Install Office from a networked PC

Will I be able to install Office (2007) through a home network hub to my
laptop that does not have a CD drive?

Thank you for your help.

Vista SP1->Win7

0
Erik

Yes

"Erik" <reply-to-group@email.net> wrote in message
> Will I be able to install Office (2007) through a home network hub to my
> laptop that does not have a CD drive?
>
> Thank you for your help.
>
> Vista SP1->Win7

0
DL
1/27/2010 11:39:25 AM
In article <#x1YhYxnKHA.5700@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl>, Erik wrote:
> Will I be able to install Office (2007) through a home network hub to my
> laptop that does not have a CD drive?

If your laptop can see a CD/DVD drive that you've shared from another PC on
the network, yes.

Or you can copy the contents of the Office CD to a shared drive on the
network and install from there.

0
Steve

Great Plains Standard installation 8.0
On the test server we have installed the program and the data tables on the same server. When we go live, we intend to install the program on one server and the data on another. Will this be a problem? Is there anything in particular we need to do for this? How will license work. Will this be looking at Database server or the application server. What happens when I do upgrade or apply service pack. Please advice. Also, has someone run into this scenario. What are the advantages and disadvatages of the above scenarion. Thanks again By the sounds of what you describe you are simply ins...

install sp1 on sql 2008 r2
Hi, i'm a bit confused. I just installed sql 2008 r2 (build 1600) and i need to install the SP1 but my doubt is, what is sql 2008 R2? is it sql 2008 + Service Pack 1? what update does it include with the "r2"? do i have to install sp1 or it's already included? thanks!! R2 is like a whole new version of 2008. Actually a half version :). It was just released so all there is to load is the RTM version. There are no service packs for it yet. -- Andrew J. Kelly SQL MVP Solid Quality Mentors "iNewbie" <iNewbie@discussions.microsoft.com>...

how to disable outlook office
I use outlook express for my e-mails and it works fine. I recently joined motzarella.org as my newsgroup because Comcast which had a contract with giganews is abolishing this service as of today. My question is this: If I respond to a message in the newsgroup, instead of the mail template for outlook express, I get the outlook office template. I never use outlook office and there are no addresses in same. How can I fix this so I can reply to messages with outlook express. thanks, Monika Purpledawn wrote: > I use outlook express for my e-mails and it works fine. I recently joined &...

Why cannot copy autorun.inf across network drive
I've copied a CD software into my harddisk. Then I copy to another PC. But I find that it's not possible to copy the autorun.inf over. "Access is denied" I wonder why ? Thanks "dingdongdingding" <dingdongdingding@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:54c040ef-d6e7-4e82-9727-5260929a8e35@q39g2000prh.googlegroups.com... > I've copied a CD software into my harddisk. Then I copy to another > PC. But I find that it's not possible to copy the autorun.inf over. > "Access is denied" I wonder why ? One solution (among many): ...

Problem copy/pasting images from IE8 to MS Office 2007
I've got a weird problem that just started happening last week on one of my PCs (running Vista Home Premium). If I copy an image from IE8, and paste it into MS Office (Word, PPT, Outlook) the first one works fine, but then when I paste subsequent images, I get a copy of the first one. I'm not sure how to clear the clipboard, but I don't think that's even the problem. It gets more weird... When I paste the second time (or any subsequent copy/pastes after the first), it knows the size of whatever item I copied to the clipboard, but it pastes the first image distorted...

Install App in Win 7
I have an application that was written in 1999. I want to run it on a Windows 7 X64 dual core machine. It doesn't install. Other than using a vm machine, how can install it and then run it? App runs fine in Win 7 x86. I looked at ACT v5.6 but it doesn't work for me. thanks David What is the mysterious programs name and what does it perform. Have you contacted the makers of said program and ask them if they an updated version for Vista and Win 7 -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will...

mail problems after synch with pocket pc
This problem happened with an autoiovox ppc and now my ipaq ppc too. Using outlook 2003 and the 2003 version of ppc; windows 98. I'm trying to use the same email account on the ipaq as well as in outlook, so I can retrieve email outside of the office on my ipaq. Both work fine independently. But after a synch, the outlook 2003 email will not work until I take the ipaq out of the cradle and both reset the email info in outlook, and erase the email inbox settings on the ipaq. HP suggested that I reset the ipaq before I place the unit in the cradle for a synch, each time. T...

