Excel 2007 03-10-10

Question: Can Excel arrange items in 'alpaphabetical' order all at once if
items are all put into one column after a person is through inputting them?

Or must everything be input in 'alphabetical' order?

Thank you.

Dave

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4932 (20100310) __________

http://www.eset.com

0
David

Click Data, Sort

David Dyke wrote:
> Question: Can Excel arrange items in 'alpaphabetical' order all at once if
> items are all put into one column after a person is through inputting them?
>
> Or must everything be input in 'alphabetical' order?
>
> Thank you.
>
> Dave
>

> __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4932 (20100310) __________

> http://www.eset.com

0
Bob

i cannot use the mouse right click in excel. how to rectify?
i cannot use the mouse right click in excel. how to rectify? Is this just when over the cells ? Does it work on the title bar - windows options Or on the Excel menus ? Steve On Tue, 19 Sep 2006 14:21:01 +0100, j <j@discussions.microsoft.com> wrot= e: > i cannot use the mouse right click in excel. how to rectify? Unless the right-click button is frozen, I'm sure you can use the mouse right-click in Excel Just hit the right-click button. Now...........................the real issue What are you right-clicking on and what doesn't happen for you? Does the right-click no...

Exchange 2007
I have an Exchange 2007 server, and the SMTP Send Connector points to one of our two SmartHosts. I'm looking for a solution that provides resilency with the second SmartHost if the first fails for whatever reason. When looking at the Send Connector properties, I can add additional SmartHosts on the Network tab. To provide resiliency, is it as simple as adding the second SmartHost? Therefore, email will route to the available SmartHost. Thanks Ron On Wed, 31 Mar 2010 16:34:49 -0700, GoTrojans <GoTrojans@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have an Exch...

Conditional Formating 06-04-10
I have developed a rule for a column of data. =$ak$7:$ak$11 =$ak$4:$ak$6 I want to repeat this same rule to adjacent columns, AL thru AS. Then I want to repeat the same rule for the range AK15 AK22 THRU AS15 AS22. Is there a way to repeat this same formula without re entering the same formula throughout the entire workbook? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Actually what this formula will do? -------------------- (Ms-Exl-Learner) -------------------- "Going Crazy with excel" wrote: > I have developed a rule for a column of data. > =$ak$7:$ak$11 ...

import hyperterminal value into excel
How do I import a hyperterminal value into an excel cell? ...

Excel Function to Access
I would like this excel function =IF(A4=A5,C5-C4,C5) to be utilized a a function in a query in MS Access where the fields that supposed t be in column A are the primary key fields and the next fields whic are in column C, are to be calculated in.The answers to this functio are to go into a new field.....Any help please? : Primary key, by definition, means no duplicates. How would A4 ever equal A5? -- George Nicholson Remove 'Junk' from return address. "CJT" <chico_2186@yahoo-dot-com.no-spam.invalid> wrote in message news:Wa-dnQuiOcaYskDfRVn_vQ@giganews.com... &g...

Is it possible to have 2 excel version in one computer?
hi everyone i just installed a 2003 version office... i liked the new features but when i wanted to open an excel file that has been created by 2002 version excel, i was shocked that i can't open the file successfully. When i opened and enabled the built in macros in the file, an error message popped out and said that the data may have been lost. After I have closed the error message, i checked the file. the data is still in the worksheet but all the words, format, buttons, and other information have all disappeared. However, if I open it in another version other than 2003, the file work...

Free MS Excel/Access Video Tutorials and Articles
Hey All, There are a whole bunch of free articles and video tutorials at http://www.davidbase.com. There's no cost to sign up and there are lots of articles and videos to check out. Some of the topics are Access VBA, Excel, Database Design, Reporting, Union Queries and more. Some recent articles: Access Parameter Queries Union Queries Excel VBA Random Numbers Relationships and Joins � and plenty more. Sign up (it's free) right on the home page and see if it suits you. Thanks, AppTrix Staff http://www.davidbase.com ...

Excel Formulae #3
Hi, I have a spreadsheet with value in one column & a series of dates in 5 other columns.For each row depending on the value in the first colunm a date may be applicable in one or more of the other columns.e.g 550 in the first column will mean dates will be inserted in the next 2 columns similar to authority levels. My qn. is how can I show what's outstanding if the relevant authority levels have not signed off-basically this is used as a tracker of invoices & I would like to show what is outstanding awaiting approval at anytime. Thanks Raj ----------------------------------...

