List of Figures

I would like to have chapter numbers and page numbers in my table of
figures. Please note, I am not talking about the caption - I'm talking
about something that looks like this

Figure 1 My first figure..........3-1

currently my table of figures uses the style "Figure title" to pick up
what goes into the table.

I'm a little boggled by what happens when you go "edit field code". It
does not appear to show anything other than the dialog box for you to
create a new field code. Does it show the current field code anywhere?

regards,
Mark

--
uanmi
uanmi's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/154941.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

0
uanmi

Don't go "edit field code".  Just press Alt+F9 to toggle on/off display
of field codes in the document.  The TOF should automatically show 3-1
or whatever if you correctly set up page numbering with chapter numbers.
  But I suspect you instead manually typed the chapter number in front
of the page number field...

uanmi wrote:

> I would like to have chapter numbers and page numbers in my table of
> figures. Please note, I am not talking about the caption - I'm talking
> about something that looks like this
>
> Figure 1 My first figure..........3-1
>
> currently my table of figures uses the style "Figure title" to pick up
> what goes into the table.
>
> I'm a little boggled by what happens when you go "edit field code". It
> does not appear to show anything other than the dialog box for you to
> create a new field code. Does it show the current field code anywhere?
>
> regards,
> Mark

0
garfield

Exchange server on MAPS RSS list
My Exchange 2000 server is on blacklisted on RSS. Whenever I run a open relay test from any website other than RSS it shows my relay is closed. My question is why is it that RSS shows my server as an open relay and how do I correct this? You could be on a BL for a number of reasons. Some RBL owners are stricter than others. It does not mean they are right, but it is their database/server and they wield the power to decide what they will block you for and for how long. If you are willing to provide your MX info, we can help you find out if you are truly open relay or not. -- Sincerely, D�j...

i cant display field list in pivot table
i cant display the field chooser in pivot table What version of Excel are you using? Do you see the field list for other pivot tables? Cesar wrote: > i cant display the field chooser in pivot table -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

File Error: Using Sharepoint WSS lists in Excel 2003
Hi, I have a Windows Sharepoint Services 2007 list I export to Excel 2003 (SP3 11.8206.8202). Sharepoint creates an .iqy file and I open it in Excel. This creates a List range in the spreadsheet that is tied to the Sharepoint List (I make batch updates to the list, right-click and synch the list with the server, works fine). I save the workbook to my PC as .xls. When I open it later I get the error "File Error: Data May have been Lost", the list data is still there but the range is not i.e. the list range no longer has a blue border around it and I can no longer right-click a...

Make a formula
Is it possible with Excel 2000 to automatically make a list of all the formulas you are using in your spreadsheet to print them. Thanks...Steve -- Steven E ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Steven E.'s Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1512 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26758 This subroutine makes a new sheet (Formulas in Sheen N) in which all formulas are listed together with cell reference and value. Not mine-own but I have lost the reference to the author but I thank h...

Removing in column B when listed in Column A
Hi I have a list of text in column A aaaa bbbb ccccc dddd eeee ffff etc.... I also have a list in column B zzzz ccccc xxxx aaaa ffff gggg etc What I need to do is remove all the entries in colum a from column B In the example above I would have in column B left zzzz xxxx gggg Hope this makes sence and someone can help. Thanks Iai -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Iain, I assume your colums A en B are filled with values A1:A10 and B1:B10 Put in C1 the formula : If(ISNA(VLOOKUP(B1,$A$1:$A$10,1,0)),0,1) and copy down to C10. Copy and paste special / values column...

sharing sub directory contact lists
I have a problem where if a make a new contact list under the default conacts and share the list and give permissions for a user to access it, when the user tries to open the list using outlook, open another users data, I get a message saying the oject cannot be found. If I share the default contact list and try and access it it works fine. This is the same for inboxs as well does anyone know why this is and can I fix it? Jake In news:3D1F7F26-CD1A-4BAB-B9D1-501C9394E307@microsoft.com, Jake <Jake@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > I have a problem where if a make a new cont...

