ODBC Error Message

'Error 1919 configuring ODBC Data Source
Component not found in registry.'

I research this error online and found instructions from Microsoft support
to help correct this problem
One of the instructions was to export two .reg files from another computer
on my network where the software was working and then import them to the
computer that needed to be fixed.
I did this, but it was not successful because on one of the ODBC files I
exported, I received the following error message when I attempted to import
it:

cannot import ODBC2.reg . not all data was successfully written to the
registry.  Some keys are open by the system or other processes.
The folder I exported this from in the registry was
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/ODBC

I attempted to do this in Safe Mode and was not successful with importing
from there as well.  I received the same error message

Thank you in advance for your support and suggestions,

HankL

0
HankL

Period Sales Analysis Report Error
I updated to ver 10 from 9 SP2 a couple weeks ago and everything has worked relatively well (Thanks to all newsgroup members who assisted) I am getting an error "Error in equation 'Net Sales'". Has anyone else seen this and what did you do? I'm guessing this is a modified report? Open the report in Report Writer and check out the Calculated field 'Net Sales'. You will probably find an error there. If I can't figure it out just by looking, I'll look at the v 9 report to see what the calc was trying to come up with and then correct the formula in v ...

After Re-Install
HELP!!! After a crash and a re-install of Office we are now getting user name and password errors in Outlook 2002. We can access the same accounts via a www interface with the same account information. PLEASE help. I've downloaded all the service packs for XP and Office and I've tried un-installing and re-installing including deleting all of the profile information I can find and deleting Outlook's registry, but to no avail. I'm obviously missing something. Any help would be fabulous. Please e-mail Monica@ViaSollertia.co.nz Thanks so much!!! Monica ...

Exchange Extension Error
I'm trying update an email address and an error pops up. Microsoft Active Directory - Exchange Extension A Local Error has occured. Facility: Win32 ID no:8007203b Microsoft Active Directory - Exchange Extension Everything else seems to be working ok. Any ideas? Thanks, Q does this apply? http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;329642 "Quan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1a2001c4abc4$e8f2ea30$7d02280a@phx.gbl... > I'm trying update an email address and an error pops up. > > Microsoft Active Directory - Exchange...

Hidden files in Ms-Query cause ODBC connect errors or Query is wac
I have a Query fetch_from_bob that moves data (collapses records,unique key search, etc...) from excel spreadsheet "bob" to excel spreadsheet "fred". Fred and bob live in the same directory" c:\123directory" on the same computer. I allow this query to execute/refresh data automatically when one of the query paramaters is changed. This works great. I also have a macro that invokes the query to refresh the data whenever the user desires. This works great as well. The macro literally has all the VB code to execute the query. But I'm just a part time progra...

Linking message
Hi, I've a database that's linked to the Inbox of my Outlook,Is there a way to create a button that once i click on it opens the message itself from the Outlook? Regards ...

PLEASE HELP--ERROR MESSSAGE
I have two error messages. The reason why I am getting this is because I got a new computer and I copied my old outlook information and put it in the new computer. Everytime I open my outlook this message appears and the only thin I have to do is click ok and everything works. But how do I fix it? I did reload outlook serval times and there error message still comes even if I do not put my old information in it. Error 1: "The add-in "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\SBCMSYNC.DLL" could not be installed or loaded. This problem may be resolved by using Detect and Repai...

CDOLive Automatic Message Responding Script
This appears to be a great way to have an autoresponder without having a client-side Outlook rule running all the time, http://www.cdolive.com/autoreply.htm I've tested this solution with good results, however i'm concerend about routing loops. It's setup to ignore NDR's, out-of-office autoreplies, meeting requests, etc., but it will still respond to, say, another autoresponder. I'd be more comfortable if it only reposnded to a specific address once during a given period, like Outlook rules. Is there a better way to do this? I want something that can run server-side o...

