List of Figures

I would like to have chapter numbers and page numbers in my table of
figures. Please note, I am not talking about the caption - I'm talking
about something that looks like this

Figure 1 My first figure..........3-1

currently my table of figures uses the style "Figure title" to pick up
what goes into the table.

I'm a little boggled by what happens when you go "edit field code". It
does not appear to show anything other than the dialog box for you to
create a new field code. Does it show the current field code anywhere?

regards,
Mark

--
uanmi
uanmi's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/154941.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

0
uanmi

Don't go "edit field code".  Just press Alt+F9 to toggle on/off display
of field codes in the document.  The TOF should automatically show 3-1
or whatever if you correctly set up page numbering with chapter numbers.
  But I suspect you instead manually typed the chapter number in front
of the page number field...

uanmi wrote:

> I would like to have chapter numbers and page numbers in my table of
> figures. Please note, I am not talking about the caption - I'm talking
> about something that looks like this
>
> Figure 1 My first figure..........3-1
>
> currently my table of figures uses the style "Figure title" to pick up
> what goes into the table.
>
> I'm a little boggled by what happens when you go "edit field code". It
> does not appear to show anything other than the dialog box for you to
> create a new field code. Does it show the current field code anywhere?
>
> regards,
> Mark

0
garfield

Distribution Lists #30
Hi All, Wasn't sure which would be the best group to post this in......... We seem to be having some issues with people viewing distribution list members. The members are not hidden and if I remove the persons permissions and reapply them it seems to rectify the problem for a little while. I don't know if it is coincidence or not but most of the people having a problem seem to be listed as the manager of the DL. I have looked and followed the article about setting the permissions in security rather than on the managed by option but this doesn't seem to make a difference. T...

problem with distribution list name
I have a distribution list named Service Electricians. I am unable to use this list as it always returns an error message - "an unexpected error has occurred". Someone else in my organization set up the exact same distribution list with the same name and it works fine. If I change the name of the list to say "Service Electricians1" it will work with no problems. Any ideas as to why one distribution list will work and the other will not? Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance DL's are very fragile and very unreliable. They never work for...

Get a listing of files with WMI
Hi, Can anyone point me to an example (in C#) of how to get a listing of files from a remote machine using WMI & C#? I have no problem using cross-domain log in and getting a list of processes from the machine, and I've found how to get a list of directories on the machine - I just can't seem to find how to get the files and file information from a specific directory on the machine. Really appreciate your help. CSharpWorker wrote: > Hi, > Can anyone point me to an example (in C#) of how to get a listing of files > from a remote machine using WMI & ...

drop down list 11-24-09
Hi How can I create a drop down list which is on a separate worksheet but in the same file? The name of the worksheet is Idaunits. And I want the drop down list on a separate worksheet named WCU Sept. Thanks 1I1A 1I1B 1I2 1I3 1I4 1I4A 1I4B 1I5 1I6 1I96 1I97 1I98 1L20 1L40 1L50 1Z2 1Z3 2I1 2I1A 2I1B 2I2 2I3 2I3B 2I4 2I4A 2I4B 2I5 2I6 2I96 2I97 2I98 2L20 2L40 2L50 2Z2 2Z3 Goto Insert - Name - Define. Select your range of cells with your list, and give it a name (MyRange). Click Add, Ok out. On your other worksheet, goto Data - Validation - Lis...

Drop down list not showing on one machine
I have a problem with a drop down list. The database is located on a server and each machine has the program loaded locally. All machines but one work fine when the user selects a simple drop down list, the one machine only shows a blank list when the user selects the list. I've looked at the references and everything seems fine there. I've tried reloading the program but still will not show anything in the list, I've tried changing the font thinking that maybe it was to large or small, tried opening the list box but nothing. All other users don't have this problem...

List of tables in SQL server database
Hi, How do I list all user tables in a SQL Server database? Once done I have to passon some commends also to all the listed tabled. I already have connection strings and also able to extract records as pe the criteria from one defined table but do not know how to loop thru the tables or table properties. Any pointers are appreciated. Regards, Madiya Try this Set oConn = CreateObject("ADODB.Connection") oConn.Open sConnString Set oCat = CreateObject("ADOX.Catalog") Set oCat.ActiveConnection = oConn iRow = 1 For Each tbl In o...