Excel -- Wrapped text disappears
A user here is having the same problem as described in a previous topic (http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.excel/browse_thread/thread/b32b50c3e69981d/dc8adb6c01616d70%23dc8adb6c01616d70). Windows XP Pro, SP2 Office 2003 Pro, SP2 New machine with plenty of resources. Was originally working properly, then mysteriously developed a strange symptom: Any text that is in an Excel cell in which the "wrap text" option has been selected no longer shows up. I have checked it with 1 character, 1 word, and multiple lines of text. It has been repeated with spreadsheets created on...

EXCEL caused an invalid page fault #3
Whenever I start EXCEL 2000 I get the following msg. EXCEL caused an invalid page fault in module EXCEL.EXE at 018f:3001de79. Registers: EAX=900a0154 CS=018f EIP=3001de79 EFLGS=00010246 EBX=00100000 SS=0197 ESP=0062eb5c EBP=0062ebf0 ECX=0000c630 DS=0197 ESI=50020044 FS=0ebf EDX=30021a90 ES=0197 EDI=300378d4 GS=0000 Bytes at CS:EIP: 0f bf 04 c5 aa df 01 30 89 45 dc 8d 45 e4 50 e8 Stack dump: 50020044 006b76e4 006b7608 006b7608 0062ebf0 006b7608 006b76e4 006b7608 0062eb54 3001dcc3 00000000 bff728a2 bff54f53 1294bb9c ad4c17af 12990002 I had reinstalled and repaired several times but it does n...

Reassigning Accounts 07-03-07
Is there a way to mass reassign some of one users accounts to another user. I know how to reassign all of a users accounts but I need to reassign a significant number and it will be monumental if I have to do each one individaully. Thank you for any help. You can use Advanced Find to look up the accounts in question, then select the ones you want and click the assign icon (looks like a person with a green arrow). -- Matt Wittemann, CRM MVP http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "av8r000" wrote: > Is there a way to mass reassign some of one users accounts to another user. >...

Bug in excel 2003
Hi, I'm trying to get an equation of a table of data. When I enter the data, make a graph of it, I get a nice sinus-kind-of-line. Therefor I would like to have fourth order equation. The line of data looks very good (125 data points). Then I add a trendline (4th order) that looks like a very nice fit. But when I set the properties of the trendline to "show equation in graph" the a wrong equation is displayed. After a lot of fiddling with data, I noticed that the shown equation has wrong contstands showing. E.g.: The shown eqaution = A + B*X + C*X^2 + D*X^3 + E*X^4 In fact ...

Excel 2007 Back-up copies
How do I stop Excel from creating a "back-up" copy everytime I "save" a document? It only does this when I "Save" not when I "save as". My folders are quickly filling up with back-ups. This just started happening after I upgraded to Windows 7. -- Hawaiianshirt Does that happen for all workbooks or a specific one. Open the workbook>from Save AS dialog>Tools>General Options> check whether 'Always create backup' is enabled or not? If this post helps click Yes --------------- Jacob Skaria "Hawaiianshirt...

Time formats in Excel 2003
Being in the UK, I obviously want to use the English(UK) date format, so Christmas Day is 25/12/05 rather than 12/25/05. However, this defaults the time format to hh/mm/ss (why, I do not know, since I can assure American readers we're not normally that precise), so I have to reset it English(US) to get hh/mm, which resets the default date format to mm/dd/yy, so I have to change it back the next time I want to format a cell as a date. Any way round this? It's only a minor problem but it's irritating me. Steve Stephen, If you set up your own custom format with hh/mm, it w...

excel passwords #2
I need to know how to set up a password and change a password to prevent access to my workbook.TIA Use workbook/sheet protection. Select tools menu>protection. There you can select the type of protection you want and include a password Regards, F.I. >-----Original Message----- >I need to know how to set up a password and change a >password to prevent access to my workbook.TIA >. > ...

where can I find a nurse staffing templatew for excel 2000
I need an excel template for excel 2000 that would allow me to staff nurses Try the Office Template Gallery. http://officeupdate.microsoft.com/templategallery/default.asp Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Mon, 17 Mar 2008 17:54:00 -0700, klif_e <klife@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I need an excel template for excel 2000 that would allow me to staff nurses ...

