Microsoft Office OneNote should provide Smart art.

Microsoft Office OneNote should provide Smart Art.
It would make note taking much easier.
I do not want to go back to Excel for Smart Art.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=26a8cfba-ecbe-40b1-b7a2-805cce182cbd&dg=microsoft.public.office.misc

Freehand is so much easier with practice.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

ALWAYS post your Outlook version.

After furious head scratching, ramiabaz asked:

| Microsoft Office OneNote should provide Smart Art.
| It would make note taking much easier.
| I do not want to go back to Excel for Smart Art.
|

| ----------------
| This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the
| suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click
| the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the
| button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft
| Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=26a8cfba-ecbe-40b1-b7a2-805cce182cbd&dg=microsoft.public.office.misc

0
Milly

Microsoft Publisher 2004
How do I resize a picture and retain its original dimensions? This was not a problem with Publisher 2000 Should this read "retain its original" aspect ratio? If so, doesn't resizing do this when selecting the corners of the image? (I'm a 2000 user). -- Don Vancouver, USA "Richard Llewellyn" <Richard Llewellyn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4095415D-5360-4DEA-993B-7A2EFE8C1ADE@microsoft.com... > How do I resize a picture and retain its original dimensions? > This was not a problem with Publisher 2000 Right-click the image, c...

mai id enriper3@microsoft.com
se potete scrvete in italiano grazie "gigila cremeria" <enriper2@microsoft.com> wrote in message news:%23hwBXIwmKHA.2160@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > se potete scrvete in italiano grazie ...

How do I extend the Microsoft letterhead into multiple pages?
I downloaded a template for letterhead, but I don't know how to extend it in a document so that it can be more than one page? Put the letterhead on the background (Master Page). -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "aliyahnow" <aliyahnow@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:57816952-2BDC-4A60-9BDB-FDD9E7AF0675@microsoft.com... >I downloaded a template for letterhead, but I don't know how to extend it in > a document so that it can be more than one page? ...

which chart/smart art to use to show this data in power point 2007
Data: CHC is referral unit for 4 PHC's.PHC is a referral unit for 6 sub centres.There is one sub-cenre for every four villages... There are total of 175 CHC's and 1500 PHC's . Sounds like an org chart to me. But that's a lot of info to try to put onto an org chart on one slide. You could span it over slides if it's important for the audience to really see all that info. Somehow I don't think it is, though. You need to decide what the point you're trying to make is. Maybe it would be better to show dots on a map and just say that one CHC refers to ...

Office student/teacher 2003
I have a laptop that locked up and had to run recovery on the machine. after installing Office stu/teach 2003 which was previously installed on the laptop, i cannot edit Word, Excel, Powerpoint or Outlook. I am getting a message "This modification is not allowed because the document is locked". Any sugestions? "mr k" <mr k@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F4BB90F2-8BAC-4562-94A4-A271B9C59492@microsoft.com... > I have a laptop that locked up and had to run recovery on the machine. > after > installing Office stu/teach 2003 whi...

Re: MICROSOFT MONEY 2005
I'm assuming you converted 2004 file to 2005. If this is so, money will generate a backup of 2004 before converting. Do a search for a file ext *.m1? or *.mn? <<Okay MVP's. I concede. Like John Kerry, I admit defeat. I should have backed up the Money 2004. I should have backed up my data. Still, does anyone have a fix to this problem? I guess it's happening to hundreds of people. Anyone hear an answer yet? ...

Outlook
Pictures in e-mails cannot be viewed. I receive a little box with and X in it or an empty space. What is causing this problem and how can I alleviate it? Thanks. ...

publisher xp with office 2003
How can I install the publisher that is on my office xp pro with my office 2003. it seems to have a problem running either one of the programs after it is installed. I had to delete it and reinstall my office 2003. Thanks for your help. Did you buy the Office XP separately or was it preinstalled on a different computer than your Office 2003? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "skycam" <skycam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:53E5AC4A-4719-46A7-A5EB-1785EB440C27@microsoft.com... > How can I install the publisher that is on my office xp pro w...

