Inserting text closing or begining salutations in Office 2007

hi.

I am starting to get to grips with Office 2007.

I like the program and it's changes, but I am struggling to find some of the
items I used to use in the previous version.

For instance, how do I add closing and opening salutations such as "yours
sincerily" or "dear sir" etc that we used to be able to do in the version
before this.

I have looked, but can't sem to find it anywhere.

I appreciate any help or pointers with this.

Many thanks.

Counting Repeated text or duplicates in a list
I need a simple formula to count the total number of repeated text in a list (column). Say there is thousands of entries (confirmation numbers) both numeric, alphabetic and alpha-numeric but many of the entries are repeats. How can I calculate in one cell the total number of repeated instances in the list? And I can't sort the list, just calculate the number of repeated instances in the list just the way it is, and the list is still growing, so I need the formula to be able to count all instances in the list even as they are being added. plz help ! =COUNTA(A1:A50)-SUMPRODUCT((...

how to select multiple text boxes in excel for formatting
I am trying to select multiple text boxes for formatting the font but seem unable to select all of them other than to click on each one individually. Is there an easy way to select all of the text boxes at once? To select multiple objects on the sheet -- Click on one object Hold the Ctrl key, and click on additional objects To select all the objects on the sheet -- Choose Edit>Go To, click Special Select Objects, click OK Or, to work with specific objects, you can add the 'Select Multiple Objects' tool to one of your toolbars: Choose Tools>Customize Select the Commands tab...

Compatibility Pack for Office 2007
This may be a stupid question, but... We are in the process of migrating from Office 2003 to Office 2007. We had deployed the Compatibility Pack to all our Office 2003 users a year or more ago so they could read documents created outside our company. My question is... Is there any need or value to keep the Compatibility Pack installed after installing Office 2007? Thanks, Tom In article <OP$RtKsmKHA.6096@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl>, Tom K wrote: > This may be a stupid question, but... > > We are in the process of migrating from Office 2003 to Office 200...

2007 Schema Prep #2
I extended my AD last night for 2007 and have a few questions to verify it was successful: I have a root domain (domain.local) that houses my schema master and a child domain (domain.net) that has Exchange 2003. I ran setup /prepareAD then ran setup /preparedomain: domain.net and both said they completed successfully. However, I was expecting to see the new OU (Microsoft Exchange Security Groups) in my child domain. It is present in my root domain. Is that all correct? In my child domain I now have a new global security group call Exchange Install Domain Servers. Last thing, the D...

Inserting formulas with PL/SQL
I'm not familiar with PL/SQL, but my friend is using it to place data into an Excel spreadsheet. She can place strings into the spreadsheet, but cannot figure out how to put in formulas. Specifically, she is trying to place web links into a column of cells. She is able to put in 'http://www...' as a string, but then cannot link from the cell. I suggested using Excel's hyperlink function, but again it ends up as a string, not a function. .... .... owa_util.mime_header(ccontent_type =>'application/vnd.ms-excel'); htp.p('ID;ORACLE'); htp.p('...

hanging on close of Money 2004
When I end what I am doing in Money 2004 and press the X (close) button in the top right corner, it is not completing the backup of the file it automatically makes. I have nearly determined the problem to be StuffIt Deluxe 9.0, and more correctly the new feature built into it, ZipFolders. They do have an option to disable ZipFolders in certain programs. I would like to know what is the name of the program that creates backups in MS Money 2004. If I am able to disable ZipFolders while this program is running, this should solve my problem. Thank you in advance. In microsoft.public...

Office 2001 for Mac help needed!
As an undergrad, I received a copy of Microsoft Office 2001 for Mac and it is installed on my iMac that I used there. However, I just bought a new MacBook for graduate school and need to install Office on that computer now, but when I put the disk in and double click on install it wont work. All of the icons have an x on them and I believe it says it "This application cannot run on this system" or something to that effect. HELP! I need Office asap since classes start this week! Thank you Laura Hi Laura - Your best bet is to hie thee to the university bookstore & get the u...

Word problems 2003 and 2007 version
hey everyone both on my main computer and my brothers laptop word isnt working! its so annoying! on my desktop PC i have windows xp and word 2003. after getting a virus which stopped the internet from working i had to do a system restore - which got rid of the virus. but when i click on word it says that "this shortcut only applies to installed products", and when i go to word through program files it says "this product is not installed on this user" - but there is no setup thing i can press - will i need the disc maybe? on my bro's laptop he got the sa...

