Installed office on Computer w/Hard drive crash

I installed Microsoft Office Home and Student 2007 on a new computer and the
hard drive went bad witin 2 weeks. The retailer I bought it from swapped it
for a new computer. I need to install it again but I don't want to use
another license for it. Any suggestions?

Use the license you have. The retail version can be installed on 3
machines concurrently.

LMD wrote:
> I installed Microsoft Office Home and Student 2007 on a new computer and the
> hard drive went bad witin 2 weeks. The retailer I bought it from swapped it
> for a new computer. I need to install it again but I don't want to use
> another license for it. Any suggestions?

0
Bob
3/5/2010 5:30:52 PM
thanks Bob, however I've used the license all 3 times and the 3rd time was on
that bad computer.  Looking for another way.

"LMD" <LMD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> thanks Bob, however I've used the license all 3 times and the 3rd time was
> on
> that bad computer.  Looking for another way.
>
> "Bob I" wrote:
>
>> Use the license you have. The retail version can be installed on 3
>> machines concurrently.
>>
>> LMD wrote:
>> > I installed Microsoft Office Home and Student 2007 on a new computer
>> > and the
>> > hard drive went bad witin 2 weeks. The retailer I bought it from
>> > swapped it
>> > for a new computer. I need to install it again but I don't want to use
>> > another license for it. Any suggestions?
>>
>> .

The key word in Bob I's post was concurrently (at the same time.)  Home and
Student (H & S) licensing allows for three computers at the same time used
in the same household.  The only issue you may have is if it has been less
than 6 months for the installation on all of the computers and then you may
have to use telephone activation to activate the latest computer.  Ensure
that you have uninstalled any Office trial version and it's activation
assistant then rebooted the computer prior to installing your retail version
of H & S

0
LVTravel
3/5/2010 7:06:29 PM
And to put it another way;
You can install as often as you like providing its not on more than 3
working PC's at any one time

"LMD" <LMD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> thanks Bob, however I've used the license all 3 times and the 3rd time was
> on
> that bad computer.  Looking for another way.
>
> "Bob I" wrote:
>
>> Use the license you have. The retail version can be installed on 3
>> machines concurrently.
>>
>> LMD wrote:
>> > I installed Microsoft Office Home and Student 2007 on a new computer
>> > and the
>> > hard drive went bad witin 2 weeks. The retailer I bought it from
>> > swapped it
>> > for a new computer. I need to install it again but I don't want to use
>> > another license for it. Any suggestions?
>>
>> .

0
DL

Install Outlook 2002 Security Patch Without Office XP Installed?
We have a situation where a system has Office 2000 installed, but Outlook 2002 has been installed in place of Outlook 2000. There are some security patches for Outlook 2002 from 2006 that need to be installed, but according to the KB articles the security patches require that Office XP be installed. Downloading the patches and installing says that they are installed but inspection of the DLLs that should have been updated shows that they were not updated. Any suggestions on how the security patches can be applied without Office XP being installed? Upgrading to Office XP/2003 or lat...

Office Project Gallery and Help system crash...
I've read all the posts on crashes in Office apps when attempting to access the "Project Gallery" either automatically during startup or while an application is in-use. I'm running OS X 10.2.6 on a G4/500 Powerbook. The machine runs beautifully except that Office apps crash either when attempting to access the Project Gallery or when attempting to access the Help system in Office apps. I have removed every font except the fonts in the Fonts folder in the "System" (OS X) folder. I've even try disabling a subset of the fonts in the "System" (OS X) fo...

Hostable Web Core without IIS7 installed
Is it possible to use HWC without IIS7 installed? The blogs say no, and I have tried copying the inetsrv folder from an Windows 2008 IIS7 server onto the blank Windows 2008 Server, and it fails ..... Thanks, B ...

Service crashes: IIS Admin, Exchange Routing Engine, SMTP
I have noticed some peculiar behavior with service crashes on an SBS 2003 server. About a week after installing Exchange 2003 SP2, I saw this sequence of errors (all within the same second) in the System event log: Event ID: 7031 Source: Service Control manager Description: The IIS Admin Service service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 1 time(s). The following corrective action will be taken in 1 milliseconds: Run the configured recovery program. Event ID: 7034 Source: Service Control manager Description: The Microsoft Exchange Routing Engine service terminated unexpectedly. It ...

OFFICE 2000 and WINDOWS 7 ... NOT!
My new laptop has 7 and my old version of Office 2000 does not work. Seems like its ok with Word & Excel, but Outlook's phone book can't find a WAB.DLL file. Without a phone book the program is useless. Are there any fixes out there? Patricia Office 2000 is not supported on Windows 7 See the following which applies to Outlook on Win 7 also http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/vista.htm and http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/vista_wab.htm -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowled...

