Installed fonts in WinXP but don't show in any Office program

I've tried all the suggestions given in here (TweakUI, resetting printer,
etc.), but NONE of those worked. I have 585 fonts in my Windows font folder.
Does Office have a limit on the number of fonts it will display in the drop
down Font box?

In article <B4E90712-7D9E-4575-915C-3DA41C745442@microsoft.com>, JeffH wrote:
> I've tried all the suggestions given in here (TweakUI, resetting printer,
> etc.), but NONE of those worked. I have 585 fonts in my Windows font folder.
> Does Office have a limit on the number of fonts it will display in the drop
> down Font box?

I don't know, and I suspect it'd depend on which version of Office you have.

It won't display certain types of fonts, though.  They'd need to be TrueType or
PostScript/Type1 fonts, not .FON files, for example.

But why not try removing half of them to see if it makes a difference?  Simple
and fast enough to do ... copy the font files from your fonts directory to a
back up directory, then delete them from the fonts directory.

0
Steve

HELP with MS Office 2004 registration (preferences?)
Awhile back, I assisted a friend who was having trouble with her Mac by backing up the computer when she had to send it in for repairs. She owned MS Office 2004. I owned an earlier version. So, when I tried to open office documents it then opened them in her Office 2004. When her computer returned and we made sure all was intact, I deleted all her files and programs. Later still, I purchased my own copy of Office 2004 and registered it. However, since that time when the application launches it shows MY name, but HER company which was shown on her version that I had backed up for her. Does an...

export funxtions from the main program to the dll
When I export functions from a dll to the main program I use the following syntax: Export: - __declspec(dllexport) function1(void); Import: - __declspec(dllimport) function2(void); Is it possible to export from the main program to the dll(the opposite direction)? If positive, what is the syntax? Thanks in advance Mansi "Mandi" <mandi@kart.com> wrote in message news:upDns9rnFHA.1204@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > When I export functions from a dll to the main program I use the following > syntax: > Export: - __declspec(dllexport) function1(void); > Import: - __dec...

Help With Simple Combobox Programming
I have a combo box on sheet1. When the user clicks on the combo box the first time ( it gets focus ) It should add/load all items from sheet2 column A. Now when the user selects from the combobox that item should be copied/placed on sheet1.A5 similarly the next item selected in the combo box should be placed below A6 and so on How can this be accomplished with code thx Hi, Use code like that : Private Sub cboIn_Click() Dim intR As Integer intR = Range("a4").CurrentRegion.Rows.Count Range("a4").Offset(intR, 0).Value = cboIn.Value End Sub Priv...

Installation problems
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) I am only at the product key part of the installation and it will not let me continue > I am only at the product key part of the installation and it will not let me continue <br> Please disregard this message--problem solved ...

Weird Excell Entry in Installed App's
Can anyone here shed any light on why there would be there would be an entry in Windows Control Panel "Add or Remove Programs" like this: Excel 2002 [eight or so goofy characters] (KB978471) EXCEL I'll try attaching a small screenshot, but doubt that this group will accept it. -- croy Hi Croy I would go on Microsoft website to check the revision update number (KB978471). If its good and still available, try to delete yours and reinstall the new one. My experience is when you see symbols like that, you should check it out. If you can't uninstall or delete...

pop3 connector delivering duplicate emails after SP1 install
Installed SBS 2003 SP1 over night (includes Ecxhange 2003 SP1) We have been using the POP3 connector to collect mail from a Global Mailbox and emails are delivered to recipients. After the upgrade, the POP3 connector is delivering duplicate emails when it reads the To: and Cc: fields. Emails that come in where recipients are in both the To: and Cc: fields, are duplicated and delivered multiple copies, depending on the number of recipients. e.g an external user sends an email to usera@mymail.com (To: field )and CC's userb@mymail.com. usera@mymail.com - receives 2 emails userb@myma...

office on a broken laptop
I have Microsoft Office, licensed for three users. The third usage is on a laptop which has now died and I can't get access it to remove the software to re-install on a new laptop. I have the product registration no's - might I be able to get a replacement from microsoft and how would I go about it ? (I'm in the UK) thanks This is a Macintosh? MacOffice does not need to be activated or unactivated--just install from the CD and re-use the license key that was assigned to that laptop, you don't need to bother to remove the software to install it. If this isn't on a Mac, ...