Hotmail on my office laptop
If I add my hotmail account to my Outlook 2007 on my office laptop, will my personal messages be available to anyone on my network, or will they just be downloaded to my laptop? I love Outlook 2007, I just don't want the world to see my personal e-mails. longbeachlaw <longbeachlaw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > If I add my hotmail account to my Outlook 2007 on my office laptop, > will my personal messages be available to anyone on my network, or > will they just be downloaded to my laptop? I love Outlook 2007, I > just don't want the world to see my person...

GP 10.0 Fails to install .Net Framework 2.0 not installed
I'm trying to install GP 10.0 on server. We have .net framework 2.0 sp1 and 3.0 installed. We have windows sharepoint services installed on framework 3.0. When we try to install, it is returing error .Net framework 2.0 not installed and ending prematurely. I've tried the workaround provided in Partnersource (KB ID 947538) for .Net 2.0 sp1. However it is not working. Thanks Jack - unfortunately, unless you write out the command line scripts exactly as they say in the KB, it will continue to bomb. Microsoft is costing us hours and hours worth of unbillable time to work aroun...

Set Out of Office (or a rule) to only function on weekends
Hello, I am trying to set up so that every weekend my internal e-mail gets forwarded to my home(smartphone) account. I can only find options to run a rule or out of office assistant to run for specific date ranges. How do I set up either a rule or the out of office assistant to 'push' mail to me only on weekends? HCA.CWT.RN wrote on Fri, 02 April 2010 09:04 > Hello, I am trying to set up so that every weekend my internal e-mail gets > forwarded to my home(smartphone) account. I can only find options to run a > rule or out of office assistant to run for spec...

Word/Office Integration as seen at CRM 3.0 Partner Readiness Event
Has anyone seen available resources on integration to Office 2003 applications such as Word?? I saw this demo'd at a Partner Readiness event back in Nov. 2005 and they showed a very tight integration with Word for not only mail merge and easy template building (with CRM fields available), but also a task pane that allowed update/edit of existing CRM records within Word. This was being demo'd as "CRM 3.0 tightly integrated with Office"...Ok, so where is this resource? Also, does anyone know where I can find the supposed 100+ CRM web parts for SharePoint?? thanks, A...

outlook office 2007
how many conputers can outlook office 2007 be loaded onto? "sadixon" <sadixon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D841D8F1-29AF-4088-9E71-0AF49A594261@microsoft.com... > how many conputers can outlook office 2007 be loaded onto? depends. where did you buy it, how many licenses did you buy and what does the Eula say? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-s...

[ANN] Office 2008 for Mac 12.2.1 available now
Office 2008 for Mac 12.2.1 update is live! Fixes bug where Open XML files couldn't be opened. Only English version is available now. Other languages soon. It is also not available via the Microsoft AutoUpdater (MAU) at this time. Download from Mactopia. <http://www.microsoft.com/mac/downloads.mspx> Steps for a good install: Quit all Microsoft applications including the hidden ones. Easy way, Log out of your User under the Apple menu Log in holding down the Shift key to disable all startup items Install the updater you downloaded from Mactopia Restart -- Diane Good tip f...

Install program build on Access 2003 on Window 7?
I have an application designed by a professional progammer that was built on Access 2003 with VBA. I am going to give it to students to run on their laptops. Some of them may have Vista or Window 7 operating systems. Will the application install and run? It installs with a 2003 RT version. I have found that the RT has to be removed when install on a machine with Office 2007. -- Ed Comp Analyst Whether or not it'll work on Vista or Win7 depends on whether the application was packaged correctly. Both Vista and Win7 are stricter about where the application (i.e. the MDB o...

installation fatal error
I'm try to install Microsoft Crm server 1.0 and the installation results in the follow: Installation ended prematurely because of an error (80004005) Failed to install Microsoft CRM Server.". "Failed to Install MSI part of Microsoft CRM Server Setup.". "Unspecified error". "(80004005)". I'm running Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition Promoted to a DC for my child domain extranet, SQL Server 2003 with SP3 running same Domain, SQL Authentication Windows Only CRM never seems to create the database but create a OBDC connection using Administrator ...

Office 2007 and Office 2008
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Does anybody know about these issue: When I open MS Office files made from MS Office 2007 (Windows version), why documents not appear exactly same in the screen? Ex. Power Point file: some characters changed, missing picture, error location. Word: missing table, table size changed Is these because of compatibility issue between them? I have updated my Office in my Mac to latest version 12.1.7 but the problems still persist. Please advice, Thank you. On 4/23/09 3:10 AM, in a...

