Installing Office 2000 Pro

I just bought a new computer with Windows 7.  I want to install my Office
2000, but it was purchased as an upgrade to an even older version.  I have
the registration code, but without a office piece already installed, it won't
install Office 2000.  How can i work around this since I really need this.
--
Fran

Fran wrote:
> I just bought a new computer with Windows 7.  I want to install my Office
> 2000, but it was purchased as an upgrade to an even older version.  I have
> the registration code, but without a office piece already installed, it won't
> install Office 2000.  How can i work around this since I really need this.

You either need to buy the latest version or Download a free version
from OpenOffice.org  Open Office is 100% compatible with Office 2000
because it is anew version while Office 2000 is 10 years old.

<http://www.openoffice.org/>

Alternatively, you could download Office 2007 trial version or Office
2010 Beta version both free of charge but time bombed to after sometime
you need to buy them:

Office 2007:
<http://trial.trymicrosoftoffice.com/trialukireland/default.aspx>

Office 2010:
<http://www.microsoft.com/office/2010/en/default.aspx>

If you consider yourself a newbie then PLEASE DON'T INSTALL OFFICE 2010.

Also, your new computer must have come with a trial version of Office
2007.  You could try to use that one for now.

HTH

0
LD55ZRA
4/2/2010 1:41:29 AM
You can't get around it. You need a qualifying product, period.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Fran" <Fran@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I just bought a new computer with Windows 7.  I want to install my Office
> 2000, but it was purchased as an upgrade to an even older version.  I have
> the registration code, but without a office piece already installed, it
> won't
> install Office 2000.  How can i work around this since I really need this.
> --
> Fran

0
JoAnn
4/2/2010 4:01:44 AM

Fran wrote:

> I just bought a new computer with Windows 7.  I want to install my Office
> 2000, but it was purchased as an upgrade to an even older version.  I have
> the registration code, but without a office piece already installed, it won't
> install Office 2000.  How can i work around this since I really need this.

Yes, aquire a qualifing software package.

0
Bob
4/2/2010 2:18:37 PM
Hi Fran,

Provided you've still got the first disc of the installation media for the previous Office version (eg Office 95, Office 4), that's
all you need. You don't have to install the older version. When Office 2000 tells you it can't find the previous qualifying version
you can simply insert that media an input into the dialogue box the required drive letter.

--
Cheers
macropod

"Fran" <Fran@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E67E5100-633E-4939-94A4-4F8B37AD666E@microsoft.com...
>I just bought a new computer with Windows 7.  I want to install my Office
> 2000, but it was purchased as an upgrade to an even older version.  I have
> the registration code, but without a office piece already installed, it won't
> install Office 2000.  How can i work around this since I really need this.
> --
> Fran

0
macropod

Outlook 2000 NEVER shuts down... any ideas?
I am running Outlook 2000 under Windows XP Pro. Each and every time I shut down Oulook it does not stop running in the background. I have to use the task manager to end the OUTLOOK.EXE program to get out of it. This happens every single time I use Oulook, which is every day. Does anyone have any ideas? I have updated with all the available updates. Thanks! ...

Outlook 2000 wont complete shutdown
When I close outlook 2000 the main screen closes and the dialog box comes up that outlook is shuting down, however the process never completes. When viewing in task manager it shows it as running. I have to end task to get it to close. Has anyone had this problem and found a solution? Often caused by; addins or another App eg fax interacting with OL However I've suffered frm this intermitantly for some time with none of the above David "junder" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0ae801c3bf2b$e5a30170$a501280a@phx.gbl... > When I close outlo...

Office 97 to 2003: Excel: enter data w/fixed 2 decimal. 2000. be.
When I enter number "2000." I get 20.00 - yes, set decimals at 2 but earlier excel would accept change if you entered decimal with number. this is slowing down a budget prep and I'd sure like some help - online and tutorials say "enter decimal" but this is not working. what am I doing wrong? Hi Confirmed, until v ersion XP you could finish off with a decimal separator. This behavior changed with Excel 2003, I haven't seen any documentation on the reasons. "Enter decimal" is like 2000.0 which is just as many keystrokes as 200000 but slower. If you d...

Outlook 2000 opens and closes
That's it, Outlook 2000 opens and closes in a few seconds. Try reinstalling Office, it sounds like a file got corrupted in the program. >-----Original Message----- >That's it, Outlook 2000 opens and closes in a few seconds. > > >. > ...

Outlook 2000 #25
When Outlook 2000 is launched, the opening process eliminates the video, making the screen go black for about 6 seconds. When the Screen returns, the window is larger, the font is displayed larger, and Outlook functions. When Outlook is closed, the screen goes black for about 6 seconds and the system returns to its original video display, size, colors, etc. Anyone know why 2000 changes the system display? Have you tried updating the video drivers? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and fin...