Outlook Stationery Picker: would like to military emblems or font
background Stationery on Outlook Stationery Picker: would like to see emblems of USMC; USN; USAF etc. and just fonts of same. "Gary" <Gary@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9BCDB261-FD1B-47ED-AAA2-B8C07C450A9F@microsoft.com... > background Stationery on Outlook Stationery Picker: would like to see > emblems > of USMC; USN; USAF etc. and just fonts of same. I think you'll have to make your own stationery for that. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] or find stationery on the internet and add it to the stationery folder. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP -...

Office 97 Excel--FuncRes.xla Error?
Back in 1996 I wrote some add-on statistical functions in VBA for Excel. In 2000 or so I acquired Office97 and ran it under Win2000 Pro successfully. I've since moved on to XP Pro and tried running it. I get a "FuncRes.XLA error" and a notice about VBA macros. Once I get by those message, I cannot run my old programs. What's up? Am I going to have to purchase XP Office? Perhaps there's another way? A workaround? The thought of paying out $400 or more for an upgrade does not excite me. Funcres.xla is the workbook that contains the Analysis toolpak (installed via too...

Office Auto Correct Library
Does anyone know how to transfer the entries from the Auto Correct library from one computer to another? I've purchased a new Mac and want to transfer the hundreds of entries I've made to a new machine. Thanks. Dan Install Office on the other computer, and copy these two files over there in the corresponding locations: ~/Library/Preferences/Microsoft/MS Office ACL [English] HD/Applications/Microsoft Office X/Templates/Normal ("~" = Go -> Home or HD/Users/<Your User>) On 4/26/04 2:58 PM, in article 3907a01b.0404261158.405bab00@posting.google.com, "Dan"...

Returning entries are gone after switch to Office XP
Hi! I have exported (using import/export) OUTLOOK 2002 Data including all subdirectories and reimported them to Outlook XP . After having a first glance on the data I later realized that every returning entry is gone. Like "gym on wednesday" or "eating sauerkraut each sunday" ! Did I do something wrong? can I solve this problem in any way? Did somebody have it before and can help me? Einie Alexander Weidemann <einie@mac.com> wrote: > I have exported (using import/export) OUTLOOK 2002 Data including all > subdirectories and reimported them to Outlook XP . T...

"Repair" install over existing XP
I've got a couple XP partitions that seem flakey, perhaps just due to hit-or-miss Windows updates (some didn't go well--I noticed problems immediately after). I do have newer install CDs with SP3 merged, but I don't want to reinstall all apps if that can be avoided. Is there an easy way to do a "repair" installation from the XP SP3 CDs, over top of the existing XP installs? Goal being to keep all the existing apps. Secondary to this, I'd probably need to wipe the older keys, as the newer CDs have different keys. A regular repair seems to want the origi...

[pscript] persistent font substitution
Hi, I'm extending the oemps sample driver included in the sdk with a full ui replacement. When I try to modify the fonts substitution map by calling IPrintCoreHelper[PS]::SetFontSubstitution() method, the changes seem to be volatile and never reach the registry (I expected the table being persisted in PrinterDriverData\@TTFontSubTable as a multi string) Any clue? Thanks in advance Solved, it seems a bug in the pscript driver: if there is any call to IPrintCoreHelper[PS]::SetOptions() then ALL the font substitution table is updated to the registry (if different than t...

Outlook (Office) 2010
I just installed Outlook 2010 (beta) on a client's computer. Anyone have an idea when the real thing is coming out? Online news sites have made mention of May 12th for volume license and mid June 15 for public/retail. "Jethro Pull" <jpull@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:zKbqn.57884$2r7.19777@newsfe05.iad... >I just installed Outlook 2010 (beta) on a client's computer. Anyone have an >idea when the real thing is coming out? Jethro Pull wrote: > I just installed Outlook 2010 (beta) on a client's computer. Anyone have > an idea wh...

help: Font question
Hi all. I've recently converted an application to unicode, so it can display chinese characters. and it works fine. However, when i install on a friend's computer, the chinese symbols appear as squares. how do i find out what font i need to install on his computer? at present, i'm not assigning any fonts to a control. it's just happened to work. i know i should be, and i will do. but right now as a quick-short-term-fix i need some way of finding out which font my computer is using to display the chinese text, so i can get the chinese text displaying on a friend's computer...

How can I check the expiry date on my office trial version?
I recently activated the OEM trial version of MS Office on a PC that I was using for other applications before. I seem to remember that the expiry date displyed at activation was shorter than I expected and wanted to check this. So far the Office applications have not prompted me with warnings about the expiry. How can I display this information? Thanks, Peter Whenever you start you get nagging alerts informing you that you have xx days left or xx times left to use this application. You can also check whether or not it is trial by going to: Windows Logo/Word Options/Res...

