office 2003 install question

I just purchased a new HP laptop that does not have an optical drive.  I have
Office 2003 with my product key and want to know if there is any way to
install this on my new laptop without an optical drive.  Any help is
appreciated.  Thanks!

"freddy" <freddy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I just purchased a new HP laptop that does not have an optical drive.  I
> have
> Office 2003 with my product key and want to know if there is any way to
> install this on my new laptop without an optical drive.  Any help is
> appreciated.  Thanks!

This is becoming a very frequent question and answer.
a) Copy the DVD to a thumb drive and install from that or
b) Install over a network

A question to ask yourself - how does the Vendor provide for you to restore
Windows? A Recovery DVD? A hidden partition from which you can make your own
Recovery DVD?
Either way you ARE going to need an external DVD drive at some point, so it
might be an idea to think about that BEFORE you need one. They aren't
expensive...

0
Gordon

Office 2004, MDI files?
When I installed Microsoft Office 2003 in Windows XP, it installed the "Microsoft Office Document Image Writer" printer driver. I can print to this printer to create documents in the Microsoft Document Imaging Format (*.MDI). In Windows this file format is only readable through the Microsoft Office Document Imaging program installed with Microsoft Office 2003. Will the Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac OS X version install the "Microsoft Office Document Image Writer" printer driver like the Windows version? Will the Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac OS X version be able ...

office 2010 beta programs very slow to startup
Office 2010 beta Word and Excel spend ages saying they are downloading before they will start up. Office 2003 loads in about a quarter the time. The Office 2007 apps load almost instantly for me. The Splash screen should indicate what is slowing the process. As they start, do you see something such as "Loading <some file name> add-in" in the Splash screen? If so, that's what's causing the delay. Also, for future Office 2010 questions you may want to post in the applicable newsgroup found here: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/of...

Publisher 2003 does not show all fonts
Greetings All, I have a problem that I think is related to the "Font Schemes" of MS Publisher 2003. The facts: Have MS publisher 2003 installed. Have many, mnay truetype fonts installed on the system All my truetype fonts show up in fonts list under MS Word, Excel, etc. I have a web site that I created using one of the MS Publisher templates. The problem: When I open the web site that I created (opne the .pub file) to edit it, only a few fonts show up in the drop-down list. I think the Font Scheme of the templat ethat I chose is limiting the fonts that are displayed, but fo...

Outlook 2003 crashing when adding attachments
fully patched outlook 2003. problem started in November after upgrading to IE7. Seemed to resolve itself, but now started up again last week. Start a new message, click on paperlclip to attach file, the browse window pops up and almost at the same time I get a crash: "Microsoft Office Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience" However, if I use the adobe "Attach as PDF" - which brings up a minimal file browser - it does not crash. Event Viewer shows: Faulting application outlook.exe, version 11.0.8010.0, faulting modul...

exchange 2003 auto delete users delete
Can I do something in Exchange 2003 so that users "deleted items" contents will be wiped out - deleted - after x days of existance? thanks, Set a Mailbox Manager Policy, http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF012.html -- John Oliver, Jr MCSE, MCT, CCNA Exchange MVP 2006 Microsoft Certified Partner "Raul" <jjkgr@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:vvExf.38371$v84.284@trnddc06... > Can I do something in Exchange 2003 so that users "deleted items" contents > will be wiped out - deleted - after x days of existance? > > thanks, > ...

Outlook 2003
I have a user with a laptop with Outlook 2003 running in cached mode connected to an Exchange 2003 server. When the user deletes sub folders(and/or email contained within) they come back the next day. They are also deleted them the deleted items folder . Thinking it may be a sync issue between the laptop and Outlook. I did a manual send/receive after i watched the user delete the folders and sure enough, they were back today. This user also has a home pc set with Outlook 2003 set up in cached mode connected via VPN and his account also is linked to Verizons wireless email sync for his ...

help: Installed Sharepoint Portal Server 2003 over WSS
And now I can't access the Business Portal or my old WSS sites. We're running Microsoft Business Portal for Great Plains on top of WSS 2.0. Today I installed Sharepoint Portal Server 2003 without first reading the migration guide (stupid of me). Now I can't get the old WSS sites or the Business Portal site to load. I created a new virtual server for the Sharepoint Portal Server before installing it and I believe the Sharepoint Portal created a new MSDE database so it didn't wipe out the old SHAREPOINT MSDE database. I need to get the Microsoft Business Portal and the old WSS ...