Selected items from List Box sent to Form Field
When items are selected from a list box (frm!List52), they currently populate another list box (frm!List56) but I would like the selections made to also update a field (T_assigned) on the form. Currently frm! List56 is populated with first name and last name data - Columns 1 and 2 - I am trying to get the selected ID_NUMs from Column 0 into the T_assigned field. Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated, thanks. ______________________________________________ Public Sub CopySelected(ByRef frm As Form) Dim ctlSource As Control Dim ctlDest As Control Dim strItems As String...

get list of used namespaces
Hi all, I load an xml file into XmlDocument object and would like to get a list of namespaces used in the file. How can I get a list of namespaces used in xml file? Thanks. helpful sql wrote: > I load an xml file into XmlDocument object and would like to get a list > of namespaces used in the file. How can I get a list of namespaces used in > xml file? XPath has a namespace axis for namespace nodes which are in scope for a given element node, here is an example using an XPath expression with SelectNodes to output all namespace nodes (those explictly given and th...

Offline Address List Fun
Hi All, Here's hoping some of you exchange gurus can help me troubleshoot a rather interesting problem. We have a couple of Outlook 2003 users who are having trouble with their Offline Address List in cache mode. Things are all good and dandy when they are not in cache mode but once they turn cache mode on they would not download the latest offline address list even if they are forced to. The server has the latest OAL since I am also running in Cache mode and I am able to get everybody's user info ( and I made sure I am using the local OAB files ). I deleted his local OABs but wh...

What's the deal with List View ignoring LVIF_STATE in OnLvnGetdispinfo Microsoft, please comment !
Hello all. I have whis wierd problem with list view ignoring LVIF_STATE in OnLvnGetdispinfo message handler. It is a custom drawn virtual list. When the list is initially displayed, I'm not getting any LVIF_STATE requests.for the items displayed, only when I scroll the list I start getting it, but list ignores it flat-out. Also, how come I'm not getting any OnLvnSetdispinfo messages? I've run into so many incosistencies when dealig with the virtual custom drawn list that's quickly becoming the nightmare. Here's the current bug list: 1. Keyboard selection bug: when ...

Removing Senders from the Blocked List 07-12-10
For months I have been unable to remove blocked senders. I have tried from Windows Live Mail and from the Windows Live Hotmail website. After a short while they reappear. If someone can tell me what I must do, or if this can be resolved remotely, I will be most appreciative. It is most frustrating and I have been unable to receive any assistance. PLEASE HELP! ...

Figures in data box and percentages in graph
Hi - I have a client for whom we have developed a report system. They now want an ammendment to some of the graphs which means that they want to be able to see the actual figures in the data box under the graph and the bars/lines in the body of the graph to be based on percentages. Does anyone have any ideas on this? Regards Andrew You need to fake the data table. Tushar Mehta has a discussion of data tables and alternatives on his web site, http://tushar-mehta.com. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://Pelti...

print list of all styles in document
I want to view/print a single list showing ALL of the styles being used in a Publisher document, so I can see the font names, sizes and other characteristics in order to help keep a consistent look and feel in the document. I can look at only one at a time and would have to either print the screen image or write it down to get the full list; one way wastes a lot of paper/toner, the other seems terribly inefficient. Is there an easy way? ...

View blocked senders list
I blocked a sender (don't recall the name) and would like to view the blocked sender list. How do I do that? When I click on ? in WLM for Help and click on "get help with mail" I get "We can't find that page" notification. Tools | Safety Options | Blocked Senders. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Panic" <wrong@cox.net> wrote in message news:i3q110$8jm$1@speranza.aioe.org... >I blocked a sender (don't recall the name) and would like to view the >blocked sender list. Ho...

Adding to a list of codes
Hi In Excel 2003 I have a spreadsheet listing a large number of cost centres. Each month I am given a list of the cost centres and expenditure against them, which I want to use a look up to populate in to a master spreadsheet. However, during the month new cost centres could have been created. What I would like to be able to do is run a macro against the monthly return and compare the codes contained in it to the codes already listed in the master sheet. If there are any new codes not already in the master sheet I would want them added to the existing list so that the mast...

removing store from store list from HQ
i need to remove a store from the list of stores in HQ - the stores have been closed for 2 years, and i would like to clean up the check stores feature at other store locations, have less to sort in reports, etc. i have already removed them from the store list in HQ Manager under stores, but they still show in reports and in check stores. is there a way to remove them from either or both? ...

