Grid lines

I am using Office XP. I am working with word and I inserted a table and a
pasted images into each cell. Now I am copying the whole document and I am
pasting into PAINT. Now I hide the gridlines in word bur when I paste into
Paint some of the grid lines still show up. Why?
Sol

0
S1L1Y1

Likely because it is an Image, the grids are still there, just not
visible in Word.

S1L1Y1 wrote:

> I am using Office XP. I am working with word and I inserted a table and a
> pasted images into each cell. Now I am copying the whole document and I am
> pasting into PAINT. Now I hide the gridlines in word bur when I paste into
> Paint some of the grid lines still show up. Why?
> Sol

0
Bob

Show decrease in gap time in a line graph
Hi, I'm trying to show that my time needed to fill new positions is decreasing. The data I have is the date a new employee is requested, the date I hired someone, and the number of days in between (gap). Any help would be appreciated. I think I would put the request date in one column, and the number of days to process the hire in the next, and make a line chart of this data. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "a0xbjzz" <a0xbjzz@discussions.microsoft.com> wro...

Subject Line Does Not Appear
All of a sudden, when I go to send an e-mail, there is no place to enter the subject. All I can enter is the destination address, and, of course, the body of the message. I cannot find a setting for this anywhere in options. TIA for your help. Ken WB6QWF When in a new mail item go to the View menu & select Message Header. "Ken Gunton" <kgunton@woh.rr.com> wrote in message news:2md4p1hrclgumaacnmg8gcdb4cuqgb9l0a@4ax.com... > All of a sudden, when I go to send an e-mail, there is > no place to enter the subject. All I can enter is the > destination address, and...

how do i copy/paste in excel without pasting hidden lines
I've got a spreadsheet with various rows hidden but when i highlight and copy into another ss it also copies all the lines i've hidden. I'm sure there must be a way to only copy the lines i want! > I'm sure there > must be a way to only copy the lines i want! There is. Select the rows you want to copy including the hidden ones then tap F5 - Special - Visible cells only OK and then right click and copy and you only have the visible cells -- Mike When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the fewest assumpti...

ERROR saving Grid as XML
SCENARIO ======================================= I have a Grid and I want to save the values on an XML. Let me say that I am NOT using DataSet to load valus on my grid. PROBLEM ======================================= When I am saving a Grid to XML I get the following exception: "Token StartElement in state Epilog would result in an invalid XML document" SOURCE CODE ======================================= myXmlTextWriter = new XmlTextWriter (aFileName, null); myXmlTextWriter.Formatting = Formatting.Indented; myXmlTextWriter.WriteStartDocument(); myXmlTextWriter.WriteStartElem...

Publisher 2003 Line spacing
Hello, I'm reasonably new to Publisher but am getting there.... however, I'm struggling with something that's probably really simple to address. I've pasted articles from Word into Publisher and the bottom line of each paragraph is spaced differently to every previous line in the same paragraph - there seems to be additional space above the letters. I seem to have tried everything to resolve this - justification, line spacing, baseline guides... nothing seems to help. It's maybe none of those things, or maybe it is but I've not understood properly what I ne...

set Curved lines as default for Connector tool.
Is there a way to set "Curved Lines" as the default for the "Connector tool?" Now I have to draw the line with the default setting of "Straight Line" then change it to a curved line. I am using the Detailed Network Diagram template. Thanks Matt When you first use the Connector Tool, a master called Dynamic Connector is created in your Document Stencil. Open the Drawing Explorer Window Expand the Masters branch Right mouse the Dymanic connector master Select Edit Master Change the line to Curved Connector Close the Master Edit window (accept changes) T...

remove line breaks in word 07
I want to remove line breaks in word 07 without doing each one manually. All that I've found seems to apply to Excel or older versions of word. Is there a way to do it with this version? Thanks in advance. Line breaks or paragraph breaks? See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/CleanWebText.htm -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <&...

Signatur Lines
How to make signatur lines only on return sales?? Regard Kenneth ...

command line usage
How do you hide a receipient form the GAL and set the Information storage limit to zero from the command line? Thanks, The only way to do this would be to script it, and this depends on what version of Exchange you use. -- Mark Fugatt Microsoft Exchange MVP www.exchangetrainer.com www.msexchange.org "JJ" <jaklilu@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:06c701c3b93a$ba189200$a101280a@phx.gbl... > How do you hide a receipient form the GAL and set the > Information storage limit to zero from the command line? > > Thanks, >-----Original Message----- >The only ...

