Installing office second time due to crash on old pc

My original laptop crashed and now I am unable to install my office ultimate
due to the first activation on old pc.

Can someone help me on this.

"medeiom" <medeiom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My original laptop crashed and now I am unable to install my office
> ultimate
> due to the first activation on old pc.
>
> Can someone help me on this.

You don't make sense. What do you mean by "unable" to install?

0
Gordon
11/19/2009 2:21:43 PM
If your old laptop crashed and you are trying to re-install your Office and you
cannot activate ,then use the telephone activation method.
If the above is not the case ,then make yourself clear as what exactly is your issue

--
Peter

"medeiom" <medeiom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My original laptop crashed and now I am unable to install my office ultimate
> due to the first activation on old pc.
>
> Can someone help me on this.

0
Peter

Convert old PPT file
My company recently upgrade the office 2003 to office 2007. It works well for most of the users except one. He had thousands of old powerpoint slides which created around year 1996,1997. By using right click to check the file properties, it shows the the application name is 'Microsoft Powerpoint 4.0' .These file can be opened by powerpoint 2003 but can not being opened by powerpoint 2007. Does anyone have idea how I can bulk convert those files to powerpoint 2003 format? Thanks James Steve has a macro here http://www.pptfaq.com/FAQ00740.htm -- john ATSIGN PPTAl...

Viewing MDI files in Office 2008?
How do you view MDI files in Office 2008? I am a new Mac user so please simplify it for me! MDI files can only be viewed in Microsoft Office Document Imaging, and that application is not available on the Macintosh. On 18/02/08 4:18, in article ee8dd44.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "Mac_Newbie@officeformac.com" <Mac_Newbie@officeformac.com> wrote: > How do you view MDI files in Office 2008? I am a new Mac user so please > simplify it for me! -- Michel Bintener Microsoft MVP Office:mac (Entourage & Word) *** Please always reply to the newsgroup. *** Additional to...

Autoformat dates and times
Hi, I have a workbook with two columns. In the formula bar of one of the cells i have 2005040101700 (YearMonthDateHoursMinutes), but what shows in the cell is 2.00504E+11 When I try to format the cell as yyyymmddhhmm I get ########### and when I put the cursor over the cell with ############### it says that negative dates and times are shown this way. How can I make this work? Thanks. Allison Allison, I'm hoping that your actual value is different: 2005040101700 doesn't make sense: year 2005 month 04 day 01 hour 01 minutes 70 seconds 0 Perhaps it's really 200504010...

Office 2007 Connection to SBS 2003 via PPTP
We have an SBS 2003 server. We have a number of PCs running Office 2007. One of them is a notebook. When the notebook is in the office, Outlook connects to the server as expected. When we take the notebook out of the office and attempt to connect Outlook to the server thru PPTP, Outlook reports "Trying to connect to Microsoft Exchange" and never gets any futher. No timeouts. No failures. No nothing. Any ideas on how to solve this issue? Configure Outlook to connect over the internet using https/rpc. If you run the connect to the internet wizard and enable this it ...

Error installing CRM 3
Trying to install CRM on a development server that has just been rebuilt after disk failure and the install runs through until it attempts to grant permissions on the newly created databases. The CRM install is all on this machine i.e. webserver and sql server are the same box. The error message reads Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.GrantDatabaseAccessAction failed. Setup could not complete this action. This might be due to the fact that there are multiple Domain Controllers and they have not replicated nw Microsoft CRM information yet. If this is the case you have several options: ...

Need help storing all my emails before i redo my pc outlook 2003
i have microsoft outlook 2003 on windows xp i need to redo my pc but i dont want to loose my emails and contacts and I have too many things stored in files it'sjust too many things to move one by one thanks iris The file you need to back up is your Personal Folders file (*.pst) It's where all the mail, calendar, contacts etc are stored. Take a look at these pages for info on Outlook data backup: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "IrisR" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:a1b901c434bd$d94a3940$a...

Office X Upgrade
I have Office X installed on PowerBook G4 17". Entrouge says it is=20 version 10.1.4 but the rest of modules Word, Excel & Powerpoint say=20 their version is SR1. =20 Powerpoint does not display PowerPoint 97 documents properly and=20 Entrouge acts very funny with Exchange 5.5. e.g. I dont see the=20 Exchange address Book, I dont see some of Inbox folders but see some=20 others, I can not get my hotmail account details, my out mails go=20 through the outbox on my computer and I can not move them to the=20 Exchange outbox and many more. The whole thing is gone mad, or may be its me ...