Reading Registry Key through excel?
Is there anyway to read a certain registry key and display it in a cell how about a way to create a key through excel? is that possible -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Rav, There is a special registry area for VBA which is read/written via GetSettinmg and SaveSetting functions. It is a bit restrictive, in that in can only writes to a limited part of the registry, but it's sufficient for storing application details. -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "ravz &g...

Excel 2003, when I click on a particular cell it gets deselected
While using Excel 2003, when I click on a particular cell, within 30 seconds, that particular cell gets deselected followed by the workbook. So each time I need to click either the cell or workbook to enter data in that particular sheet. There could be event code that is being fired. Does this happen if you open the workbook with macros disabled? HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "towinwin" <towinwin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B7B87AFB-27AC-4235-9AE3-5E7A46310AF8@microsoft.com... > While using Excel 2003, when I click on a particular cell, within 30 se...

Lookup Statement (2007)
I have a spreadsheet users will be entering monthly mileage readings into. Column D could have a value of M (miles) or K (kilometers). If K is used, I would like it to convert the difference between the starting and ending readings into miles. D9 = K H9 = Starting kilometers (45612) I9 = Ending Kilometers (45700) J9 = resulting difference in miles (I9-H9)*.6 result (52.8 miles) Is this possible. Thanks Sojuman - Yes, use this in cdll J9: IF(D9 = "K",(I9-H9)*.6,(I9-H9)) If D9 is "K", then it will calculate miles from kilometers, else it will ...

upgrade from 2002 to Accounting 2007
I am trying to import my MS 2002 data files to Microsoft Accounting Express 2007. I keep getting an error that MS money is not properly installed on my computer. Any suggestions? -- Carpe Diem! ...

excel find problems
I have a database in excel with 4 sheets. When I want to conduct a search, it only searches the active sheet. Therefore I have to select each sepearte sheet and carry out 4 individual searches. Is there any way to search all sheets at once? If there is not, I am aware I can create a user form and use the approproate syntax to conduct my required search. However this will take me a long time. If there is an easier apprach then please let me know. Regards camron What version of excel? How are you searching? In later versions of Excel, you can select multiple sheets and have Edit|Fin...

Money 2007. Transaction Download and Bill Summary Tool Conflict
I think I'm looking for some best practice advice on the use of MS Money. Currently using Money 2007. I bank and billpay with NetBank. I use the Money Bill Summary tool to schedule reoccurring payments and transfers, but I make these payments using the Bill Pay feature of my bank's website. When I run the Money Update Online Information tool to download cleared transactions, it does not match the Netbank payments and transfers with the Bill Summary tool ledger entries. This results in duplicate entries. I could stop using the Bill Summary tool, but I would still have the prob...

Excell won't open
I have produced a series of spreadsheets this morning. (Excel 2003) on my laptop. Have been saving them on a shared network folder. I have come to open them again and all I get is a the excel background with no worksheet. They all opened fine earlier this morning. Every other machine on the network can open the spreadsheets (from this location) just fine. I can open other spreadsheets from that same folder that I produced on other days. If I copy this morning's spreadsheets to my laptop, they still won't open. In all other aspects Excel works fine. If I save a new workshee...

Cells Change Color in 2007
I have a file that was created in 2003 with pivot tables in it. When it is opened in 2007 some of the filters on the pivot table are filled in black, but not all of them. It recently added another cell to its blackening. They are not filled when I open it in 2003. I can't re-save it in 2007 because of some other Macros issues, but even if you do it will sometimes change them back to black again... ...

Mailing labels with Excel
Can I use Excel to print mailing labels? If so, how. Please help, my boss is ready to strangle me. "=?Utf-8?B?d3poNTU=?=" <wzh55@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:9BC76531-F377-47AF-A0D6-B753297A7A90@microsoft.com: > Can I use Excel to print mailing labels? If so, how. Please help, my > boss is ready to strangle me. > Use Excel as a database for labels in Word. That would be the quickest solution, I suppose. -- It is I, DeauDeau (Free after monsieur Leclerc in 'Allo, 'allo) Use excel to hold your data and MSWord to print the labels. You ...