New Office reminds me of New Coke

Everyone hates it.
The difference is that at least with Coke, there was Pepsi.
Dear MS:
Please admit that his was a failure and provide a patch that allows the
world to toggle back to Classic Office.
Stop being so arrogant.  Did you really think we were going to pay billions
to re-train everyone in a flippin' recession?
Geez.  Engineers....
It doesn't make you bad or dumb to admit you made a mistake.  It means that
you learned!

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=6a55f6df-6369-40ad-8cbe-22d4647428aa&dg=microsoft.public.office.misc

You should not use Microsoft products if you are on Crystal Meth.  You
can choose either to do some meaningful work using Microsoft Products or
just remain hallucinated using coke or meth!  You can't mix the two
otherwise it would be a recipe for disaster.

Joe Average wrote:

>Everyone hates it.
>The difference is that at least with Coke, there was Pepsi.
>Dear MS:
>Please admit that his was a failure and provide a patch that allows the
>world to toggle back to Classic Office.
>Stop being so arrogant.  Did you really think we were going to pay billions
>to re-train everyone in a flippin' recession?
>Geez.  Engineers....
>It doesn't make you bad or dumb to admit you made a mistake.  It means that
>you learned!
>
>----------------
>This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the
>suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I
>Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this
>link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then
>click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
>http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=6a55f6df-6369-40ad-8cbe-22d4647428aa&dg=microsoft.public.office.misc

0
ANONYMOUS
11/25/2009 9:45:59 PM
"Joe Average" <JoeAverage@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Everyone hates it.
> The difference is that at least with Coke, there was Pepsi.
> Dear MS:
> Please admit that his was a failure and provide a patch that allows the
> world to toggle back to Classic Office.
> Stop being so arrogant.  Did you really think we were going to pay
> billions
> to re-train everyone in a flippin' recession?

<sigh> It takes less than a DAY for a good average user to figure out how to
work 2007.....

0
Gordon

As in: http://swiftys.org.uk/images/Recipies.jpg ??

--
Steve Swift
http://www.swiftys.org.uk/swifty.html

Gordon wrote:

> "Joe Average" <JoeAverage@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>
>> Everyone hates it.
>> The difference is that at least with Coke, there was Pepsi.
>> Dear MS:
>> Please admit that his was a failure and provide a patch that allows the
>> world to toggle back to Classic Office.
>> Stop being so arrogant.  Did you really think we were going to pay
>> billions
>> to re-train everyone in a flippin' recession?
>

> <sigh> It takes less than a DAY for a good average user to figure out
> how to work 2007.....

Remember, there are those folks who balance out the above average user.

0
Bob

> Gordon wrote:
>

>> "Joe Average" <JoeAverage@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>
>>> Everyone hates it.
>>> The difference is that at least with Coke, there was Pepsi.
>>> Dear MS:
>>> Please admit that his was a failure and provide a patch that allows the
>>> world to toggle back to Classic Office.
>>> Stop being so arrogant.  Did you really think we were going to pay
>>> billions
>>> to re-train everyone in a flippin' recession?
>>

>> <sigh> It takes less than a DAY for a good average user to figure out how
>> to work 2007.....
>
> Remember, there are those folks who balance out the above average user.

Yes, but it takes a reasonable amount of application skill to use prior
versions of Office....

0
Gordon

ACCESS on a new iBook?
Hi, Has anyone any experience on running Access under Virtual PC or similar? I have a new model iBook 1.42 Ghz, 512MB RAM (soon to be upped to 1 GB) and 10.4.6. I'm wanting it to brush up my knowledge for use at work so won't be using huge data sets, just playing with new builds & small amounts of test data. I don't really want to buy an old PC just for this so just wanted to check it wouldn't be unusably slow under virtualisation software. Any advice greatly appreciated. Cheers Jason ____ Hi Jason, Microsoft Access works fine in Virtual PC. Yes, it's slightly...