How do you block the view of emails sent to a distribution list
I just started using distibution lists, but I can't figure out how to hide from view the To: email addresses when I send an email to the list. the KB was not helpful. Thanks Send all email addresses bcc. >-----Original Message----- > >I just started using distibution lists, but I can't >figure out how to hide from view the To: email addresses >when I send an email to the list. the KB was not >helpful. >Thanks >. > Dah!. Why didn't I think of that. Thanks, Greg >-----Original Message----- >Send all email addresses bcc. > >>...

Can exch2003 distribution list be automatically expanded?
Hi there, For exch2003 & outlook2003, after user compose an email with selecting a dist list from address book, then click send button, how can I configure the system to automatically expand the dist list to a list of users? Well, this could be a strange question, but I really want to do that. Many thanks! This is an Outlook setting. I'd recommend against doing this. If you insist on it, when you add the DL to the To: line, you should notice a little + sign next to the DL. If you click on the + sign, Outlook will warn you that it will replace the DL with a list of members. ...

"Unknown error" in Site Collection List
I am upgrading a v2 to v3 site collection on a new W2K8 server. After running stsadm to upgrade & attach the content db shows 1 site. When I go to Site Collection List it says "Unknown Error" ... no site listed. Same for Site Collection Administrators. The site itself responds that I don't have credentials to access it. Anyone have an idea what might be happening? Thanks, Stephen ------=_NextPart_0001_869141E9 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi Stephan, How exactly are you doing upgrade, Inplace, gradual or content DB migr...

2005 Bug: The list is temporarily (always!) unavailable.
Problem Description: When I try to setup online services I always get this message, "The list is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later." Frequency of problem: Always Happens Operating system / version: Microsoft Windows XP Professional - 5.1.2600 Computer manufacturer and model: Dell Computer Corporation, Dimension 8200 Processor model and speed: I586IV, 1993 MHz Memory (RAM): 523.276 MB ...

Data Validation using List (But needs unique list in drop down lis
Hi all, In sheet 1, column A is my title name while column B is person name. Sheet 1 is my database where i do data entry in this. In sheet 2, contains my query page. In cell A5, i uses data validation - list, on this cell. Say in sheet 1 : column A column B XXXXXXX Mr A YYYYYYYY Mr A ZZZZZZZZ Mr A AAAAAAA Mr B WWWWW Mr C DDDDDDD Mr C But In sheet 2, cell A5, I saw in the drop down list as follows: Mr A Mr A Mr A Mr B Mr C Mr C But i want to see this in cell A5 instead (Unique name that is) : Mr A Mr B Mr C ...

How to assign a list of products to a customer
Hi, I am a new user in CRM and i need to know how is the best way to assign a list of products to a customer. Right now i have to create all the products that my company sells but i don't see how to assign them to the customers. Do i have to create a new table? Please somebody help me Thanks, Nathalia Nathalia, The products are used in the opportunity, quote, order and invoice entities. All of these entities have a customer assigned to them and a list of products, representing what to sell (the products) to which customer. You cannot assign products to accounts and contacts direc...

Changing font size in data validation drop-down lists
In Excel 2003, I created the value list on a separate worksheet and labled the range so I could use it in the data validation wizard on a different worksheet. The list is working fine; however, the font size in the drop-down list is too small to comfortably read. So far, I have tried: Making the font in the list larger. Formatting larger font size in the active cell with the drop-down button And, creating the list on the same worksheet. All three remedies have not increased the size of the font in the drop-down list. Suggestions are welcome. Great Optimism, Dutch Driver There is n...

Put figures in using information in previous record
Hi I have several records with "Opening" and "Closing". The Opening are always the closing from the previous record. Then those closing are the opening of the next record etc. Is there a way to automatically copy Closing from the first record into the Opening of the next record and so on? Thanks =?Utf-8?B?czQ=?= <s4@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:B0D3D7BF-7AF6-4312-9E8F-20BF03238A27@microsoft.com: > Hi > I have several records with "Opening" and "Closing". The > Opening are always the closing from the previous record. Then ...

How do I increase font size in a drop-down list in Excel?
How can I increase the size of the font in a drop-down list in Excel? If it's a data validation dropdown list, you can't change the font size. There are a couple of workarounds here: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal08.html#Font If it's a combobox from the Control toolbox, you can change the font size by switching to Design view, opening the Properties window, and changing the Font properties. If it's a combobox from the Forms toolbar, you can't change the font size. hdaniels_uwco wrote: > How can I increase the size of the font in a drop-down list in Excel...

