Installation question

Hello,

I was requested to downgrade a computer at my office to XP. I used a
keyfinder to locate the product key for her office installation since the
packaging could not be found. I noticed that the product was Office Pro Plus
2007. There is no install disk for Pro Plus 2007 in the office, only for Pro
2007. I did a test run on a spare computer just to verify it would work with
her product key, and it shows invalid.

Will the product key only work when installing with Pro Plus or did I just
copy it down incorrectly?

Thanks for any help.

Seth

Office Pro Plus is a Volume License version which needs it's own key. If the Pro
Plus was installed in the Office then you have other installations of it most
likely. Check with your IT department

--
Peter

"Seth" <Seth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I was requested to downgrade a computer at my office to XP. I used a
> keyfinder to locate the product key for her office installation since the
> packaging could not be found. I noticed that the product was Office Pro Plus
> 2007. There is no install disk for Pro Plus 2007 in the office, only for Pro
> 2007. I did a test run on a spare computer just to verify it would work with
> her product key, and it shows invalid.
>
> Will the product key only work when installing with Pro Plus or did I just
> copy it down incorrectly?
>
> Thanks for any help.

0
Peter
11/20/2009 10:56:31 PM
I am not aware that a Microsoft Product Called Office Professional Plus
exists.

You could have copied it incorrectly.  But another possibility is that
the product key and your media do not match.  For example, you could
have an upgrade product key and full product media, or vice versa.
There is also the possibility that you have OEM media and a retail
product key, or vice versa.  There are a lot of possibilities.

Seth wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I was requested to downgrade a computer at my office to XP. I used a
> keyfinder to locate the product key for her office installation since the
> packaging could not be found. I noticed that the product was Office Pro Plus
> 2007. There is no install disk for Pro Plus 2007 in the office, only for Pro
> 2007. I did a test run on a spare computer just to verify it would work with
> her product key, and it shows invalid.
>
> Will the product key only work when installing with Pro Plus or did I just
> copy it down incorrectly?
>
> Thanks for any help.
0
Barry
11/21/2009 12:26:11 AM
It does exist and it is a VL version Barry

--
Peter

"Barry Watzman" <Watzman@neo.rr.com> wrote in message
>I am not aware that a Microsoft Product Called Office Professional Plus exists.
>
> You could have copied it incorrectly.  But another possibility is that the product
> key and your media do not match.  For example, you could have an upgrade product
> key and full product media, or vice versa. There is also the possibility that you
> have OEM media and a retail product key, or vice versa.  There are a lot of
> possibilities.
>

> Seth wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I was requested to downgrade a computer at my office to XP. I used a keyfinder to
>> locate the product key for her office installation since the packaging could not
>> be found. I noticed that the product was Office Pro Plus 2007. There is no
>> install disk for Pro Plus 2007 in the office, only for Pro 2007. I did a test run
>> on a spare computer just to verify it would work with her product key, and it
>> shows invalid.
>>
>> Will the product key only work when installing with Pro Plus or did I just copy
>> it down incorrectly?
>>
>> Thanks for any help.

0
Peter
11/21/2009 1:07:40 AM
My college bookstore used to sell "Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2007"
to students and staff on a disk labelled "Applications Student Media" with
Microsoft part numbers and a barcode.  You had to sign an agreement that you
would stop using it when you left the college, unless you graduated.  Then
it would revert to a perpetual license.  When I got my copy from the
bookstore it was in a black plastic sleeve with the DVD inside and a yellow
Product Key sticker on the back.  Now they provide Enterprise via download.
Mine says "Part of Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2007" in the "About
Microsoft Office" screens for each application.

The OP (Seth) needs to figure out where this copy of Professional Plus came
from.  There is a media replacement program, but I don't know if they would
give you replacement media without proof that you had a valid volume
license.  They must have bought it somewhere.

