Inserting text closing or begining salutations in Office 2007

hi.

I am starting to get to grips with Office 2007.

I like the program and it's changes, but I am struggling to find some of the
items I used to use in the previous version.

For instance, how do I add closing and opening salutations such as "yours
sincerily" or "dear sir" etc that we used to be able to do in the version
before this.

I have looked, but can't sem to find it anywhere.

I appreciate any help or pointers with this.

Many thanks.

change color in many text box
I have a form which takes information from a query. The information is orizontally aranged in the many text boxes . I would like to know how can i change the background color of the text box on the row by just doubleclicking on that particular row. Give me some suggestions please! ANY IDEEA, "florin" <florin_serban@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:ercv$ytcIHA.5164@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... >I have a form which takes information from a query. > The information is orizontally aranged in the many text boxes . > I would like to know how can i change the background colo...

Replacing cell with text
Hi, I want to know if it is possible to do the following: Imagine I have a legend in which I say which text corresponds to whic letters ex: John -> J Harry -> H Susan -> S and what I want to do is when entering J, H or S in a cell, it wil change to the corresponding text. Is there a way of doing it without having to run a macro ? Thanks in advance Pedr ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com Go to Tools > AutoCorrect Options (XL2002) and insert new...

Outlook 2002 auto inserting email address
When I use Outlook 2002 to attach a document, spreadsheet or presentation to an email message, Outlook sticks four items in the document's File | Properties | Custom dialog box. They're called: _AdHocReviewCycleID _AuthorEmail _AuthorEmailDisplayName _EmailSubject I see this as an invasion of my privacy. how can I stop Outlook and all other office XP products from doing this? You can control the "Automatic Review" option off in Outlook by going to Tools/Options/Preferences/Email Options/Advanced Email Options and turning off "Add properties to attachments to enabl...

Looking for sounds Office 2004
I'm looking for sounds for office 2004 - not the default sets that come with Office. I've seen a few - but they did not work with OS X products. Can anyone point me to a selection of sounds for Office 2004? I'm running OSX 10.3.5. and keep my OS updated with the security updates, etc. Thanks! Do you mean sound sets for Entourage? If so, you can find several here: <http://www.soundsetcentral.com/> On 10/8/04 3:38 PM, in article BD8C64F4.1366%njsmith@InfoSmiths.com, "Neva Smith" <njsmith@InfoSmiths.com> wrote: > I'm looking for sounds for office 2...

Converting Text Values to Dates
Is there a way to convert a column of text, date values (entered as 81096, for example) to valid date format, 8/10/96? I could not get the DATEVALUE function to do this. Hi! Select the range of cells in question. Goto Data>Text to Columns Click NEXT twice Select Column Data Format: DATE. Then choose the format from the drop down Finish Biff "Frank Winston" <FrankWinston@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7CAF0A61-E8A7-4D18-B035-0D475E9A858C@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to convert a column of text, date values (entered as 81096, > for example...

OL2000 Text disappears for certain recipients
Hello, There's been a problem the last few days with the Outlook 2000 in the office I work. Certain users will reply to emails, but only most of the recipients will be to read the reply. Some just see the original message, with the reply text at the top completely gone. This is kind of nerve wrecking, since it's intermittent and not predictable. None of the Outlooks are formatted with rich text, and we use an ISP's email service. Any thoughts/suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Oh, and the OS's are either Win 2000 or XP. Thanks! ...

Inserting Columns in Excel
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel I have just switched from a Dell to an Imac. I have such a basic question. I cannot insert rows or columns. It says something like can't shift data off of page. Any ideas? On 7/8/08 10:47 PM, in article 59b539bd.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "Ex_Windows_User@officeformac.com" <Ex_Windows_User@officeformac.com> wrote: > Version: 2008 > Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) > Processor: intel > > I have just switched from a Dell to an Imac. I have such a basic question. I > cannot...

XSLT Plain Text is Indented
Hi All, I'm having some trouble getting my XSLT to transform correctly. VS.NET addeds Indentations: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?> <xsl:stylesheet version="1.0" xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform"> <xsl:output method="text" indent="no" /> <xsl:param name="Name"/> <xsl:template match="/"> Hello <xsl:value-of select="$Name" />, We have received your e-mail, and your question is in the process of being routed to the appropriat...