How do i add many emails to a distribution list at one time?
Hi - I would like to be able to do this: 1. Copy all of the emails in an emal cc or bcc list. 2. Create a new distribution list 3. Copy all of the email into the distribution list in one step. how the heck do i do that? some of the emails are not folks i would have in my contacts... Thanks See http://www.slipstick.com/tutorials/create/dl.asp -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net ...

Outlook 2007 'Contacts' list font is too small
Cannot find out how to increase size. At the bottom right on the status bar is a slider that controls the zoom. Try sliding it to the right (or click the plus sign in the circle). -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook.html Author: The Lawyer's Guide to Microsoft Outlook 2007: http://tinyurl.com/ol4law-amazon "Peter" <lysdexic@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:uRhaafJJKHA.1380@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Cannot find out how to increase size. > __________ Information from ESET...

Junk Mail Filter Ignores Setting to Ignore Contact List Members
I find that the Outlook 2003 Junk Mail filter ignores my Safe Sender list in some cases. I have several lists and users that I get mail I want from but most mail from them go straight into the junk e-mail folder instead of being ignored by outlook as they should. Same applies to some people on my contact list, i've set the junk mail filter to ignore email from people on my contact list but it doesn't help. It appears that certain words and/or short messages triggers the junk mail filter but then it bypasses the "ignore people on my contact list" and "safe send...

Creating a filter for a list box
I want to create a filter for a list box that I can turn off and on using a check box on the same form. Currently, I am using a query to filter the list box. The query serves as the data source for the box. Is there a way I can create a filter and then turn it on and off using a check box? Thank you for your help. Best, John Use criteria in the query like this --- Like IIf([forms]![myform]![mycheck]=-1,"*" & "s" & "*") & "*" The above only select items that have an 's' if box is checked. -- KARL DEWEY Build a little - Test a lit...

window based authentication with members defined in a distribution list. 02-21-10
I want windows based authentication for a particular folder of my web pages. This page should be accessible to only some of the managers and some other roles. I don't want to allow or deny role and persons in web.config. Rather, is it possible that a distribution list created in active directory of the domain and linked with web config? The logins that are there in the distribution list will only be able to view the pages and others will get error.aspx page. In this way, the non-technical higher position persons will also be able to grant and deny access to other members. ...

how do I link a list of possible value to a scrollbar?

Pulldown List to open Workbook.
I have a supplier who updates his pricelist via several spreadsheets. I want to create an interface so that I may access the appropriate pricelist (workbook) by simply selecting the proper category from a pulldown menu (list). So basically, if I select "Piping" from the pulldown menu, it would open "Piping.xls" either within my main workbook or by itself. I have no macro experience so I was hoping I could do this without using them... is this possible? Opening a workbook from a dropdown box requires a macro. You could, however, create a list of links to your workbooks (...

Money 2004 crashes when requesting "account list"
I've been using Money for quite a while, and built a large file. I upgraded to 2004 when buying a new computer and imported the old file. When I request "Account List" from the button or the "Accounts & Bills" menu, the program declares an error and closes itself. The error message it transmit to Microsoft is "AppName: msmoney.exe AppVer: 12.0.0.613 ModName: mspfctl0.dll ModVer: 12.0.0.613 Offset: 0002f2a5" Another Money file I have (tracking a different set of accounts) does not have this problem. I have tried remove and reinstalling the progr...

List separators ; becoming \ (only in formulas in names) when opening file on another PC
Hi, I've got a worksheet for analysing data's to be shown in XY scatters graphs. I used Tushar Mehta's excellent add-in to keep the scale limits updated all the time. The problem is: it works perfectly on my PC and does not work on other PC in my company: The names used to define the values giving the scale(s) contain formulas in which the list separators ";" have been replaced by a (funny?) "\" (yes, backslash!!!). I've checked the regional settings, list separators,... They are the same on the two other PCs I checked. Can anybody help ??? Thks in advance ...

Outlook Web not displaying email list
I am running xp pro and IE 6.0. When I connect to outlook web, it displays my shortcuts down the left side but it does not display my email list. What would be the causes of this? Thanks. Greg what do you see in the email list? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Search for answers: http://groups.google.com Most recent posts to the Outlook newsgroups: http://groups.google.com/groups?as_ugroup=microsoft.public.outlook.*&num=30 &q...