Couldn't print attachment in Outlook 2000
Hi, Need HELP. System reset whenever try to print mail with attachment in MS Outlook 2000. Thanks ...

CRM installation stoped with error msi cannot be installed
Hi I was trying to install CRM server on 2003 mechine . MSMQ,Indexing service, IIS, SQL2000 with SP3 are all installed. all the above services are running. But when i install crm stops reporting msi cannot install error 80004005 . i checked the event log and there it says APS server cannot be started or contacted odbc error. i belive Cristal report services are getting installed but cannot be accessed. Did any one come across such a problum. Is it authentacation problem. i dont have a password on my windows admin account but i have a passoword for sa account in sql server . please ...

Warning while inserting lines in Excel 2000
I have a worksheet with about 4000 lines of data. I am trying to insert lines into the worksheet but I get the following warning and I can't insert the line: "To prevent possible loss of data Microsoft Excel can not shift nonblank cells off the worksheet." I have recently inserted a pivot table as a separate worksheet and I did not have this problem before then, but I don't know if this is just a coincidence. Try to reset the used range. Excel thinks that you have data in the last rows/columns http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#Unused -- Regards, Peo Sjo...

Can't install Excell 2007
I successfully installed Excel 2007 on my desktop computer, but am unable to install it on my laptop. I get an error message stating that set-up can not find the following file: office-en-us/officeMUIset.xml I tried locating the file in all the directories on the CD, but can't find it. Can anyone help? ...

Incorrect setting for my outlook 2000
I have just updated all my office 2000, on my new computer. When I did this, somehow my settings changed. My Inbox no longer shows whom is sending me e mail, yet the from field is still there. Also the email shows no graphics, and pictures sent to me are in code. At the begining of each e mail it shows whom it was sent from with ip addresses and what servers it has went through, etc... I would like to change this back to typical settings, can anyone help me do this? Thank you -- Leif ...

Excel 2000 QueryTable to MSAccess SQL with "TRANSFORM"
In Excel 2000 using various QueryTables to link to Microsoft Access 2000 Database. No issues ... when need to change various fields simply rebuild the SQL String in Excel and requery database. However wanted to use "TRANSFORM" so built the initial Query in Access then copied over the SQL String back to Excel. It kept coming up with messages about an Error associated with "TRANSFORM". Haven't got Excel 2000 here at the moment so can't get exact wording of Error or try to again replicate. Trying it again now in Excel 2003 and works fine. Assuming ...

Side-by-side installation of Visio 2003 and VEA that came with VS 1.0 Enterprise
Please let me know if installation of both Visio 2003 and VEA that came with VS 1.0 Enterprise on the same machine is officially supported. I can't speak for M$, but they respond that it does work (although a pain in the butt to reboot when you need to move from one to the other, also since the VEA version is really v2002 understand the VEA version may not read the v2003 files). Al "TomTom" <no_spam@nospamfordiscussion.com> wrote in message news:OZTSpD2ZEHA.3708@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Please let me know if installation of both Visio 2003 and VEA that came >...

Username/Domain/Password prompt appearing when attempting to download Offline Address Book (Outlook 2000) #2
Evening all! Hope someone can help me with this, before I lose ALL my hair! :o) We've got multiple Outlook 2000 users who connect an exchange server, but they an "Enter Password" box appears, prompting for a Username, Domain & Password. The box is blank & no matter what u enter it just re-appears, until they press the ESC key once. The box'll then disappear & Outlook closes OK...but I don't think the Offline address book is updating. 20% of the time, the box doesn't appear when closing Outlook, it's just the other 80%! :( They get this whether they...

Error on default installation
Hi there. First of all let me explain that working with MS CRM is new for me and my first time. I've just installed the default MS CRM database and created the 6 users, etc. I am now trying to create a new email/lead/topic/etc. When doing that I get an error ======================================================= Server Error in '/' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- A potentially dangerous Request.Form value was detected from the client (crmFormSubmitXml="<emailactivity><acti..."). Description: Req...

Out of Office Help
I am unable to turn off my out of office rule. Here is the message: The Out of Office option button selection could not be set. The client operation failed. Any ideas on how to turn this off? Thanks! Sara Client operation failed usually indicates a corrupt mailbox . Are you using Microsoft Exchange ? >-----Original Message----- >I am unable to turn off my out of office rule. Here is >the message: The Out of Office option button selection >could not be set. The client operation failed. Any ideas >on how to turn this off? >Thanks! >Sara >. > ...

