How do I print a background image in Word 2007 without tile?

Whoever helps me find a solution to this is pretty darn smart.

I thought this would be a piece of cake but realize now it's harder than it
seems even though it should not.

I made a beautiful letterhead for my company but have it in Jpeg

So I decided to write a contract on it with word and paste the letterhead as
a background

I did some searching on how to do this, because as usual, the most simple
and obvious option of doing something was not apparent in a Microsoft program
:(

I tried adding it as a watermark, but you only have options of
50-100-150-200 and 500% and none worked (Again no obvious available option
here to include a manual setting or 75% which might have worked), besides
that i do not want a faded looking picture using this option.

So than i did more research and found an option to add a picture through
page colors option which is next to the watermark option.

I went there (Word/Page Layout/Page Color/Fill Effects/Picture) and clicked
on fill effects than inserted a picture

It went in perfectly so i was very happy, I did print preview it showed
exactly what i wanted to print, I was also able to type on it which is what I
need to do.

But than i printed it and it came out Tiled, why?

All i simply want to do, for the love of God, is take this letterhead Jpeg
that I have and paste it on a word file and write a contract and print it

With 1 billion options why cant this simple thing be done

I was told to visit this page
https://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?gprid=8753&st=1 as well as
this page http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/word/HP051899221033.aspx

I also found these 2 poor souls who had the same problem but never got an
answer to it:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090212093456AAohO6X

http://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/thread-3673252.php

Can someone please help me figure this out?

Additional information:

I am running Microsoft Windows XP Home premium edition

Using office Word 2007

And my printer is an HP Officejet J4500 All-in-One series
Perhaps just place it in the header and stretch to fit the page?

Tom wrote:
> Whoever helps me find a solution to this is pretty darn smart.
>
> I thought this would be a piece of cake but realize now it's harder than it
> seems even though it should not.
>
> I made a beautiful letterhead for my company but have it in Jpeg
>
> So I decided to write a contract on it with word and paste the letterhead as
> a background
>
> I did some searching on how to do this, because as usual, the most simple
> and obvious option of doing something was not apparent in a Microsoft program
> :(
>
> I tried adding it as a watermark, but you only have options of
> 50-100-150-200 and 500% and none worked (Again no obvious available option
> here to include a manual setting or 75% which might have worked), besides
> that i do not want a faded looking picture using this option.
>
> So than i did more research and found an option to add a picture through
> page colors option which is next to the watermark option.
>
> I went there (Word/Page Layout/Page Color/Fill Effects/Picture) and clicked
> on fill effects than inserted a picture
>
> It went in perfectly so i was very happy, I did print preview it showed
> exactly what i wanted to print, I was also able to type on it which is what I
> need to do.
>
> But than i printed it and it came out Tiled, why?
>
> All i simply want to do, for the love of God, is take this letterhead Jpeg
> that I have and paste it on a word file and write a contract and print it
>
> With 1 billion options why cant this simple thing be done
>
> I was told to visit this page
> https://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?gprid=8753&st=1 as well as
> this page http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/word/HP051899221033.aspx
>
> I also found these 2 poor souls who had the same problem but never got an
> answer to it:
>
> http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090212093456AAohO6X
>
> http://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/thread-3673252.php
>
> Can someone please help me figure this out?

0
Bob
6/7/2010 7:29:06 PM
Tom wrote:
> Whoever helps me find a solution to this is pretty darn smart.
>
> I thought this would be a piece of cake but realize now it's harder than it
> seems even though it should not.
>
> I made a beautiful letterhead for my company but have it in Jpeg
>
> So I decided to write a contract on it with word and paste the letterhead as
> a background
>
> I did some searching on how to do this, because as usual, the most simple
> and obvious option of doing something was not apparent in a Microsoft program
> :(
>
> I tried adding it as a watermark, but you only have options of
> 50-100-150-200 and 500% and none worked (Again no obvious available option
> here to include a manual setting or 75% which might have worked), besides
> that i do not want a faded looking picture using this option.
>
> So than i did more research and found an option to add a picture through
> page colors option which is next to the watermark option.
>
> I went there (Word/Page Layout/Page Color/Fill Effects/Picture) and clicked
> on fill effects than inserted a picture
>
> It went in perfectly so i was very happy, I did print preview it showed
> exactly what i wanted to print, I was also able to type on it which is what I
> need to do.
>
> But than i printed it and it came out Tiled, why?
>
> All i simply want to do, for the love of God, is take this letterhead Jpeg
> that I have and paste it on a word file and write a contract and print it
>
> With 1 billion options why cant this simple thing be done
>
> I was told to visit this page
> https://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?gprid=8753&st=1 as well as
> this page http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/word/HP051899221033.aspx
>
> I also found these 2 poor souls who had the same problem but never got an
> answer to it:
>
> http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090212093456AAohO6X
>
> http://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/thread-3673252.php
>
> Can someone please help me figure this out?

