microsoft office document imaging

What do I have to do to get a MODI file format (MDI or TIF) file to open in
Word.  I get an error message " An error was encountered while trying to send
text to word.  Please verify that Word is installed correctly"

Word is working fine and has done since day one.  This is the first time I
have tried to use MODI....

Using XP Pro SP3/Office 2003 SBE

--
BarryK

In article <91647C81-4A21-4C10-B508-81B2798C928D@microsoft.com>, BarryK wrote:
> What do I have to do to get a MODI file format (MDI or TIF) file to open in
> Word.  I get an error message " An error was encountered while trying to send
> text to word.  Please verify that Word is installed correctly"
>
> Word is working fine and has done since day one.  This is the first time I
> have tried to use MODI....
>
> Using XP Pro SP3/Office 2003 SBE

They're graphics files; you don't open them in Word, you insert them as
pictures.

Insert, Picture from file, choose your TIFF.

0
Steve

How to program a new application that shows office look and feel.
Hello, I am about to implement an application on my new project and considering that I would make the application "office look and feel". Is there anyone who know how to do it or where to buy a third party product for it. Thank you, Bigbird. Which version of Office? Check out http://www.codejock.com they are the most economical ones around. AliR. "Back 9" <Back9@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0D75B289-9301-4A9B-B552-C367E72D2FB9@microsoft.com... > Hello, > > I am about to implement an application on my new project and considering >...

Error: "Unable to open your default e-mail folders. The microsoft exchange server is unavailable"
Hi: I have a user on our exchange 2003 sp1 system who is receiving the above error when trying to connect to his mailbox. He is able to connect in OWA. I gave myself rights on his mailbox and set up a new profile on my machine (xp, office 2003) and connected fine. I then logged in as his account on my machine, set up a profile and tried to open outlook and received the error above. Any ideas. Not seeing this exact error on the microsoft site or google groups. ...

installing all clipart to hard drive in Office Professional
I want to install the whold clip art gallery to the hard drive. When it was installed some of the clip art is accessible with out putting in the orginal cd but I would prefer to have all of it on the hard drive. Which version of Publisher are you using? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "ggr" <ggr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EBF70A74-DF7F-431B-A2D8-BF4825F6CB9A@microsoft.com... >I want to install the whold clip art gallery to the hard drive. When it >was > installed some of the clip art is accessible with out putting in the >...

Installing Office 07 on Vista (Problem Encountered)
My previous version of office corrupted and won't run, now when I try to install a new version to the same location it fails. I cannot uninstall the older version because it is corrupt - I was wondering if there is a walk-through for a manual uninstall or some support I don't have to pay $40 for. "Karl Neumann" <Karl Neumann@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E653F052-BEA5-419D-AF5C-047A2D6FFF21@microsoft.com... > My previous version of office corrupted and won't run, now when I try to > install a new version to the same location i...

Problem registering Office:mac 2008

Goofed up my Office v.X installation
Oh, man. This is a bit long but I'd sure appreciate some guidance. I've just completed the switch from OS9 to Panther (woohoo!) and as a part of that I decided to switch my Office:Mac 2001 to Office v.X. But I used my husband's CD of Office v.X to install and now, because we are on a home ethernet DSL network, we get a "this program is already in use" kind of message when we both try to use Office at the same time. Rats. �Is there some kind of switch I can flip to make the computers standalone as far as Office v.X is concerned but still let us use the DSL ethernet netwo...

Image Height and Width
Is it possible to know an image's height and width in pixel's before importing it into a picture control? This code will give the height and width in twips after it has been brought in, and resize the control. I'd really like to know the height and width in pixel's before I take any other action. Function GetNewPicture(frm As Form) Dim ctlImage As Control Set ctlImage = frm!image1 ctlImage.Picture = InputBox("Enter path and " _ & "file name for new bitmap") Dim intHeight, intWidth As Integer intHeight = ctlImage.ImageHeigh...

