How to install a program on a Acer Aspire One

Hello I got the Acer Aspire One netbook computer. It does not have a CD
reader. I would like to install the following program: Microsoft Office
Standard Edition 2003 for students and teachers.

I already have the program installed om my first computer. Microsoft in
Sweden said that I was allowed to use the program on 3 computers so I want it
in the Acer also. I have bought the program properly and I have the product
key as well as the installation cd:s. I was hoping to find some homepage to
download the program in exchange for my product key or something.

1. Doesn´t it work that way?
2. Can I copy some file regarding the Office program on my first and mail it
to the Acer? Which one?
3. Any other way to do it?

/Ove

"Ove" <Ove@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello I got the Acer Aspire One netbook computer. It does not have a CD
> reader. I would like to install the following program: Microsoft Office
> Standard Edition 2003 for students and teachers.
>
> I already have the program installed om my first computer. Microsoft in
> Sweden said that I was allowed to use the program on 3 computers so I want
> it
> in the Acer also. I have bought the program properly and I have the
> product
> key as well as the installation cd:s. I was hoping to find some homepage
> download the program in exchange for my product key or something.
>
> 1. Doesn´t it work that way?
> 2. Can I copy some file regarding the Office program on my first and mail
> it
> to the Acer? Which one?
> 3. Any other way to do it?
>
> /Ove

Three ways to do it. There are NO download options available.

1.  Purchase a USB external CD/DVD drive which will allow you to install
this and any other CD/DVD program and to also burn CD/DVDs in the future.
They aren't really expensive.
2.  Go to a computer that has a CD/DVD drive and copy the entire CD/DVD to a
USB flash drive that will hold at least 500 MB.  Then plug that drive into
the netbook and install from there.
3.  If you have a home network, map the desktop's CD/DVD drive on the
netbook, put the CD/DVD in the desktop computers drive and install from
there.

Option 1 has the greatest long term benefit.

0
LVTravel
2/14/2010 6:05:28 AM
Hello LVTravel. Just wanted to say that I tried your alternative 2. It worked
beautifully. Thank you./Ove

> Hello LVTravel. Just wanted to say that I tried your alternative 2. It
> worked
> beautifully. Thank you./Ove
>
> "LVTravel" wrote:
>

>> "Ove" <Ove@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hello I got the Acer Aspire One netbook computer. It does not have a CD
>> > reader. I would like to install the following program: Microsoft Office
>> > Standard Edition 2003 for students and teachers.
>> >
>> > I already have the program installed om my first computer. Microsoft in
>> > Sweden said that I was allowed to use the program on 3 computers so I
>> > want
>> > it
>> > in the Acer also. I have bought the program properly and I have the
>> > product
>> > key as well as the installation cd:s. I was hoping to find some
>> > homepage
>> > download the program in exchange for my product key or something.
>> >
>> > 1. Doesn´t it work that way?
>> > 2. Can I copy some file regarding the Office program on my first and
>> > mail
>> > it
>> > to the Acer? Which one?
>> > 3. Any other way to do it?
>> >
>> > /Ove
>>
>> Three ways to do it. There are NO download options available.
>>
>> 1.  Purchase a USB external CD/DVD drive which will allow you to install
>> this and any other CD/DVD program and to also burn CD/DVDs in the future.
>> They aren't really expensive.
>> 2.  Go to a computer that has a CD/DVD drive and copy the entire CD/DVD
>> to a
>> USB flash drive that will hold at least 500 MB.  Then plug that drive
>> into
>> the netbook and install from there.
>> 3.  If you have a home network, map the desktop's CD/DVD drive on the
>> netbook, put the CD/DVD in the desktop computers drive and install from
>> there.
>>
>> Option 1 has the greatest long term benefit.
>>
>> .

Thanks for posting back

0
LVTravel

Two profiles sharing one email account/pst?
I have a laptop, Win XP Pro & Office XP, that I use at work logging in as user/domain. At home I log in as user/laptop. The first time I used it at home & tried to check mail (mail was originally set up at work), it went through the motions to set up a new email account. Surely, I can share the same mail account or pst between profiles, but how? Thanks find the pst from work on your computer - if windows explorer, tools, options, view hidden files and folders is not set to show hidden files and folders, change it and then browse to C:\Documents and Settings\work_username\Local Setti...

Installed Second Exchange 2007SP1
I have ABC domain with two Sites STL and GVL. I had my exchange server 2007SP1 installed in STL. Now GVL installed a Exchange 2007SP1 server. All looks good but I get the following error message from time to time in the EMC on my Server in STL. There is a Firewall between us should there be some ports open for them to communicate. Thanks for your help! -------------------------------------------------------- Microsoft Exchange Error -------------------------------------------------------- The following error(s) were reported while loading topology information: Get-ActiveSync...