How do I copy a formula/paste w/o losing the cell content?
I have a formula such as "=sum(d34+d35)", I decided to move the location, but when I move the location the formula is now "=sum(d31+d31). I would like to move the first formula anywhere on the spreadsheet w/o it being changed. How do you do that? Is it an absolute value or something like that? Yes. The formula must be written as =sum($d$34+$d$35) ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com www.MyExpertsOnline.com "CShannon" <CShannon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:04CAD401-FDF9-46C0-BCF4-D8F28A410ABE@microsoft.com... > I ...

Windows ME won't recognize slave drive
I installed a second 8 Gb drive into a HP Pavillion that has Windows ME. Primary drive is 60 Gb and Fat32. Windows doesn't see the second drive. I tried both cable select and slave. The second drive may have XP on it. Any ideas what I can do next? Thanks. "Mint" <chocolatemint77581@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:029ef223-b608-4ff2-ab8d-8e14cd61ccad@u34g2000yqu.googlegroups.com... >I installed a second 8 Gb drive into a HP Pavillion that has Windows > ME. > Primary drive is 60 Gb and Fat32. > > Windows doesn't see the second dri...

SOME installed fonts don't show
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Hey. I have this mac. I like cool fonts. I sometimes download cool fonts from free websites. These are generally .TTF files. I click on them, font book opens & asks me if I want to install them, I say yes... Then I make sure I restart MS word. Because how would it know anything's changed? When I restart MS Word, the new fonts are generally/usually there. I can find them in the drop down menu, or I can type the names until they appear, like any other font. This happens with MOST of the fonts I've installed...

Out of Office Assistant does when Outlook closes
I have a SBS 2003 server running Exchange 2003, with SP1, and the Out of Office Assistant works great until the Outlook client is closed then it does not function, until you open Outlook, turn off OOA, then turn it on again. When Outlook is open, it does send email outside the network. Has anyone seen this before? It is the same for any user. Thanks. -- ______________ DanPM "=?Utf-8?B?RGFuUE0=?=" <DanPM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:3D24431D-8717-425C-93BD-D13C7D089892@microsoft.com: > I have a SBS 2003 server running Exchange 2003, with SP1, and the...

Restore Exchange Root w/o disturbing Stores??
Is it possible to restore an Exchange root directory without distrubing the Directory and Information Store and their logs. I need to restore the entire C:\ partition to recover the functionality of an Add-In (Groupshield for Exchange). After the restore the contents of Exchange working directores MTA etc...will be about 3 days older than the current contents of the Directory and Priv/Pub databases; these are stored on different partitions. The Priv and Pub databases get a full back-up nightly, and commited logs are flushed. Thanks for any Advice. Charles "CharlesD"...

new exchange server installation #3
We are already having 1 domain controller (domain.com) in our premises which we are using for user logon, file servers, data storage, respository etc., Now we have planning to install another new Windows 2003 Server and Microsft Exhcange 2003 Server on the this new server. I would like to register new domain name (proven.com) for exchange server instead of using old(domain.com). Can anybody guide me about how to setup this environment? Shall I run Forestprep and Domainprep on new domain? Note1 :- I do not want to join & upgrade new server to our existing domain as we have planning to r...

import data from sql on a clean install of CRM (new SID)
I performed a clean install on a new server but can not import or restore my data from my old crm install because the SIDs are differnt and CRM stops working. What can I do to get data to my new database from the old database. My main goal is to get my accounts and contacts back. Everything else I can recreate. Anyone who knows how to solve my issue please lend your assistance. Thanks in advance. If you're just concerned about Accounts and Contacts you should check out the Data Migration Framework. You could also use the Redeployment Tool but you would have to still have yo...

Out-of-office assistant in Outlook2000 not working
Hi there, Any solution for this ? Out-of-office assistant in Outlook2000 not working, it can't send-out out-of-office email to sender automatically. Thanks in advance Regards/ibfan Is your Outlook configured for Internet Mail Only (IMO) or Corporate and Workgroup (CW). Help, about will tell you. The assistant only works if CW support is enabled, and only gives full function if using MS Exchange. "ibfan" <ibfan@oue.com.sg> wrote in message news:084b01c39487$07f5a220$a401280a@phx.gbl... Hi there, Any solution for this ? Out-of-office assistant in Outlook2000 not worki...

D.W. Export/Import
D. Watson, A few years ago I did an Export/Import (loose .qif) of my money file. At the time, I compiled a little cheat sheet concearning Investment accounts and their associated Cash accounts. I just wanted to touch base with you and compare notes regarding this matter. The way I understand it is: When exporting brokerage accounts to .QIF files, put an underscore in front of the name of the brokerage account so you can associate the corresponding cash account to it. Example: _Fidelity.qif FidelityCash.qif Although I thought I once read this in your UMPMFAQ's I couldn't find i...