Earle

> It does exist and it is a VL version Barry
>
> --
> Peter

> "Barry Watzman" <Watzman@neo.rr.com> wrote in message
>>I am not aware that a Microsoft Product Called Office Professional Plus
>>exists.
>>
>> You could have copied it incorrectly.  But another possibility is that
>> the product key and your media do not match.  For example, you could have
>> an upgrade product key and full product media, or vice versa. There is
>> also the possibility that you have OEM media and a retail product key, or
>> vice versa.  There are a lot of possibilities.
>>

>> Seth wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I was requested to downgrade a computer at my office to XP. I used a
>>> keyfinder to locate the product key for her office installation since
>>> the packaging could not be found. I noticed that the product was Office
>>> Pro Plus 2007. There is no install disk for Pro Plus 2007 in the office,
>>> only for Pro 2007. I did a test run on a spare computer just to verify
>>> it would work with her product key, and it shows invalid.
>>>
>>> Will the product key only work when installing with Pro Plus or did I
>>> just copy it down incorrectly?
>>>
>>> Thanks for any help.

0
Earle
11/21/2009 5:45:18 AM
Nice. Well, I am the lone IT guy for this satellite office for the company.
I've contacted my boss about this before, but he had no knowledge about the
software, were to find the media, etc.

I'll have to send another request for information or direction on locating
the required software.

"Peter Foldes" wrote:

> Seth
>
> Office Pro Plus is a Volume License version which needs it's own key. If the Pro
> Plus was installed in the Office then you have other installations of it most
> likely. Check with your IT department
>
> --
> Peter

> "Seth" <Seth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hello,
> >
> > I was requested to downgrade a computer at my office to XP. I used a
> > keyfinder to locate the product key for her office installation since the
> > packaging could not be found. I noticed that the product was Office Pro Plus
> > 2007. There is no install disk for Pro Plus 2007 in the office, only for Pro
> > 2007. I did a test run on a spare computer just to verify it would work with
> > her product key, and it shows invalid.
> >
> > Will the product key only work when installing with Pro Plus or did I just
> > copy it down incorrectly?
> >
> > Thanks for any help.
>
> .

merging worksheets question
I have Excel2000, WindowsXP. I am new to Excel but have managed to get a worksheet with names, addresses, rsvp's sum (bride's list). Now I have received the worksheet by email from the groom's mother with her list except in slightly different format. My question is how do I merge these two worksheets so that in the end I'll have the entire wedding list alphabetical by last name? I'm afraid to start trying it by myself for fear I'll lose the whole worksheet. If this isn't clear, please advise. Will appreciate any and all help in this matter. Barbara Barbara ...

Question for Fanboys: Is Win 7 Finally It?
Question for M$ Fanboys: Is Windows 7 finally the compelling reason to migrate from Windows 98? Side question: what do I do for Microsoft Fax? Win 98 User wrote: > Question for M$ Fanboys: > > Is Windows 7 finally the compelling reason to migrate from > Windows 98? You've got to understand this fundamental concept when it comes to Windows and PC's: The OS comes pre-installed with the PC, and when the PC is discarded - so is the Windows license. The two are inseparable. You have the quaint impression that OS's and PC's are separate, and th...

Paper output size question
Hi, I'm trying to set up a continuous feed printing system using an Okidata 9 pin printer on an XP system with Excel 2003. The paper is an odd size. Between the tractor pins it is 9 inches, between vert perfs its 8 3/8 inches. But its only 4 and a quarter inches between horizontal perfs. After you tear off the edges, etc., you wind up with a rectangular piece of paper 4 1/4 long by 8 3/8 wide. (which is exactly what I want) The problem is when I go to page setup, I can't find a place to tell it the paper size. It has 5 pre-defined paper sizes, 8 1/2 by 11, A 5, A4, B5, ...

No Internet Access
Hi, I hope someone out there can help me! For my Birthday, I've been given MS Money 2006 Deluxe. However, for the life in me, I can't install it as I'm not on the Internet at home (I'm sending this from a friend's PC). I just want to use Money to manage my simple incomings/outgoings. What's the installation procedure (if any) to install without having to have it on-line? Thanks in advance! Debi :-) Know nothing of the UK version but for the USA... System requirements list a 56kbs modem. On back cover of the little booklet in the CD box. Possibly for update...

Install this corrective pack that comes from the MS Corp.
--inscppkx Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="ulrykmomowmdmw"; type="multipart/alternative" --ulrykmomowmdmw Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="aehfmxqswzkn" --aehfmxqswzkn Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to h...