How do I get text to copy from one cell to another ?
Type = in the target cell. MouseClick the cell containing text. Pres Enter key -- Brian ----------------------------------------------------------------------- BrianB's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=5 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27034 ...

Bad certificate at Bank One?
I'm getting the error message when connecting to Bank One: "Money cannot establish secure communication with the Internet, banking, or brokerage server because the server's digital certificate is invalid. If the problem persists, contact your Financial Institution (OFXIE12038)." I wonder if the latest security updates to IE6 have anything to do with this ... -- Aloke ---- to reply by e-mail remove 123 and change invalid to com In microsoft.public.money, Aloke Prasad wrote: >I'm getting the error message when connecting to Bank One: > >"Money cannot e...

Incorporating detail of one sheet into another. #2
There are 2 excel worksheet. I would like to incorporate detail of sheet 2 into sheet1. e.g Sheet2 Contain the following details A B C D E F G Agent1 Agent2 Agent3 Agent4 Agent5 1 Apple Cycle 2 Mango Car 3 Banana Bus 4 Coconut Motor and so on in coloumn c , d , e,f and g. Now what I would like to do is If in sheet 1 If I select Agent 1 all the detail of sheet2 which has column as agent1 should appear exactly as it is in sheet2. And the same thing for Column B, c ...

How can I have more than 64000 rows in one sheet?
I want to import an access database in one excel sheet, it requires 200.000 rows. Any suggestions? "blafblaf" <blafblaf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C3D0F75D-7F4E-4F76-95F3-72D7F3AE8D7A@microsoft.com... >I want to import an access database in one excel sheet, it requires 200.000 > rows. Any suggestions? Hi BlafBlaf, The current worksheet row limit of 65536 is not expected to be increased in the immediately foreseeable future. To import your database to Excel, it would therefore be necessary to pass 64k tranches to each of four worksheets. This...

Reporting Services not installed
Hi all, I have installed crm and reporting services but when I go into a report, display it and then hit print I get an popup box saying.... "Do you want to install this software? Name: Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services" Can anyone help please Thanks Jools There's an ActiveX control each client machine needs in order to print SQL Reports from CRM. It's a one-time 5-second install. -- Matt Wittemann, CRM MVP http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "Jools" wrote: > Hi all, > > I have installed crm and reporting services but when I go into a report, ...

one page academic calendar for 2004-05
Where can I find a one page academic calendar for 2004-05 with room for notes In Publisher, go to File > New > Print Publication > Calendar and create your own. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com ~pay it forward~ This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "shopperbev" <shopperbev@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0940CD82-2A40-4932-982A-122ABFB41497@microsoft.com... > Where can I find a one page academic calendar for 2004-05 with room for > notes ...

Only one line in Money invoice
I have been using Money 2007 Home & Business to create and print invoices. This program has run with no problems for some time. However, just recently, it will only allow one item to print on the invoice. I can enter more than one item, and the invoice entry will show the additional items, but when printed only one item will show up. I have tried backing up my Money file to a spare disk, deleting the program and the associated mny and mbf files from the computer, reinstalling the program and reloading the backup. The same fault immediately occurs. Strangely, I have now installed the sam...

Installation errors. 01-09-04
I'm setting up CRM 1.2 on a completely clean test environment of windows 2000 servers. Near the end of the installation a message pops up "Setup was unable to register the security service." What could be causing this The usual story: To get the MCCRMSecurityService starting, have you tried re-registering it as follows: On your crm server, at command prompt, go to program files - microsoft crm - bin, then run these commands crmsecurityservice -u crmsecurityservice -r -s Peter Lynch "J. Bridger" <Bridger@nospam.ofllc.com> wrote in message news:0aa001c3d6...

Installing Outlook 2003 using Custom Wizard
I am installing Outlook 2003 using the custom installation wizard. This was working fine for some time. Now, someone in my group must have modified the settings because when I install Office using this MST file the local Outlook Contacts are not showing in the GAL. When I go to the properties and try to add it the check box for "Show this folder as an email address book" is greyed out. I have to go in and manually add the Outlook Address book. Can anyone tell me what setting I can change in my Outlook custom install settings for the MST to make this available by default? ...

