My .doc file is bad? (office 2003)

This is my file:
http://homepage.ice.cycu.edu.tw/~s9627255/files/FinalProject.doc

I can't open it to second page using word 2003.
When scroll to second page, word 2003 no response and cpu is busy.
0
Utf
2/2/2010 2:59:01 PM
office.misc 2235 articles. 0 followers. Follow

7 Replies
739 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 54

"Robert" <Robert@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:C377EEFD-B439-4292-9870-05F8520D7E5C@microsoft.com...
> This is my file:
> http://homepage.ice.cycu.edu.tw/~s9627255/files/FinalProject.doc
>
> I can't open it to second page using word 2003.
> When scroll to second page, word 2003 no response and cpu is busy.

No problem here.  I can open all 5 pages.  Is there a reason why they're in 
Chinese?
-- 


"Don't pick a fight with an old man.
If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you."
 

0
Michael
2/2/2010 3:33:28 PM
"Michael" 來函:

> "Robert" <Robert@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:C377EEFD-B439-4292-9870-05F8520D7E5C@microsoft.com...
> > This is my file:
> > http://homepage.ice.cycu.edu.tw/~s9627255/files/FinalProject.doc
> >
> > I can't open it to second page using word 2003.
> > When scroll to second page, word 2003 no response and cpu is busy.
> 
> No problem here.  I can open all 5 pages.  Is there a reason why they're in 
> Chinese?
> -- 

I don't understand "Is there a reason why they're in Chinese?"
Is the problem word 2003 Chinese version ?  or Chinese words ?
Do you use word 2003 to open it and can open all 5 pages ?
0
Utf
2/4/2010 5:51:01 AM
In article <BEC975B3-0F58-444C-A172-0CD216D84268@microsoft.com>, Robert wrote:
> "Michael" ??:
> 
> > "Robert" <Robert@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> > news:C377EEFD-B439-4292-9870-05F8520D7E5C@microsoft.com...
> > > This is my file:
> > > http://homepage.ice.cycu.edu.tw/~s9627255/files/FinalProject.doc
> > >
> > > I can't open it to second page using word 2003.
> > > When scroll to second page, word 2003 no response and cpu is busy.
> > 
> > No problem here.  I can open all 5 pages.  Is there a reason why they're in 
> > Chinese?
> > -- 
> 
> I don't understand "Is there a reason why they're in Chinese?"
> Is the problem word 2003 Chinese version ?  or Chinese words ?
> Do you use word 2003 to open it and can open all 5 pages ?

I think the answer to the question is probably:  

"Yes.  The reason it's in Chinese is that I wrote it in Chinese."

Given the Taiwan-based URL, that's fairly obvious.

I was able to open it in Word 2003 and view all five pages.

0
Steve
2/4/2010 4:15:58 PM
"Steve Rindsberg" 來函:

> In article <BEC975B3-0F58-444C-A172-0CD216D84268@microsoft.com>, Robert wrote:
> > "Michael" ??:
> > 
> > > "Robert" <Robert@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> > > news:C377EEFD-B439-4292-9870-05F8520D7E5C@microsoft.com...
> > > > This is my file:
> > > > http://homepage.ice.cycu.edu.tw/~s9627255/files/FinalProject.doc
> > > >
> > > > I can't open it to second page using word 2003.
> > > > When scroll to second page, word 2003 no response and cpu is busy.
> > > 
> > > No problem here.  I can open all 5 pages.  Is there a reason why they're in 
> > > Chinese?
> > > -- 
> > 
> > I don't understand "Is there a reason why they're in Chinese?"
> > Is the problem word 2003 Chinese version ?  or Chinese words ?
> > Do you use word 2003 to open it and can open all 5 pages ?
> 
> I think the answer to the question is probably:  
> 
> "Yes.  The reason it's in Chinese is that I wrote it in Chinese."
> 
> Given the Taiwan-based URL, that's fairly obvious.
> 
> I was able to open it in Word 2003 and view all five pages.
> 
> .

So... maybe it's word 2003 Chinese version problem... (sad)  even I still 
don't know what's problem...

