Microsoft Office OneNote should provide Smart art.

Microsoft Office OneNote should provide Smart Art.
It would make note taking much easier.
I do not want to go back to Excel for Smart Art.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=26a8cfba-ecbe-40b1-b7a2-805cce182cbd&dg=microsoft.public.office.misc

Freehand is so much easier with practice.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

ALWAYS post your Outlook version.

After furious head scratching, ramiabaz asked:

| Microsoft Office OneNote should provide Smart Art.
| It would make note taking much easier.
| I do not want to go back to Excel for Smart Art.
|

| ----------------
| This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the
| suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click
| the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the
| button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft
| Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=26a8cfba-ecbe-40b1-b7a2-805cce182cbd&dg=microsoft.public.office.misc

0
Milly

Microsoft Outlook rules problem.
I have spent the last 10 minutes using http://groups.google.co.uk to find a solution to my problem. Im surprised its never been discussed before. I am a home user with Outlook 2002. I have it configured to connect to my Demon POP3 mail server (Demon being a major ISP in the UK) I have a handful of rules set up to organise my incoming email automatically into various folders based on simple criteria. However, I do not have my computer connected all the time. When I connect (I use Broadband), all my emails comed down together. It appears as though my rules can't keep up with a sur...

The connection to Microsoft Exchange is unavailable....
After doing a clean install of windows 7 and installing Office 2010, I attempted to configure Outlook for my work email by using a .prf file supplied by the company. Outlook fails to open, and I am presented with the error message "The connection to Microsoft Exchange is unavailable. Outlook must be online or connected to complete this action". I have noticed that several others have had a similar problem, but none of the solutions suggested have worked for me. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Office, deleting the mail account and rerunning the .prf file, ...

I just got office 2007 help!
After downloading both steps on MS site. I was upgraded for each utility.....ie excel word etc. except outlook it still remains 2003 why? Everything else went to 2007 "Rob" <Rob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9C6D0578-01E5-4E49-BCC1-A1B2B3A1AD69@microsoft.com... > After downloading both steps on MS site. I was upgraded for each > utility.....ie excel word etc. except outlook it still remains 2003 why? > Everything else went to 2007 You need to uninstall Outlook 2003 first...... Because you must first uninstall Outlook 2003 before you install ...

out of office assistant #69
Hi there, Can anyone help me? I came back from holiday today and when I opened my outlook I was asked to turn off my out of office assistant as normal. When I clicked yes it told me I no longer out of office assistant installed. Help!!!! Thanks Lynda "lyndamac" <lyndamccrum@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message news:1183382258.001116.218210@c77g2000hse.googlegroups.com... > I came back from holiday today and when I opened my outlook I was > asked to turn off my out of office assistant as normal. > > When I clicked yes it told me I no longer out of office assistant ...

Outlook 2003 Calendar *from* office *to* home
Hi, I have MS Outlook 2003 on a Win XP pro OS, synchronized to a corporate calendar via Oracle Connector, and I would like to do this (apparently) simple thing: Syncronize events FROM corporate calendar to my local calendar DO NOT Syncronize events FROM my local calendar to corporate calendar. In Outlook I just see a send/receive option, not just send and just receive separate option. Any hint is welcome Stefano ...

Office 2007 help tab not apprearing for Doamin users
Hi, I have installed Microsoft Office 2007 Help tab which is new feature for Word, excel and powerpoint in order make users easier to livgerage things on 2007. Am facing an issue with this: I have installed with admin account on a test machine with office 2007 SP2 installed with latest updates till April security updates. I can fine the help tab on all three apps when i login with admin account but could not find out when i log in with domain user account. Can any one help me in this regard???? -- Thanks, Karthik ...

How to delete .txt files from \Program+Files\Microsoft+SQL+Server\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\LOG
Hi All, We have SQL 2005 and would like to automate deletion of .txt files from \Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\LOG folder. We have Maintenance plan running which creates .txt files. Any suggestions/ideas? Thanks IA On Aug 12, 10:06=A0am, hayko98 <vardan.hakop...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi All, > We have SQL 2005 and would like to automate deletion of .txt files > from \Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\LOG folder. We > have Maintenance plan running which =A0creates .txt files. > Any suggestions/ideas? > > Thanks IA ...