SBS2008 RRAS service causes other servcies to crash
Would be VERY grateful if there is an expert eye that can be cast over my problem. I have an SBS2008 server which has been working fine for about 3 months. Just before christmas RRAS stopped So I manually started it and it stopped again. Then had a critical email notice saying all these services stopped The Application Experience service has been stopped. The Background Intelligent Transfer Service service has been stopped. The Network Policy Server service has been stopped. The IKE and AuthIP IPsec Keying Modules service has been stopped. The IP Helper service has been stoppe...

transferring macros from one PC to Another
Hi, I have some macros on one PC. The machine is very slow and I want to format it. But I want to transfer all my macros to a CD or another PC. Please help me in doing that. Tell me how can I do it. Thanks Much Suman Suman, to move to another computer you can export a macro and save it, to do this from your workbook, right-click the workbook's icon and pick View Code. This icon is to the left of the "File" menu this will open the VBA editor, click on the module you want to save and go to file and export file, then save it to a CD or what ever you backup to, then import it to the...

at times i have to reboot to start Outlook 2003, any help?
it would be appreciated Sounds like you have a 3rd party application or addin that isn't letting Outlook close properly. Try bringing up the task list (start > run > tasklist.exe > ok button) to see if Outlook is still running when it won't start. (check the processes tab) "skimmi" <skimmi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:42FAFCC7-55BC-45DB-B8D7-674FF9638B14@microsoft.com... > it would be appreciated Not sure if this helped or not? The problem did happen again and tried what you suggested but the screen only flashed up momentari...

Will my Office XP install on Windows 7?
I have Office XP. I need a new computer and need Outlook and Access on it. Will Office XP install on Windows 7? Yes it will, but Outlook will not retain account passwwords Office 2003 and later is fully compatible "glouces" <glouces@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8699F413-1E85-4CC3-BD05-856A8ECC578B@microsoft.com... >I have Office XP. I need a new computer and need Outlook and Access on it. > Will Office XP install on Windows 7? ...

choosing language in Office 2004
I want to use the Spanish dictionary to spell check documents, but can't get it to work. I have selected Spanish in the dictionary selection area of spell check, but it still uses English. <br><br>The Help instructions keep sending me to "Language" on the Tools menu, but "Language" isn't there. I have also installed Office on another computer I use, and there's no problem there, but on my new Mac Mini, I can't get the Language feature to show up. In article <ee89db2.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw>, nospamplez@officeformac.com wrote: > I ...

Time total
Hello All, I need some help with creating a query to sum a total time of a field. I have a table called client services and have a query which pulls: date of service, total time, and provider name. I would like to be able to create a query which will sum the total time field. I have look at other posts on here but am still confused. Also not sure what time set to use: minutes or hour/minute format. Thanks for your help, -Mark Mark, I assume that you want to total time across clients, do you want to do it for a specific period, (June 07) or just get the total time? To get the total ...

OFFICE 2003 OUTLOOK and ENTOURAGE
Who can help me How may I get back all my messages downloaded with Outlook 2003 on my PC to my new Mac with Entourage ?.... It seems just an awful battle ??... Thanks Patrice "Patrice LEFEBVRE" <patrice.lefebvre@bluewin.ch> wrote in message news:C812C86E.2AE%patrice.lefebvre@bluewin.ch... > Who can help me > > How may I get back all my messages downloaded with Outlook 2003 on my PC to > my new Mac with Entourage ?.... It seems just an awful battle ??... See if this helps: http://entourage.mvps.org/cross_platform/win_mac.html -- Brian Tillma...

Can't open Outlook (Office XP Pro)
When I try to open Outlook (Office XP Pro), I get the following error message: "Cannot start Microsoft Outlook. Errors have been detected in the file C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\Outlook.pst." Any ideas on how to fix this? Check out http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;181523 "Bob" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:01f401c39f84$1e104cb0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > When I try to open Outlook (Office XP Pro), I get the > following error message: "Can...

Old MS Mail 3.0 support
I am trying to find a way to support the old Microsoft mail postoffice. I have several cusotmers on small local LAn's using this with Outlook 97. If I convert/upgrade them to Office XP it continues to support the MS Mail Postoffice. However, a New install does not have this support. Anyone know how to get Office XP/2003 to support the old Microsoft Mail Postoffice? http://www.poremsky.com/msmail_xp.htm --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted witho...