I open it using a whole new install computer... the office word 2003 still 
can't open it...
0
Utf
2/5/2010 4:30:01 PM
In article <F995703D-20BE-4630-A0D1-6F113439FB74@microsoft.com>, Robert wrote:
> "Steve Rindsberg" ??:
> 
> > In article <BEC975B3-0F58-444C-A172-0CD216D84268@microsoft.com>, Robert wrote:
> > > "Michael" ??:
> > > 
> > > > "Robert" <Robert@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> > > > news:C377EEFD-B439-4292-9870-05F8520D7E5C@microsoft.com...
> > > > > This is my file:
> > > > > http://homepage.ice.cycu.edu.tw/~s9627255/files/FinalProject.doc
> > > > >
> > > > > I can't open it to second page using word 2003.
> > > > > When scroll to second page, word 2003 no response and cpu is busy.
> > > > 
> > > > No problem here.  I can open all 5 pages.  Is there a reason why they're in 
> > > > Chinese?
> > > > -- 
> > > 
> > > I don't understand "Is there a reason why they're in Chinese?"
> > > Is the problem word 2003 Chinese version ?  or Chinese words ?
> > > Do you use word 2003 to open it and can open all 5 pages ?
> > 
> > I think the answer to the question is probably:  
> > 
> > "Yes.  The reason it's in Chinese is that I wrote it in Chinese."
> > 
> > Given the Taiwan-based URL, that's fairly obvious.
> > 
> > I was able to open it in Word 2003 and view all five pages.
> > 
> > .
> 
> So... maybe it's word 2003 Chinese version problem... (sad)  even I still 
> don't know what's problem...
> 
> I open it using a whole new install computer... the office word 2003 still 
> can't open it...

When you say "can't open it", what exactly happens?  Do you get error messages?  
Does Word crash?  Or do you mean the same problem as you described above ... it 
won't scroll to the second page?

There's a drawing on the second page.  Do you know where it came from?  Perhaps it's 
the problem.  


0
Steve
2/5/2010 7:43:52 PM
"Steve Rindsberg" 來函:

> In article <F995703D-20BE-4630-A0D1-6F113439FB74@microsoft.com>, Robert wrote:
> > "Steve Rindsberg" ??:
> > 
> > > In article <BEC975B3-0F58-444C-A172-0CD216D84268@microsoft.com>, Robert wrote:
> > > > "Michael" ??:
> > > > 
> > > > > "Robert" <Robert@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> > > > > news:C377EEFD-B439-4292-9870-05F8520D7E5C@microsoft.com...
> > > > > > This is my file:
> > > > > > http://homepage.ice.cycu.edu.tw/~s9627255/files/FinalProject.doc
> > > > > >
> > > > > > I can't open it to second page using word 2003.
> > > > > > When scroll to second page, word 2003 no response and cpu is busy.
> > > > > 
> > > > > No problem here.  I can open all 5 pages.  Is there a reason why they're in 
> > > > > Chinese?
> > > > > -- 
> > > > 
> > > > I don't understand "Is there a reason why they're in Chinese?"
> > > > Is the problem word 2003 Chinese version ?  or Chinese words ?
> > > > Do you use word 2003 to open it and can open all 5 pages ?
> > > 
> > > I think the answer to the question is probably:  
> > > 
> > > "Yes.  The reason it's in Chinese is that I wrote it in Chinese."
> > > 
> > > Given the Taiwan-based URL, that's fairly obvious.
> > > 
> > > I was able to open it in Word 2003 and view all five pages.
> > > 
> > > .
> > 
> > So... maybe it's word 2003 Chinese version problem... (sad)  even I still 
> > don't know what's problem...
> > 
> > I open it using a whole new install computer... the office word 2003 still 
> > can't open it...
> 
> When you say "can't open it", what exactly happens?  Do you get error messages?  
> Does Word crash?  Or do you mean the same problem as you described above ... it 
> won't scroll to the second page?
> 
> There's a drawing on the second page.  Do you know where it came from?  Perhaps it's 
> the problem.  
> 
It has not any error messages. Word just halt there, and cpu is very busy. 
It won't stop, and can't load out the second page and after...