Basic Exchange Front End Server Questions
Hi All, Doing a FE Exchange install for the first time and had some basic questions before I start..... Does the FE Exchange server need to be added to the domain? Does the binding order of the network cards matter? Should I bind the BackNet (internal network) to be accessed first or the FrontNet (external network). Should I take off File and Printer Sharing for MS Networks and Client for MS Networks from the FrontNet (external network)? And finally... under Advanced TCP/IP Setting of the FrontNet (external network) should I disable Register this connection's addresses in DNS and ...

CRM install killed Remote desktop for SBS 2003
Does anyone have a clue why the Remote access dies when CRM is installed? It seems that the remote Exchange works just fine and the internet public web page does as well. Just Remote is no longer accessable...why? You'll want to see if CRM was installed in your default web site. If so, you'll need to reinstall several things from the SBS 2003 CD. The remote portion, I believe, is found under the "Intranet" option on the CD when you reach the "Server Tools" setup. If you did install CRM in the default website, you'll need to reinstall CRM as well (not in t...

Outlook 2003 new installation
Just completed loading MS Office 2003 on Windows 2000. Everything worked fine until I tried to send an email, when the following message appeared: "Can't contact LDAP Directory Server (81)." Searching the Microsoft Knowledge Base yielded no information (that I can find). Can anyone help? ...

Sharing question
I have a sheet that I would like multiple users to be able to use at the same time. However, I want them to be able to see changes that others are making as they are happening. Is this possible? Stephanie ...

Budget Question- Income disappears after i entered it
I set up the Essential budget by entering my income and expense. When I go back to check the budget it shows that I have 0$ income for both Actual & Budgeted. This happend twice within the same month. Any ideas why this would happen? Thanks! ...

Great Plains 10.0 Workflow installation Error
Hi, I am trying to install GP 10.0 Workflow on my PC. I have installed GP 10.0 on my Windows Server 2003 SP2 system with Sharepoint 2007 and completed all the pre-requisites required for installing GP 10.0 Workflow. While I am at the end of the installation process after providing GP Webservice and GP Security Service paths, an error dialog box appears on my screen displaying "Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 must be installed in order to continue with the installation.". I have already installed .Net versions 1.1, 2.0, 3.0 earlier. Can anyone help me out on this?? I have foun...

period question
I have a form that a user can enter the number of periods to review up to 24. Current period (Nov 2009) is 23. How can I calculate the correct periods to sum. My statement would work something like this; (number of periods to review Example 4) - (current period Example 23) then add periods (19+20 +21+22). Easy enough but how do I handle when the period rolls back to 1. I thought about using a table but the number of variables would make this large. Is there a betterway? Thanks I'm assuming you have records with period number as a field (valid values 1-24) and you n...

Question on Excel VB migrating to Office 2003
Newbie to VBA on Excel :-) Inherited an Excel tool that no longer works in Office2003. Error is VB "1004 - App or Object defined error". Need to estimate effort is to migrate the tool from Office 2000 to 2003 - to justify getting a resource. What has been changed to invalidate VBA? Shouldn't it be backwards compatible? Thanks - lc I think you're going to have to post the offending line of code. (or maybe check your references in both xl2k and xl2003 and compare the differences--just a wild guess.) luican wrote: > > Newbie to VBA on Excel :-) > > Inherite...

Page Setup questions...
Is there a way to setup Excel so that it remembers my default desired page sizes? For example, the margins are .75 L/R and 1.0 T/B with headers and footers. How can I change these defaults and get them to stick? Thanks, Chris I'd set up two template workbooks with what I want each page layout to be. The first one is named book.xlt (file|saveas|Template (*.xlt)). This is stored in my XLStart folder. When I click the New icon on the standard toolbar, I get a new workbook based on this template. The second one is named sheet.xlt and is saved in the same location (XLStart folder)...