WORD: Change default font, paragraph and line spacing
Running Windows 7 Pro with Office 2007 Enterprise. I need to change the default font to Tahoma; line spacing to single; with no paragraph space on normal style paragrah for new all documents. I have been doing this for years. Open Font Dialogue Box - set font size etc and clicked the dault button and OK. Easy as falling off a log. The same with line space and paragraph spacing setting - Open Paragraph Dialogue box - change settings and click default. This is not working on my Windows 7 HP Notebook. I then thought I would change the Normal Style and set it "For all docum...

Cannot eliminate double line spacing
When composing an email message in Outlook 2007, especially when formulating a reply, the <Enter> key continually inserts a double-space at the end of a line. To resolve the problem, we highlight the text and choose single-spacing from the 'Text Formatting' options, but the double-spacing persists. Has anyone else experienced this problem and do you have a solution? We have expereinced this frustrating behavior through multiple versions of Outlook. Blue Max <mailrichard@msn.com> wrote: > When composing an email message in Outlook 2007, especially when > ...

How do I set up a way to add up the number of lines used when cal.
I am doing a worksheet. On this chart I want to track the price of an object sold. Along with that I want to add up the number of the objects that have been sold, by just adding up the number sold in a column. Is there a way to do this, beside creating another column and putting a qty in it. It sounds like you want to use =countif() (if each object is singular) If you have quantities, maybe using =sumif() Debra Dalgleish has some nice counting/summing instructions at: http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctions01.html and http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctions04.html Nixco wrote: >...

Line charts with missing data points in Excel 2007
The data points will not connect in a line chart due to missing data in between. I see a thread where you can solve this problem by selecting the interpolation option in Tools menu > Options > Chart tab. But I can not find this Chart tab options under Excel option in Excel 2007. Could someone please tell me how to deal with this problem in Excel 2007? Thank you very much. turen turen - Right-click a point of the data series, choose Select Data from the shortcut menu, on the Select Data Source dialog box click Hidden and Empty Cells, click (Show empty cells as:) Connect da...

Syntax error with WinDBG command line -c ".cls;g"
I am using WinDBG 6.12.2.663 to debug a target (VMWare ware guest) over COM pipe. I intend to pass a command line that clears the screen and continues debugging. So, I pass -c ".cls;g" and I get the syntax error Processing initial command '.cls;g' 0: kd> .cls;g ^ Syntax error in '.cls;g' It works fine if pass just -c ".cls" WinDBG help states that "If you are starting a debugging client, this command must be intended for the debugging server. Client-specific commands, such as .lsrcpath, are not allowed. ". Is that wha t...

How do I convert a line chart to a vertical line chart in Excel
data: yr_2007 yr_2008 yr_2009 spring 20 75 35 summer 60 25 80 fall 55 40 100 x : year y: value of count want convet to: x: value of count y: year x If I understand you correctly, a XY Scatter chart would be the more appropriate chart. Even though it and the Line chart look similar, the former offers a numeric x axis. On Wed, 19 Aug 2009 20:09:01 -0700, Gerty <Gerty@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > data: > yr_2007 yr_2008 yr_2009 >spring 20 75 35 >summer 60 25 80 >fall 55 40 100 > >x : year ...

Delete Email from OUTBOX with certain Subject line
Hello all, I hope that someone that reads this can help me. I am attempting to remove ALL emails from the outbox with a certain subject line (We send emails with a 10min delay to the outbox with subject "Please Acknowledge Issue") where can I find assistance with this? Press Ctrl Shift F to invoke Advanced Find window or Go to Outbox - sort by Subject line <djchaney3@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1191340779.944436.135370@50g2000hsm.googlegroups.com... > Hello all, I hope that someone that reads this can help me. I am > attempting to remove ALL emails from the outbo...