Emptying the Office Clipboard
Anyone know how to empty or clear the contents of the Office Clipboard? I am using a bunch of .CopyPicture/.PasteFace calls to build toolbar buttons and would like to clean up after myself when I am done. Can't seem to find a method to do this and attempts to just clear the Windows Clipboard don't seem to do it. Any info would be appreciated. thanks, Roy Roy, In my experience, the pasteface method is very buggy in versions of Excel prior to 2002 (XP). I have even gone so far as to force text only toolbars in early versions in annoyance at the problem. In theory you can clear...

OT: A New Type Of Computer.
A man showed me his computer the other day. It was made out of wood, about a quarter of an inch in diameter and about 7 inches long. It had graphite going up through the middle of it and the delete button was on the end (made out of rubber). He said a power outage had no effect on it. Maybe I need to trade my computer in on a newer model like his. HoopleHead Alert. "Urlay Nook" <UrlayBurlay@TheNook.com> wrote in message news:%23iiXVmRJLHA.1744@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... :A man showed me his computer the other day. : It was made out of wood, about a quarter of a...

can I get my addresses from Hotmail into MSN Outlook w/o retyping
I just found out that I have to use Outlook in my envelope on the toolbar -- can I change this to hotmail and how do I do it -- and can I import my address book from hotmail somehow?? try using Live mail, & then export, & import in Outlook -- Yours, Lv "Pat" <Pat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:544A7F2A-7AD5-453A-B101-1B63FCEC85DA@microsoft.com... > I just found out that I have to use Outlook in my envelope on the > toolbar -- > can I change this to hotmail and how do I do it -- and can I import my > address book from hotmail someho...

File paths (UNC, mapped drives, etc.) in a client-server environment, how to?
Hi, I have an app that needs to run in a client-server environment. That is, the app (MFC native) is installed on multiple workstations and accesses a database on a 'server'. The app stores media file paths (video, audio, images, etc.) in the database. These files need to be played on any workstation running the app as well as on the server. In addition, I also have a Web app (asp.net 3.5) that needs to access the media files and display them in a Web page. The app was initially designed to work on a single computer. I need to make some changes so it could functi...

microsoft office 2007 portable usb edition
Is there a legitimate office 2007 version that can run off a USB device that I can purchase. I do development in Excel 2002 - but I now need to support Excel 2007. My company is thinking of getting a second computer with Office 2007 on it - but I was wondering if I could use the same machine with a USB version of Office. Doing a quick Goggle search showed a lot of pirated versions available (which I don't want) so I was curious if there was a official licensed version I could get but I cannot seem to find any information on it which leads me to believe it doesn't exist....

office for mac 2008 #3
three PK's for office...why 3 pks? one for each installation? lizluv28 wrote: > three PK's for office...why 3 pks? one for each installation? Home & Student version includes three product keys for three simultaneous installations. Home & Student is more limited than the Standard or Special Media Edition. It doesn't include Exchange support or automator actions. Hope this helps! -- bill Entourage Help Page <http://entourage.mvps.org/> Entourage Help Blog <http://blog.entourage.mvps.org/> YouTalk <http://nine.pairlist.net/mailman/listinfo/youtalk&...

Installing complete Office2003 with GPO
Hey! Having a problem doing the Software Installation via a GPO. Trying to push out Office 2003 to everybody, where it doesn't ask the end user for anything, it just installs and configures everything by itself. All but one thing pops up when they first open Outlook: "Microsoft Office Outlook can't load Speech Recognition files. This feature is not currently installed. Would you like to install it now?" Why is that coming up? I picked to install the Full installation? Or is Speech Recognition not part of Office 2003? Anyone who knows how to get rid of that popup? TI...

Working With Two Computers & Outlook
I am planning to have a desktop computer at home, and carry a laptop with me while I work. Is there an easy way to bring the laptop home at night and sync it to the desktop and vice versa. I presently have Outlook 2000 but am thinking about purchasing the Outlook 2003 upgrade. Sky <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am planning to have a desktop computer at home, and > carry a laptop with me while I work. Is there an easy way > to bring the laptop home at night and sync it to the > desktop and vice versa. I presently have Outlook 2000 but > am think...

Office Accounting
Has anyone here looked at Microsoft Office Accounting Express? I've considered using past versions, but I've always stopped when it failed to import my Money file. Microsoft support says there's a known bug with certain types of Money files. Perhaps Office Accounting is where Microsoft intends to move existing Money users. -- Steve Bell New Life Home Improvement Arlington, TX USA ...

Publisher 2002 Crashing
I have a fairly long booklet - almost everytime I save it, it crashes. What's wrong? Lynn have you emptied and deleted ALL the contents of your c:\Windows\Temp? Have you defragged your hard drive? Are you using this Publisher file on your local hard drive - This is ESSENTIAL This can also be caused by your video driver. Go to the website of your video card manufacturer and see if there is an updated driver for your video card. -- ...

how do i access outlook today from another computer
i want to access my email while on vacation from another computer Your options depend on the email account type that you are using. If you only want to check for new emails, use the web based access to your mailbox provided by your ISP or company. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "jo" <jo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:78C8F1C8-8DB1-498C-A9...