Ads in Microsoft Money
The advertising in Microsoft Money is really getting on my nerves. I clicked on the Taxes tab in Money 07 the other day, and an ad for Jessica Alba's new movie appeared in a box on the Taxes page. I click on items that I think will be planning tools and instead, a browser pops up with content from the MSN Money website. I really don't understand why Microsoft would think they need to generate income through advertising, especially with the unrelated ads in personal finance software. This bugs me so much that I decided to blog about it, and I don't usually use my blog to vent fr...

Sharing a document
Using Office 2007, is there any way in which 2 (or more users) can share a document? By this I mean they both could have it open at the same time and make changes. ...

Open outlook express eml files with Office Outlook
How can I get my Microsoft Outlook e-mail software to open a Outlook Express .eml file save on a network. My objective is to be able to double click the .eml file or drag and drop it into my Microsoft Outlook application. Thank you, LS Lance <llscott@csicable.net> wrote: > How can I get my Microsoft Outlook e-mail software to > open a Outlook Express .eml file save on a network. My > objective is to be able to double click the .eml file or > drag and drop it into my Microsoft Outlook application. You have to open in with Outlook Express and then move it to Outlook fro...

Out of Office Assiatance issues
Hi all, One of our users (UserA) is having issues receiving an Out of Office confirmation email when he emails a particular user (UserB). For test purposes I emailed this users (UserB) and received the out of office response. The UserA is able to receive other emails and there is no mailbox size restriction in place. What else can be done to investigate and resolve this issue. Version of Outlook the user is using is Microsoft Outlook 2002 ( 10.2627.2625 ) no Service Pack. "Leon" <ap76_at_email.com> wrote in message news:eRH1U3JdEHA.1764@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hi a...

Clickable images on a dialog
Hi all, I'm trying to place a clickable image on a dialog but don't know where to start. The image is probably just going to be plain white (not necessarily loaded in, but created at run time and bitblt-ed into the dialog region). This image will have areas drawn (lines, cross-hatched shading etc.) on it depending on the user selecting a radio control, and the user will have the option of selecting one of the regions. The problem, as I have found out, is that, if you use the Picture control in Visual C++, ClassWizard doesn't allow you to specify a member variable associated with t...

Office Standard 2003, no more activations left by phone or online
I have used all of my activations, online and by phone. Am I out of luck and need to purchase a new key? Is there a way around this? If its a retail version you can install as often as you like providing you dont exceed the number of *working* PC's its licensed for. If an oem version its only licensed for the origonal PC "BettyBlue" <BettyBlue@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A099EC53-A617-4083-83F7-889AECFFAD01@microsoft.com... >I have used all of my activations, online and by phone. Am I out of luck >and > need to purchase a new...

Does Microsoft CRM 3.0 extend the Active Directory schema?
Q. Does Microsoft CRM 3.0 extend the Active Directory schema? No, the AD schema is not extended. It simply creates an add'l Organization Unit and some security groups under that OU. No changes that can't be simply undone... "Rifat Yavuz" <Rifat Yavuz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B5E9FBF3-D8B5-4735-AC87-494AA2B81599@microsoft.com... > Q. Does Microsoft CRM 3.0 extend the Active Directory schema? thanks Chris Rifat Yavuz "Chris Resch" wrote: > No, the AD schema is not extended. It simply creates an add'l Organization...

inserting documents
I have created a schedule in publisher and i want to insert into word so people can open it as an attachment because people are having trouble opening it through publisher. I had went into word and went to insert file and then tried to insert the document form publisher and it formatted all weird in like western language or something. can you please help? Save the schedule as a .jpg and insert that. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Shah" <Shah@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ne...