Re-using a "Door Prize No"
Hi, I’m on Access 2003 on XP Pro with all the latest updates. I’m working for a charity that has a membership database. Each member is assigned a door prize number. The goal is to not have any gaps in the door prize number. When a member leaves the area, we flag that member as “gone” and I want to re-assign their door prize number to the next new member. I’ve already beat my head against the wall talking to management about why they reuse number and they are not going to budge. I can logically see what I need to do, but I don’t know how to code it. I would appreciat...

install error 1320
hi I get this error when I try to install money 2004. I run xp pro. Error 1320: the specified path is too long: N:\My settings I have previously installed tis version with no problems, but had to have my laptop rebuilt for a modification on the network at work. Any ideas? thanks Edward How are you mapping the N: drive? Are you using the DOS Subst command, because windows installer doesn't understand this. If you are, and still want an N: drive, then use the computer management tool in administrative tools in control panel. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money Check http://sup...

we cannot install SOLVER for Excel in our Danish version
Can you please help with the above? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=63da9f2f-b0ee-4800-b1b1-63fdb250913f&dg=microsoft.public.excel.misc ...

WLK x64 question
hi May I ask some WLK question here, is there some specific WLK Newsgroup for WLK? Should we generate test signature on Win7 x64, can we press F8 and disable driver signature checking during system boot ? Thank you . You are probably better off with a test signature, depending on the WLK tests you run, the system may reboot during the testing. This is the best place to ask questions on the WLK, there was a seperate newsgroup but when Microsoft started moving things to forums, they eliminated the group. -- Don Burn (MVP, Windows DKD) Windows Filesystem and Driver C...

One question about Modal Dialog
I want to set the position of a modal dialog,how? By the way,Why PreCreateWindow is not called when modal dialog is shown? ...

User cannot log in after Outlook 2003 installation
Hello, We are experiencing the same issues as others (http://www.mcse.ms/message1591947.html) but moving the mailbox does not clear up our issue: Users who receive the Outlook 2003 software cannot log into their mailboxes the next day...although OWA works just fine. Below have been my troubleshooting steps: 1. Had user log into her peer's workstation and create a new profile - same error. 2. User can access OWA just fine. 3. Move mailbox to new server - same error. 4. Removed Mailbox Rights and readded them. 5. Created pst, disconnected mailbox, created new mailbox on different ...

question re: read icon
When I open my inbox in the morning the read icon appears beside each message. Throughout the day as I retrieve mail, some of the messages will have the read icon and some of them will have the unopened icon. Why do some of the messages appear to have been read if I have never opened them or even clicked on them? Thanx in advance for your help ...

2007 Linking Question: How do I edit links quickly and easily?
I'm formatting a bunch of charts and tables in excel for a client in Excel 2007. I'm then pasting them into a PPT 2007 file, and then sending both to my client. Here's the problem: I need to link the files in such a way that the client can seamlessly (without repasting) use both files. And before you mention it, NO Excel cannot be embedded. Any solutions? THanks1 In article <D5D90D06-E99B-44AD-BFF5-2672ED391E1E@microsoft.com>, RuthMor wrote: > I'm formatting a bunch of charts and tables in excel for a client in Excel > 2007. > ...

Installation exchange 2000 with a domain name
Dear All, I bought a domain name (glcinfo.com), and a PC for a server with Windows 2003 Enterprise. I would like install Exchange 2000 and create an emails address with my domain name. (ex : glecomte@glcinfo.com) I don't know how do ? Please can you help me ? Thanks in advance for your help. Best Regards Guillaume. Hi, That is not a simple question to answer. It all depends of your current setup. I would recommend starting here: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/2003/library/messsyst.mspx Leif "Guillaume LECOMTE" <lecomteguillaume@wanadoo.f...

Need to redownload/install after hard drive crash
My hard drive crashed and I'm in the process of reinstalling/rebuilding everything, however I don't have a saved copy of Money Premium that I purchased. I still have my emailed receipt and can provide proof of purchase. How do I download my registered copy again? Depends on the version, but if you bought the downloaded version of 2005 or 2006 see http://money.mvps.org/faq/article/132.aspx -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http://money.mvps.org Check http://money.mvps.org/faq/default.aspx for tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your product wishes see http://mo...

SmartList Builder - GP8
I would LOVE if SmartList Builder would allow me to do the following (maybe it can, and I just don't know how?) .. 1/ group similar smartlists created w/ smartlist builder under a single object / folder 2/ change the Max Records value on the default list (or change the default to something else) Thx. Maria. #1 cannot be done. On #2, just go to the Extras menu selection with SmartList open. Then, choose SmartList...Options. Choose your Smartlist in the drop-down menu. Finally, change the maximum number of records. childofthe1980s "Maria" wrote: > I would LOVE ...