GUID/Outlook format link giving error "Unable to open the seleted folder or item"
Hi, I have created custom forms in multiple public Outlook folders and when I send the GUID type link to the user, they receive an error: "Unable to open the seleted folder or item". The same happens if I send the Outlook type link. However, if I ask the user to go to the folder and find the appropriate posting, then the form opens and after that the link works, too. Is this due to some Exchange server setting? My clients are not the type that tolerate opening the form the long way, they want a one click solution. Please help, this is driving my team crazy. Any ideas are welcome...

550 5.7.1 relay error messae
I have select number of Clients (3) out of 27 who we can not send emails to, they are in a separate domain from ours. Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: test 4:35pm Sent: 2/27/2007 4:34 PM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: Sean ***** on 2/27/2007 4:34 PM You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, contact your system administrator. <mail.n*******.org #5.7.1 smtp;550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for tsc16.****.****@***.local> Rhodes.messiah@gmail.com wrote in news:1172615546.953350.313930 @j...

Rules in Error
When I open Outlook 2002 I receive a dialogue box which states Rules in Error - Server Requested Client Action MoveCopy, Unable to create dest msg. I don't know where this came from. Thanks for the help in advance. ...

error message 01-01-10
Unable to send or receive messages for the Hotmail (**********) account. To send and receive messages in your Hotmail account, go to http://hotmail.live.com on the Web, or try again later. To get help from Windows Live Customer Support, go to http://support.live.com and click Windows Live Mail in the list of services. Subject 'Greetings' Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x80070057 I want to know how to dump this popup. I don't need to send the message and everytime I open windows live mail, this error message regarding an unable to compete task shows up. How do I ge...

Purchase Order Entry Error Message
While in version 8.0g34 and Purchase Order Entry window opened. User accidentally minimized the window instead of closing the window. User closed window while minimized and the following message appeared. Unhandled script exception Object has no reference EXCEPTION_CLASS_SCRIPT_BAD_PARAM OK User clicks ok approx. 10 times and the window finally closes. Why does this happen? Perhaps a fix should be applied. Thanks! ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree...

C++ runtime error
When I open Outlook I get the following error: ______________________________________ Mcrosoft Visual C++ Runtime Libary Runtime Error! Progam: C:\Progra~1\Micros~2\Office10\Outlook.exe This application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information. ______________________________________ I have already tried to run a repai and to uninstall and reinstall and I still get the same error. Any ideas? I GET THE SAME MESSAGE, BUT IT HAS ONLY STARTED SINCE I UPGRADED TO NORTON ANTIVIRUS 2004 TRIED NUNERO...

Conversion error
Hi, I have a table called stats that has the following columns: jobname, ahours, aminutes, aseconds, amilliseconds. I need to get an average of each job ran but I need to be able to concatenate ahours, aminutes, aseconds, amillisecons into one column. I am trying to run a simple query: SELECT JobName, CONVERT(NVARCHAR (100),(AVG (AHours) + ':' + AVG (AMinutes) + ':' + AVG (ASeconds) + ':' + AVG (AMilliseconds))) AS 'Average Time' FROM stats GROUP BY JobName I am getting the following error: Msg 245, Level 16, State 1, Line 1 Conversion failed whe...

Rich edit control and having a hypertext control to send the messages to windows
Hi Here is the code to detect that if a click is made on word "START". But I have many "START" word Is there any way to detect which "START" word has been clicked? Please Let me know if any Thanks Anup void CRichEditGSDlg::OnLinkRicheditStatic(NMHDR* pNMHDR, LRESULT* pResult) { ENLINK *pLink = reinterpret_cast<ENLINK *>(pNMHDR); FINDTEXTEX findText; *pResult = 0; if( pLink->msg == WM_LBUTTONDOWN ) { long lStart = pLink->chrg.cpMin; long lEnde = pLink->chrg.cpMin; m_Ctrl_RichEditStatic.SetSel(pLink->chrg); CString strLi...