It's not hard; you made it hard. You needed to just look at the options
in the program and not searching the web for it. It's right there on the
insert tab on the ribbon, Insert>>Picture>>navigate to the image you
want to insert, then move it to the position you want it in. It's that
simple.

A watermark IS a faded image that shows under the text. When you
inserted it as a fill, that's what it did, it filled the page.

0
Donahoo

Imaging and Ghosting
Can anyone tell where I can find information on how Imagaing and Ghosting PC's work ...

Slow Printing vs Word
I am creating a 4x4 label as a report in Access for Inventory Control. When I print the report out of Access it pauses between label prints. So if I print 4 copies it pauses for about 2-3 seconds between prints. If I create and print that exact same label out of Word it prints all copies consecutively without any pauses. I'm using 2003. Any ideas? ...

How can I print to email?
I want to send the results from some sheets to people who do not have Excel. If I attach the XLS file, it will be useless to anyone without Excel. I basically want to send what I see on a printout to a printer or Fax. Any ideas? Is there a way to setup email as a printer? This will enable me to use the same method for Word, Powerpoint and other products without caring about the recepients software. Jim Hi Jim You can send the text in the body of the mail I don't know what Excel version you use and which mail program? Or let them download the free Excel viewer You can view and ...

Any way to fix without having disk...?
I have WinME, Outlook 2000 which worked fine until some months ago... Now I can open, but if I try to send new message, my busy icon comes up & stays until I "end task." I have been using OE in the meantime, but would prefer using Outlook, mainly for the calendar, but other reasons! I know I haven't given many "symptoms," but hard to do if you can't really use the program other than open it! Any ideas/suggestions? Thanks, Sherry "Sher" <savoire.etre@verizon.net> wrote in message news:FHiif.6021$6e5.591@trnddc09... >I have WinME, Outl...

Print user class report in delimited form
Hi, I would like to export the user access report in delimted format to be used in excel, is there a way I can do it? The user class report has way too much headers and sub headers. Thanks in advanced. Sure, Just modify the report using Report Writer. Remove the page header section and also any extra lines you don't want in the report header. It's a pretty simple report. "Richard" wrote: > Hi, > > I would like to export the user access report in delimted format to be used > in excel, is there a way I can do it? The user class report has way too much ...

2007 Money Issue
I hope someone can help me here. I previously used Money 2003 on XP. Just received a new PC with Vista. I ordered Money 2007 from the Miscrosoft website. It loads correctly and works fine after install. Once I import my 2003 data or copy the 2003 Money File over the 2007 Money file I begin to have an issue. Money 2007 takes anywhere from 5 to 10 minutes to open the file. I can click bills and calendar but once I click Home it takes another 5 minutes to get there. Any ideas on what could be happening. What is the correct way to upgrade from 2003 to 2007? The file is 7mb? First...

How to print (not) grid lines?
When I print Excel Worksheets then sometimes the gridlines are printed and sometimes not. How can I enable/disable printing grid lines? Claudia Page Setup > Sheet - Gridlines. -- Regards Dave Hawley www.ozgrid.com "Claudia d'Amato" <clauama@wonderworld.com> wrote in message news:4bc9534a$0$6886$9b4e6d93@newsspool2.arcor-online.net... > When I print Excel Worksheets then sometimes the gridlines are printed and > sometimes not. > > How can I enable/disable printing grid lines? > > Claudia > ...

