Is Office 2003 compatible with Windows 7?

If so, is it possible to download Office 2003? I have an original CD with
product key, but no CD drive.

No
Buy an external cd/dvd drive
Install by copying the cd to memory stick
Or install via a network connection

And why buy a PC with which you have no idea as to how to install your
software?

"terryf103" <terryf103@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> If so, is it possible to download Office 2003? I have an original CD with
> product key, but no CD drive.

0
DL
1/3/2010 10:57:37 PM
You can go and buy a USB version of CD drive for $30.  You can't
download Office 2003 unless you have taken out a very expensive
subscription to MSDN.

terryf103 wrote:

>If so, is it possible to download Office 2003? I have an original CD with
>product key, but no CD drive.

0
ANONYMOUS
1/3/2010 11:00:52 PM

DL wrote:

>And why buy a PC with which you have no idea as to how to install your
>software?

Hey jobless Moron,

Netbooks don't have CD drives but you are not supposed to know this
because you don't work and you can't afford to buy one.

0
ANONYMOUS
1/3/2010 11:09:30 PM
stating the obvious

"ANONYMOUS" <ANONYMOUS@EXAMPLE.COM> wrote in message

> You can go and buy a USB version of CD drive for $30.  You can't download
> Office 2003 unless you have taken out a very expensive subscription to
> MSDN.
>

> terryf103 wrote:
>
>>If so, is it possible to download Office 2003? I have an original CD with
>>product key, but no CD drive.

0
DL
1/4/2010 12:05:43 AM
Looks like CD drives are being phased out, like 3.5" floppy drives. What
choice do consumers have?

My laptop came with Office 2007 pre-installed and just needs a product key
to activate it. So why can't I replace that with Office 2003 via download,
and activate it with my existing product key? MS should keep up with the
times! (OK, it's in MS's interest to get customers to pay again for a newer,
more bloated version - or lose customers to the free OpenOffice.org.)

What about my question in the subject line: Is Office 2003 compatible with
Windows 7?

"DL" wrote:

> No
> Buy an external cd/dvd drive
> Install by copying the cd to memory stick
> Or install via a network connection
>
> And why buy a PC with which you have no idea as to how to install your
> software?
>
> "terryf103" <terryf103@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > If so, is it possible to download Office 2003? I have an original CD with
> > product key, but no CD drive.
>

> .

CD/DVD drives are *not* being phased out.  You're probably experiencing the
downside of buying a cheap-assed netbook.  Real laptops still come with
CD/DVD drives.  You get what you pay for so stop crying!

--

"Don't pick a fight with an old man.

> Looks like CD drives are being phased out, like 3.5" floppy drives. What
> choice do consumers have?
>
> My laptop came with Office 2007 pre-installed and just needs a product key
> to activate it. So why can't I replace that with Office 2003 via download,
> and activate it with my existing product key? MS should keep up with the
> times! (OK, it's in MS's interest to get customers to pay again for a
> newer,
> more bloated version - or lose customers to the free OpenOffice.org.)
>
> What about my question in the subject line: Is Office 2003 compatible with
> Windows 7?
>

> "DL" wrote:
>
>> No
>> Buy an external cd/dvd drive
>> Install by copying the cd to memory stick
>> Or install via a network connection
>>
>> And why buy a PC with which you have no idea as to how to install your
>> software?
>>
>> "terryf103" <terryf103@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > If so, is it possible to download Office 2003? I have an original CD
>> > with
>> > product key, but no CD drive.
>>

>> .

0
Michael
1/5/2010 3:26:06 PM
"terryf103" <terryf103@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Looks like CD drives are being phased out, like 3.5" floppy drives. What
> choice do consumers have?
>
> My laptop came with Office 2007 pre-installed and just needs a product key
> to activate it. So why can't I replace that with Office 2003 via download,
> and activate it with my existing product key?

You can. All you need to do is to copy the Office 2003 CD to a thumbdrive.