To all microsoft.public.money readers
Note that news:microsoft.public.money is no longer carried on Microsoft servers. So you may get other people to maybe provide a solution if you post to http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/money/threads. You can also get some more useful information by reading there. Also, if you post there, other sites cannot skim this Usenet content and claim it as their own. Thank you so much for the reminder Dick. "Dick Watson" wrote in message news:wKydnQc_hb_RtFvRnZ2dnUVZ_vidnZ2d@earthlink.com... Note that news:microsoft.public.money is no longer carried on Microsoft servers. So ...

error 1706 running Office 2000 in Windows XP Home
Program is loaded. No problem starting in administrator log in. On a different user, starting Excel results in error 1706, but after clicking OK, Excel starts. What's the glitch? The information in the following MSKB article may help: OFF2000: Error Message: The Feature You Are Trying to Use Is on a Network Resource That Is Unavailable http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=224097 david wrote: > Program is loaded. No problem starting in administrator > log in. On a different user, starting Excel results in > error 1706, but after clicking OK, Excel starts. ...

Milo: What is microsoft.windowslive.translator.btn? Name too long
In "C:\Documents and Settings\[myname]\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows Live\Toolbar\Custom Buttons", there is a folder called microsoft.windowslive.translator.btn that is causing me to have trouble backing up my computer. I'm being told that that path or folder name is too long. At first I thought it was the path, but trying to copy microsoft.windowslive.translator.btn DIRECTLY into the MyDocuments folder caused the same error, so now I'm pretty sure that it’s the 36 characters in that folder name that is the problem. Sure enough, when I renamed a copy...

Out of the Office Reply/Rules
We would like to set the Out of Office rule to reply to every email that arrives even if it's from the same address multiple times. You have to have an Exchange server for Out-of-Office Assistant to be enabled. You could probably do something similar with an Outlook rule, but then you have to leave your machine on and checking mail the whole time. Probably just as well that you don't; any out-of-office autoresponder you set up is going to automatically reply to everybody who sends you a message, including the spammers. That's a good way to dramatically increase the amount of...

Free upgrade from office 204 to 2008
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) I bought Microsoft office 2004 for mac on 12/21/07 and there was a promotion that I could upgrade this one to 2008 when this one was out. It is out already but I have not got my upgrade yet. I cal mac store and they told me that there is a upgrade download in windows web side but I do not find it. "dapol0525@officeformac.com" wrote: > I bought Microsoft office 2004 for mac on 12/21/07 and there was a promotion > that I could upgrade this one to 2008 when this one was out. It is out already > but I have not got my upg...

I cannot find the key to activate my Office trial!!
A 60 days trial version was installed on my Asus computer. I didn't have to download anything, and therefore I haven't registered my mail address either. How can I get the trial key? Is there an Activation Assistant shortcut on your desktop? PS registration is optional, nothing to do with activation "Mads" <Mads@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BA04C732-AF3A-4AC5-B817-45405E9A37E3@microsoft.com... >A 60 days trial version was installed on my Asus computer. I didn't have to > download anything, and therefore I haven't registere...

HELP -- XP Address Book: No Microsoft Solution Listed
What is the plain and step-by-step simple solution for this very annoying error: "A new entry could not be added. You must have a personal address book (PAB) to create an entry. Add a PAB to your profile using the E-mail accounts command on the Tools Menu." It doesn't allow me to create one!!! Even when I do this: right click on my contacts folder, click on 'Properties', then 'Outlook address book' tab. The option 'show this folder as an email address book' is blanked out and not available for me to check or uncheck. HELP You first. What is it t...

office xp application
We are printing labels from a table. However, we have a field with info separated with comma's. Would like to search for the appropriate info & transform it to different text. Suggestions for office xp or perhaps there is something in office 2007 & we could upgrade. TIA -- _______________________________ In Christ's matchless name ted & colleen n6trf kc6rue Can you provide us with some examples of the data and what you want to do with the data? -- Ken Snell <MS ACCESS MVP> "ted" <n6trf@arrl.net> wrote in message new...

Distributing my macro to everyone in my office
Hi 1st post :) As the title states I have an excel macro I need to distribute to th rest of my office, I have tried to save the macro as an excel add-i but (then including it in the add ins loaded and restarting excel) When I open the add in I have no way of running the macros, do I hav to create an extra button on the toolbar as part of an automaticall run macro?? Or is there another way involving the default template for all users i the office? Or creating a new template? If anyone knows how to do this type of thing or has similar experienc I would appreciate any advice. Many thanks, C...