Special line graph effect
Hi, I'm trying to create a line chart that, beyond a certain point, gives an increasingly widened line to indicate uncertainty when extrapolating into the future. I've created a temporary link to a graph from a Bank of England inflation report which has the effect: www.student.city.ac.uk/~ae316/linechart.jpg Not sure if this is possible in Excel but would appreciate any help Thanks Pascal Hi You can achieve this effect by combining a line and area chart. set your first area series = the lower bound of the projected range and your second area series to be the difference between ...

Constant number of lines per group
I need to print a constant number of lines per group, as my report needs to print on pre-printed forms, and the data needs to land in the correct location on the paper. I found the following support article on Microsoft's web site, but it indicates that it works only through version 97. Hoping it would still work anyway, I followed the instructions, but it did not work for me in Access 2007. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q119073 Does anybody know how to accomplish this in 2007? TIA. "... did not work ... in Access 2007" does not tell us much. Did Access print anything?...

Still frozen out of On-line clip art--PLEASE HELP!
I'm sorry, Mary--I tried what you told me--NOTHING works. I'm starting to panic as I use the office on-line clipart constantly. The only step I didn't try was deleting the Office cookie because I don't know how to do that. I am not a technical person. In addition to being frozen out of Office on-line clip art, I am not able to engage a hyperlink. I get the same message each time: "Unable to open. Cannot open specified file". I can't understand why everything was working fine a couple of days ago and now everything seems to be locked up. I even foun...

Editing Paragraph Line Spacing using macro; need help
I have the following code which should, but does not, change paragraphs that have exactly 24 or 12 pt spacing. Can you advise me as to what is wrong with the code? I can't find anything that addresses the issue in an if statement. I hope someone can help. Sub ParaSpacingFix3() '2. If the paras is set to exactly 12 points ' then make the spacing single spaced. ' If the paras is set to exactly 24 points ' then make the spacing double spaced. Dim par As Paragraph On Error GoTo NextPara For Each par In ActiveDocument.Paragraphs If par.L...

Aligning lines in a chart
Hi I have a chart created from three different worksheets. They are lists of defects grouped on dates, and each sheet contains one status. The x-axis has dates, the y-axis has number of defects. The problem seems to be aligning the different lines from these worksheets. The groups are not on the same dates, so I have three tables that can look like this (only first three, sorted): Date New Defects 27.05.2008 9 28.05.2008 14 29.05.2008 14 Date Fixed Defects 28.05.2008 7 29.05.2008 6 30.05.2008 8 Date Closed Defects 29....

Line chart: Dates in uneven intervalls on x-achsis #2
'Supplementary' questions: Is there a clever way to make excel recogniz that '3 months' stands for '0.25 years', and '6 months' stands for '0. years'? I know, this is only cosmetics. Nevertheless it would be interesting ;) Gil -- gdavid ----------------------------------------------------------------------- gdavids's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1589 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27378 You could use a helper column that divides months by 12 to scale as years. Jer...

Leader Lines in Excel?
Does anyone know if it is possible to create Leader Lines in an Excel worksheet, like the way you can in Word (using Tab Stops)?? Thanks. It depends what you're trying to do, but some variation on the following may help: 1. Enter a value in A2, and the other value in C2. 2. In cell B2, type the character you want as the leader, e.g. a period. 3. With B2 selected, choose Format>Cells. 4. On the Alignment tab, under Horizontal, choose Fill 5. Click OK Steve wrote: > Does anyone know if it is possible to create Leader Lines > in an Excel worksheet, like the way you can in Wo...

I want to find the lowest point on the plotted line in a graph.
Hi, I want to find the lowest point on the plotted line in XY (Scatter) graph. I have many points scattered above and below the line. I need the lowest point on the line and not the lowest point on the graph. Hi, We need more detail about the line and your data points? Is the line a simple horizontal line, a slope or a undulating line? Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "Edwin" <Edwin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1B9AF947-98BD-467F-9F23-93039DD968DC@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I wa...

Best grid for data...
I have to use a grid to display data. The data is not from a database and hence I cannot use data bound grids. Now, there are so many grids that Iam totally confused which one to use. For now, I just have to display information and sort the rows in ascending/descending order when the user clicks on the column header. This can be achieved even by MS Flex grid. But Iam looking for a grid that is flexible and extensible in case there are new requirements like editing cell data. Can somebody help me find a good grid? Ofcourse Iam looking for freeware. thanks for your patience. T...