Non-Plug&Play driver installation
Hello there, I have a device which is not plug-&-play, but more a virtual hardware. I can install it using the Device-Manager --> Add legacy hardware, but I want to install it programmatically, eg. the use of the function SetupCopyOEMInf for plug-&-play devices. can anybody help me with this? Thanks in advance KW Is it a root enumerated device? If so, devcon is a good start (source and binaries in the WDK), the "install" switch will create a new root enumerated device and register your INF: devcon install myinf.inf ROOT\MadeUpHardwareId -scot...

Brithdays & Anniversaries get recreated from time to time
Apparently Outlook occasionally (I guess at the begin of a year) recreates recurring appointments from the birthdays and anniversaries that it finds in my Contacts-entries. What's annying about this is, that for lots of birthdays I now have duplicates, i.e. TWO appointments. And what's desastrous is that all these new appointments have a reminder set at 12pm of that day. Thus, in the last couple of days repeatedly the alarm of my PDA has gone off to remind me of some friends birthday and woke up me and my wife at midnight (which each time caused some major quarrel and my PDA a...

microsoft date and time picker control #3
Is there a way to hide the DTPicker "Button" when printing an Excel page? You should be able to set the PrintObject Property option to False in the Properties Window for the object. PC "Don" <Don@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:576CACE2-BB4A-450A-A894-464E4095DCA3@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to hide the DTPicker "Button" when printing an Excel page? Thank you for the suggestion, but I want the date to be visible when printing, not the button. This works in InfoPath and other non Microsoft applications, please advise if yo...

Installation of Office 2004 on OS X 10.5 Leopard
I installed Office 2004 (and EndNote) after upgrading to Leopard 10.5 and something is amiss. Three (probably related) symptoms I observed: 1. After the install, when opening Word, I'm greeted with the prompt: "An unexpected error occurred while trying to load the Microsoft Framework library." 2. When trying to update Office 2004 via Microsoft AutoUpdate, the application recognizes any out-of-date versions, but then hangs and doesn't download anything (requires a force quit). Also hangs if running updates that were manually downloaded from Microsoft's website. (even o...

I can't install the 12.2.1 update on Snow Leopard
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Office 2008 12.2.1 Update can't be installed on this disk. A version of the software required to install this update was not found on this volume. I guarantee a legitimate copy of Office 2008 for Mac is on my iMac. Any suggestions? On 9/30/09 3:43 PM, in article 59b7d9fc.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "kpainte1@officeformac.com" <kpainte1@officeformac.com> wrote: > Office 2008 12.2.1 Update can't be installed on this disk. A version of the > software required to install this update was n...

uprgraded to 2007 ok but product key not accepted in office
Help please could it be that i downloaded AVG before putting product key into office I am having a similar problem... I have the product key but the system just keeps saying that it is not correct... It is for the full version of office 2007 and just began doing it out of the blue after I activated it online... "Carollee" wrote: > Help please could it be that i downloaded AVG before putting product key into > office What did you upgrade from? Did you "upgrade" from the trial version or did you upgrade from Office 2003 or any other previous versio...

Starting IE 6 prompts for publisher 2003 install
Whenever I start IE 6 I get prompted to configure and then install Microsoft Publisher 2003. It fails because the install cd is not available. Is there a way to stop IE from prompting for this while I figure this out, short of uninstalling publisher. I've tried 1- repairing the publisher install (fails because I don't have the cd) 2- making the ie default editor notepad 3- reseting IE to its defaults 4- using regmon to see if there is a key I can alter (results are overwhelming) Any ideas on how to sever this connection between the 2 apps IE 6 and publisher 2003? ...

Outlook for Office XP #2
I installed Office XP and when I click on Send/Receive I get an error message, "An object is missing". That's all. Outlook Express works fine, and there were no error messages on install. What am I missing? Have you tried Detect and Repair? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, GaryC asked: | I installed Office XP and when I click on Send/Receive I | get an error message...

Office 2003
Since a few days ago, I have started to receive the warning shown below every time I start Outlook. I have no idea where this comes from or how to resolve it Help Thanks "This file contains macros with an expired or revoked signature. Since you are running under high security level thse macros will be disabled" I found the answer. It is the macro security setting in MS Office. What I don't know is how it got changed from medium to high "Jim McColl" <jamccoll@sympatico.ca> wrote in message news:B749422D-D6DE-4938-AAB4-5FABE8A3C61E@microsoft.com... &g...