Excel Questions
Last night I was building a spreadsheet to track a project I'm working on. I'm writing a book, in fact, and I wanted to track progress by date and by chapter, with a few extra columns for things like total words written. It turned out to be fairly large, by my standards, some 30 columns by 200 rows. My first problem came with the totals column. I wanted to put the sum of columns E to Y in the Z column. Excel flagged an error every time, wanting to add columns C and D to the sum. Since C contained the date and D some other information, I was sure I didn't want them, but cou...

XSD Newbie Question: Inheritance?
Can an XML schema in an XSD file inherit elements/attributes/whatever from a complex type in a XML Schema located in a different XSD file? Sorry if this is an obviously stupid question but I can't seem to find the answer anywhere For example I have a Person schema in the file Person.xs <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?><xs:schema id="Person" targetNamespace="http://tempuri.org/Person.xsd" elementFormDefault="qualified xmlns="http://tempuri.org/Person.xsd" xmlns:mstns="http://tempuri.org/Person.xsd" xmlns:...

NT4 SUPPORT OF MS OFFICE 2003
hi, please give the list of operating systems supported by microsoft office 2003 is it support office 2003 in NT 4 ? PLEASE HELP BY ANIL After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from ANIL <anilkumar@asianetindia.com>... > please give the list of operating systems supported by > microsoft office 2003 Microsoft Windows 2000 SP3 and later Microsoft Windows XP Gold and later > is it support office 2003 in NT 4 ? It is not supported and will not work. I suggest upgrading to Windows XP (or 2000 at least) ASAP -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publ...

Out of Office
Does Windows Mail have an "out of office" feature like Outlook? No. You can create one but...... If you do this, you will have to leave your computer on 24/7, be connected to the Internet, and have WinMail open. If you want do this anyway, the link below will explain how to do it. One thing I would suggest is that where it says to create a rule and check For All Messages, you change it and make the rule for people in your address book only. Otherwise you will be replying to Spam as well and could end up in an endless loop of bounces. Your ISP may offer this servic...

Email Toolbar Position
Hi, When using Word as the email editor I can't reposition the email toolbar. I can move the toolbar around, but the position appears to be reset once I close the message - next time I open it it's back in the old position. I've already tried to : - Delete normal.dot - Delete email.dot - Delete outcmd.dat as well as playing with the toolbar positions in Word. Problem has only recently started - after a minor change to Normal.dot Other toolbars can be moved as normal. It's only a small inconvenience, but it's bloody annoying. Any ideas ??? TIA, Adam ...

MSDART.DLL error message in Outlook 2003
Howdy, I'm getting the error message "The procedure entry point GetTextExentPointIX could not be located in the dynamic link Library MSDART.DLL" every time I load Outlook 2003. I get this message a total of six times. I updated to the latest MDAC (2.8) but to no avail. Any help in fixing this would be much appreciated. Thank you. Cheers, Rich Well I solved my own problem and the error message is gone but I'm not sure what happened. When the error message first showed up I did a search for msdart.dll on my computer and only one showed up in \windows\system32 (size and date...

Office: mac missing box with CD key
I purchased Office:mac a few years ago but since then the box has been lost. I have the original cd, and the product key. When I try to open the software after installation it requests the CD key and no number I enter works. Is there anything I can do to obtain my CD key and use it now? If you have the CD & the Product Key is the the one that came with it you should be able to install. If you're having a problem simply obtaining a new key will most likely not resolve the issue. There must be something more at play, but to determine what you'll need to supply much more specific ...

Question abotu IE8
IN the older versions of IE you could look at your temp Internet files and you could see the websites and the images that were on the websites that you had visited. Now when I view files all I see are the cookies.. are we no longer able to see the websites and images that were on the pages that we visited? Thanks and Merry Christmas Shep wrote: > IN the older versions of IE you could look at your temp Internet files and > you could see the websites and the images that were on the websites that you > had visited. Now when I view files all I see are the cook...