Using Themes in Other Office Programs
Reviewing the documentation that came with Theme Builder, it appears that the Theme fonts/colors/effects do NOT work in all of the Office programs only PPT, Word, Excel and Outlook (limited). I went looking for this information because a client of ours needs a Publisher template developed and since we had previously prepared multiple Themes for them, we didn't think it would be a problem to apply it to the Publisher template. Apparently we were wrong! This is frustrating. We also wanted to use Theme backgrounds in Outlook (for emails) but ran into issues with that a...

Sync Microsoft Money Reminders to Outlook
Is it possible to synchronize the Microsoft Money Reminders (current version) with Microsoft Outlook and have those reminders populate automatically? Thanks. In microsoft.public.money, Thorin wrote: >Is it possible to synchronize the Microsoft Money Reminders (current version) >with Microsoft Outlook and have those reminders populate automatically? No, Money does not have that ability. ...

eConnect: The Microsoft Distributed Transaction Coordinator (MS DTC) has cancelled the distributed transaction.
When I send one particular XML chunk (<GLTransactionType>) through to eConnect via eConnectMethods.eConnect_EntryPoint it complains with "The Microsoft Distributed Transaction Coordinator (MS DTC) has cancelled the distributed transaction." The timeouts on the client and server are both set to "0", which means no timeout. Importing the locally on the server via the same application works. The XML chunk is about 1000 lines long and can't be broken up into smaller fragments. Any suggestions? Server is Win2003 Server. Client is Windows XP SP2. GP 9. Thanks. ...

outlook 2003 wants office 2000 setup files
I am setting up a new user profile in Windows XP SP3. This is a shared machine so needs several profiles. Using Office 2000 with Outlook 2003. I was able to connect to our Exchange server with no trouble, but while retrieving messages, a dialog box looking for data1.msi from the office 2000 disk is coming up. If I cancel setup, it repeats 3 times before staying closed and repeats every time Outlook is opened. My predecessor did the install from a network folder that is no longer available (server crashed) and i have tried all the office cds available (3 versions) but each one tells me the...

Microsoft Publisher 2007 Brochure printing
Cannot apply background because a special paper is currently applied. To apply a background you must first remove the special paper from the publication. Ths is the message it is giving me and I can not figure how to do what it is asking of me. Any help would be great. Thank You Special paper is pre-printed paper you buy like that from the suppliers listed. Chose a different layout that doesn't use special paper and copy/paste your design element over to the new publication. -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Rob Giordano Microsoft MVP Expression Web "jbell" <jbell@discus...

cannot install update Office 2007

Can I use photos from Office for non-profit brochure/PSA?
my not-for-profit service agnecy needs to make a video PSA. can we use "clip art" photos? we arenot seeling anything--it is an awareness campaign. Read the EULA http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/tou.aspx Pay close attention to section 1.2 Basically if the images are not the primary value of your product, you don't sell the images as part of a collection or incorporate an image into your logo, you should be okay. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "web" <web@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote...

Still can't send to @microsoft.com or @hotmail.com
We are having trouble sending to @microsoft.com and @hotmail.com addresses. After 8 hours or so, I get an NDR that says this. I'm thinking it might be a reverse DNS issue, but not sure. I haven't noticed issues sending to anyone else yet, (I can send to and from my yahoo account perfectly). We are running Exchange 2003 on Win 2003 server. Recently we moved to a new Exchange server with a new IP address. I update our MX records to point to the new IP, and contacted our ISP about the reverse DNS last night but haven't heard back. Any thoughts? Thx! This is an automatically gen...

Analyze It with MS Office Excel Vs. DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet
I very much like the formatted excel file you get when you select "Analyze It with MS Office Excel. The formating you get using DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet kind of sucks! Does anyone know how to get the formating that the Tools, Office Links, Analyze It with Microsoft Excel gives you but using a VBA command? -- Thanks in advance! **John** You could go to a macro and use action "OutputTo", make the macro, save it, then do the "convert macro to VB" under the tools menu. "John" wrote: > I very much like the formatted excel file you get...