Out Of Office for outside
Hello, I just installed Exchange 2007 SP1 on my organization. I have Outlook 2003/2007 connected to Exchange server I try to set up "Out of Office" auto reply feature in outlook. Its works fine for "Inside my Organization" users but doesn't work for anybody for "Outside my Organization." Users getting mails from outside but Auto reply doesn't starts. Is there anything may be wrong in my Exchange setting I have looked at? Thank you in advance, Alex Sorry for the post in a wrong group. "Sasha" <ABassin@unitymgmt.com> ...

my e-mail dose not work in office 2007
i am trying to e-mail from office 2007 i have to icon but when i click on it nothing happens do i have to activate it "glo" <glo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8D3ED581-F3ED-4C6A-9048-893EC1F57761@microsoft.com... >i am trying to e-mail from office 2007 i have to icon but when i click on >it > nothing happens do i have to activate it And your email client is? -- Asking a question? Please tell us the version of the application you are asking about, your OS, Service Pack level and the FULL contents of any error message(s) See if your mail p...

[ANN] New XML Text Editor in Visual Studio
Announcing: New XML Text Editor in Visual Studio 2005 Beta 1 Visual Studio 2005 Beta 1 contains a completely new XML Text Editor, built on top of the core text editor provided by Visual Studio. It is entirely written in C# and leverages all the cool stuff provided by the System.Xml ..NET assembly. The XML editor provides support for editing XML and DTD content, including special support for XSD and XSL and includes the following handy features: a.. Full syntax coloring for all XML and DTD syntax. b.. Well formedness checking while you type, with red squiggles and error list. c.. Intel...

New Record Problem when filtering
I'm using Access 2003 and have what at first seems like a common problem. On one of my forms if a user hits the scroll button on the mouse, it scrolls to a new record which then causes problems. I don't have sufficient rights to deploy a dll file so I got around it by changing the AllowAdditions setting to "No". Theoretically that should have worked and indeed it does if I open up a form directly. But in this database I often open up a form to a particular record using the "Where Condition" argument of the DoCmd.OpenForm command. When I do that, it opens...

Replacing Powerpoint 97 SR-2 on M/S Office 97 Pro Edit on Win XP
I dread asking this in case someone descends on me like a ton of bricks and says the answer is in the posts already! - but i I have never used the PP 97 which came with the MS Office 97 Pro Edit I have installed on my computer which uses Win XP with Ser Pack 3. I am about to embark on using PowerPoint for the FIRST time and wonder whether I should, before anything else, acquire a more up to date version first - and one that will work problem free with my XP - which version should I go for and will it, on loading, overwrite and replace the Powpoint I already have and still operat...

Problems Getting a Field to Work in a New Mail Message form
I have Outlook 2000 SR-1 using IMO (Internet Mail Only - not Exchange Server). Does anyone know of a way to make sure the From: field appears in a new mail message? For reasons too lengthy to get into, it would be very helpful for me to see the From: field (with my default email address already filled in, of course) as well as they typical To:, CC: and Subject: fields when composing a new email. I did try to create a new form (Tools >Forms >Design a Form >Message) but when I used it, the default email address did not appear. What am I doing wrong? Thanks, Sangrateo SangrateoATanonymo...

Open New Visio Drawing using VBA in Word?
Hi, We're creating new Word 2007 templates, and some of them require flowchart functionality from Visio. Our goal is to create a macro within the Word template to call Visio, open a new drawing and have a custom stencil set open for users to use. Users would then open create their flowchart/diagram in Visio, and it would update automatically into the Word template when Visio is closed. I'm using the following code to start Visio, however I'm stuck on where to go from there: Sub Visio() Shell "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\VISIO.exe", vbN...

Microsoft Office "Database Corrupt" message
I need some help here. Recently, I got a "Database Corrupt" error message when running any MS Office 2004 program. I then tried to rebuild the database but I got an "end of file" error. However, all my email files etc are intact. Meanwhile, my "login" keychain is missing, and I had to repair it with Keychain Firstaid. The corrupt database message won't go away. What should I do? Thanks, sean ps. I'm running Mac OS 10.3.7 ...

ReInstallation of Outlook Client off line version on Vista Office 2007 Version 3.0vc
Has anybody successfully managed to achieve this as i need to add a new user to a vista machine which already has a CRM offline user attached. http://www.microsoft.com/dynamics/crm/using/deploy/removeclient.mspx Following the above link i know works fine for XP and 2003, but as things have changed in 2007 the above i am sure would not work with the new SQL Database that is installed with Vista and Outlook 2007. Any ideas. ...

