microsoft office 2007 portable usb edition

Is there a legitimate office 2007 version that can run off a USB device that
I can purchase. I do development in Excel 2002 - but I now need to support
Excel 2007. My company is thinking of getting a second computer with Office
2007 on it - but I was wondering if I could use the same machine with a USB
version of Office.
Doing a quick Goggle search showed a lot of pirated versions available
(which I don't want) so I was curious if there was a official licensed
version I could get but I cannot seem to find any information on it which
leads me to believe it doesn't exist.

Thanks

No
Office has to be installed on the actual PC

"kman" <kman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there a legitimate office 2007 version that can run off a USB device
> that
> I can purchase. I do development in Excel 2002 - but I now need to support
> Excel 2007. My company is thinking of getting a second computer with
> Office
> 2007 on it - but I was wondering if I could use the same machine with a
> USB
> version of Office.
> Doing a quick Goggle search showed a lot of pirated versions available
> (which I don't want) so I was curious if there was a official licensed
> version I could get but I cannot seem to find any information on it which
> leads me to believe it doesn't exist.
>
> Thanks

0
DL
12/10/2009 3:37:29 PM
Ok
Thanks!

> Ok
> Thanks!
>
> "DL" wrote:
>
>> No
>> Office has to be installed on the actual PC
>>
>> "kman" <kman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Is there a legitimate office 2007 version that can run off a USB device
>> > that
>> > I can purchase. I do development in Excel 2002 - but I now need to
>> > support
>> > Excel 2007. My company is thinking of getting a second computer with
>> > Office
>> > 2007 on it - but I was wondering if I could use the same machine with a
>> > USB
>> > version of Office.
>> > Doing a quick Goggle search showed a lot of pirated versions available
>> > (which I don't want) so I was curious if there was a official licensed
>> > version I could get but I cannot seem to find any information on it
>> > which
>> > leads me to believe it doesn't exist.
>> >
>> > Thanks
>>

>> .

To continue DL's comments:  The installation program for Office installs
things into the computer's operating system registry so that even if the
program could be (and it can't because of it's design and safeguards)
installed onto a USB drive it would not be transportable between different
computers.

0
LVTravel

Accessing Windows Office Templates
There are some very nice templates at the Windows Office Template Gallery. I would like to download (mostly Word, but a few Excel) some of these templates, but the format comes out with a ".cab" extension that Office v.X doesn't understand. Is there any way to get these templates? Unfortunately, they make the Mac template archive look very weak. TIA Len Hi Len, Microsoft has a Mac template download page: http://www.microsoft.com/mac/resources/templates.aspx?pid=templates There's a link to the on-line gallery on that page. It looks like a newly re-designed gallery to m...

[ANN] Office 11.3.8 update

OWA. CA's. and Exchange 2007

Office 2007 forms

Outlook 2007 addresses
How can I find the list of addresses I have sent emails to? When you start a new email you can put a letter in the To line and list will come up. Where is that list? How can I print it out? Thanks Matt that is the autocomplete cache. You would need a utility to print it out. http://www.outlook-tips.net/archives/2004/20040621.htm http://www.slipstick.com/problems/nicknamecache.asp -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Out...

Using later version of microsoft access

Outlook 2007 Install gone wrong

office don't remember to Provide feedback with sound
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3346246767_13130669 Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit Has any body else have this problem? Every time I start an office 2008 application I have to mark the �provide feedback with sound� in the preferences again. Office apps mysteriously uncheck this option on their own. I remember this from 2004 and from X as well. Any one have any clue to why this is happening? Please Cc the answ...

Office installation and Windows 7

Microsoft Outlook 03-11-10
I have just got a message saying not installed for the current user and it will not load. But I've been using it for years. George George;131443 Wrote: > I have just got a message saying not installed for the current user and > it > will not load. But I've been using it for years. > > GeorgeGeorge, welcome to the forum. When you post (here or in any forum), you will get faster and less frustrating replies if you do a few standard things: - try to define the problem in the thread title. Since this is an Outlook forum, simply stating "Mic...

Check out that pack from the Microsoft Corp.
--llhgxblnry Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="broryxkaxlyu"; type="multipart/alternative" --broryxkaxlyu Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="sugmntysaz" --sugmntysaz Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Client this is the latest version of security update, the "September 2006, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to continue keeping your computer secure from these vulnerab...

Excel 2007 PC damages Mac Excel 2008 Files

Configure Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Outlook
While trying to configure Ms CRM for outlook throws an error message HTTP Status 401: Unauthorized.Can anyone put me out of this issue. ...

Install that important pack from the Microsoft Corp.
--xzkkhdmcbxymiaud Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="vaccmkjzdr"; type="multipart/alternative" --vaccmkjzdr Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="ggmepcujya" --ggmepcujya Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft User this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to help maintain the security of your computer from these vulnera...

Are Office XP fonts freeware?
I want to learn about copyright issue of "Office XP standart fonts" or any web address explains. Can i use one, in logo design? serdar wrote: > I want to learn about copyright issue of "Office XP standart fonts" or any > web address explains. Can i use one, in logo design? > > Why is this an Excel question? If you look at the fonts in the Windows fonts directory, usually c:\windows\fonts, you'll see that most of them are copyrighted. I suggest you do a Google or other search for freeware fonts. You should find some items that way. That said, yo...

Share Calender in Outlook 2007
In our organization, we have changed the the default data file path. This makes the "Share a Calender" option disappear. First of all, is there any anything to work around this? Secondly, if there is nothing that can be done in the above case, I tried sharing the calender by publishing it in Office Online. Apparently the calender is shared but when I sent it to my colleague's work e-mail address, he is unable to access it. It asks for authentication and cannot contact the web server when he enters his credentials. How to make this work? I don't want to go sharing my W...