0xD0000005 Error during XP/SP2 Installation
During the clean up phase I got this error mesage 0xD0000005. It was during the cleanup phase and it stated that my XP system is unusable. As of this minute I am able to start my IE, get my outlook express emails. System LOOKS OK to me! Was unable to find out what the message means. Some websites SEEM to indicate its registry errors and offers cures for the problem. I am leery about using any of those! Since it also said that the system is unusable I am not too sure I want to shut it down until I get a clear resolution. Any help is appreciated...... I did no SP2 or ...

Open Office
I have a program that creates a spreadsheet in Excel. The company would like to now have Excel installed on computer. I put in all interop DLL's but program blows up. They are going to use open office to open up spreadsheet when I'm done. IS there a way to create spreadsheet without Excel on computer or can I modify program to use open office instead of Excel. We have proven the spreadsheet I create does work in Open Office. "Stephen Plotnick" <thepla@thepla.com> wrote in message news:EF45DFF0-BA1C-48E5-9E59-A74FB1A301F4@microsoft.com... >I ha...

After installation , cannot start Money2004
Microsoft Money has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. Error signature: AppName: msmoney.exe AppVer: 12.0.0.613 ModName : mnyob99.dll ModVer: 12.0.0.613 Offset: 000dc6e5 How to i solve the problem? thanks ...

Medical Office management
Any customization of CRM to medical office enviornment? ...

Office update screwup
Word (Office OSX) has been getting buggy, so I went to MS site and downloaded the update. When I installed, it wants me to re-enter my CD key, which I have lost(along with the CD a couple of moves ago- the life of a student!) I never thought about this as I had a registered version and I thought it would just recognize that and just install the update. If I would have known, I could have jotted down the serial number before the upgrade. Is there some way I can access the serial number off my computer? (Is it still there?) I have lots of projects in the next little bit, and while I can ope...

Outlook 2003 PST in Outlook 2000
I created a PST using outlook 2003 and tried to add it to my outlook 2000 data files but when I added the file I get an error message "The file JohnDoe.PST is not compatible with this version of the Personal Folders information service. Contact your adminstrator." Does anyone know if this is by design, there is an option in Outlook 2003 to export to an Outlook 2000 compatible PST or if the file is just corrupted? Thank You If you created the PST with Outlook 2003 (as it appears you have), the PST will not be compatible with older versions of Outlook. You can create a new PST ...

Office 98 compatable with OS X
Will Office 98 work with OS X? or do I need to purchase a version of Office designed specifically for OS X? Thanks, Rick Office 98 will run fine in OS X's Classic mode. You may need to fine tune your print settings, but other settings should be fine. Make sure you've applied the applicable updates from MacTopia: http://www.microsoft.com/mac/downloads.aspx In article <801f01c47764$d2695590$a501280a@phx.gbl>, "Rick" <rk808@aol.com> wrote: > Will Office 98 work with OS X? or do I need to purchase a > version of Office designed specifically for OS...

Required screen resolution for Office 2004
Hi, I have a first release iBook Clamshell that sadly only has an 800x600 screen resolution. Even more unfortunately, I was going through the Office 2004 sys requirements and found a 1028x768 res was needed. Since I *very* badly need Office, I was wanting to know if anybody has gotten working Office 2004 on an 800x600? Many thanks. Hi, there was a user who posted here some time ago, and he couldn't get Office 2004 to work properly as some dialogues, such as the Save dialogue, did not show up in their entirety on an 800x600 screen. Office v.X, Office 2004's predecessor, however, ...

Will upgrading office 2007 ( from office 2003).....outlook questio
cause my emails in outlook to be erased? Im not sure if the old version was outlook express. Does all that make a difference? I need to locate all my old emails. You allready have a thread on this subject Outlook and Outlook Express are completely different programs, each has their own individual msg store, which cannot be 'read' by the other. "Donnie" <Donnie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5DE8C6B1-FAF7-45E5-9F86-DCFE07EE14BE@microsoft.com... > cause my emails in outlook to be erased? Im not sure if the old version > was > outlook expr...

Outlook 2003 sending Out of Office responses to Junk E-mail
Hello, I am trying to resolve an issue where several employees' PCs are sending Out of Office responses to junk e-mail, even ones that Outlook deems as spam and moves to the Junk E-mail folder. We are running Outlook 2003 on employees' PCs and Exchange 2003 Standard on our server. All that I can suspect at this point is that Outlook creates a rule for the Out of Office response and it is processed prior to the Junk E-mail rule. If someone has any suggestions, I would be more than happy to hear them. Thanks in advance. -- Dennis Bilyk OOF are server side rules, junk mail is clie...