Office 2000 Excel SP-3: Nasty intermittent bug during save.
The bug occurs in the following circumstances (although not every time). 1. Two files are open, - a 'book4' type temporary file that I couldn't care less about. - a rather large 10 sheet workbook that I've been working on. 2. I try to save the large file - instead - the _temporary file_ is saved _over_ the large file on the disk. - an error message is displayed saying the file has been saved but that it is out of memory and had to close it. - the temporary file is displayed. 3. Generally the large file disappears from the task bar. 4. If the large file doesn't disppea...

Choosing contact for new case email
If I am in a Case and I create a new Email for that case, the To: address is by default populated with the Account associated with that Case. In most cases, the account itself does not have an email address associated with it. Instead of the Account, I would like it to be pre-populated with the Responsible Contact for that Case. I can change this manually, but it requires many steps. 1) Is there any way to customize this behavior so that the Responsible Contact is in the To: field by default? 2) When I click on the "..." button next to To: which brings up the Search dial...

WHY CAN I RECEIVE BUT NOT SEND IN OUTLOOK 2003 FROM A NEW DELL COMPUTER? pLEASE HELP
i USE AN OPTIPLEX 210, WITH VERIZON DSL AND MICROSOFT SMALL BUSINESS EDITION 2003, WITH OUTLOOK 2003. Norton Internet Security SUite, with lowered settings. DSL is not the problem I don't think. I can send out via an alternate gmail pop account and in Outlook Express. This doesn't happen every day, and usually when it does after 3-5 hours of use of my computer. I can still receive, but the SENT email gets stuck in my outbox. I have to shut down my computer and start it up again and then I can send email. I had some memory problems indicated at shutdown, but no code that is resear...

Is Outlook free to use with the Microsoft Office 2003 I bought?
I bought Microsoft Office 2003 after buying my computer. It has Microsoft Outlook as part of the package. I have an internet provider already, but really like Outlook after having used it for years at work. Can I use Outlook for free? Yes. Just install it and set it up and use it -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "KatsEmail" <KatsEmail@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:93C001DC-7972-496D-88B6-1506F7982F6C@microsoft.com... >I bought Microsoft Office 20...

Odd issues since new Domain...
HISTORY: Internal network: Win NT 4.0 server / Client Domain, 3 servers, 45 clients. Netopia 4652-T router at gateway. Internal Exchange Server 5.5. Internal WINS, NO Internal DNS presence installed. Single Public IP set at router with NAT running, basic firewall and server list allowing standard Exchange traffic and exposing Exchange info to Internet. Internal NT Domain Name: KICHICAGO External details: Our old Internet Domain name is "Knightinfrastructure.com", hosted by Macleod USA - Still active as Exchange e-mail domain. Our new Internet Domain is "Knightea.com&...

SmartList Security for New SmartLists
I'm having a problem with version 9 SmartList Security. I create a SmartList and then open SmartList and let it add the new object. I go to Advanced Security and the SmartList is marked automatically but nobody that is marked for it can see it. I have to unmark and remark the checkbox. Is there a setup issue or a software issue? -- Charles Allen, MVP Hi Charles, I have you gone into Smart list Security. I have found that even though the New Smartlist object is checked in Advanced Security, it will not be checked in the Smart List Security. I believe that this has been writt...

New Word template always prompts to save changes
Word 2003/XP Pro I am trying to create an alternative Normal.dot. Problem is when I try to save a document created from AltNormal, I always receive the prompt: "Do you want to save the changes to AltNormal.dot?". Typing and saving a few of characters is sufficient to cause the prompt. If I accept the prompt, the prompt returns when I next modify the document. All this occurs even if AltNormal has not been modified from Normal.dot. I have tried many different ways to resolve this including basing AltNormal on: (1) a copy of Normal.dot, (2) a clean document from Norm...