Problems with EXCHANGE e-mail account under Enourage Office 2004
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3167895906_820396 Content-type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-transfer-encoding: 7bit I use my exchange e-mail account under Entourage Office Mac X with no problem. But with Office Mac 2004 I try to setup the same e-mail account with exactly the same settings and it does not work. NEED HELP with setup an exchange e-mail under Entourage Office 2004. ANY IDEAS? Michael Schnabel --B_3167895906_820396 Content-type: text/html; char...

office 2007 will not load, missing file SKU011.CAB...Help!
can not install MS Office Standard 2007, error message states that file SKU011.CAB is missing. Previously did install on lap top (windows 7). Will not install on desk top (windows XP). Can someone help? Office 2007 requires at least XP with SP2. If that's not the problem, then take a look here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/818234/en-us -- Herb Tyson MS MVP Author of the Word Bible Blog: http://word.herbtyson.com Web: http://www.herbtyson.com "Hoot" <Hoot@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:98013A41-0F20-4CA6-A31D-68C57B3D5967@mic...

MS Office 2007 have product key no disk drive need link to downld
I have a new netbook without disk drive and already have software licence.Therefore I need the link to download MS Office Small Business 2007 and then use my product key Where did you get the key? I assume it was in an email - the link should be there. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Justin Grainger" <Justin Grainger@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:92E81A55-B7BD-49A5-86BF-F9BFEB698214@microsoft.com... >I have a new netbook without disk drive and already have ...

program files
Hello, In my 'program files' folder I see subfolders with names I don't recognise, do not appear under 'control panel - uninstall a program', nor on the start button 'all programs' option. Is it safe to delete them ? Thanks KK Probably not. -- .. -- "KRK" <trebor@yeleek.nospam.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message news:OUhZcOKBLHA.4308@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Hello, > > In my 'program files' folder I see subfolders with names I don't > recognise, do not appear under 'control panel - uninstal...

Program Crash under Win9x
Hi all, I have created a program that is using Unicode Character Set with MFC Shared DLL. The program works well under WinNT, Win2000 and WinXP. However, it crashes under Win9x platforms. The error dialog is "Runtime Error, The application has requested a Runtime to terminate....". My program has already used Microsoft Layer for Unicode API and I followed the procedures in MSDN. i.e. Add the UnicoWS.lib and load the UnicoWS.dll. The problem still exists. The program seems not executed the statement of loading "UnicoWS.dll" because I tried to add some message boxes in the ...

Product Key problems with Microsoft Office 2004 #2
Have installed everything ok, but when I get to stage 4 of the installation process, 'Enter Product Key', after I type the 25 long product key and click 'finish', a message pops up from the top stating 'Please verify the product key you have entered is correct', yet there is nothing for me to click on to confirm that it is correct, other than the 'finish' button at the top. I have definitely typed the product key in correctly and there is nothing telling me that what I have put in is incorrect in anyway. has anyone else had this problem? I'm on a G4 powerbo...

Users can't use CRM via their outlook clients at branch office in
Hi. Our users cannot use CRM via their outlook clients at our branch office within the VPN networks while they can access the CRM well through the web. We have CRM 3.0 and we are using the Beat firewall which was provided by Fuji Xerox. The CRM outlook client works great when they are in the headquarters and even at home and internet café. But when they try at the branch office, they get the error message of “There is a problem communicating with the Microsoft CRM server. The server might be unavailable.” Please could you help me to resolve this problem? Thanks in advance. Ha...

Vista Update freeze at download/installation
Hi there, Since some time, I got a message in Windows Update dialog, telling me that "12 important updates are available". When I push the button "Install updates", it begins to download, but is not able to get anything, until I cancel the process. Please tell me what is happen and how can I fix it. Note that before this problem I run successfully each update, since when I install my OS (2-3 years ago), without problems TIA, Sabin Sabin Coanda wrote: > Hi there, > > Since some time, I got a message in Windows Update dialog, telling me ...

Windows Live Mail instal problem
I have Windows 7 Home Premium with all updates I uninstalled Windows Live Mail a while ago and now I want to try it again. When I run the installation program it tells me:- You already have this program and it will not instal. The program no longer appears in the the list of programs that can be uninstalled in "Programs and Features". Nor does it appear in c:\Program Files or anywhere else on the HD The only suggestion I could find when I Googled was to remove all the ..msi files from C:\windows\installer which I did (put them on a USB drive so I could put ...