> What about my question in the subject line: Is Office 2003 compatible with
> Windows 7?

Yes it is.

0
Gordon
1/5/2010 3:37:31 PM
In article <A0DEDBE5-EA77-4A16-8D7D-5471F83466AC@microsoft.com>, Terryf103
wrote:
> Looks like CD drives are being phased out, like 3.5" floppy drives.

Not that I've noticed, though more and more PCs come with combined DVD/CD
reader/writers.  But you've apparently bought a netbook; most of these don't
come with CD/DVD drives.  This saves weight and cost.

> What
> choice do consumers have?

As has been mentioned already: buy an external CD/DVD drive, or use another
computer to copy the contents of a CD/DVD to a USB drive/thumb drive, or use a
shared network drive if one's available.

> My laptop came with Office 2007 pre-installed and just needs a product key
> to activate it. So why can't I replace that with Office 2003 via download,
> and activate it with my existing product key?

Because Office 2003 isn't available for download (or even for purchase).  If
you have an Office CD and product key, use an external storage device to
install it as mentioned above.

> What about my question in the subject line: Is Office 2003 compatible with
> Windows 7?

Yes, it is.

> "DL" wrote:
>
> > No
> > Buy an external cd/dvd drive
> > Install by copying the cd to memory stick
> > Or install via a network connection
> >
> > And why buy a PC with which you have no idea as to how to install your
> > software?
> >
> > "terryf103" <terryf103@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > If so, is it possible to download Office 2003? I have an original CD with
> > > product key, but no CD drive.
> >

> > .

0
Steve

RDP incoming not working on Server 2003
I have a server running Server 2003 Standard which has been running just fine for some time but this week a new problem has arisen. I cannot establish an RDP session with it, no remote system on its subnet can even make an initial RDP connection at all. On the server itself, I can RDP out to any PC on the subnet with no problem. I've also looked all through the Event Logs and there are no errors at all that have anything to do with this or at the times I've tried to connect from a remote PC. I checked over and over to make sure Remote Connections are allowed in My ...

IE8 Will Not Open in Windows 7
I purchased a new PC shortly before Windows 7 was launched. I was able to purchase a disk from the PC manufacturer allowing me to upgrade when Windows 7 was released. I have an IE icon in the task bar but wheh I click it, the hour glass appears fro a few seconds and vanishes. I have scoured for information including open IE with no add ons, creating a new icon etc but nothing works and it will not open. Any ideas please. Does it open in no add-ons mode? See this link for steps you can take http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936213 -- -- "Brummie" <Brumm...

Distribution Files for MFC in VS .net 2003

Office Assistants
I have a custom Office Assistant (like Rocky, Clipit, etc - you know, the things everyone hates) that I'd like to use with my copy of Office X. It's written in a Windows .acs file. Is there any way to get it working in Office X, or am I just screwed? Thanks! In article <100201c4261c$00e42cf0$a301280a@phx.gbl>, "Scott Ward" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have a custom Office Assistant (like Rocky, Clipit, etc - you know, the > things everyone hates) that I'd like to use with my copy of Office X. > > It's written in...

MS Office 2008 home version with Pro for entourage
Hello and thanks for any help you can provide. I have MS Office 2008 Home & Student edition. I want to install only word, excel and powerpoint and then separately install Entourage 2008 Pro (as provided by my hosted exchange co.) in order to connect to my exchange server. I have done this before and remember some convoluted errors but it eventually worked. My latest attempt did not. Has there been a change to prevent this from working? ...

Exchange 2003 OWA #6
Exchange 2003 OWA I would appreciate if someone would be able to help me. When I'm trying to access Exchange 2003 Server via OWA, I'm getting error "The folder can't be displayed. You do not have permission to perform this action" We also running Microsoft ISA Server. Thanks ...