It's my paper file... I don't know what happent with it in.
0
Utf
2/11/2010 4:40:08 PM
In article <9917851D-D572-467A-A7C3-4A065B2DB631@microsoft.com>, Robert wrote:
> "Steve Rindsberg" ??:
> 
> > In article <F995703D-20BE-4630-A0D1-6F113439FB74@microsoft.com>, Robert wrote:
> > > "Steve Rindsberg" ??:
> > > 
> > > > In article <BEC975B3-0F58-444C-A172-0CD216D84268@microsoft.com>, Robert wrote:
> > > > > "Michael" ??:
> > > > > 
> > > > > > "Robert" <Robert@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> > > > > > news:C377EEFD-B439-4292-9870-05F8520D7E5C@microsoft.com...
> > > > > > > This is my file:
> > > > > > > http://homepage.ice.cycu.edu.tw/~s9627255/files/FinalProject.doc
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > I can't open it to second page using word 2003.
> > > > > > > When scroll to second page, word 2003 no response and cpu is busy.
> > > > > > 
> > > > > > No problem here.  I can open all 5 pages.  Is there a reason why they're in 
> > > > > > Chinese?
> > > > > > -- 
> > > > > 
> > > > > I don't understand "Is there a reason why they're in Chinese?"
> > > > > Is the problem word 2003 Chinese version ?  or Chinese words ?
> > > > > Do you use word 2003 to open it and can open all 5 pages ?
> > > > 
> > > > I think the answer to the question is probably:  
> > > > 
> > > > "Yes.  The reason it's in Chinese is that I wrote it in Chinese."
> > > > 
> > > > Given the Taiwan-based URL, that's fairly obvious.
> > > > 
> > > > I was able to open it in Word 2003 and view all five pages.
> > > > 
> > > > .
> > > 
> > > So... maybe it's word 2003 Chinese version problem... (sad)  even I still 
> > > don't know what's problem...
> > > 
> > > I open it using a whole new install computer... the office word 2003 still 
> > > can't open it...
> > 
> > When you say "can't open it", what exactly happens?  Do you get error messages?  
> > Does Word crash?  Or do you mean the same problem as you described above ... it 
> > won't scroll to the second page?
> > 
> > There's a drawing on the second page.  Do you know where it came from?  Perhaps it's 
> > the problem.  
> > 
> It has not any error messages. Word just halt there, and cpu is very busy. 
> It won't stop, and can't load out the second page and after...
> 
> It's my paper file... I don't know what happent with it in.

I don't either, but as I said, it opens ok here.  

If you'd like to supply an email address, perhaps someone will open your file, remove the 
drawing on the second page, then save it and send it to you.  That might help.




0
Steve
2/11/2010 6:35:33 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Exchange 2003 + Out 2K3 with connector Pop 3
I have one server windows 2003 with exchange 2003. I have xx pc with windows Xp pro and Outlook 2003. When i send a mail i choose when account send my mail, if a mail for toto@wanadoo.fr i use a pop account, and if i send a mail for user exchange i choose exchange account. But i have a problem when i send a mail with email address and exchange account, i choose a pop account for send mail, but a exchange account does not receive this mails. And when i have choose a exchange account for send this mail, the mails cannot send whis this account. what solution ?? Thank you GARREC Yann ygar...

Access Help file
I'm going through a "tutorial" in Access 07 help called "Make a Query Ask for Input" Down about 3/4 to the bottom in a section called "Create a Macro Group that Controls the Form", step #12 it calls for me to create a macro named ok and set the action cell to "SetValue". I have no SetValue in the action cell. Just SetProperty SetTempVar, ShowAllRecords etc... but no SetValue. Do I need to do something to get it in there or how should I proceed to get this to work? When you are in the design of the macro, go to the ribbon and click th...

Import vCard file to Outlook #3
I have Office 2007/Outlook on Vista. I want to import a vCard file of contacts which has been exported from jPilot on Linux. When I try it only imports the first contact, not the entire file of contacts. Questions: -Can Office 2007/Outlook on Vista import vCard version 3.0 format, or only the earlier version 2.1 format? (I can use either). -Can Office 2007/Outlook on Vista import a file of multiple vCards? Can it import a set of individual vCards in a folder? In any case, how do I get a bunch of vCards into Outlook? gus <gus_zernial@yahoo.com> wrote: > I have Office 2007/Outlook ...

Need help getting files from Exchange Server.
We have a computer that had an account on Outlook attached to a Microsoft exchange server. Apparently for the moment, this computer and the server are inextricably tied together. Outlook cannot even be started without logging into the server because information store or whatever is missing. How do you get the information out of the exchange server to wean the computer from it? tom <Spamblocker@ameritech.net> wrote: > We have a computer that had an account on Outlook > attached to a Microsoft exchange server. > > Apparently for the moment, this computer and the > se...

when i save a file that i have worked on, excel7 closes down work.
i have recently purchased office pro 2007. Excel 2007, when i save a filethat i have worked on, excel closes down and work is lost, done all updates, re installed from disc, please help i have lost 2 hours of work this moring that i need for a report a few questions: 1. what happens with save as? 2. what happens in safe mode? (hold shift key while starting excel) 3. do you have add-ins? 4. what operating system? x64? -- Gary Keramidas Excel 2003 "rob" <rob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0483F09B-3289-42B4-8849-0C0A61380B11@mic...

Just saved file, cannot be found. ?
Even Global search ? Win 7 ... Whatz up? if you saved it, it should be in the mru list? what version of excel are you using? -- Gary Keramidas Excel 2003 "Boswell" <Boswell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E9D6ED74-ABC5-469D-9572-2D8AE93F36CD@microsoft.com... > Even Global search ? > > Win 7 ... > > Whatz up? one other question, how did you open it, outlook email? if that's the case, search will never find it. it is probably here: C:\Users\Your user name\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Intern...