Add Word and change format
1) Let say colomn A is a product codes, such as "PK0021", "UQ05P8", etc...Now I want add a "Z" in front the codes. To be "ZPK0021, ZUQ05P8". What's the faster way in case I got thousand of codes? 2) In my colomn B is such code as "18-521-65, 18-81-84, 18-1112-65" and etc. Now I would like to make it to be standard to 4 digit for the middle number to be "18-0521-65, 18-0081-84, 18-1112-65" ... As the same senario as above, I got more than thousand of such codes... What's the faster way? Kelvin The first could be done wi...

All attachments received are corrupt in Outlook 2007
I just installed Office2007 and all attachments that are coming in(PDF, XLS, ZIP) will not open without warnings of corruptions. Media files will not open at all. I am on XP Home with all updates. I must be missing something somewhere. I cannot even get embedded pictures to show. Any ideas how to fix this problem?? thanks "The Ticket" <The Ticket@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C58FC764-9FA6-4A36-9074-F93CE1718EBF@microsoft.com... >I just installed Office2007 and all attachments that are coming in(PDF, >XLS, > ZIP) will not open without warning...

Print Reconcilliation #2
Is it possible to print a reconcilliation when you are done with it? I could always do this in Quicken but can't see how to do it in Money. Money doesn't have a reconciliation report. This, and many workarounds and near workarounds have been discussed numerous times in the last month or so. (These things come in cycles--this is the cycle for reconciliation report, apparently.) Get more headers or search archives of this group at http://groups.google.com. "Thomas Schiessl" <Schiessl@athenet.net> wrote in message news:319901c37573$1a2d6fa0$a301280a@phx.gbl... &g...

Publisher 2007 Email Anything with pictures
I'm new at this. I want to send out an email to my chapter each month advising of Lunch, cost, location... yadda. I am able to create a wonderful email. I send it and if you have outlook and Yahoo, it comes out o.k. If you open it in AOL or Thunderbird, Everything comes out as separate .jpg. (Borders, Logo, Some of the text) attached to the email. There is one option that I tried and it came out as one .jpg attachment. I have tried all the options to the best of my knowledge. None of the options come out as reading it when you open it in AOL or Thunderbird. Some tex...

"The image file ___ is valid but ...."
"The image file ________ is valid but is for a machine type other than the current machine." What does this message dialog mean on Win XP x64? It means that the program you're trying to run is 16-bit. There is NO 16-bit support in any 64-bit version of Windows. You'll need to run the application in a virtual machine running some earlier version of Windows. -- Charlie. http://msmvps.com/blogs/russel <johnsuth@nospam.com.au> wrote in message news:c1.2c.3KklK9$0TP@PC1.BIGPOND.COM... > > "The image file ________ is valid but is...

Outlood 2007
Boy, do I need help. I''m a novice with a lot of email experience; but this program is throwing me for a loop: It will not allow me to delete an email message out of my inbox. It will not allow me to save a new contact. I can't even delete a calendar reminder. Can you help me? Coachvan1@cox.net "coachvan1@cox.net" <coachvan1@cox.net@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F9D09235-B706-463F-8E51-E22AEE731921@microsoft.com... > Boy, do I need help. > I''m a novice with a lot of email experience; but this program is thr...

Outlook 2007 Not Working after IE8B2 Install
Outlook 2007 has stopped working since I installed IE8 beta 2 I start OL2007 - the "blank" screen and splash are displayed along with a Windows Installer dialogue box with the text "Preparing to install...". I gave it half an hour it just sits there, I killed OL and rebooted, OL asked if I wanted to start in Safe Mode I responded in the affirmative but the Windows Installer window is still there. Neither Task Manager, Process Explorer nor System Explorer show a Task or Process for an installer. The Windows Installer window is owned by the Outlook 2007 process, its ...

printing to parallel port with writefile
I was wondering if someone might be able to tell me how to use writefile to send a string of text to a parallel printer. The text is special IPL printer codes for a barcode printer so it has to be sent directly to a printer. I have used the system command() though with mixed results in Visual C++ and windows. I am used to programming in DOS where all I had to do was send a file to a printer using the copy command like: "copy 227-029.fmt lpt1" or "copy 227-029.fmt com1" (after setting up the com port with another system command. Even so I would like to know how to...

Problem with Text box and Background
I am using the background as a temple for a form I add test boxes where I want to have text typed in The problem is when I print the page the text I have typed in isn't where it is supposed to be It is below the line of the background form How do I solve this problem? Web page? Best asked in the publisher.webdesign group -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "News" <gmhull@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:pOKFf.27487$F_3.19174@newssvr29.news.prodigy.net... >I am using the background as a t...