Office 2001 unable to see fileserver
Greets - A user has suddenly lost his ability to see the Mac OS X 10.2 server through Word 2001 v9.03 or PowerPoint 2001 -- I haven't checked Excel, but assume it's the same. Note that non-MS apps work fine. Essentially, when the user goes to open or save, he brings up the dialog and changes to his desktop, where the fileserver should show up. It does not. Further, he also has an alias to the fileserver on his desktop -- used to mount it -- and when double-clicked, the alias simply returns a file listing of the desktop. Any ideas? This is an iMac G3/400 running OS 9.1, fwiw. Ra...

Out Of Office #22
Wondering if the rules wizard would be the best and only way to set up a auto reply for a person whom is leaving the office for a week..Thanks in advance If you connect to an Exchange server, and it's configured to allow out of office autoreply to the Internet, just set up Out of Office in the person's mailbox in Outlook or OWA. If you don't connect to an Exchange server, there is no automatic out of office autoreply. You'd have to spoof it with rules, and note that this means leaving Outlook open, and connected to the internet, for the duration of your absence. See http:/...

microsoft installation error
When i try to install office 2004 for mac standard edition it tells me that some of the files in the "English Dictionary" cannot be read and so it never fully installs on my computer. I have used the auto installer but it cuts out half way through like its done but then won't allow anything to open and all i can find in the micoroft office folder is "microsoftoffice.bundle" or something to that extent.. can someone please help me figure out the installation process. thanks ...

Disappearing messages on Office XP Outlook #2
Is the user using a hide read message view? ? nntp://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.outlook/ One of my customers has a strange problem. Click on the message in the inbox and it pops up into the full frame BUT poof it goes away from the inbox. The same holds true if you print the message. The only way to insure it's continued presence is to save it to another folder such as My Documents. Anybody got any ideas? Reposted to include my email. Thanks in advance. Darrell [microsoft.public.outlook] ...

Microsoft Money / Money Magazine Rebate?
I purchased Money Deluxe a few months ago and I believe there was a rebate for Money Magazine in the box. The deal was, you could signup for a one-year subscription or send the coupon in for a $5 rebate. I opted for the rebate, which I never received. My memory is a little hazy on the details: was it Money Magazine? Was it a $5 rebate and has anyone received it? when you send rebates you should keep copies of all stuff involved. there are websites - phone - addresses to contact in case of not getting the rebate. being a "little hazy" will not get the rebate. also it takes 8-...

Cannot acess web links from Office applications
I have Office 2003 with Windows XP. I recently started a new job and temporarily brought in my own computer while waiting for my employer to buy me a new one. The IT dept did something so that when I click on a link in Outlook, I get the message "This operation has been canceled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator." This is absurd because I can copy and paste these URLs into a browser and it goes to those sites without complaint. Whatever they did also prevents links in Word from going to a bookmark in the same document. This is ...

how do I stop zoom on mouse scroll in EXCELL office 07?
I used to be able to use the middle "scroll" on my mouse in EXCEL to page down, but now it only zooms! in our out.... I want to page down in the new Office 07. how do I stop it? Go to your Options - General tab and deselect Zoom on roll with IntelliMouse. "MOUSE" wrote: > I used to be able to use the middle "scroll" on my mouse in EXCEL to page > down, but now it only zooms! in our out.... I want to page down in the new > Office 07. how do I stop it? ...

Update
What is Happening? This message is to inform you that Microsoft will soon begin discontinuing newsgroups and transitioning users to Microsoft forums. Why? As you may know, newsgroups have existed for many years now; however, the traffic in the Microsoft newsgroups has been steadily decreasing for the past several years while customers and participants are increasingly finding solutions in the forums on Microsoft properties and third party sites. This move will unify the customer experience, centralize content, make it easier for active contributors to retain their influence, mitiga...