Hyper link one column to another
I would like to have my columns hyper link one another. For example: Click on B2 would take you to N2, and vice-versa. Click on C2 would take you to O2... and so on through column j linked to V. Is this possible without having to make the link for each cell? This is a timesheet template and the columns b though J are the hours and N through V are the text comments for those hours. When I copy the template to a new sheet, there will be no data in any column. I would like to be able to enter an amount or formula (=end-start) for time spent and then be able to click on that cell and hyperlin...

GP 10 sp1 Installation guide
Did anyone get a copy of the installation guide for the sp? I am downloading the sp but I get an "access denied" error with the docs. If so, can you email to me offline. Contact me and I will send you my email address. -- Joanne Mahoney SDN Consulting Jacksonville, FL I was able to download the install guide. Please send me your email and I will email to you. Steve Berlin steveber@hotmail.com "Joanne" wrote: > Did anyone get a copy of the installation guide for the sp? I am downloading > the sp but I get an "access denied" error with the docs. &...

Reference: many to one
I have a form in which users enter information...I keep all controls locked until the user hits a command button to unlock particular bound controls. This works really well, but becomes cumbersome to code when new controls are added; e.g., adding the new control to the several event procedures attached to the form. Can anyone tell me how to refer to a group of controls once, e.g., give them a name; and then only have to refer to that name in the future? alex Alex I'm having trouble visualizing your situation. It sounds like you are describing a form that is being regularly modified....

Says printer not installed
I'm using publisher 2003 on Windows 2000. When I try to print or use print preview I get the following message: "To print or preview a publication, at least one printer must be installed on the system." It tells me a printer has not been installed on the system if I try File to Print. I do have a printer installed. If I go into the printers folder and delete my printer, then re-add it, my documents will print. If I exit Publisher and go back into it later, I would have to do the same thing. Anyone know how to fix this?? Thanks Go to the manufacturer's web si...

Copying Publisher from One computer to another
I want to copy Publisher from my old computer to my new one, but if I can't seem to locate all the files I need to make it work on the new computer. What should I do? You can't, you have to install it from the CD. -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Rob Giordano Microsoft MVP Expression "Jasmin" <Jasmin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7EB558F1-525D-47BD-A54B-BC62C410D79E@microsoft.com... |I want to copy Publisher from my old computer to my new one, but if I can't | seem to locate all the files I need to make it work on the new computer. What | shoul...

Office 2004 SP 11.1.0 installation problems

How do I combine two worksheets into one graph
I have two worksheets on an Excel spreadsheet. I would like to take both worksheets and place in one graph. Any suggestions? Make a chart with data from one sheet. Then copy the data on the other sheet, select the chart, and use Paste Special from the Edit menu to add the copied data as New Series. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ McPowerUser wrote: > I have two worksheets on an Excel spreadsheet. I would like to take both > worksheets and place in one graph. Any suggestions? ...

Copy data from one record to a new record on a sub form
I have a form showing patient details with a sub form displaying all associated referral details for the patient. One patient can have more than one referral and I would like to be able to copy data from some of the fields on the current referral when adding a new referral for the same patient. Is this possible? Thank you for your help I am fairly new to Access code and I am having some problem following your suggestion could you please simplify. Also some of the fields on the referral records are selected via a combo box will these fields still copy? "Klatuu" wrote: > ...

Bug: MM05 online banking
MM05 uses a single login for each bank - unfortunately my brokerage (Bank of America Investment Services) uses a unique login for each account. So, I'm unable to use online banking in MS Money to sync with my brokerage and IRA accounts. If there was some way for me to duplicate the "Bank of America Investment Services" so I have two instances of the bank, I could make it work - any suggestions? In microsoft.public.money, Crimbo wrote: >MM05 uses a single login for each bank - unfortunately my brokerage (Bank of >America Investment Services) uses a unique login f...

Newbie: In a CRichEditCtrl, FindText more than one occurrence?
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_004B_01C36B32.6412DB00 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have been looking at three books and making many C++ errors for two = day now for answers to my questions. If I can help it, I save this as my = last resort. Anyway, this is my last resort. I have two questions: 1) I have a CRichEditCtrl class. I can use the FindText function to find = the first occurrence of the substring but I don't know how to find the = second++. (Or the CString or the <st...

2 Program Files folders
Hello Installing my programs on my brand new Laptop with W7. Did the Easy File Transfer, wow really easy. Now I'm installing my software. But I've noticed I have 2 Program Files in the C drive. One is "Program Files" and one is "Program Files(x86)" Can someone please explain to me what this is? The first software I installed automatically pointed to the one with (x86) Thank you J To start with it means your laptop has Windows 7 x64 (64-bit). 64-bit programs will install to the "Program Files" folder. 32-bit programs will install to th...