Outlook Express won't open and can't access newsgroups from Outlook Office 2003
I do not understand why newsgroups are not incorporated into Outlook 2003. Now when I can get "news" to be listed on the go menu of Outlook 2003, it opens outlook express for me, but my "news" button keeps vanishing and I can't add it back becuase it is not listed in the options under the Go category in the categorize menus area. :-( And I can't open Outlook Express by itself, when I click Express icon in start menu, 2003 opens. :-( Outlook has always opened OE for news reading. To get the News command back, go back to the Programs tab in Control Panel | Intern...

out of office to internet
We r using sbs2003. Out of office only works internally even I've enabled out of office responses for internet from System Manager. any idea is appreciated.. In ESM, under Global Settings/Internet Message Formats. kazi wrote: > We r using sbs2003. Out of office only works internally even I've enabled out > of office responses for internet from System Manager. > > any idea is appreciated.. -- Text from most Windows dialogs can be copied to clipboard with Ctrl-INS. Free productivity applications suit - www.openoffice.org Free Internet calling - www.skype.com Free SQ...

Microsoft Office 2000 Premium and Excel 2000
I have XP OS, and Microsoft Office 2000, not MS Office 2000 PREMIMIUM. However, I continue to receive a prompt to install the "PREMIUM" disc. Do you know of any place I can go to download "PREMIUM" without having to pay for the whole program as a new program? Actually, if I can download just the "PREMIUM" features for free or near free, I would do that. More immediate is the EXCEL problem. I have about 35 documents and spreadsheets in my Excel program. I just returned from a trip and hadn't had access to my computer for several weeks. All of my ...

Smart List Builder install documentation include on all workstati
In the documentation for Smart List Builder install it should include that it needs to be installed on all workstations that use the shared reports dictionary. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGro...

The Microsoft Community is a public forum where you can ask quest
The Microsoft Community is a public forum where you can ask quest Actually it is only a web based interface to the microsoft public newsgroups. Dessi Purnama Putra wrote: > The Microsoft Community is a public forum where you can ask quest Wow, you almost finished a sentence. "Dessi Purnama Putra" <Dessi Purnama Putra@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:17EFCDB1-9675-4413-BC27-6EC94D840DC6@microsoft.com... : The Microsoft Community is a public forum where you can ask quest ...

'Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Runtime Error! 2nd Request
I just upgraded my Dell PII 400 from W2000 SP4 to WXP SP1. I was having a lot of problems with Outlook XP crashing multiple times while in use, which was 1 reason for the upgrade, as Outlook is current, with all available updates having been applied. Under XP, when I start Outlook, 9 out of 10 times I get a message box entitled: 'Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library' with the text: 'Runtime Error! Program: C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office10\OUTLOOK.EXE abnormal program termination.' When I click OK, Outlook closes. The next time, it starts OK, but has to scan the Personal f...

How can I go to a specific page number in a large document
How do I go to a specific page number in a large word document. Read the replies to your earlier identical post -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> "yisaajao" <yisaajao@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CFC4289D-FC93-4C1B-951B-DB08CED833...

No Image
When I play any video file I'm no longer getting a picture, only sound irrespective of size or skin used. I can see where the picture would be playing within the Player as it's a different shade of black but that's it! I am running XP with service pack 2. ...

Microsoft Exchange Server Information Store
Hi, We're launching MS Outlook 2003 from a Java application. We've got it to work, but occasionally we get an error that boils down to the following- Microsoft Exchange Server Information Store - UNKNOWN_ERROR(80010106). Our application creates a new outlook email, with an attachment, a customized subject and message body, and launches a new mail window so that the user can edit or review the message before sending it. At this point, we do not have access to a java stack trace for further details, will get them soon. What exactly causes this error, and how can we work around it? I ...

Outlook is trying to retrieve data from the Microsoft Exchange Ser
Hi I keep getting a msg saying "Outlook is trying to retrieve data from the Microsoft Exchange" everytime i try and send a mail... the mail then gets stuck in my outbox. I still receive all email and this only happends over one particular broadband connection??? If i use dial up it works and if i go to some other broadband connection it works... any ideas? _VERITAS_ wrote: > Hi > I keep getting a msg saying "Outlook is trying to retrieve data from > the Microsoft Exchange" everytime i try and send a mail... the mail > then gets stuck in my outbox. I s...