How to change .pst file location on hard drive(s)?
I want to move my .PST file c/w archives to a partition other than C:\. How can I do this with Win Live Mail? Thanks, John. "Machinist60" <e_john_wilson.no.spam.@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:hj5s5l$q8r$1@news.eternal-september.org... > I want to move my .PST file c/w archives to a partition other than C:\. > How can I do this with Win Live Mail? > > Thanks, John. I didn't realize WLM utilized the .pst file. I had to convert my .pst file data into the Windows Mail format and then import the data into WLM. Please explain what you...

Exchange 2003 Content Filtering
Hi All, Is there a way, through Exchng 2003, to block e-mails that contain certain words like "viagra" etc. If so, where abouts do you do it? Any help appreciated TIA Mark Grab the IMF (intelligent message filter). http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=b1218d8c-e8b3-48fb-9208-6f75707870c2&DisplayLang=en "Mark Griffiths" <mark.griffiths687@ntlworld.com> wrote in message news:EtLIe.20643$Oe4.13040@newsfe3-gui.ntli.net... > Hi All, > Is there a way, through Exchng 2003, to block e-mails that contain > certain words like &quo...

outlook 2003 inbox format
How can I eliminate the "Today", "Yesterday", "Last Week", etc? I much prefer the look of Outlook 2000. Thank you View > Arrange By > Show in groups "Trng Administrator" <Trng Administrator@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:49639DAB-7738-4951-B6AC-6A35AD2862FD@microsoft.com... > How can I eliminate the "Today", "Yesterday", "Last Week", etc? I much > prefer the look of Outlook 2000. > > Thank you neo [mvp outlook] wrote: > View > Arrange By > Show in groups That...

Question on multiple NICs used by Exchange 2003
I have a requirement to bind four virtual SMTP servers to unique IP addresses. The server has four NICs and each IP address is uniquely bound to a virtual SMTP server. I used telnet to confirm that the appropriate virtual SMTP server responds to each assigned IP address. In case you are wondering why I did not use virtual IP addresses- Per Microsoft, the virtual IP address schema will not satisfy our requirement that the same IP address be used for sending (relaying) the e-mail that received it. Their recommendation was to have a NIC for each virtual SMTP server. The problem that I am ex...

Can't send e-mails from Outlook 2003 after SP1
After installing service pack SP1 for Office 2003, I can't send e-mails anymore. They are stuck in the outbox folder. The error message states that the connection to the server was interrupted. I did not change any settings and checking them confirms that everything is as it should be. Did anyone else experience the same issue and how did you resolve it? Thanks for your help Matthias See if you can manually move those messages from your Outbox and then check all your settings again. "Mattliusa" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:cb7401c48a5...

How to search against XML files in the file system?
Putting the search textbox on the page is the easy part. What's preferred way to find terms in XML files located on the file system? Like finding stuff saved in XML files some of the blogs use these days to store their blog items? There can be lots and lots and lots of XML files on the file system to search. -- <%= Clinton Gallagher NET csgallagher AT metromilwaukee.com URL http://clintongallagher.metromilwaukee.com/ clintonG wrote: > Putting the search textbox on the page is the easy part. What's preferred > way to find terms in XML files located ...

Excel 2003 file freezes laptop
I took a laptop away from the office and tried to open a large spreadsheet on the local C: drive. Each time I tried the laptop froze and had to be rebooted. When I connected back to the LAN at work, and opened the same file on the local C: drive I had no problems. What could cause this? If there is any corruption is there a way to decompile or something as you would in Access? Thanks, Mich ...

Recovery excel file
Anybody knows if there is any free tools to recover a advanced excel file (using macro, graphics, formulas, and several formats)???????? Tks, Marcelo Rayol ...

Open 2003 files with 2007
Hello all, I just upgraded my Office 2003 with Office 2007 on an EP Pro machine. The only snaffoo I find(so far..) is with Excel 2007. When I double-click on an Excel 2003 file, Excel 2007 starts up just fine, BUT my file is not displayed. At that point if I click the Restore button up at top-right, the file appears when Excel is restored up or down, then all is well. Anyone have any idea whats up with that and how to fix it??? Thanks John Lots of people have complained that when they doubleclick on a file in windows explorer, that the workbook doesn't seem to show up in xl20...

copy rows to another file
Dear Experts I have following code,i need to copy desirde rows to new file (r.xls) on sheet 1. This code is able to copy desired rows from active sheet to sheet2(same file) based on values in column G. Would you please guide me? regards Sub Marine() Dim arrParts() As String Dim MyRange As Range, CopyRange As Range Dim LastRow As Long LastRow = Cells(Cells.Rows.Count, "G").End(xlUp).Row Set MyRange = Range("G1:G" & LastRow) response = InputBox("Enter rows to copy in the format nnn,nnn,nn") arrParts = Split(response, ",") For Each ...