Exchange 5.5 to 2003 upgrade issue 3

An Outlook 2003 Problem

Sorting Attendee Lists in Outlook 2003
Is there any way to sort attendees by either name or attendee status in Outlook 2003? I don't know how Microsoft could be so oblivious to the need for this feature. You can't even click on the column headers to sort, let alone print out a list of people sorted by accept and decline. Microsoft's online help system recommends Alt + PrntScreen???? How archaic is that? Is there anyone out there that can help me??? Thanks! ...

copy does not work in word 2003

clip ART #7
i AM HAVING TROUBLE DOWNLOADING CLIP ART FROM OFF LINE WHEN i DOWN LOAD IT AND TRY TO OPEN IN IT'S ALL FILE NAMES AND NO PICTURES JUST WORDS HELP When you download from the ClipArt site the file is either .cil or .mpf depending on your version. Double-click the package and the images will automatically go into your Organizer/Gallery. You may have lost the association too, right-click the file, properties, opens with... change, point to your Organizer/Gallery. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/clipart/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/getting_started.htm "Janet Price" ...

Link and Embed in 2003
Using the Insert>Picture>From File comand we can use either the 'insert' or 'link to file' command to insert a picture. During our development we prefer to link pictures then when completed save the .ppt with all pictures embedded. 1. When pictures are in slides during design is it possible to tell if the picture is linked or embedded? 2. Is there a way to embed any/all linked pictures when the slide presentation is completed without going to each slide and reinserting the picture as 'insert' Cheers! -- Blumburg In article <07E6153F-5D...

Lexmark driver for Windows Vista??
does anyone know how to get a driver for my Vista program for a Lexmark X75 printrio? Any help appreciated? On Sun, 3 Jun 2007 15:07:39 -0500, "Kitty Stringfellow" <kikkimomjj@sbcglobal.net> wrote: > >does anyone know how to get a driver for my Vista program for a Lexmark X75 >printrio? >Any help appreciated? I'd suggest reposting your question in a newsgroup supporting Vista, or Lexmark. This newsgroup is for questions about designing relational database Queries in Microsoft Access. John W. Vinson [MVP] ...

cell selection gone crazy on Excel 2003

invoice for envelopes with windows
What invoice template can I use that will consistently place the name and mailing address on the invoice form so that it will always fit in the window of an standard #10 business envelope? There is no standard location for the window. I would suggest folding a piece of paper and measuring where the window is on the envelopes you use. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Mary" <Mary@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:68FC09EF-AA33-40D7-8472-1602F50D69BD@microsoft.com... > What invoi...

Install 2003 after 2007?
I had Office 2003 and upgraded to 2007, other than Outlook I didn't like it. I wanted to reinstall 2003 Excel & Word. Per instructions here I uninstalled 2007 except Outlook and upon attempting to reinstall 2003 I get the error message, "Business Contact Manager requires Outlook 2003, please install Outlook 2003 before running setup". Help please. Thanks in advance... Bob Answered in the other group post "Bob Newman" <bobnewman@cox.net> wrote in message news:jH5Xl.21061$IP7.4196@newsfe23.iad... >I had Office 2003 and upgraded to 2007, other tha...

Only new email window?
Is there a way that I could have a shortcut on my desktop that does not open the whole application, but rather ONLY open my new email window? I send out a lot of email, and I also have a lot of other apps running. Please let me know if that is possible. Thank you, Steve Steve F. <sf@flintind.com> wrote: > Is there a way that I could have a shortcut on my desktop that does > not open the whole application, but rather ONLY open my new email > window? I send out a lot of email, and I also have a lot of other > apps running. Create a shortcut whose target is: "%Pr...

Won't save office applications, appcrash
Help I cant save documents , excel etc in office 2007 on vista laptop. I have tried open office but this suffers the same problem. Also tried uninstalling and reinstalling office but no change. see below for word report, in excel the fault module was given as PROPSYS.dll Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: WINWORD.EXE Application Version: 12.0.4518.1014 Application Timestamp: 45428028 Fault Module Name: unknown Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0 Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000 Exception Code: c0000005 Exception Offset: 00000001 ...