Receive new email notification for Inbox only
I have a number of rules operating in my Mailbox (Outlook 98), but I only want to receive the yellow envelope in the system tray when a new email arrives in my Inbox, not for the ones that are redirected to other folders. Anyone know how to do this? JGP <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have a number of rules operating in my Mailbox (Outlook > 98), but I only want to receive the yellow envelope in the > system tray when a new email arrives in my Inbox, not for > the ones that are redirected to other folders. Since the messages come into your Inbox first,...

How can I attach an email (from my Live Mail inbox) to a new email
Neither the Insert nor Attach functions seem to provide a way to do this (which I do with the paperclip icon and then Item in Outlook 2003 on my other computer). -- Derek Do it the other way round... Right-click on the message you want to send, and select either "Forward", or "Forward as Attachment" -- Dave N. MS-MVP (Mail) Windows 7 Ultimate http://download.live.com/wlmail "Derek" <Derek@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:51D8BE48-9C22-4600-A73A-121726FAD430@microsoft.com... > Neither the Insert nor Attach func...

Cannot Start Reminder Service
I keep getting an error message upon starting Outlook2000 in WinXP..."Cannot start the reminder service. Unable to show reminders." Any suggestions? Thanks. Joel Try starting Outlook with the /resetfolders switch. Start, Run dialog: outlook.exe /resetfolders Press Enter and make sure to leave a space before the switch. -- Ken Slovak [MVP - Outlook] http://www.slovaktech.com Author: Absolute Beginner's Guide to Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 Reminder Manager, Extended Reminders, Attachment Options http://www.slovaktech.com/products.htm "Joel Leslie" <jle...

Installed office on Computer w/Hard drive crash
I installed Microsoft Office Home and Student 2007 on a new computer and the hard drive went bad witin 2 weeks. The retailer I bought it from swapped it for a new computer. I need to install it again but I don't want to use another license for it. Any suggestions? Use the license you have. The retail version can be installed on 3 machines concurrently. LMD wrote: > I installed Microsoft Office Home and Student 2007 on a new computer and the > hard drive went bad witin 2 weeks. The retailer I bought it from swapped it > for a new computer. I need to install it aga...

How do I move Outlook to a new computer
I need to upgrade some of my users to new computers but I need them to keep their old e-mails, contacts, tasks etc.. What files do I have to copy over to the new machines? I see an outlook.pst but I don't know if e-mail folders are in there as well. hopefully this is easy to do if the same version of Outlook eg 2000 What if the new computer hasa a new version of outlook? I'm sure this has been discussed so just a pointer to the info would be fine. Thanks jt After you install Outlook on the new computer, you can copy the old .pst file to the new computer, then import it in...

office mac 2008 #5
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel office mac 2008 will not open after installtion On 6/16/09 1:49 PM, in article 59b76ae1.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "jessezcali@officeformac.com" <jessezcali@officeformac.com> wrote: > office mac 2008 will not open after installtion Move the Microsoft User Data folder to the desktop. Re-install Office 2008 from DVD. Run the 12.1.0 SP1 upgrade (SP1 is not needed with newer DVDs) then the 12.1.9 upgrade. Move contents in the old folder back to the new Microsoft User Data folder. -- Diane > On ...

Import Clip Art Favorites from Office 2004
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Power PC Having just installed Office 2008 Home & Student Edition, I would like to import my Favorites clip art that I had previously downloaded from MS into Office 2004. When installing 2008, I saved this clip art, all in a folder labeled Personal, from the trash. When I go into the Clip Art Gallery, click Import, and select one of these from this folder, one of four things happens: 1) the clip imports okay (this happens rarely), 2) I get an error message, 3) nothing happens (this is the most common result), or 4) Clip Ar...

Upgrading from Office X Service Pack 1
Hello I purchased Office X (Student and Teacher Edition) today. Applications installed OK, but upgrade to 10.1.2 from Service Pack 1 fails. At the first attempt I get "This updater could not find Office v.X or you have clicked cancel......" I then remove the MS Component Plugin file. The installer finds the directory but returns the message "An error prevented the update from completing. 11002:2,-14" I have tried all the recommended trouble shooting techniques including - reboot my Mac (!), switch virus checker off, shut down all other applications, I've even tried r...