Outlook 2003 #217
When my hard disk (W2K) crashed I had saved my .pst file on another partition. When I re-installed Outlook 2003, applied the SP1a patch, and setup me email, etc. I know have 3 choices of contracts to choose from, from the dropdown box. The first 2 give an error, when I type in a name to send an email to, where as the 3rd choice (and they are all named contacts), allows me to see my list of contact email addresses. How can I correct this? I would like to clean this up by just having one Contact choice, whereas the list of my contacts would appear when I choose send mail to option. ...

Appending XML to an existing XML file
Hey all, I've read a few articles about speed and XML processing - so I just want to make sure that I'm using the right strategy for what I want to achieve. I have an XML file that I'm appending to every time a user submits their information. Right now I'm using XMLDocument (Load and Save) in conjuncture with XmlElement objects. Is this the right approach or is there a faster approach? Thanks, Novice PS Here is a simplified version of what I'm doing: XmlDocument xdoc = new XmlDocument(); xdoc.Load("results.xml"); XmlNode node = xdoc.SelectSingleNode("...

How do I export .dba calendar files from a Palm Treo to Outlook?
Chapura won't do it. Something about a problem with calendar files. ...

OT: managing file fragmentation on external USB backup drive (SBS2003)
Just wondering how others are managing file fragmentation on their external USB backup drives (SBS 2003)? I have two WD 500GB drives that i rotate weekly (each backup is around 55GB currently) but periodically the server will "freeze" during a backup (fans on, but no response at all) and requires a hard reboot to get going again. The first time it did it, i had no idea what caused it, but on subsequent occurrences I narrowed it down to the external hard drive itself - after the reboot, simply trying to access the drive via Windows Explorer on the server caused the se...

File Naming for Picture Order
I want my photos within a folder to appear in a certain order and want them in numberical order; however, when I put them in numerical order and get past 9 (into 2 digit numbers) the order gets all whacky. bjackson wrote: > I want my photos within a folder to appear in a certain order and > want them in numberical order; however, when I put them in numerical > order and get past 9 (into 2 digit numbers) the order gets all whacky. ======================= Instead of... 1, 2, 3,.....10, 11, 12... Try this... 0001, 0002, 0003,.....0010, 0011, 0012 If you are batch renumbering the f...

Unattend configure Send/Receive Group / PRF file -Outlook XP
Hi, Have to rollout 4000 laptops with Offline Storage enabled. I want to automatically configure outlook to: - use OST file - Synchronize when logging on and off - Download and sync. the general address book I have made a PRF file (using CIW) that creates OST file...so far so good... But I can't unattend set the option to sync when logging on and off. It seems this setting is stored in an SRS file in the users profile!! Second item, default the first address book in the list is synchronised. Is there a way to auto configure Outlook XP to sync OST fiel when logging on and off, (ins...

How to get the handle of a Help file belonging to other process.
Hi all, In my application,I want to change the Index of a HTMLHELP file which belongs to a dialog running in other exe.In order to do this I need to find whether the Help file is open or not & get the handle of that to use HH_DISPLAY_INDEX .Is there any way to do this?? Note: I dont want to use FindWindow() as it is giving rise to some problems in my application.. Thanks in advance ...

Linked Table Manager Doesn't Work in Access 2003
I recently upgraded to Access 2003 and have found that the menu option: Tools/Database Utilities/Linked Table Manager no longer works correctly for re-linking my front end database to the backend. No tables show in the table list. If I click “Select All” and then fill in the path to the backend database I get the following error message: Method ‘List’ of object ‘IfieldListWnd’ failed. As a work around I have to delete all the table links from the front-end and then File/Get External Data/Link Tables. Is anybody else having this problem? Thanks in advance for your help. "...

Outlook 2003 #208
While in Outlook 2003, I would like my auto select use my contact list as a default address book. My goal is to use the auto complete (auto suggest) when typing in address's etc. I have the auto select checked in the preferences although nothing comes up or auto fills the name and email etc. Thanks. TEC <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > While in Outlook 2003, I would like my auto select use my > contact list as a default address book. My goal is to use > the auto complete (auto suggest) when typing in > address's etc. I have the auto select c...