Does anyone reccommend CRM for Real Estate offices using Exchange.
I'm looking for advice on wether or not this will work with Exchange Server. I have Business Contact Manager but it does not. CRM does work with Exchange. in fact, Exchange is the only way to send/receive email with the rpoduct. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Wed, 1 Dec 2004 11:19:03 -0800, "Art Luciano" <ArtLuciano@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: I'm looking for advice on wether or not this will work with Exchange Server. I have Business Contact Manager but it does not. Ar...

If Any one have crm 3.0 installation and config certification dumps
Hi Folks , If Any one have crm 3.0 installation and config certification dumps , Please post it or send to krishnaATgmail.com Thanks Kris ...

Use of Previous Version Access Databases in Access 2003
I read the following in an MS support page: "If you want to save the Access file as an MDE (MDE file: Microsoft Access database (.mdb) file with all modules compiled and all editable source code removed.) or ADE (ADE file: A Microsoft Access project (.adp) file with all modules compiled and all editable source code removed.) in Access 2002 or later, you must convert the file to Access 2002 - 2003 file format. Otherwise, you don't necessarily need to convert a Microsoft Access 2000 file to the Access 2002 - 2003 file format." I need to support a few databases (almost always in A...

embedding video object in excel 2003
I am trying to embed and avi file but get a driver not loaded message without identification of driver. Can anyone help? ...

Office 2003 reinstallation
I recently completed construction of a new computer and am using Windows 7. I reinstalled Office 2003. All programs work fine except that I am requested to accept the "Microsoft end user license agreement" each time the programs start. Under Help, the software confirms that it has been activated. Any suggestions to elimate this annoying problem? Thanks Marc Sullivan sullco@nc.rr.com See and implement the following http://support.microsoft.com/kb/884202 -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not...

I am not able to find product key for ms office 2007 trail versio
I am not able to find product key for ms office 2007 trail version where did you get the installation from? Manesh Joseph wrote: > I am not able to find product key for ms office 2007 trail version ...

existing access 2003 database forms toolbox missing
I have a existing access 2003 database that I wanted to add another button but when I go into design mode my toolbar disappears and I only see the grayed out "toolbox" icon. I ran detect and repair with no results. I created an new form and the "toolbox" is available. There seems to be a setting within my existing form that is preventing the "toolbox" command from showing. What do I need to do to turn this back on? ...

Query Question 11-29-07
my data looks like the following 111 0 01/01/2007 111 0 02/01/2007 222 0 04/01/2007 222 0 05/01/2007 555 1 06/01/2007 666 0 06/01/2007 how can i retrieve the following??? 111 0 01/01/2007 222 0 04/01/2007 555 1 06/01/2007 666 0 06/01/2007 my goal is to retrive distinct cols 1 and 2, and then the earliest date in col 3 for distinct records in cols 1 and 2??? any suggestions??? I tried different ways of using FIRST, but was unsuccessful. Thanks in advance. On Nov 28, 7:08 pm, "Jeff" <findjeffa...@emailias.com>...

sort question #2
Hi, I have one column called 'ID'. ID is like A1, A2...B10, B11.... each ID has one alphabet + number(s). When I sort this column, I end up data sorted like...A1, A10, A11....A2, A21, A23....A3, A31....B1, B11.... I have to manually move data around because I want see them as A1, A2....A10, A11...A20, A21...B1, B2...B10, B11.... What should I do? Please help. Thank you. I'd insert a couple of columns adjacent to that ID column. Then do data|Text to columns (fixed width) and separate the single letter into its own column (and the numeric portion into its own). Then use th...

Filtering text Criteria - Win XP
I have a database that lists checks by date in numerical sequence. Some of the checks are voided. Voided checks are listed with the letter "v" in front of the number. When attempting to filter the database to copy to another location the "v" checks show up in the filtered output. I tried using a formula to filter out any checks that start with a "v". For example, in the criteria range I inserted the formula =+AB8>=54119. The formula shows checks that start with the letter v return as true? Why? Shouldn't a letter be viewed as text? To make matters w...