User form Default value in text box
Hi all. Quick question. I have a user form in excel which has a text box which i want to have the value defaulted to the current date. I've looked at several posting on this site but haven't gotten it to work yet. Any ideas on how to set the text box with the current date as a default value? Any help or direction is appreciated. Thanks. -- Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/excel-programming/201006/1 Hi, Try this way Private Sub UserForm_Activate() TextBox1.Text = Date End Sub -- Mike When competing hypotheses are oth...

Office 2010 retail
2 questions 1. Office used DOCx by default. Many users have older ver that only reads DOC. How can I change the default to DOC? 2. Line spacong by default is greater than 1 normal space. How can I change the default to the second line spacing option from the ribbon? -- Art Artsr3;1777323 Wrote: > 2 questions > 1. Office used DOCx by default. Many users have older ver that only > reads > DOC. How can I change the default to DOC? > > 2. Line spacong by default is greater than 1 normal space. How can I > change > the default to the second l...

Menu Maker and Excel 2007
Hi all I see that John Walkenbach's Menu Maker doesn't require much modification to work with the QAT. Is there a similar method for building a custom Ribbon tab or group? Thanks in advance Paul Martin Melbourne, Australia Hi, Check out Mike's menu builder for 2007. http://www.datapigtechnologies.com/freeware.htm Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "Paul Martin" <melbournefilm@gmail.com> wrote in message news:40c5f73c-9e78-43f5-b4fd-d3f84097837c@f20g2000vbl.googlegroups.com... > Hi all > &...

Installing Project Trial On Top Of Office Enterprise
I've previously purchased and installed MS Office Enterprise 2007 on my computer with its own 25 character product key. I'm attempting to download and install a trial version of MS Project Standard 2007 and was given a different 25 char key for that. The trial literature refers to the trial as "MS Office" and I'm concerned about overlaying my current Office installation or having it compromised as a result of installing this Project trial. Any comments about how MS manages this? -- Thank you, Bill S Bill S wrote: >I've previously purchased...

Excel 2007 sorting bug?
If an Excel 2007 sheet (#1) has formula referenced cells to another sheet (#2), and if the column in sheet (#2) containing the referenced cells is then A-Z sorted on the value then the original references in sheet #1 get lost as they are now pointing to different cells. Is this an Excel 2007 bug? Why after the sort does the relative position not move so keeping the correct references?. I have not used $ in the cell address. Beemer No, this is not a bug. If you have cells on Sheet1 pointing to other cells on Sheet2 with a direct reference like =Sheet2!B1, then if you change the c...

software update problem in $2007 H&B
I've installed Money 2007 H&B and my location is China.Then every time I launched the program,it says something like "To operate correctly,click 'ok' to let Money download the software update." But if I click 'OK',after it download autoupdate.dll(.cab) and autoupdate.xml,it alarms "A software update is already in progress.Please try again when the update is complete." How can I solve the problem ? By the way , can i download the software update manually? I'm having the same problem, and i cannot find the update on microsoft's website...

Import Text Wizard
I'm trying to open a .txt file from Windows that starts the Import Text Wizard automatically. All I've managed so far is to actually open it, yet if you open a text file in Excel it starts the wizard itself. Gary ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ I believe that the Text Import Wizard runs automatically from the user interface. You can run it from Data, Text to Columns after the file is opened. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP ...

sending email in outlook 2007 is not working
sending email in outlook 2007 is not working. My gut tells me it has something to do with the setup. What happens and what does the error message say -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "matt" <matt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A9819497-A904-4827-8A8B-CFFB88E08B16@microsoft.com... > sending email in outlook 2007 is not working. My gut tells me it has > something to do with the setup. > ...

How do I wrap text for formulaes
I have a worksheet with a lot of formulaes - need to print on a single sheet but cannot seem to wrap text them - any ideas will be welcomed. TIA, Naz --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ I'm not sure if this works for formulas, but it certainly works for text. Highlight the cells you need to wrap, in the menu, click "format", "cells", click the "Alignment" tab, then put a checkmark in the box beside "Wrap text". If that doesn't work, someone else will have to come with a different fix. You might have to change your row h...