[ANN] Correcting files for double-click for Office 2008
Hi All, With Office 2008 SR1, Office applications refuse to open files with outdated Type code through a double-click or drag & drop. Several threads have been discussing the problem recently and I tried to come up with a solution for the people who are affected. As posted here: <http://www.cortig.net/wordpress/?p=175> I created two scripts that should help correct the problem and thanks to Steve Maser, I already corrected several issues with the early versions. The first one works through drag & drop. You can drag files or folders on it. It will scan the files and up...

Failure to lanch Excel of Office 97
I installed an English version of Office 97 sp2b in a Chinese Windows XP Pro. All components are working correctly except Excel. When I open Excel, the system asks me to close down due to error. The error message was incorrect signature: AppName: excel.exe, AppVer: 8.0.1.5618, ModName: vba332.dll,ModVer 3.0.0.7019, Offset: 000b66ff. I reinstalled several times without success. Actually, it worked correctly when I used it in my old computer running Chinese Windows ME. Can someone tell me the possible bugs and fixes Thanks, Ray ...

Why Office 2007 updates for office 2003?
We are running Office 2003 on one computer. The March update downloads from MS want me to take and install the following Office 2007 patches: Update for the 2007 Microsoft Office System (KB977724) Date last published: 3/9/2010 Security Update for the 2007 Microsoft Office System (KB978380) Date last published: 3/9/2010 These are obviously for Office 2007. The information provided with the update makes no mention of working with or needed by Office 2003. But it keeps suggesting I install these 2 patches. Why? Should I install them? I do have MS Live Meeting 2007 inst...

Publisher 2000 word art
Publisher 2000 word art: I am trying to overlay a word art frame over a design so that the design shows in back of the word art. I right click in the word art frame then > Change Frame > Fill Color> No Fill. The fill color of the word art frame remains solid white - it won't clear. Is it possible to have no fill color in a word art frame? Does this article address your issue? The fill color, the fill pattern, or the line color of a WordArt or AutoShape object in an Office document does not change http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;833258 -- Mary Saue...

Microsoft Money 2003 and Pocket PC 2003 device
I am using Microsoft Money 2003 and Pocket PC 2003 device. I found that a. Money 2003 for pocket pc couldn't be installed on Pocket PC 2003 device b. Money 2004 for pocket pc couldn't recognize Money 2003 installation on my desktop computer. Could anyone suggest how I could sych. desktop's money info to my pocket pc? Thank you very much The following sometimes works: 1. With the PPC in the cradle and ActiveSync running, start the installation of Pocket Money for Money 2003 on the desktop. 2. Go through the normal install routine, following the prompts on the desktop machin...

Office XP with Outlook 2003
My company bought the Licenses for Outlook 2003 ONLY and when I installed it on top of office XP the "Use MS word 2003 as your email editor" is grayed out. Is there a way to make word 2002 be the mail editor? No, you need Word 2003 unfortunately. Personally, I think they should be bundled together (at least to a limited extent). "Keith A. Henderson" <keith@nospan.net> wrote in message news:uZ9tBSLsEHA.1400@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > My company bought the Licenses for Outlook 2003 ONLY and when I installed > it > on top of office XP the "Use MS word...

Outlook will not receive email after installing Office service pack 3
Good afternoon, Just installed the Office Service Pack #3. I receive the following message when I try to access my BellSouth DSL email account. "Sending & receiving error (0x8004210A): The operation timed out waiting for a response from receiving (POP) server." Can anyone help? Thanks, David Same problem, ever since installing SP2 my outlook is refusing to download my email from my server (doteasy) w/ the same message "Sending & receiving error (0x8004210A): >The operation timed out waiting for a response from >receiving (POP) server." WTF--what...

Get Help with Microsoft Office From Paid Experts!!\
Hi Everyone, My name is Richard Day. I have just launched my new Online Consulting Firm. My firm does something that has never been done before - Bring Computing Experts and customers together online, in a cost-effective one-on-one environment. The environment of the firm is based around a forum. The forum style allows users to browse the questions and answers of other members of the forums before you ask your own questions. Please Visit us at www.TheEnterKey.com. We currently offer expert help in the following fields: - WEB LANGUAGES (HTML & XHTML, Javascript, XML, CSS, Perl, PHP...

Another "out of Office" question
I have a user account that automatically forwards his mail to an outside domain. He setup his out of office reply via OWA, but exchange was not responding with the out of office message. It appears that once I turned off the forwarding, the out of office replys started working... Is this normal? Does this mean that every time he sets up Out of Office that I will have to go in and disable forwarding? And then remember to go back in and turn it back on? One other question: Can I setup someone's Out of Office reply for them, from the server, without having to log in as them? Sometimes I ...