Office 2000 & Office 2007

Just got a new laptop with windows 7. Had purchased office 2000 for my old
pc, can I updgrade to Office 2007 or do I have to buy it all over again. Is
so how ?

"Kevan McArthur" <Kevan McArthur@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Just got a new laptop with windows 7. Had purchased office 2000 for my old
> pc, can I updgrade to Office 2007 or do I have to buy it all over again.
> Is
> so how ?

You can upgrade to any upgrade edition of Office  2007. You will need the
installation disc for Office 2000 or any other qualifying product. Or, you
will need to have a qualifying installed on your new computer (pre-installed
OEM will be accepted}.

See: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/products/FX101754511033.aspx

If your new computer comes with a pre-installed Office 2007 trial, you must
first uninstall the trial and any activation agent before installing Office
2007 upgrade.

Don

0
dgmacmi
11/17/2009 4:48:15 PM
"Kevan McArthur" <Kevan McArthur@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Just got a new laptop with windows 7. Had purchased office 2000 for my old
> pc, can I updgrade to Office 2007 or do I have to buy it all over again.
> Is
> so how ?

See my reply on the Win 7 forum nearly TWO hours ago....

0
Gordon

Access 2007 and Vista code problem

Publisher 2007 frequently crashes

Add PowerPoint 2007 to Office Basic

Outlook 2007 Calendar -> Outlook 2003

compact database in VBA access 2007

Outlook 2000 running on XP
After setting up a mail account and indicating that I want all passwords remembered I constantly get promoted to enter a password when I send and/or receive mail. I have clicked remember password in all dialoges during the setup process and via the Properties dialog following the creation of the account. Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatfully accepted Thanks "Ross Andrews" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1fb4801c45886$24eab500$a301280a@phx.gbl... > After setting up a mail account and indicating that I > want all passwords reme...

MS Access 2007 code not running

MS Project 2007 question
Hello, I am developing a simple schedule with no resources but 2 tasks out of 100 are hazardous and I would like to make the schedule so that when these tasks occur, no other tasks can occur. In other words, even though all tasks are moving around as the schedule is being developed, I would like to make sure no other tasks can be scheduled wherever these 2 hazardous tasks fall. These 2 tasks are serial to every other task in the schedule. Is there a way to do this? Thanks for your help. Mike Create two milestones. Use milestone 1 as the successor task to all tasks th...

Office 2007 Templates & Themes
Is there anyway the content for Office 2007 at the MS Office web site could be made available to Office:Mac users. Currently need to have OGA validation via ActiveX control or from Office for Windows programs. Surely Mac users could be given access! Dave We have asked that question. We don't have an answer yet (at least, it wasn't "No", that would have been quick!). They are trying to work out how to let us in without letting in all the people using the competitor products. I think they will set up a mirror on the MacTopia site that will allow us to reach the ones tha...

Updating External Links Excel 2000 vs 2002/2003

Outlook 2007 PST files and temp files
When I have PST files on the server, I notice that there is a temp file accompanying it when Outlook is loaded. Would loading the temp file on the local PC make Outlook quicker, if so, how can one do this...? Thanks, Tom... "TK" <tkarpowski@bennettcompany.com> wrote in message news:Ovq2RUgvJHA.1088@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > When I have PST files on the server, I notice that there is a temp file > accompanying it when Outlook is loaded. > > Would loading the temp file on the local PC make Outlook quicker, if so, how > can one do this...? You shouldn...

Setting in Outlook 2007
Hi I have Outlook 2007 with all updates, how do I change the settings so attachments, web addresses or inserted pictures are not removed or disallowed. Thanks for any help regards Daniel Attacments removed? - Uninstall your anti virus application Web addresses - In internet options ensure outlook is set as default mail app "Daniel" <noone@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:OcOS1y97JHA.5356@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hi > > I have Outlook 2007 with all updates, how do I change the settings so > attachments, web addresses or inserted pictures are not removed...

Exchange 2007 CCR after reseeding storage group copies
We have an Exchange 2007 CCR cluster that sits on two Windows Server 2008 Enterprise nodes. Due to problems with one node, I evicted it from the cluster and rebuilt it, reinstalling Exchange using the custom / install passive node setup. I used 'Update Storage Group Copy' (with the option selected to 'Delete any existing log files in the target path') to reseed the active databses. It seemed to go OK, and the storage groups status in the Database Management window became 'healthy'. However, when I tried to move the clustered mailbox server on to the new node f...

display in taskbar in excel 2000
Hello, Have a problem! I work with Office 2000 and excel does not open more than onw screen in the taskbar. Windows in Taskbar, I checked in Excel. Clustered display is turned off in the properties of the Taskbar. Can anyone help me with this problem prog, get it only if I 2x open excel. Regards Rob Hi Rob, I can't figure out what exactly what is happening in your excel but try this, Go to TOOLS (Menu Bar) then OPTIONS, in VIEW tab just CHECK the Windows in Taskbar. Hope this will help. ~jaeson ...

Out of Office
I have a problem when I try to set up my "out of office" message. I use Outlook 2003 and have XP Professional. I do not have an exchange server so I have to emulate it - which I did. So.........when I leave for vacation, I have to leave my computer on and Outlook running to have the "Out of Office" message sent to any incoming emails. This seems crazy to me. I run a small business from my home - so what happens if the power goes off on the first day of vacation - then I have no out of office message going to clients. Is there any way around this?? Thanks in a...

Outlook 2007 problem
I am having difficulty opening my Office 2007 Outllook. I am using MS Vista and I keep getting the following message: "Cannot start Microsoft Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window." Later, I ran a compatibility search and got the following: "The extension configuration file "C:\ProgramFiles\Microsoft Office\Office 12\ADDINS\dlgsetup.ec..." cannot be installed. There is an error in the syntax of the format of the file.Error in configuration file "C:Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office 12\ADDINS\dlgsetup.ec..." Any help will be appreciated! ...

Outlook 2007 "Move to folder" default setting
By default, in Outlook 2007, when you right-click on a message and select "Move to Folder", the initial folder selected is the last folder that a message has been moved into. Is there a way to have this option always default to Inbox? Thanks much for the help! No, but you can also directly move the message to your Inbox folder via drag & drop instead of using the Move To dialog for this. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.ms...

outlook 2007, exchange 2007 in SBS 2008 email attachment extensions changed
Day one after rolling out SBS2008 after migrating from SBS200, A number of users are complaining about Word doc's arriving as .do_ and pdf's arriving as .pd_ which need to be renamed to work as intended. Have googled and binged to no avail. Forefront wasn't installed, and get-attachmentfilterlist commands in the Exchange power shell don't return anything that clarifies the situation. Anyone any ideas where this is coming from? Thanks AC You sure you have no other mail filtering? If you have no forefront.. it doesn't sound to me like it's the SBS ...