Excel 2007 ERROR MSGS
I am using the Trial Office 2007. I have no problems with the other programs, but when I open Excel 2007 I get the following msg: MS Visual Basic Compile Error in Hiidden Module: AutoExecNew When I try to close the program I get this error: MS Visual Basic Compile Error in Hidden Module: DistMon Does anyone know what this means and how I can fix it? Thank you. Google is your friend http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&aq=t&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4GFRD_en___US219&q=autoexecnew http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&aq=t&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4GFRD_en__...

Installing Office 2007 and keep getting earlier fersion error
I have tried the uninstall utility in Windows XP for a trial version of Office 2003. The install of Office 2007 keeps telling me the 2003 version is still there. This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------040201090908050807090708 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit How long has it been since you installed Office 2003 "Trial Version"? Also please confirm that YOU REALLY MEAN OFFICE 2003 and not Office 2007. These are two different products doing almost identical things like writing a letter to ...

Why if I insert a blank row in a sheet does the auto complete, for
Please repost your question in the body of a message... In article <EE1E49B1-8DCE-4C83-A753-46AAF8543B6B@microsoft.com>, "Bylin" <Bylin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: I have built a spreadsheet that uses the same names over and over but because I have an empty row between each pair of entries, the text doesn't fill in automatically when I start typing in a cell below a blank row. Any ideas? "JE McGimpsey" wrote: > Please repost your question in the body of a message... > > In article <EE1E49B1-8DCE-4C83-A753-46AAF8543B6B@microsoft.c...

Re: Text fomula
sorry. this is not working on subsequent experiments apologise. R.VENKATARAMAN <$$$$vram26@vsnl$$$.net$$$> wrote in message news:... > try type in H1 > > =IF(OR(COUNTIF(D5:D16,"apple"),COUNTIF(D5:D16,"pears"),COUNTIF(D5:D16,"cherr > y"))>=1,TRUE,FALSE) > > your data is in d5 to d16. > > do you get what you want. > > may be tortuous to write .may be bugs in it. try the experiment > > ==================================== > Jack Sons <j.sons@planet.nl> wrote in message > news:#FmG41mEFHA.464@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.g...

changing text case
Is there a way to change the text case in Excel? Ex. from all caps to Sentence case, etc. See: http://www.officearticles.com/excel/change_the_case_of_text_in_cells_in_microsoft_excel.htm ************ Hope it helps! Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "Linda B" <LindaB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A0BCD63F-3E4F-4F18-9FFD-8310E5840C8A@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to change the text case in Excel? > > Ex. from all caps to Sentence case, etc. Excel supports conversion to upper, lower or proper case, but it has no sentence case. I created this ...

Project 2007 PWA + Outlook 2003 = CRASH
We have MS Project 2007 SP1 with MS Outlook SP3. Periodically when we synch outlook, it crashes outlook and / or IE 6. Can not find definative information on how to fix.... Please advise. Thanks -- Thank you George E. Haney III, PMP, MCP George, There are usually some basic things to try first, and you don't mention anything that you may have tried, such as re-installing to repair the installation of the applications. If that's not helpful, you might post back with more information, such as other Office applications you might be using in conjunction, wha...

how do I insert an envelope into an existing word document?
I would like to attach an envelope into an existing word document in order to accomplish both tasks of printing a letter and an envelope addressed to that individual using mail merge. With the document open, go to Tools | Letters and Mailings | Envelopes and Labels. On the Labels tab, create your envelope (if you have the address selected in your document, it will be automatically inserted) and click Add to Document. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "cruza2" <cruza2@discussions.microsoft....

Out of Office failure
I am running Exchange 2003 (with Outlook 2003 clients) on a SBS 2003 server. A user has set up Out of Office If the email is from an internal address It Works If the email is from an external address It Fails No error message is generated - can anyone help. Many thanks Martin I believe the default configuration of Exchange 2003 is to not allow out of office notifications lose on the internet. This can be turned on via ESM, but you might want to keep in mind that the feature might introduce mail loops. "Martin Smulian" <martin@msmulian.demon.co.uk> wrote in mess...