Using Outlook client for CRM 3.0 in a remote office
I need to set up access to the corporate CRM from several remote offices. All of them have VPN connections (Windows or Checkpoint). What are the steps required to configure remote clients to be able to use CRM features in Outlook. Remote users can connect to CRM through Internet Expolorer. Thanks. Assuming they are connected, the isntallation over a VPN connection should not be any different than a typicaly installation. If the connection is slow though, the first synch & Go Offline process will be noticiably slower though. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "mkatsev"...

SpellCheck Will it work on the Access 2007 Runtime?
I have a program that I have compiled. It has the following. Private Sub cmdSpellCheck_Click() Me.Call_Notes.SetFocus RunCommand acCmdSpelling End Sub Is this going to work on a runtime or will I need a full version of Access to use it? You can simulate using the runtime of A2007 quite easily for testing. To do it, change the extension of the file from accdb to accdr. Jeanette Cunningham MS Access MVP -- Melbourne Victoria Australia "Avid Fan" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message news:ulRyIhQ4KHA.4804@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... >I have a program t...

Switching X Y axis in PP 2007
How do make the vertical axis the horizonal one and vice versa? -- etf Does Switch Row/Column on the Chart Tools Design tab do what you want? -- Echo [MS PPT MVP] http://www.echosvoice.com What's new in PPT 2010? http://www.echosvoice.com/2010.htm Fixing PowerPoint Annoyances http://tinyurl.com/36grcd PowerPoint 2007 Complete Makeover Kit http://tinyurl.com/32a7nx "etf" <etf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:28669E0E-1FF7-47CB-9ED2-1769248A651E@microsoft.com... > How do make the vertical axis the horizonal one and vice versa? > -...

Does Office 2008 English include other languages?

Newbee needs help Combo Box access 2007
I have a access 2000 project that would all me to create a combo box the added the following code , so the values from the combo box would be stored in the current form . also when typing the code below access 2000 would bring up the code string example when typing me.s it would bring up the value "shipper" from the field list is this feature gone or just turned off on my copy Example of code From Access 2000 Private Sub Combo 40_AfterUpdate(cancel As Integer) me.shipper = me.combo40.Column(0) me.Address = me.combo40.Column(1) error This error occurs whe...

Excel 2007 text flash (or blink)
This might have been asked before but if so I'm not finding it when I use a google groups search, mainly because of either none or too many answers returned depending on which keywords I use. Is it possible to make the text and/or the background in any individual cells to flash or blink ? In detail what I need to do is have a cell with a solid black background, text which is yellow, but blinking at a slow cadence, 1 sec on 1 sec off in such a way that it looks as if the text in the cell is flashing between off and on like a flashing light. -- Nick hi also have a look...

Outlook Express 2007
Outlook express 2007 1. How do you see the setting for the OUTLOOK EXPRESS 2007 filter settings ? 2. What kind of spam filter will work on outlook express 2007? 3. how do yu add a spam filter for yur ms exchange srv 2003 ? There is no such product as Outlook Express 2007. Do you mean Outlook 2007? Outlook and Outlook Express are two different programs. "mr hamid" <mr.hamid.4c70dh@no.email.invalid> wrote in message news:mr.hamid.4c70dh@no.email.invalid... : : Outlook express 2007 : 1. How do you see the setting for the OUTLOOK EXPRESS 2007 filter : setting...

CRM 4.0 - Word 2007 - mail merge
OK, so I've read a number of blogs detailing the mail merge process. Open in Word, save as XML, import to CRM, edit and add the mail merge fields. Simple, right? My organization has about a dozen mail merge templates which worked very well in CRM 3.0. I was fully aware I would probably have better luck just re-creating them in CRM 4.0. No biggie. I've done so and mail merge in CRM 4.0 is ... shall we say less than stellar. Mail merge on the Contact entity does not work at all. For any user. Mail merge on the Account and Opp entities works sporadically. Literally from one user to th...

Sharing Capabilities in Office 2004
We're looking to have everyone in the office (all Macs) have access to a shared contact management system. Basically we want to be able to see the contacts we all share, post notes to each, see each others calendars, etc. Will getting everyone on office 2004 do the trick? As long as we're on a LAN will we be able to share this info, or do we also need a server to serve this up? Rich You should ask on the Entourage newsgroup, as that would be the program handling something like this. http://groups.google.com/groups?group=microsoft.public.mac.office.entourage On 11/22/06 12:34 PM, ...