How to set right margin in the Endnotes in Word?
I need to set the right margin in the endnotes in Word 2007. If you want the notes to have a different margin from the page, you can apply an indent (positive or negative) to the Endnote Text style. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Ounbbl" <Ounbbl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:826849B3-FED1-411D-906E-489FB29F1A00@microsoft.com... >I need to set the right margin in the endnotes in Word 2007. > ...

2003 code raises error in 2007
I have a reference in VBA to a subform of a subform, which works fine in Access 2003. In Access 2007, however, it results in "you have entered an invalid reference to the property Form/Report." This is the snippet of code: Private Sub SetFormProperties() 'called from form_open, makes all forms editable if edit mode was selected Dim ctrl As Control, ctrlSub As Control Dim frm As Form If Me.OpenArgs = "Edit" Then Set frm = Me 'set main form edit options EditProperties frm 'set subform edit options For Each ctrl In frm If ct...

Importing Word to Excel
Hello! I have a list of names and adresses in a word document that look lik this: Doctor John Smith Director Hospital of Hurt People 4556 Bittersweet Lane Town, State xxxxxx I am now compiling another list of names and adresses and entering th data immediately into Excel (file attached). What I would like to do is merge the two lists into one and eliminat any duplicates. The goal is to print mailing labels. Could someone point me in the right direction? Also, should I be using Access instead of Excel -- Project ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Pr...

print mass Powerpoint certificates from Excel file
I get Excel lists of students that require training certificates. I have a PowerPoint certificate. Is it possible to do something simular to a mail merge? In article <BFBA41AC-26D1-4B30-8C54-425C2E8A50F0@microsoft.com>, Go to Girl wrote: > I get Excel lists of students that require training certificates. I have a > PowerPoint certificate. Is it possible to do something simular to a mail > merge? Not out of the box, but we have a commercial PowerPoint add-in that does exactly this. You can try out a fully functional demo to see if it meets your needs. Mo...

How do I get a checkbox to check in Word?
I have a Word document form with numerous checkboxes. I did some updates to it and now the boxes won't check. What can I do to get them to check and un-check again? Protect the document for forms. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> "Danieldh" <Da...

Why are lines appearing to the left and top of my jpeg images?
In Word and now in PowerPoint now, after I insert a .jpg image and save the document lines are appearing to the left and top of the image. Why is this happening and how do I stop it? It's not happening on every .jpg image only on some. Cropping will get rid of it but I have a logo that is already cropped as much as it can be and I can't crop it anymore! Any advice is appreciated. In article <570BA9EB-BFEF-4EA1-B698-B1EDDFE574AD@microsoft.com>, SFL Beach Girl wrote: > In Word and now in PowerPoint now, after I insert a .jpg image and save the > document line...

Labels not printing zip codes
I am doing a simple mail merge from other peoples excel lists...when I print the lables, many of the zip codes show as a zero on the label. I notice a green comment error corner and by ignoring the error, the problem goes away but what causes this to begin with? If I highlight the whole column to format as zip codes the boxes do not go away. If I correct and then copy the data to a new sheet the new formatting does not save. Debra Dalgleish posted this to a similar question: There's an article on the Microsoft web site that might help you: Answer Box: Numbers don't merge rig...

Attachments print automatically
Every time I open an attachment in Outlook 2002 it prints the attachment. I have seen add-ins advertising they can do this for a cost. I can do it and I don't want to! Anyone know how to turn it off or fix the problem Is it printing the attachment when you open it, or printing the attachment when you want only to print the message? If it's the latter, try this. Highlight Inbox, click File, Print. Take a look at the bottom left corner of the menu. Is "Print attached file" clicked? If it is, unclick it and that should work. Otherwise, sorry, I don't know. &...

what color is my background?
How do I view the exact CMYK colors I used for a background? When I close and reopen the file, the color os no longer in the background color pal Download and install Pixie, it is a small color picker utility. Free www.nattyware.com -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Modern Farm & Ranch" <Modern Farm & Ranch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:817B2B99-896E-48DD-B4C1-B92E0390374E@microsoft.com... > How do I view the exact CMYK colors I used for a background? When I close and &g...