Undeliverable email message..._
My ISP migrated to a new smtp server and I had to make the necessary changes to relay my messages correctly. However, when I forward an e-mail or reply to a cashed mail address I receive the following: From: System Administrator Sent: Monday, October 04, 2004 4:26 PM To: email@domain.com Subject: Undeliverable:RE: Message Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: RE: Message Sent: 10/4/2004 4:26 PM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: email@domain.com on 10/4/2004 4:26 PM You do ...

How to paste animation in publisher for an email message
In a MS Publisher document, I have pasted animated bmp & gif files. When I send the doc by MS Outlook email, the animation doesn't work when the message is pulled up. Is there a special way to paste & activate animation in Publisher? This is not an option in Publisher. Publisher automatically changes the animated images to normal images. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Flyboy" <Flyboy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:...

Visio Error
I was working in Visio on a document and I accidently hit my power switch (the one on the floor on the cord) and my PC turned off. When my machine rebooted and I tried to access the same Visio file, a message tells me that I cannot access the file because it is NOT a Visio file???? I tried renaming it, didn't help. This is the second time this happened to me and I can't understand why the program is not recognizing the file. It's very frustrating....does anyone have any answers to this? - Sally Another option is to turn on "Autorecovery" It will automatic...

excel 2000 message
excel 2000 message - 'cannot use object linking and embedding' Were they hit by the MSBlast worm? One poster (Lutz Meyer) guessed that this was the cause of his problems. I haven't seen any confirmation/denial, but you may want to read his post: http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=3F3971AF.FA4490F5%40msn.com Post back with your results. I'm curious if that was the problem. (It's come up quite a few times since MSBlast hit.) bill bootle wrote: > > excel 2000 message - 'cannot use object linking and > embedding' -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.c...

A question about threads and message queues.
I'm writing a program using MFC, actually I've done this technique several times. I have a primary UI in one window, and I make a UI thread that has a different window that is displaying some graphics. I have a commercial graphics library that has 'transitions' (ways to go from one image to another using wipes or fades and the like). These transitions can be run in a loop for high speed, but still take a few seconds, during which time the UI on all threads in the app freeze. The solution to this is to repeatedly send a message to do the next step (via a timer or otherwise) ...

Default recipient for new messages?
Is it possible to have Outlook XP load a default recipient for new messages? yak <bruce_henke@hotmail.com> wrote: > Is it possible to have Outlook XP load a default recipient for new > messages? Do you mean that you want a particular person to receive a copy of all the mail you send? There's a rule that will do that. -- Brian Tillman Brian Tillman wrote: > yak <bruce_henke@hotmail.com> wrote: > >> Is it possible to have Outlook XP load a default recipient for new >> messages? > > > Do you mean that you want a particular person to rec...

Error saving Excel files in a network drive
I have a problem saving Excel files onto a network drive. I get an error saying it was imposible to save the file. It creates a temporary file and then I have to open it and save it as a new document. This issue doesn�t occur saving the file in my hard disk. This happens with "Full control" access to the shared folder... I have Windows XP and Office 2000. Thanks in advance Mateo. Hi Mateo, > I have a problem saving Excel files onto a network drive. I get an error > saying it was imposible to save the file. It creates a temporary file and > then I have to open it and sav...

duplicate pop3 messages everytime restarting outlook 2003
Everytime I close and then reopen Outlook 2003, it keeps on downloading the same messages off my POP3 servers, which means I have to go and delete them again and again. I need to keep messages on my server because I sometimes need to access those messages from a remote location via webmail. The Microsoft Outloook support simply acknowledged the problem, but how do I stop it?! There was no such problem with Outlook Express... How many accounts do you have? Could you turn on diagnostic logging (see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q300479) and post the OPMLog.l...

Calculate Checks Error
I have a client that has a problem when calculating payroll checks. They built the batch and everything was fine. They checked the sheet for errors-which there were none. Then they went to Calculate payroll and the screen came up with No warnings and No errors. But when they hit the OK button they received the message "The checks cannot be calculated, errors were found when building the check." The user then logged in as user sa and was able to calculate checks without the error. Any suggestions on why the user receives the error? Thanks, Jocelyn "Jocelyn&q...