Preprend Text Where Cell Not Empty
Good evening I have a spreadsheet used as a data source for a Word mail merge. The address data has "address1", "address2", etc. Address2 is used store apartment or unit numbers, but does not have a text prefix, just the bare number (Ex. "104"). I want to prepend a "#" before the apartment number (Ex. "# 104"). I generally get the concept that I want to the select the entire column to as a range, and increment down the column. However, if the cell is empty (as would be the case for a house), then we want to skip the cell w...

Word 2007 Unrestricted Access?
I have a file that a customer sent. Under Protect Document > Unrestricted Access is checked. Another person in the office has made changes with the Track Changes on. They were able to save the file, but we cannpt accept the changes because we get a message that says the document is protected. What exactly does "Unrestricted Access" mean? How do we accept changes? Thanks for any assistance you can give me. -- marcia "Unrestricted Access" means anyone can read and change the document, so you or the other employee should be able to accept or reject track...

Text to Column effecting automatically
Hi, Let's say I copy following text from some ASCII file and paste in to excel. Wer-67843-PLOU Qty-34r5-ASDE Then I use Excel's text to column feature on above and parse it with Hyphen as delimter. Wer 67843 PLOU Qty 34r5 ASDE Well and Good. Next time I copy text with similar structure from ASCII file and paste in to the ABOVE excel SESSION the parsing happens automatically. Now, sometimes I would like this to happen automatically while sometimes not (In the second case I have to go to the trouble of starting new excel sessions). Can this be feature be toggled on or off at use...

Convert Date Field to Text
I have created 2 tables, a Day table and Month table. I have two fields in both, Day table has Day, Text; Month table has Month, Text. I have a query combining the two so the query has Day, Days_Text, Month, Months_Text. What i wanted to do on one of my forms is have a date field using the short date so i can have the numeric value of course, is if the day of the month format is 'dd' or 'mm' it would look into either the table or query and bring back the text value, same for the month. Example: day '11', would read 'Eleventh', and month '09' would r...

automatic insertion of row
If I insert one row to a block of data in one sheet, how can this be automatically added to another sheet with the same block of data? Thanks Group the worksheets prior to inserting the row by selecting the first worksheet then hold down the Ctrl key while selecting other worksheets. -- Hope this helps. If it does, please click the Yes button. Thanks in advance for your feedback. Gary Brown "renegade" wrote: > If I insert one row to a block of data in one sheet, how can this be > automatically added to another sheet with the same block of data? Thanks ...

Why isn't the selected text replaced when I start typing?
When I select text and and start typing, the selected text is not replaced and remains as it was after what I typed. This also happens when I paste. This only happens with Microsoft Word. (I have Word 2003.) How can you stop this from happening? Tools | Options... and on the Edit tab ensure that 'Typing replaces selection' is selected. -- Cheers! Gordon Bentley-Mix "Phi96" <Phi96@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4307E265-CDA1-41C4-9241-A18CF57BD2E3@microsoft.com... > When I select text and and start typing, the selected text is no...

Insert Column 2007
aHello I have recently installed Access 2007. When I'm in the Design View of any query the icon to Insert Column is greyed out and unavailable. I have closed the query, the datebase and restarted the PC, Access and checked different queries, different databases and the problem persists. Any ideas? Judith Try to mark a column & Hit Insert Pieter "JudithJubilee" <JudithJubilee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7A44F079-25D2-4B1A-9AD2-89F76BEDCD30@microsoft.com... > aHello > > I have recently installed Access 2007. When I'm in the Desi...

CRM 3.0 LaptopClient installation won't find Outllook 2007
Hi all, I tried to install the LaptopClients of my CRM 3.0 on my WinXP SP2 with Office 2007 machine. The installations stops, by saying me: "Es konnte nicht ermittelt werden, ob eine unterst´┐Żtzte Version von Microsoft Outlook installiert ist. Weitere Informationen finden Sie in der Protokolldatei 'C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\" which means basicly, "...couldn't figure out, if an supported Version of Outlook is installed". On the other hand, when I Start Outlook at the same time it says me at the same time "...please close Outlook for installation"...