OL2000 disabling inplace editing for contact lists and task lists, etc #3
hi Can someone please help me with this one: I manage a small SBS2000 instalation (20 users) running outlook 2000 with exchange 2000. Outlook 2000 has the annoying feature that whenever you click on an item in a task list or contact list and start typing, you modify the contens of the item (without noticing). This happens often in the company and has recently resulted in inadvertedly destructing critical information contained in public contacts and tasks folders. I would like to know if there is a way to disable this in place editing feature, making changes to items only possible if you doub...

RECENTLY USED FILE LIST #3
The RECENTLY USED FILE LIST is greyed out How to activate? Go to TOOLS / OPTIONS... If the 'Recently Used File List:' checkbox is uncheck, check it. HTH, Gary Brown "bvanepps" wrote: > The RECENTLY USED FILE LIST is greyed out How to activate? The box is not available, that is the problem. Thanks "Gary Brown" wrote: > Go to TOOLS / OPTIONS... > If the 'Recently Used File List:' checkbox is uncheck, check it. > HTH, > Gary Brown > > "bvanepps" wrote: > > > The RECENTLY USED FILE LIST is greyed out How to activ...

incorrect details in mailing list
hello, a user has phone number and other details in aduc. When i go to GAL and select this user, all his details show. As do mine. Then when i select a mailing list from the GAL. (in a parent domain) My name and the users names are there. All my details show up. The others users phone number, and everything else are missing. The only details that are there for him is his name. Now everyone will firstly say that this is a Syncing issue. This cannot be. This user has been at the company for many years. I havn't, and my details are correct and his arent. Any ideas what causes this?...

Can I have the right formula to list all my agencies under country
A B C A1 COUNTRY AGENCY RESULT FRANCE A2 FRANCE MAURITOURS W.S.TOURS A3 FRANCE MAURITOURS CONCORDE A4 FRANCE MAURITOURS MAURITOURS A5 FRANCE W.S.TOURS ETC A6 FRANCE W.S. TOURS A7 FRANCE CONCORDE A8 GERMANY KUONI Experiment with Data | Filter When you filer on say France, you can copy and paste the agencies to an...

Why Excel process is still there on Task Manager list
Hi all, My project is about pick up info from individual workbook, and merge the info into a new workbook. But in the end of code, even I set nothing to workbook and application object, but the Excel process is still there, but the way the open and close procedure is very slow, is there any way to expedite it? Dim SrcWrk As Workbook Dim DstWrk As Workbook Dim app As New Application DstWrk = app.Workbooks.Add() For Each File As String In Directory.GetFiles(Me.SrcDir, "*.xls", System.IO.SearchOption.AllDirectories) ...

Alert when consecutive numbers in a list exceed 5
Good morning I have thousands of records, and need to be alerted when, consecutive numbers (in a particular column) exceed 5. It has to be consecutive numbers (not sorted). eg data 1 data 1 data 8 data 8 data 8 data 8 data 8 data 8 In this case the number 8 exceeds 5. Would really appreciate help on this, as at the moment it is really time consuming. Thanking you in anticipation. Have you thought about using conditional formatting for this? Select the cells with the numbers you want to compare. Format -> Conditional Formatting Condition 1 -> For...

SPAM List
Hello, Looks like were placed on a block list as a result of a message that was sent out between 4:30pm and 5:00pm yesterday. I have asked around and all staff say that they have not sent out anything questionalble. We don't seem to have any virus' or risks detected by our corprate Antivirus solution. My question is, is there any way to use the tracking features in exchange to try and pinpoint who/what was sent out that triggered adding our IP address to the block list. Thanks For Exchange 2003, in case you have the Message Tracking feature enabled on the server that send...

Address labels list
Where do i start to look for making an address label list Will this list be used for Mail Merges? If so: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge/CreateADataSource.htm These are good places to get information. tj "sally" wrote: > Where do i start to look for making an address label list Good place to start AND finish! http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! ===============================...

Extracting Names & Info from an Outlook distribtuion list to Excel
I would like to export a distribution list from the Global Address list (Outlook 2002) to either an Excel file or a text file. Can this be done - and if so, how??? Thanks! Cynthia No. The closest you can come is to save it as a txt file. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Cynthia in Seattle" <Cynthia in Seattle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E6DBB5A6-FC5E-49D0-A0BF-0E311DFB2835@microsoft.com... > I would like to export a distribution list from the Global Address list > (Outlook 2002) to either an Excel file or a text file. Can this be done - > and...