Updates not installed
KB976884, KB976416, and KB977304 have failed numerous times. Why? Is there a specific reason? What can I do? Cherry wrote: > KB976884, KB976416, and KB977304 have failed numerous times. Why? > Is there a specific reason? What can I do? So you have Microsoft Works and Microsoft Office 2007 installed? Or just Microsoft Works and some 'viewers' for Microsoft Office 2007? Or had Works installed but installed Office 2007 and did not fully remove Works? Or just Outlook 2007 and InfoPath 2007 and Microsoft Works? Have you tried downloading the patches manually and ...

Failed Installation after 2nd 22 hours download!
Tks both Mary and John. Successfully downloaded Office Publisher to desktop, but installation failed. My 6 week old new system has caused me DAYS of unsuccessful attempts at rectifying Vista issues. I not able to do much more than surf the net with it. I'm at my wits end. I may just take the entire system back and wait until the tech issues have been resolved. I'm in the thick of setting up my own business and have spent more time trying to "fix" my computer than on my business set up. LOVE the Vista improvements, but the "EASE" of using XP is gone. This produc...

Microsoft query returns no data, Office 2000, Excel
I run a query in Microsoft excel, with Microsoft access as the data source This spread sheet is accessed throughout our company, and works fine on all PC's but one The query returns no data on this particular PC In addition it does not return any errors Could someone assist me regarding this quandary ...

Installing EX2007 setup /prepareAD
I'm doing a fresh install of Exchange 2007 in a new forest that has no Exchange existing in it and had a few easy questions. My root domain DC is running 32 bit Windows 2003 R2 and my Exchange 2007 x64 install is going in a child domain on 64 bit Windows 2003 R2. I need to run the Setup /PrepareAD from the root domain DC since it is the Schema master machine. I have downloaded the 32 bit version of Exchange 2007 to do this - this is not a problem is it since I will just be using it run setup /prepareAD and /PrepareDomain ? Is there a better way to do this? Also the Setup /Prepare...

Emails saved to network drive
Hello, Our AR dept is saving hundreds of emails as .msg on a shared network drive. These emails contain .xls attachments that we would like to batch print without having to open each file and each attachment and click print. I have some vba code from a prior thread that will work within Outlook but don't know how to get all these .msg into my inbox. Any suggestions? Thank you in advance :) Cathy You can open an *.msg file with the CreateItemFromTemplate function. -- Best regards Michael Bauer - MVP Outlook Manage and share your categories: <http://...

Where is out of office assistant
Hello, I followed the help instructions to find the out of office assistant on the tools menu and it's not there. I did not see it on the customize menus box either. Can anyone tell me where else to look? Thanks, Brian In article <004601c3462d$a5942d10$a301280a@phx.gbl>, bharrin1 @maine.rr.com says... > Hello, > > I followed the help instructions to find the out of office > assistant on the tools menu and it's not there. I did not > see it on the customize menus box either. Can anyone tell > me where else to look? > > Thanks, > > Bri...

Why doesn't Office X recognize FileMaker Pro 7
Recently upgraded FileMaker Pro from from version 5 to version 7. But when I went to make labels, using the Data Merge Manager in Word, it only recognized the old FileMaker Pro files not the new databases. What needs to be done to have the new databases recognized by Office? Sorry, Microsoft Office's Data Merge Manager cannot read FileMaker 7 databases, because it uses a different structure than the previous versions of FileMaker with which the Data Merge Manager was designed for use. I don't know if there is an option to save in a previous version format; that sounds like it wo...

How can I remove a network connection/workgroup in Win 7?
Hi, I have recently purchased a new laptop with Windows 7 Home Premium and McAfee antivirus. After I connected the laptop to the local network (don't remember if I created a network connection in Win 7 in the laptop or .), the desktop running Win XP Pro, SP 3 lost access to the workgroup (doesn't find even itself on the workgroup/LAN, while Internet works fine). After some struggle I found that McAfee has a feature that excludes PC:s not having McAfee installed on them! Now to my question: Can McAfee really change settings on other PC:s (?), so that the desktop...

Installing RMS SP2 on W2K domain controller & clients
Just wanted to know in advance if this is ok. The RMS SP2 directions are very general re: computers, so I assume it doesnt matter, but our server install of RMS is running on a W2Ksp4 DC, with SQL ServerSP2. Dont want to break anything, so any insights are appreciated. The desktops are either XPsp1A or W2K sp3 /sp4. XPsp2 still is causing others hedaches, and really dont want to deal with it right now, have not installed it yet. Thanks Also, our server install is in a data path E:\PROG FILES\MSFT RMS\ETC, not on the C: partition. Is this an issue? I have read the post below re: 10 st...