after doing a Google search I have come up with no results whatsoever. The error message is: The system you are saving to does not have enough memory to remove personal information from file properties. All personal information may not be removed The computer has 2 GB of RAM and Windows controlled page file, running Windows XP. It does it when saving a particular file and as far as he says, no other files. I also noticed a few minutes ago that he was moving some cells around in a single file, the ce...

my outlook 2007 did not come with stationary installed.HELP!
Can anyone tell me why my newly purchased, downloaded online outlook 2007 did not come with e-mail stationary? When I go to select it it says, "no themes installed" themes are available only if word is installed and it sounds like you have a hosted exchange provided copy. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH...

Microsoft Outlook 2003 and 2007
I'm changing computers and i want to move my personal folders to the new pc. How can i accomplish this task? Microsoft Outlook 2003 and 2007. You don't mention if both machines are connected to your home/personal network, but I have found copying the PST file(s) to a common removable/network drive share the best way. Once you get the PST file(s) moved over to the new machine on one of its local drives, just create a new mail profile on the new machine and use your old data file. "LNNO" <LNNO@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BB4089CD-B...